October 31, 2014 | 1029 users online

Loose Powders - Giorgio Armani - micro fil loose powder

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2013 6:05:00 PM More reviews by RiriG

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a great product, I have had it for about 8 months now and its not even half used up and this is with me using it every day.
If you're looking for flawless finish to set foundation without the weird powdery finish some powders leave sitting on your face, this is the one! It really blends in well and takes all shine away without a TOO over powdery look. I use it with the Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation. And I prefer it to MAC's powder also because it gives a natural makeup look, but can still be dressed up enough for a night out with bronzer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2011 6:25:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I hit pan on my Becca Fine Loose Finishing Powder so desperately needed a new replacement. I decided on the Micro Fil since the counter was just there and the SA recommended shade 02 for me. For reference, I wear Becca LSC in Cashmere, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in Beige Tendre, LM TM in Nude and MAC Studio Tint in Medium, and shade 02 is PERFECT. It's definitely not too dark and is just the right finishing touch for my makeup. My skin isn't oily so I can't say much about oil control, but my makeup is all there at the end of the day so I don't think there's any issues with staying power. However, you really do need to "work" the powder in (like with LM Translucent Loose Powder) so I think this is best applied with a puff or small kabuki. It's a little more effort, but the result is definitely worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2010 9:54:00 PM More reviews by brookelynn

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I buy all the expensive top rated products so my reviews have nothing to do with price. Both the Armani foundations and powders are nice. The Lasting Silk Foundation is oil-free but very light with a subtle glow and non-drying. Im hooked. The Micro-fil loose powder on the other hand is very nice, but I am not as impressed. It's not that much better than the Mineral Veil I have been using from Bare Minerals. If you can afford these without consequence then try them. But no make-up is magic so if it will kil your bank account, not sure it's worth it. The micro-fil powder gets 4 out of 5 stars if that, the foundation 5 out of 5. BTW just got Cle De Peau concealer...it's ok~

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by wonderbuy

This is an ultra fine powder which gives a light, slightly iridescent finish. It is virtually weightless and you wonít risk looking caked on even if you donít blot beforehand. Apart from this, this is a very average product and there is nothing special about it. The colours are very limited and apart from the lightest shade, these are more suited to beige / warm skintones due to the lack of yellow pigment. If you are olive or Asian, these will dull you and make you look muddy, especially given the lack of colour choice (3 shades). I used this twice a day for 2 weeks and it really make me look dirty, and since the colour was not perfect, it made me look as if I had too much make up on and way too dark, thereby totally masking the colour of foundation, which is a perfect match. Much better choices are: Bobbi brown loose powder in pale yellow and Shu Uemura loose powder in 7YR, both these will brighten your look and somewhat correct the oxidisation of foundation throughout the day. This is very overpriced for what it is, and if you donít like sparkle, you wonít find much use for this powder. I think the lightest shade would do well as an under eye powder if you are fair, but it is a real splurge just for such a small area.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2009 6:51:00 AM More reviews by khadijanile

the finest powder you will ever find, the granules are TINY as a result you get a truly fantstic finish.

i was gutted when they dicontinued there colouor 3 but the sales rep said i should try the 2 and i found it workd perfectly.

great product, if your a fan of loose powders you will love this!

whether to wear on its own or to fix your foundation, i say yes yes yes

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2009 4:02:00 AM More reviews by gacoad

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my HG powder!

I adore the slight sparkle... barely noticeable, but gorgeous. It's such a light finish, I can't fault it.

5/5

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

This is just amazing, i switched to this powder after my mac pressed powder in nc30 started to look a little too cakey and makeup-y and too obvious in the sunlight. No 1 in this seemed very white and so I got shade 2, but both seem quite translucent because i can use shade 2 if im around nc25-30 and also if im darker (after tanning) nc37 ish. It is just the best powder I have ever used and therefore i will put up with the inconvience of it being a loose powder rather than pressed. But even though its a loose powder the packaging is quite good, i never have any major (Or even minor for that matter) spilages. I remember buying chantecaille loose powder a while back and taking it back to the store just because of the horrible packaging and powder going everywhere but ive had no problems at all with the GA, obviously you have to be careful as it is a loose powder but i certainly dont go out of my way to do so. It leaves the most amazing natural, slightly glowy finish, in comparison to the GA to MAC pressed powder was awful! I use a chanel powder brush which is perfect with this powder and just gently buff this powder on to my t-zone and it stays put all day and takes away any excess shine, i do put this powder in my bag for touch ups during the day but ive never had to once get it out to do so yet! This is definitely one of my best buys and a huge HG and i dont have many! Other fantastic all time faves of mine: shiseido eyebrow pencil, ysl faux cils, shu uemera eyeliner, lancome artliner in black and mac angel lipstick :)

rated 3 of 5 on 4/15/2009 3:37:00 AM More reviews by F1Missy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

PROs: Its the most lightweight powder ive ever used and feels great on my skin. The colour i use (#2) is perfect for my skin tone (GA Designer Compact #7)
CONs: I've only tried it once, but its a little too sparkly for me. I prefer my powders to be more natural looking (I usually use Estee Lauder So Ingenious - 03 Medium). I'm also not very fond of loose powder packaging because it goes all over the place in the jar if the puff isnt on top of it when closed, and if you tap it out, you may get a little too much out, but thats just me.

So really, it all just comes down to personal preference and how you like your powder. But in terms of the quality of the powder and how it sits on your face, it really works and does get rid of the shine off your face. For those who do not want to spend that much on a powder, best go to the GA counter and ask for it to be tested on you, with the make up you usually use, already on your face (if its not already Armani), that way, you may/may not see the difference it makes and helps you decide whether its worth purchasing and also determine what colour best suits you.

Its a shame because i really did want to LOVE this product as im a huge Armani Beauty fan. Having said that, ive only used it once, so maybe i should give it a few more goes, and ill give an update if there are any changes (good/bad).

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2009 7:06:00 PM More reviews by littleox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've never worn loose powder over my foundation before. I've looked around for a while for a suitable loose powder to set my foundation and tried this at Selfridges and I though wow! It's a real natural flawless finish. I have dry to sensitive skin and doesn't show up any of my dry patches.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2009 10:01:00 PM More reviews by julieyeo

I really wanted to like this product. It really is one of the more finely grained powders out there, and I love the glowy look I get from it. I bought this in both #0 and #1 for my LSF #4 skin. #0 is a translucent shade that looks white in the tub and is a good match, while #1 is a beigey shade that oxidised rather badly on me, making my face look muddy, so it may not suit those with FFF and lighter skin tones. There is something about this powder that just doesn't agree with my skin because a few hours into wearing the powder ( over my usual sunscreen and nothing else), I developed 2 zits on one side of my face, and I rarely ever get zits. I must be reacting to something in it. Too bad.

Update: I've tried it several times since after my skin cleared up, and it's still causing me to break out. Those with sensitive skin, beware.