La Mer The Eye Concentrate

La Mer The Eye Concentrate
The Eye ConcentrateThe Eye Concentrate

3.3

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Yeast Extract, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Polysilicone-11, Sea Salt (Maris Sal), Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Helichrysum Arenarium (Everlasting) Extract, Algae Extract, Gelidium Cartilagineum Extract, Tourmaline, Polygonum Fagopyrum Seed Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Hematite, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Isomerized Linoleic Acid, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Whey Protein, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Linoleic Acid, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St Pauls Wort) Extract, Artemia Extract, Butylene Glycol, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Biotin, Acetyl Carnitine Hcl, Acetyl Glucosamine, Steareth-20, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Nylon-12, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Isononyl Isononanoate, Sea Whip Extract, Sodium Citrate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Phytosphingosine, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol Dioctanoate, Sucrose, Glycosaminoglycans, Dipeptide-2, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isododecane, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Alumina, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 9/9/2018 9:28:00 PM

I was cursed with insanely dark under eye circles. For years I wondered if this cream would be the answer to my worries but couldn't justify spending so much. When I finally did, I was really disappointed. Yes, it is very moisturizing and wears great under makeup, but a lot of eye creams do that. I have been using this cream for about 3 months day and night and have noticed absolutely no difference in my dark circles. It smells great and the metal applicator helps to de-puff, but if you're thinking about spending $200 in hopes of lightening your dark eye circles, save your money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

For the price I was expecting amazing results however it was just an average eye cream. The consistency was too light for my dry skin. I don't have fine lines yet so I can't speak for its efficacy on repairing wrinkles. However even after using it every night for 3 months I didn't see a difference in the appearance of my dark circles. I will not repurchasing this in the future.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I found this to be much lighter than expected - which is a good thing as I'm not too fond of heavy eye creams. I loved the sensation of applying with the applicator each morning as it felt cooling (especially if left in the refrigerator for a few minutes prior). The ingredients list reads like a who's who of the botanical world, plus the odd unusual addition. Did I notice any difference during my time of applying this? Not really. There was a definite increase in hydration but not much in terms of brightening or fine lines. I liked this as an adequate-to-good eye cream but probably not something I would go out and purchase.

(note: I used this product April-June 2016)

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 2/17/2018 4:33:00 PM

Chanel Sublimage Eye Cream is way better.

on 2/17/2018 12:59:00 PM

i just love la mer products they are my absolute favorite products hands down i just love how they make my skin feel when applying them on the stick u get when u apply the eye cream just feels lovely when applying it to your eyes it just glides on this is one of my favourite creams i cant say enough about this brand anither obe of my favourites

on 11/14/2017 7:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I got a deluxe sample of this, which is a mini pot that lasted four months since a little goes a long way. It’s a thick, rich cream that doesn’t budge in the pot, even when it’s turned upside down. This was surprisingly not heavy on my oily lids; it absorbs completely in about two minutes. I’ve only used it at night so I don’t know how it performs under makeup. This didn’t irritate my skin or cause any cystic zits in my eye area, which other rich eye creams have done in the past. As for effects: I didn’t notice any big difference between this and Olay Eye Lifting Serum. This eye balm is very moisturizing, seems to brighten the eye area, and I haven’t noticed any new lines, but it hasn’t performed any miracles, nor did I expect it to. Olay’s does all the same things and it’s a fraction of the cost, so I won’t buy a full size of La Mer’s Eye Concentrate.

on 10/1/2017 6:31:00 PM

Dry under eye area, wrinkles have been my major issue in skin care. No matter i have oily skin my under eye area remains dry. All i can say this is one of the best eye creams/serums i have tried. Yes it is expensivw but you need a tiny bit and it will last you around 6-7 month. Eye creams and serums are the products worth to invest. And this little baby for sure is must have if you are over 30-35!!

on 7/24/2017 9:27:00 AM

This is a lovely basic eye cream and for someone with combination oily skin I think it`s just perfect because it hydrates the under eye area without being heavy or creating millia. I love the fresh smell, the silver tipped applicator with which I massage my eyes, and the way it makes my skin look. Not bad, but the price is absurd. I mean, I expect miracles for that price and I don`t really see them here. It is comparable to SKII Eye Treatment, which is half the price of this. I would repurchase, but not at this price. My Sysleia eye cream is better in terms of results so I feel I can justify spending my cash on that one more.

on 3/11/2017 12:17:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I started using this ream few days ago. It moisturises well my eye area but the dark circles are still there if I don't sleep enough.

on 8/24/2016 6:32:00 PM

I love the texture of this product although I wish it had a tiny bit more "body" that would make it put (and stay) around the eye area easier.

It contains a very good array of actives along with the concentrated "Miracle Broth". Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment might even be as high as 1% which would be an impressive amount considering that the formula does not contain water and production costs will already be higher than that of a corresponding product that is based on water.

Although I did not see much (if any) improvement around the eyes after using it for 6 months, I can clearly see a visible difference (albeit temporary) after application, the light-reflecting powders do make the eye area look brighter. It will of course wear-off latest after the removal of the eye creme. It provides a very subtle and elegant "veil of light" after application. Obviously it will not be worth the outrageous price this item is selling for.

Comparing it to the LM The Eye Balm, The Eye Concentrate is considerably lighter and will not leave a perceptible residue on the skin. The Eye Balm might be a better choice for somebody with very dry skin and in a colder climate though. I did use The Eye Concentrate in the Nordic winter (snow-blasts, wind and way bellow 0C for months) and it provided adequate hydration. Although, ideally it should have been a bit thicker being able to leave a more protective layer, hence providing better hydration too.
As summer goes, this is definitely a winner!