SKII Facial Treatment Essence

SKII Facial Treatment Essence

3.5

on 11/22/2016 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

To debrief, I have super sensitive, acne-prone, dry combo skin. What a mouthful. To be honest, I've always seen SKII being a 'holy grail' brand due to the amount of people praising their products and also because of their prices (because expensive means better, right?). So one day I decided to buy the Pitera Essence Set which included the Facial Treatment Essence 75mL, Facial Treatment Mask 1pc and the Facial Treatment Clear Lotion 30mL all for $100. Normally, you can get the Facial essence 75mL for the same price, however, this is probably a better deal, especially if this is your first time trying it.

Now for starters, this product has quite a lot of claims including that: "In just 14 days, your skin’s 5 dimensions are visibly transformed: age spots are less visible, appearance of wrinkles is reduced, skin texture is more refined, firmness is improved, and radiance is beautifully elevated. Skin becomes breathtakingly crystal clear."

However, I beg to differ. The texture of the essence and lotion is like water, however, there have been a few people online complaining about the smell of the essence. For me, I am not bothered by the smell, but there are some days where the smell is definitely more potent than others. Now onto the real review of this product.

Using this product did not disrupt my super sensitive skin, and I actually found my skin becoming 'less sensitive' (as in my skin wasn't breaking out into red patches frequently). I should also mention it did almost nothing for my acne, as my pimples were still very much on my face just as it was before i used this product.
However, within the first few days I found a noticeable difference in the texture of my skin, and the size of my blackheads and pores around my nose. However, that was it. I continued using it for the next 3 months, and my pores and blackheads reverted back to normal but the texture of my face was still smooth.
Currently, i have stopped using it and my skin seems to be doing just fine without using it. Would I recommend it? Well, if you have problems with the texture of your skin, sure! But would I buy it again? Definitely not. There are many cheaper alternatives out there on the market. In fact, I'm using one from Missha that is half the price and does the job just as well. The only good thing that I would recommend buying from the set is the Facial Treatment Mask as that really helps tighten your skin - I could literally feel the difference.

Nevertheless, this product is good for people who are having problems with the texture of their skin, however, you should keep in mind that there are many cheaper alternatives out there. It should also be noted that what might not work for me doesn't always mean that it will never work for anyone else, as everyone has different skin types and thus different products will work for them. However, if you have been dying to finally try a SK-II product, than why not give this a shot.

on 1/12/2016 11:28:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Extremely overrated and so expensive. I didn't notice a single change in my skin

on 3/11/2015 8:59:00 PM

I want to review this one . I' m sorry for grammar mistake , my english is not that good .This one made my nightmare come true !!
At first 2 weeks: it makes my skin incredibly soft but it makes my skin kinda dull
After 2 weeks : Oh myyy .. it makes my skin very rough ( whitehead all over my cheeks ) , my mom said my skin look very dull , and it makes my cheeks, nose, all over my face Red ( not a pinkish glow I usually have on my face ) . Sk ii made my skin breakout . Then I go to SK II counter , then the SA told me to stop using any other product and she told me that what happen on my face called PURGING . When I back to home , I did what the SA told me , I throw all my skin care product and only use SK II product : that time I bought many of them maybe I spend around $ 1000 . It makes me sad
After few month ( 6 month ) later : Nothing changed to better .my skin condition is getting worse and worse it made my skin very sensitive and rough . It makes my mom angry because I spend to much money on SK II product . I will never believed that my skin is only PURGING this is called Breakout ( coz i never used cream from doctor or something that can be harsh for my skin , before I use SK II I use etudehouse ) . I heard that if you got purging , it will dissappear after 1-4 months . But , it does not . Even after i used this around 6 months , the purging reaction doesnt dissapear .
Conclusion : maybe the ingridients of SK II is too much for my young skin ( Im still 15 y.o) or maybe the product itself is bad . I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS FOR THOSE WHO ALREADY HAD A GOOD SKIN CONDITION OR YOUNG SKIN ( NOT MATURE AGE ) BECAUSE IT WILL MAKE UR SKIN CONDITION IN THE WORST STATE YOU EVER FELT . Now I am using Skinfood from korea ( I already use it around 2 weeks ) cause my face breakout from using SK II . It mades my sensitive face ( i got sensitive its all thanks to SK II ) less redness , less rough . Let see a few months later what will happen ( did skinfood makes my skin condition worsen or more good ).
Notes : I will never bought this ever again. And I will give all my SK II to my aunty .

