Olay Night of Olay Firming Cream

Olay Night of Olay Firming Cream

Water, Glycerin, cetyl alcohol, cetyl palmitate, cyclomethicone, stearyl alcohol, isopropyl palmitate, Dimethicone, carbomer, PEG-100 stearate, stearic acid, sodium hydroxide, Dimethicone copolyol, DMDM hydantoin, idopropynyl butylcarbamate, EDTA, fragrance, FD&C red no 4, Titanium Dioxide.

on 10/6/2017 3:52:00 PM

This is a staple in my beauty routine. Mosturizes good without irritating my skin or leaving it greasy. Some people complain about the smell but it isn't that strong and it's the classic Olay sent. For $5, I don't even care about the sent, it does the job and that's all that matters.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse

I just bought my second jar of this, and I'm not sure I've ever bought more than one of any night skin moisturizer in my life, except maybe Vaseline. The older I get, the more I choose simple products that moisturize and nourish my skin without ingredients that reduce aging, fade spots, smooth wrinkles, etc. because they irritate my skin. This cream is the original Olay pink and has the original Olay fragrance from when they made only a couple of products. I apply at night after cleansing and I wake with fresh skin that isn't oily or dry or red. That's huge for me. It's a simple product that produces great results for me. Can't ask for more than that.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This is by far my favorite Olay product I've tried. In fact, I love it so much I've been using it during the day too! First of all, the packaging is adorable (I know, Paula's choice fiends will disagree because of the jar but oh well) and has a vintage quality to it. Second, this feels absolutely amazing on my skin. Not greasy whatsoever and makes my skin so unbelievably soft and smooth. Plus it dries to a pretty matte finish so it's not all over your pillow or causing your makeup to slide around. And you can't beat the price! Only about 6 dollars for a 2 oz jar. My new favorite thing is to slather layers of this on my face before bed and when I wake up, my skin is glowing, healthy, and super soft. No breakouts on my acne prone combo skin either. I think I finally understand the Olay devotion. I don't plan on using anything else for a while!

I have used this for 40 years and I love it ! I love the smell of it....but I am an old girl. I use a serum for wrinkles and clarity but I still feel the need to moisturise at night. This is great:) Not too heavy. Although when I met my husband 34 years ago he told me this cream reminded him of his grandmother! He actually meant it as a compliment:) So I do concede it smells like "old lady" Fortunately I love the smell:)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

This is nothing special. I thought it made my face feel dry. The scent is strong - like baby powder. I wish it still came in the black glass jar like it used to, with ladies face embossed in the top of the cap to the jar. The product was bad but the jar looked nice on your dressing table. lol I used for a week and gave up on it. I applied the rest of the jar on my hands - made the backs of my hands look smoother. After a few hours they looked dry and crepey again. Don't waste your time or money on this. I have never been happy with any of the Olay products I have tried. Even the more expensive ones. I figure if I am going to spend $20 - $30 on a drugstore moisturizer I may as well go to Macy's, Nordstrom or Sephora and get something from the higher end of the spectrum.

on 2/25/2017 11:28:00 PM

This product smells like baby diapers to me. I definitely will not buy it again. Other people say its a floral smell or baby powder, but when I opened the jar it was unmistakably disposable diaper scent. It is very off putting.

on 6/26/2015 7:24:00 PM

I was short on cash and bought this in the dollar store for $6.00. i like it alot. its very emollient but sinks in and is not at all greasy. i love the original olay scent and this is the same.in the morning my skin is soft . I've used many products from expensive to cheap and at this point no longer believe all the hype of most.. most aging I'm convinced is based on genetics, just like most other things...... some are luckier than others. i will buy this again .

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Over the past couple of years, my skin has been changing, and my old trusty Oil Of Olay Complete (the 'yellow bottle' as I call it), just was not working for me anymore.So I have been on a mad search for the last couple of years or so for something that did some 'magic'--making my skin moisturized and 'feel good'. Is that too much to ask..?

This was not it. I had high hopes for this based on the reviews. This just did not work well for me.

First off, there is the smell. Granted I have sensitive skin and a sensitive nose, but I have used many other Olay products with no irritation or bothering my nose. I am not sure what or how to describe the scent, I definitely detect like a baby powder scent about this and..maybe rose or floral..? (I do not like rose or most floral scents, so that could bear why I do not care for this scent). whatever the scent, it does not appeal to me and actually bothers my nose, making my nose itchy. And for me, the scent is pretty strong and 'stays' with me.

Even with the unpleasant scent, I would be okay to use this if it worked better for me than it does. I got a slight firming the very first night I tried this, but nothing the other nights afterward. also I do not find this very moisturizing nor hydrating. My skin is not very dry at all, in fact it is pretty "normal," and I did not detect any moisturizing with this (my cheeks can feel a tad dry, but nothing that screams 'moisturizer, please!!'). I will say that it seems to absorb just fine and does not feel oily or greasy for me. So that is a plus. But all in all, not a "wow"product for me, and the scent is just too off-putting for me.

I have been using the Oil of Olay Active Hydrating (I call it the 'pink bottle') and have been having luck with it, so I am not totally opposed to Olay products. In fact, I have used and tried and enjoyed several Olay products over the years. This one just was a fail for me.

But again, I am not opposed to Olay products, this one just did not work out for me. I am glad for those that this does work well for, because the price can't be beat! This is currently roughly $5.97 at the big box stores (ie: Walmart and Target), so if this works for you, that is awesome!! But, something that does not work for someone is not a 'bargain'..and this just does not work for me.

One final note: this is a light pink shade, and I just do not understand why it has to be pink. I guess they do it to be 'pretty' or cute..but to me, I want plain white lotions and creams, no colors needed. But that is just a personal preference, I guess, and did not merit into my rating. Just still wanted to mention it. :)

on 6/19/2015 9:28:00 PM

I have used this for about a month now,it's a pretty good basic night cream. I bought it just for the moisture aspect and it does that,I didn't notice any firming.You only need a little of this,if I put too much I'll be too greasy. The fragrance is a turn off for me,to be honest it smells like an old lady perfume in my opinion.Some Olay products I really like but this one isn't that great.

on 3/30/2016 4:28:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This is a great drug store night moisturizer. I have not tried olay's regenerist line because their basic line is great and a lot cheaper. This night cream smells the same as their regular beauty cream. It is thicker than the regular cream. It is not greasy at all. I have however, tried the generic versions and they ARE greasy so definitely get the olay brand. I used the olay night cream for awhile, and one night I was lazy and did not take my makeup off. I figured since I didn't wash my face, there was no reason to use my night cream. The next day when I woke up, I could tell a difference. My face felt dry and had that tight feeling. This cream has that refreshing feeling that the regular cream has. I will definitely repurchase.