SKII Facial Treatment Essence

Filtered by skin type : Oily
SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.3

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have used up 1 & decide to switch to the pump bottle which is more convenient to get the product out& control how much product to use. The product is over priced but it lasts for a long time, nearly 6 month for me. The product is not too miracle in short term use but after constantly using for two years, my skin is much brighter& healthier. It might not effectively anti age to people with more mature skin I think but for much younger one, to brighten& hydrate.

on 2/1/2017 8:17:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral

Got mine from the SK-II site directly. I like it and I'm using it with my shiseido eudermine.
But WOW this thing though, some key things to mention. The texture of the essence is like water. And compared to my Eudermine its even more watery with no stickyness whatsoever. It basically soaks into your skin so fast. When you apply it on your face, it feels like liquid silk.... if silk was a liquid. Odd right, but its SO smooth even though its clear and watery.

The other key point: smell. GOOD LORD it smells like natto/mildly smelling feet/blue cheese/etc. Like if any one of these had a perfume made, this would be it. I personally think it smells like natto (mildly stinking/sweaty feet), not like rice vinegar (see, this smells decent and actually like FOOD) I sort of reeled when I put it on the first time, and for a good week or so I had the barbaric urge to WASH my hands of the left over essence on my hands. Cause holy smellz!. If interested, would recommend buying directly from site so you would know how it smells and feels, its very distinct.

Effects: Moisturing? yes, check. Brightening? I think it might take a while to notice but it does have a SLIGHT effect. I cant say how fast though because I am pretty generous when applying the amount. Nightly 2-3 pumps first and 2-3 pumps 30 min later (I bought the big pump size)

on 1/12/2016 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Extremely overrated and so expensive. I didn't notice a single change in my skin

on 12/13/2015 9:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have combination skin with acne prone, I have used this product since 11 months ago. Still have break out and some acnes on my face, my age skin still looks like older by the skii tools, dehidrates to my skin but my texture skin's little flawless.

on 12/8/2015 3:00:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Have been using this for a month now with the facial treatment clear lotion, i'd say this is quite good, after using this for a month i can see an improvement in my skin. I think it has made my skin brighter and clearer. Will continue using it to see how it goes :)

on 2/10/2015 4:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have always wanted to try this for years due to the hype - but the price point is crazy! I finally took the plunge with a discount from an e-tailer and have been using it for about two months now.

Claims:
The website states that "spots are less visible, appearance of wrinkles is reduced, skin texture is more refined, firmness is improved, and radiance is beautifully elevated. Skin becomes breathtakingly crystal clear."

My experience:

Just as a background I use the FTE like this: Hada Labo lotion (moisturizing toner) -> SKII FTE -> Hada Labo Milk (moisturizer). It looks and feels like water so I'm always really careful while pouring it out (so expensive!), smooth it all over my face with my palms and pat it down. My skin absorbs it really quickly, which is good because I wouldn't want it to sit there and evaporate away, and doesn't add any time to my routine at all.

1) Spots: I don't really have pigmentation/ sun spots but I do have acne scars. I don't think the FTE really makes a difference to my scars as they are quite bad and would require laser treatments. However, I've definitely noticed that my skin has been fairer and lighter after just a few days of use. No kidding! Even my younger brother, a gamer nerd who will NEVER comment on my skin, said I looked so fair the other day. So I am guessing this will have a positive effect on pigmentation if you have any as it does have an overall lightening effect on skin.

2) Wrinkles: I don't have any deep wrinkles as I'm in my mid 20s, but I do have fine lines under my eyes. Nope, this doesn't do anything for that! Maybe in the long run?

3) Skin texture: I have no idea what a "refined" skin texture should feel like, but using the FTE makes my skin sooooo soft, fresh, and dewy, like baby's skin! It's also really refreshing to use, and I feel that it gives my skin an extra boost of moisture that really gets absorbed.

4) Firmness: I don't really have any issues with firmness so no comment.

5) Radiance: YES! As mentioned in point 1 the most obvious results I got from this product is that my skin is definitely fairer and brighter. Like some reviews I've read, there's almost this illuminating effect to your face, and it's especially obvious at night under white artificial lights. It's almost as if my skin is able to reflect light. Sounds crazy, but you have to try it for yourself to know! Also, I have yellow undertones to my skin that sometimes makes me look sallow, but I noticed that after using this my skin tone became more neutral/ whiter instead. I recently purchased a new foundation and to my surprise was matched to the "neutral" undertone shade instead of the yellow one (Dior 20 instead of 21).

In short, this works for me and does wonders for brightening my yellow toned complexion. Took 1 lippie off because so far that's the only result I am getting, it's definitely not a "miracle" or "cure all" product. I still have acne scars, large pores (oh the woes of an oily skinned girl), and fine lines, but then again I have pretty terrible skin to start with, so it may take some time. Maybe I'll do an update after I've finished the whole bottle if there are any long term effects!

on 1/16/2015 7:33:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Hmmm what is up with the hype?
I used up the whole bottle and nothing happened.
I use Clarins and Aesop toners regularly, and adding this in or subtracting it in
my daily routine made absolutely no difference to my skin.
Now I think of it, I haven't been using it
for about a year, and my skin is better...
I used it because I got it as a present, but I think many people just think it is good
and believe it is good because they want to justify spending much money on a bottle
of water.
Go see a dermatologist or a get a facial and massages, maybe you will see a difference, but absolutely not from this. Or use Aesop serums, at least they have pretty bottles to satisfy cosmetic vanity. I didn't even like having this bottle around because it is old lady looking and it does nothing. A silly product.
(bought at a department store counter)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I got this a year ago when imomoko.com had a sale on their SK-II products (their prices always deterred me from trying their stuff) and didn't expect much when using it other than to just faithfully use it every day (once a day at night, or if I was diligent in the morning too). Had read many reviews saying it's a waste to use a cotton pad to apply it, so I just shake the bottle into my hands 3-4 times for enough essence to pat into my face and neck. Maybe after about a month, I noticed a difference in that my other skincare items worked better and this along with few of my other skincare, helped reduce acne and acne scars. My face became more even and slightly glowy. After moving, I left it at my in-laws' home because I felt the heavy bottle wasn't practical to take along. It has been a few months without it, and I miss it so much! I wondered why I was breaking out so much and acne scars stayed (and of course it could be due to a # of factors for that), but I recalled even in my more stressful months, I didn't break out much at all. I can't wait to have this essence back with me!! I also bought another 215ml bottle as a backup.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I read a lot of reviews before deciding to spend so much money for this item. I have a very oily T-zone and very large pores specially on my forehead so I am on the hunt d=for something to help my pores. I have been using this product for six months now and I do not feel that it did anything special for my face. I am 39 yrs old with no wrinkles yet, I used this twice a day but after six month my pores and oily T-zone is the same. I won't be purchasing again, too expensive for the results I got.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I always apply this after i use SKII facial treatment clear lotion. This essense really works well on my acne, oily, sensitive skin. My acne reduce, my skin feel more glowing, and not dull...
But this brand very expensive T.T but what can i say??? it's totally worth it, my skin it's so much better now, redness on my cheek slowly dissapear.

If you have an oily skin and you are looking for treatment essence that can reduce your acne, this is the right product for you to use.