New York Color Smooth Skin Loose Powder

4.1

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Calcium Silicate, Kaolin, Aluminum Starch Octenylsuccinate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Boron Nitride, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract. May also contain : Mica, Iron Oxides, CI 77491, CI 77492 Says on the package: Oil free and non comodogenic

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Can be compare to the BM original veil

on 3/7/2015 6:00:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Works well for setting makeup, also if I wear foundation that is slightly too dark for me, I can use the lightest shade of this powder so my makeup matches my skin tone. The only problem for me is that the lid of the packaging can fall off easily so some of the product can spill out. Is cheap and lasts a while too, will definitely buy again.

on 2/6/2015 6:12:00 AM

Gives me a Matt finish yet it doesn't cling to dry patches like other powders and it is good for controlling what little oil I get in my T zone . It also sets my makeup so that its not transferable which is one of the main things I look in a powder . For the price and quality it blows me out of the water and even though the packaging sucks honestly for under 5 $ and for such an amazing product it is totally worth it . A staple HG in my makeup bag :)

on 1/19/2015 11:33:00 AM

This is my holy grail powder! This is the first and only loose powder I have used and trust me it is brilliant! I use this to set my make up to give it a matte finish and sometimes if I apply a bit too much cream blush I use it to fade the colour and give it a more natural look. The price is unbeatable, you should definitely go out and buy this.

on 10/21/2014 5:26:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This is a really good face powder for the price. It keeps me matte throughout the day and is amazing at setting my makeup. So far, so good. It gives me a flawless finish and I love it. I took off one lippie for (yes you guessed it) the packaging. It doesn't bother me much, but if you're not careful you can waste a lot of product.

on 10/17/2014 12:28:00 PM

Will definitely buy again. You can't beat the price and you get a lot of product! Only problem is the packaging. The lid slids off very easily. Other then that, great product!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

While this isn't my favorite loose drugstore powder, it really is the definition of getting your bang for your buck. It's only about $2 or $3 and it does a good job of setting my foundations. You get so much product for such little money! I am oily/combo and it keeps my oil under control, no matter what type of base I am wearing. I do have to take a lippie off because it isn't as finely milled as I want it to be so if you put on too much, you will look cakey. There is also a bit of scent but I find it pleasant. It's not as overwhelming as Coty Airspun. I also think it's not as translucent as it should be, and that you can get a white cast from it if you're not careful.

Yes, the packaging is problematic. The lid easily comes off if you just pull it, it is not a screw top, which makes it difficult to travel with. It is less bulky than many other loose powder packages, and I like that the sifter's holes are on the large side so if I do spill too much out, it can easily be sifted back in.

on 4/12/2014 3:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I've used this for six months, and it's good... if you don't have sensitive skin. This makes my face really itchy sometimes and other times it doesn't. It does work for combination skin and looks great after putting on foundation. It doesn't last as long as hope, but for the price, it does a good job.

on 2/11/2014 6:49:00 PM

This is my go-to powder. I decided to try a cheap powder instead of splurging, and it was worth it! I have it in both translucent and "naturally beige" shades. I have really dry skin so I was worried if it would completely flake my trouble areas but it doesn't seem to! It doesn't go on too cakey or splotchy either. Only issue is the packaging-- the slide on lid isn't ideal, but if I take it out I usually slide a rubber elastic over to keep it from budging in my makeup bag. There are likely better powders out there, but for the price you get an amazing product! This is a staple in my collection!

on 12/4/2013 12:22:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I bought this on a whim, and it's in naturally beige. I used to use the BareMinerals loose powder, but I ran out, so I decided to try out this loose powder. It's REALLY cheap, only $3. I would say it does the job. I prefer my Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder, but I like this NYC loose powder to just keep at home and use on days where I won't be going anywhere special. It doesn't last as long as my other powders, but how could you possibly beat the price?

Like most other reviewers of this product, the only real issue I have is with the packaging. The cap doesn't screw on; it just slides over the container. Thus, I'm sure that taking this powder anywhere must be an absolute nightmare.

Recommended for Normal Skin