July 23, 2014 | 1133 users online

Powders - Smashbox - Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder

rated 3 of 5 on 7/10/2014 7:03:00 AM More reviews by templesgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

We'll Iam like everybody else . I wanted to love this product . Iam on my second container and to be honest it's nothing magical . I always use over top of a foundation . It's heavy , and sits in my pores . The transfer is horrible ! I have it everywhere ! If I hug my man it's on his shirt , if I rub my face it's on my hands . And oh my god oil slick ! It doesn't nothing for my oily skin but I swear make it worse . Iam blotting within two hours. I will keep it around because you know $70 cdn I better . But honestly I wouldn't waste your money . I use a ton of high end products being in the biz bit I am going back to my old school cover girl loose powder . It's always set my makeup just fine without all of these horrid problems!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:17:00 PM More reviews by spsavage

This stuff was the worst. Sits atop my face; yet doesn't cover anything. Too expensive. Bad color choices.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

I love this especially for "light days" . Not that good for oily skin but looks nice for first few hours... Then needs to be blotted & reapplied.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/23/2014 9:18:00 AM More reviews by babycat1973

I can honestly say that I'm amazed that this has so many good reviews! I got it as part of the Try It kit and can honestly say that it's very run of the mill and ordinary. As for being hydrating, well, it's a powder, so I don't really know what I expected, but it certainly doesn't hydrate. Like most Smashbox creams, it has an orange tinge, leaving me looking like I've been tango'd. I give up on Smashbox completely, it's overpriced rubbish.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/18/2014 5:19:00 PM More reviews by Krissy0913

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love Halo powder! It is my HG of any powder I have tried. It never looks cakey nor does it settle into lines. I use it in light and although I'm more of a medium complexion it is dark enough. I use it with my LancĂ´me mineral brush all over my face and go back with my shiseido brush just under my eyes to set my concealer. It's not cheap although it has come down in price from $72 to $58 only now they don't throw in the little mineral brush (useless anyway).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Christy33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love the way this powder melts into my skin when I brush it on. It looks and feels amazing. The powder lasts for a very long time, about 1 year which I think justifies the cost. The only issue I have with it is the packaging. The closure always gets stuck so it will not snap shut unless I stick something into the latch hole to push the button out.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2014 8:33:00 PM More reviews by Jwright89

My favorite powder ever. Doesn't crease, when used with the primer it will stay all day as a foundation, and you can build the coverage with it. The only negative is the price as it is pretty spendy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2014 1:44:00 PM More reviews by lilacmess

I bought this in the try it kit, and while everything else in the kit makes me break out, the powder works incredibly well for me. It's the first powder I've found that doesn't emphasize dry patches and flakes and doesn't break me out. It blurs imperfections and makes my red skin look practically flawless.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:34:00 AM More reviews by mddlnclr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Ahhhhhh... I wanted to hate this stuff, I really did. It's just so darn expensive.. I mean $70 for a thing of powder is just RIDICULOUS!! So I started with the sample and try as I may, I couldn't hate it. It has been the only thing that has worked (and I've been trying everything) to dull out the red/dry/flkay patches of my first month on Retin-A. Will I buy it once my skin has healed up and adjusted to my new skin regime.,...? Debateble (only because on the price). But for now, it has been my HG for camouflage (do not expect full coverage from this stuff alone though).

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2014 9:30:00 PM More reviews by lizzliscio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this product!! I got this in the smashbox try it kit and its comes with a little brush. The brush works great with this powder. This powder really makes my skin look amazing! I use it over the smashbox bb cream which also came with the smashbox try it kit and together they just make my skin look better than its ever looked!

I only spent $30 dollars for the whole kit which is pretty good since it came with bb cream, this powder, primer, and a brush.

Overall GREAT product definitely would repurchase!