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I have only been using this for two weeks. I got my first bottle with the Christmas Pitera Starter set - it came with the 75ml of facial treatment essence which costs $99 on its own here in Australia, as well as a 30ml bottle of clear treatment lotion and a facial treatment mask (worth $28). Overall, excellent deal! I do feel that my skin is less oily now. I do my make up at 7 or 8am in the morning, and usually around 2pm in the afternoon I would redo it in the bathroom. Recently, however, I have noticed that I don't touch up as often because I don't feel the need to. My skin seems a lot less oily now. Also, my skin was having a bad break out before (not so much break out, but it was just misbehaving with a lot of little white plugs that I could not help but squeeze out, which left a lot of redness and scarring) and it has cleared up quite a bit. There are still scars and little scabs, but they're diminishing fairly quickly, if only I would stop picking on them! I do feel that even though I still have scarring and stuff, my skin DOES look better even without make up. Once my scars fade, I might look into not wearing make up, or just going with a light dusting of powder. I bought a second bottle at David Jones just yesterday because they still have their Christmas Pitera bottle of 215ml (that was selling for $225) on clearance for $200! With it, the sales assistant also gifted me a travel set that included a 30ml facial treatment essence, 30ml clear lotion, 20g gentle facial cleanser, 30ml stempower cream and another face mask. I kind of wish I didn't buy the first bottle now because the second time I got a much better deal!

At first when I started to use it, I see no difference in my skin. I've used it for around a week or so? I know it wouldn't have any effect that is obvious when I've only used it for a week. But normally, when my period is about to come, I'll get horrible big red pimples and acne on my face. However, after using this, I DON'T SEE ANY ACNE NOR PIMPLE COMING OUT. which makes me believe if I use it for a longer period, it will do wonders to my face.

on 9/29/2013 4:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I don't like this product at all. It works great for my mother skin but not on me. I feel nothing right after i use this product according to this name it's not miracle. It does dry up my face, and you know what it's so pricey with a product that does nothing on my face.
Maybe it's work for a lot of people but not with me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

this is something I'll never be able to live without,literally.It is kind of an all-purpose product that deals with everything,blackheads,wrinkles,and offers everything,brightening effect,healing power,anti-aging,anti-breakouts...I don't know for others, but for me, it keeps my skin at peace, and that's is so much I can ask for on a bottle of treatment essence.so I'll keep using it despite the high price tag.

on 7/8/2012 3:33:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This stuff is great! I use about five drops per application and finds that it covers my entire face. Since I've started using this, my acne has decreased considerably, and I've gotten compliments on how dewy and clear my skin looks (although I still get the occasional pimple here and there)! One 250 mL bottle can last me over half a year, so though the product seems pricey, it's completely worth it! My SA advised me to either apply this using a cotton pad or using my palms. Personally, I prefer using my palms: I put the five drops on my palm and pat my hands together lightly. Then, I press my wet palms onto my skin. I find this works better than using the pad because the cotton absorbs so much of this product that less goes on my skin and therefore, I get less of FTE benefits! Will definitely repurchase!

I don't really need this product. I only used it because my mom used SK II products. This doesn't irritate my really sensitive skin and leaves it feeling soft and smooth. This is too expensive for me to purchase, and I'm sure I can find a product that works similarly for a fraction of the price :D

on 9/8/2011 9:33:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product broke me out HORRIBLY, I have sensitive skin and the sales women promised me that it would be ok for my skin. The first day I used it, it was ok...but by the third day, I broke out on my cheeks and could not continue to use it as it started to itch. I gave it to my mom and hope she gets use out of it or it will be money going down the drain..