July 26, 2014 | 967 users online

Powder - New York Color - Smooth Skin Loose Powder

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:44:00 AM More reviews by lwrng

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is an EXQUISITE loose translucent powder for less than $5.00!!

I like to have a loose translucent powder as well as a compact. No, it does not have the amazing oil control that my HG MAC Blot Powder compact has but it does a damn good job for the price. Keeps my EXTREMELY oily skin matte for 1-2 hours & has a nice silky texture. I have zero complaints & (obviously) highly recommend it. Of course I wouldn't recommend carrying ANYTHING with a sifter on the go, I keep this at home and have my MAC Blot Powder with me on the field :]

rated 3 of 5 on 4/12/2014 3:46:00 PM More reviews by CamiKitti

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I've used this for six months, and it's good... if you don't have sensitive skin. This makes my face really itchy sometimes and other times it doesn't. It does work for combination skin and looks great after putting on foundation. It doesn't last as long as hope, but for the price, it does a good job.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by raydi0o

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my go-to powder. I decided to try a cheap powder instead of splurging, and it was worth it! I have it in both translucent and "naturally beige" shades. I have really dry skin so I was worried if it would completely flake my trouble areas but it doesn't seem to! It doesn't go on too cakey or splotchy either. Only issue is the packaging-- the slide on lid isn't ideal, but if I take it out I usually slide a rubber elastic over to keep it from budging in my makeup bag. There are likely better powders out there, but for the price you get an amazing product! This is a staple in my collection!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by kirito

I bought this on a whim, and it's in naturally beige. I used to use the BareMinerals loose powder, but I ran out, so I decided to try out this loose powder. It's REALLY cheap, only $3. I would say it does the job. I prefer my Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, but I like this NYC loose powder to just keep at home and use on days where I won't be going anywhere special. It doesn't last as long as my other powders, but how could you possibly beat the price?

Like most other reviewers of this product, the only real issue I have is with the packaging. The cap doesn't screw on; it just slides over the container. Thus, I'm sure that taking this powder anywhere must be an absolute nightmare.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2013 11:34:00 PM More reviews by Alexacelineazka84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

mine it transclucent.hmmm i like this shade give my face look radiant matte.very good powder for the cheap price.
nars lp and nyc lp i give balance score

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2013 1:15:00 AM More reviews by SydVish1999

This has been a holy grail product for me for a while. I love how much you get for how little this costs! It is a great drugstore powder! I do have oily skin in my t-zone and some dry patches on the rest of my skin and it doesn't seem to accentuate my dry patches while it keeps my oil free through out the day. I love the translucent shade and it doesn't cake up on my at all. I have noticed a slight... I would say shimmer but it defiantly has some reflective particles but I love the finish that gives. It keeps me matte but it doesn't make my skin look flat or one dimensional. Love this!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2013 5:20:00 PM More reviews by wonderlandecho

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Bought this yesterday and so far I'm loving it! It smooths out my skin and covers pores nicely. It seems to be helping my oily skin as well. I bought the translucent one and it doesn't make my skin cakey at all! The packaging doesn't bug me too much it can be a little messy, but it was only $3, and I'd rather not pay extra for expensive and unnecessary packaging. I use the sponge it comes with to pack on the powder to my oily areas and it gives me a smooth matte finish!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2013 8:08:00 PM More reviews by pigmentpro

Never need to go to a high end counter again for a great loose powder!! I paid 3 bucks for this and the value and product quality is awesome and I am totally sold. It comes in a nice tub like case and very easy to open. It does come with a cheap sponge for application but this is useless to me anyways as I apply my powder with a large fluffy brush. This is a great setting powder for your foundation or concealer. Its also great to absorb oil on your face and make your makeup look refreshed. I had no breakouts after wearing. Highly recommended product as im super impressed and the price is right!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by nicholeabigail

I got this for about $2.50 CAD because I love loose powders.. The container is huge!!! Which is awesome. It makes my skin so smooth!!! When I read smooth skin I thought it was just a name but it really makes your skin smooth. It makes your skin look FLAWLESS! This is my holy grail powder and I can't believe it's bigger than all my powders yet like $10 cheaper. There's nothing wrong with this powder at all its so finely milled and amazing. The only thing is how much comes out at a time. The sifter is terrible but I just put the rest I havent used back onto the sifter and tap it back in. Otherwise this powder is amazing and has the quality on high end yet price of dollar store

rated 4 of 5 on 2/2/2013 9:12:00 PM More reviews by lbenson

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I quite like this powder and find it an incredible value for the price.

I have somewhat dry NW 15-20 skin and wear a light dusting of this powder over a variety of types of foundation. Of all products that I wear on my face, I feel that loose powder has the least impact on the final makeup look and notice very little difference in the affect whether I use Chanel, Sheseido, MAC or NYC.

The price is exceptionally reasonable, so I bought both the Translucent and Natural Beige colours and have mixed the two together to create the perfect shade for me. Many have expressed concern about the packaging - a concern that I addressed by transferring the powder into an empty powder package that I had used up from another brand.

I recommend this powder for anyone who uses pressed powder for general use in setting foundation and other liquid or cream face produces. You may not want to use directly under the eyes, however, I have yet to find a pressed powder that is suited to this purpose.

Buy it on sale - and it's an even better deal!