La Mer The Eye Concentrate

La Mer The Eye Concentrate
The Eye ConcentrateThe Eye Concentrate

3.3

Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Yeast Extract, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Polysilicone-11, Sea Salt (Maris Sal), Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Helichrysum Arenarium (Everlasting) Extract, Algae Extract, Gelidium Cartilagineum Extract, Tourmaline, Polygonum Fagopyrum Seed Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin, Hematite, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Isomerized Linoleic Acid, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Whey Protein, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Linoleic Acid, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St Pauls Wort) Extract, Artemia Extract, Butylene Glycol, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Biotin, Acetyl Carnitine Hcl, Acetyl Glucosamine, Steareth-20, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Nylon-12, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Isononyl Isononanoate, Sea Whip Extract, Sodium Citrate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Phytosphingosine, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol Dioctanoate, Sucrose, Glycosaminoglycans, Dipeptide-2, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isododecane, Peg/Ppg-18/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Alumina, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

on 8/24/2016 6:32:00 PM

I love the texture of this product although I wish it had a tiny bit more "body" that would make it put (and stay) around the eye area easier.

It contains a very good array of actives along with the concentrated "Miracle Broth". Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment might even be as high as 1% which would be an impressive amount considering that the formula does not contain water and production costs will already be higher than that of a corresponding product that is based on water.

Although I did not see much (if any) improvement around the eyes after using it for 6 months, I can clearly see a visible difference (albeit temporary) after application, the light-reflecting powders do make the eye area look brighter. It will of course wear-off latest after the removal of the eye creme. It provides a very subtle and elegant "veil of light" after application. Obviously it will not be worth the outrageous price this item is selling for.

Comparing it to the LM The Eye Balm, The Eye Concentrate is considerably lighter and will not leave a perceptible residue on the skin as The Eye Concentrate does. The Eye Balm might be a better choice for somebody with very dry skin and in a colder climate though. I did use The Eye Concentrate in the Nordic winter (snow-blasts, wind and way bellow 0C for months) and it provided adequate hydration. Although, ideally it should have been a bit thicker being able to leave a more protective layer, hence providing better hydration too.
As summer goes, this is definitely a winner!

Ingredients: Seaweed (Algae) Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Glycerin, Yeast Extract, Dimethicone, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Saccharomyces/Xylinum Black Tea Ferment, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Caprylic/Capric/Myristic/Stearic Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Vegetable Oil, Polysilicone-11, Sea Salt (Maris Sal), Saccharomyces/Copper Ferment, Helichrysum Arenarium (Everlasting) Extract, Algae Extract, Gelidium Cartilagineum Extract, Tourmaline, Polygonum Fagopyrum Seed Extract, Saccharomyces Lysate Extract, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus (Eucalyptus) Leaf Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed, Medicago Sativa (Alfalfa) Seed Powder, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seedcake, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopheryl Succinate, Niacin,, Hematite, Corallina Officinalis Extract, Isomerized Linoleic Acid, Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7, Acetyl Hexapeptide-8, Whey Protein, Hesperidin Methyl Chalcone, Linoleic Acid, Caffeine, Cholesterol, Tetraacetylphytosphingosine, Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Paul's Wort) Extract, Artemia Extract, Butylene Glycol, Crithmum Maritimum Extract, Biotin, Acetyl Carnitine HCL, Acetyl Glucosamine, Steareth-20, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Nylon-12, Avena Sativa (Oat) Kernel Extract, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Seed Extract, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Protein, Isononyl Isononanoate, Sea Whip Extract, Sodium Citrate, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, Phytosphingosine, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylene Glycol Dioctanoate, Sucrose, Glycosaminoglycans, Dipeptide-2, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Isododecane, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Silica, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Alumina, Fragrance, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Titanium Dioxide, Mica

Useless. Thankfully I got some samples from the department store but, this is a waste and a hype. Perhaps it is dependent on ones eyes, but this had no effect whatsoever. Expensive...

To Read all 130 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I can't believe this. I've used this eye cream for 24 hours and my dark circles have literally gone. Just gone. Unbelievable. I can't even tell out of the pot that I've used any either! Can see this lasting ages.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I'm about halfway through this full size jar but I haven't really noticed a difference in my under-eye area. My problems are fine lines and dark circles caused by allergies. I use this cream every day and it feels nice and doesn't bother my sensitive skin, but other than that I can't boast of any improvements. It wears well under makeup, which is always a plus. I won't be repurchasing because I want results if I'm going to pay nearly $200 for an eye cream.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Highly disappointed. I saw no results and it gave me milia which are the tiny bumps under the eye which I've been trying to get rid of ever since (almost impossible). Like the reviewer below, I'll be going back to my trusty Sisleya.

on 1/3/2016 9:08:00 PM

Super disappointing. Super. I love trying new products but this was just dumb. Smells cucumbery fresh and looks gorgeous in my bathroom ... So I tried it out! But does NOTHING. Repeat. Nothing. I will never buy it again and back to Sisleya Eye Cream which was so much more effective and gave me clear results. To me this is a marketing gimmick and I wish someone had warned me. Now I will warn you.

on 11/17/2015 12:40:00 PM

I liked this product but I felt like I saw better results from my estee lauder eye cream at a cheaper price.

on 10/4/2015 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I have dark circles like bruises under my eyes. The first few times, I didn't see any difference so I stopped. Then the La Roche Posay I switched to dried my skin out so back to La Mer. This time, I stuck to it, and now, halfway through, I do see a difference within a few days if I don't use it. Darkness is much lighter though it doesn't do anything for the bags or wrinkles. And I must be patient and use the metal ball otherwise I feel it didn't do its magic. But at the price and the time consuming circling and patting, I'm looking for something else.

on 5/11/2015 7:53:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

This creme has a lovely texture and smells cucumbery fresh. I wanted to try and be rid of dark circles. I am 43 and fair skinned east indian. This did not deliver. It was moisturising and not too heavy or greasy, but for the price I think Im going to keep searching. Too bad.

on 1/30/2015 12:04:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I have serious allergy problems so eye creams are always a disaster. very few pass the test. Dior is one and CDLM is another. I use it in the evening, it's a little rich for the morning. I love the metal ball routine, great idea and it seems to work. I have a few five lines and a little saggy in the evening but this actually seems to work! Consider I turned 50 2 weeks ago so not bad at all. very very pricy but overall very good.