MAC Cosmetics #183 flat buffer brush ] [DISCONTINUED]

No Image

on 10/25/2009 7:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I bought this brush from the CCO, after losing my first 183. The brush is very soft and versatile. It can be used to apply powders, or liquid foundation., One thing I would recommend is to seriously wash this in baby shampoo before use, It shed when I washed it at first then I didn't have shedding problems after that. I also kept the case which I do for most of my kabuki brushes so the shape can be maintained. I prefer my 180 much better than the 183, I guess I would get this again if I had to..

on 12/30/2008 4:24:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

The MAC 183 is no longer being sold from what I heard and I checked their website. This flat top kabuki is white goat hair. It is AMAZING. I reach for this brush constantly, I wish I had two so that when I am washing one I have a clean dry one waiting for me. The brush is thick and filled with goat hair. They were not stingy when they constructed the brush. I did not have a problem with shedding at all. One drawback is that it takes a long time to dry after washing. Between 1-2 days in the winter. The brush picks up alot of pigment and buffs the product into the skin to give a flawless airbrushed look.

It is so sad they don't make this brush anymore, they have replaced it with a kabuki that takes so many layers of buffing to get the same look. If you goto Youtube you can see a comparison between the two....

Popular Makeup Brushes