Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

Filtered by age: 56 & Over
Chanel Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

3.8

Talc,Nylon-12,Silica,Lauroyl lysine,Magnesium Myristate,Boron Nitride,Phenyl Trimethicone,Aluminum hydroxide,Potassium Sorbate,Methylparaben,Propylparaben,Parfum,CI 77007,CI 77491,CI 77499,CI 77891,Mica

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This is what loose setting powder should be. I've used this for years - I've tried MANY many brands, but always come back to this for the beauty of the finish.
It doesn't blot all day, as you get older, you have to watch how much you apply, but at age 59 this one is still working for me as others have fallen by the wayside because of how they emphasis lines. This WILL, but is much less likely to do so if applied judiciously.
Its smells wonderful, is very expensive, but a little goes a long way and you get a good bit of powder.

on 8/8/2013 6:03:00 AM

I thought the tub was too large at first, but that's a good thing because there's plenty room to dab the puff, or swirl your brush without the loose powder falling out over the edges - far less messier than previous loose powders I've had. It is pleasant to apply (I use the puff provided, finishing off with a powder brush) and it leaves my face feeling fresh and pampered (perhaps that's due to the quality of the powder puff). It doesn't leave a heavy powdered look - sort of semi-matte finish. I have Translucent shade 2, and I think it's the right colour for my skin, but personally I prefer powders which give me a lift, a sort of radiance, which I think would be a different type of powder which I can't seem to find right now! In the meantime I will continue to use this powder. It will last me ages so I'm not sure yet if I will re-purchase, but I guess I would.

on 10/16/2010 7:56:00 PM

Now I know why Pixiwoo uses nothing but Chanel powder to set their makeup. It is such a beautiful sheer powder that sets foundation flawlessly. So little is needed and the effect lasts the day. .
EDIT: So I wore this for the first full day and I have to say this won't work for me. It's somehow chalky looking in daylight and it does look as though it is sitting on the skin. Not goo. Also this is weird but I could feel this powder on my skin like it was tight and unconfortable. Don't know if I'm reacting to one of the ingredients. As a result I have to return it.

I am very happy with this powder. I have this in 20 clair and use it to set my makeup. There is quite a bit of product in the container and it will last quite a while. I am a NC 25.

This is the best loose powder I've ever tried and I've used most high-end brands. Very expensive but lasts almost forever. Gorgeous package. I, like others have mentioned, use a powder brush instead of the puff, and I use it to set Vitalumiere creme.