Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

4.5

Talc, Nylon-12, Silica, Lauroyl lysine, Magnesium Myristate, Boron nitride, Phenyl Trimethicone, Aluminum hydroxide, Potassium Sorbate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Parfum, CI 77007, CI 77491, CI 77499, CI 77891, Mica

on 12/14/2016 12:51:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love this powder. I do not love the price tag. However, it does last forever because you need very little. I have great results with it so I will continue to purchase.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I find this powder average. It is certainly not the worst one I have tried, but I don't get all the hype. It has very average oil control - for me, comparable to most drugstore powders. I am also quite pale and was matched with shade 30 Naturel/Translucent 2 by the SA at Chanel counter but I found out that after I reapply the powder a couple of times a day it leaves an orangeish cast on my face.
Overall, I personally don't think the powder is worth the price. If you are on the oilier side, I believe it could work well for combination to slightly oily skin, but if you have very oily skin like I do, I would get samples first.

on 11/15/2016 5:52:00 PM

Holy grail powder for me. I don't use it on my tzone, though it's perfectly good to use for that. I prefer to use a silica based powder for my Tzone. But this powder is the best to put over the concealer I use on occasional breakouts or the redness I have around my nose and on my chin. It just makes the concealer melt into my skin seamlessly. It lasts forever, since it's huge. I've had mine for at least 3 years. It's also breakout friendly, doesn't aggravate breakouts or give you new ones.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

My absolute favourite loose powder, sure it may be a little pricey but it lasts a while and leaves my skin feeling velvety matte and not cakey. I have been using this for 5 years now and won't ever use another. Love it!

on 9/10/2016 9:09:00 AM

This is makes my face plumper, glowy but matte at the same time. I have been using ysl souffle loose powder in color 1 which is pink color. It is matte alright but my face looks lifeless. Not dull, no but just not what iam looking for in a powder. And i thought with the combination of slightly pale foundation ( i use ysl cushion in 20) and pink powder it made my face a tad cooler. So i bought this chanel. First i dusted over tinted sunblock with flat brush. Wow amazing. I feel already half accomplished. Then, on top of the powder i apply ysl cushion foundation and dusted the powder again. That my friends, i just found my HG setting powder. My face glows and after four hours activity under a blazing sun and high humidity i saw minimal oil on my face, but the powder still there. It doesnt migrate or patchy at all. I dont even apply finishing powder like i usually do. This powder makes me a very happy girl.

I have this in 020 Clair. It's a good match for my NC 17-20 skin tone. Before this I was using RCMA and Kryolan loose powder which are great but I was sick of ordering it online. I'm old fashioned, I like buying makeup physically in the shops. My skin tone has become a lot paler and my usual drugstore options like Maybelline loose powder and Face of Australia loose powder were becoming too dark. Which had me searching for other brands outside of drugstore. It costs $73 for 30g, it's really expensive but I do get convenience of buying it locally and other high end brands charge even more for a third of what Chanel make. It's a good loose powder, does the job, mattifies the face, blurs and softens the appearance of skin texture.

on 4/8/2016 3:31:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The best loose powder by far! This powder is so finely milled and looks so natural but it can look cakey if you apply to much. You only need a little to sweep over your face to set your foundation/base so although it's expensive, it will last at least a year. I also like that the powder is colored because I personally don't like white loose powders for setting my foundation as it can leave a white cast to the skin especially if you have a tan or deeper skin complexion.

on 3/12/2016 10:59:00 AM

I thought this is the best powder after readings reviews here but I find even the transparent is not transparent can sometimes tend to oxidize my foundation and if you use it with a powder puff or heavy handed it's not going to look natural.. I would recommend this to someone who has great skin and uses minimum of foundation and small amount of this powder because its finely milled would last a longtime since you get a lot of product in it... for me I regret the purchase to expensive

on 3/10/2016 4:41:00 AM

Ive used this powder for years, its so fine and really covers well over your foundation. Only thing that bothers me and why I didn't give it 5 stars is due to the fact a lot of the product gets blocked up behind the holes and unless you pull the lid off (very difficult you need pliers) you would lose a lot of powder.

on 2/2/2016 10:31:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

This is perfection in a jar! It's expensive but you get 1oz so it'll last a long time. Gives a lovely luminous finish to the skin and looks never powdery. Would definitely repurchase.