Wella Reconstructor

No Image

4.2

on 6/19/2005 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This product is basically salt and alcohol, I think it shocked my hair or something - so at first it looked great, but the second application I immediately saw my hair drying out. I do not recommend this AT ALL.

I saw the reviews here, and decided to shell out the cash. I applied this to wet hair, it seems to get a wee bit foamy. My hair did take longer to blow dry- which another poster mentioned.
After drying my hair looked so healthy. And that says a lot, because I bleach my hair from light brown to blonde, then highlight it, also! My hair is thin and fine, and this added body, which is a good thing for me! Also, I noticed my split ends were gone! Pretty close to a miracle in a bottle!

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is the most drying thing I have ever used. Even my stylist says it's nothing but salt and alcohol. Yowza...

on 8/17/2004 1:38:00 AM

i love this leave in treatment. it smells amazing, and doesnt leave hair greasy or oily at all. i apply it to my hair right after the shower when it is still wet then either go to bed, or blow dry if i wash my hair in the morning. it makes my hair very shiny and it does make it stronger over time.i like to use it in the summer because its nice and light, although i stick with something richer during the winter, like redken antisnap. i ahve already rebought this leave in twice, and will continue to.:)

on 7/4/2004 4:23:00 AM

I am not quite sure if to give this product 4 or 5 points.
I have been having his bottle now for at least 2 years in my bathroom.
I don't use it regularly. When I bought this a long time ago I really thought that it did nothing to my hair but drying it. To this time I had not taught myself about haircare enough to know that protein-treatments would not work immediately or rather that the effects are not visible instantly.

Everytime I use this product my hair has much more volume which I really like BUT it loks a bit drier, too.But the point is, my hair loks better when washing it the next time. It also feels stronger then. For a long time I thought it was coinicindece but now I am sure that it is because of this.Unfort. I have never tried this product in regular use to see what it does then.

Although I am REALLY a very critical person concearning hair-care I think this product deserves 5points (the ingredients are so good , too). It is great to conjure up volume. AND it makes hair stronger in the long run.
But I will go on testing it and update then again.
EDIT: My product looks a bit different than the product which you comment on here. Hopefully they are the same. Mine is a mousse (lather) and its called "Hairbuilder". But the discription is almost the same.
I correct myself and give it 4 points,. It just makes my hair look too dry when using it.

This is my all time favorite "hair-rescue" product! I have seen this bring over-processed hair back to health time and time again.
The key to using this product is knowing that it is a leave-in treatment, not conditioner. You won't see any immediate results b/c it doesn't make your hair silky like shine serums do. But trust me on this....it does repair damaged hair!
My hair has been black, blonde & red all within the last 2 months, and the only reason it's still on my head is because of this product! I have been using this consistently for the past 4 weeks and the difference this has made in my hair is amazing! The ends no longer feel like mush! My hair is feeling like real hair again. People are shocked when I tell them that 2 months ago I had black hair, then bleached it 3 times to be a blonde, then changed my mind and went red! One of the first things that people say when I tell them that is "but your hair doesn't look fried at all!"
It's also heat activated, so if you're not using a hairdryer on your hair with this product, you're wasting it. With the aid of the hairdryer the Liquid Hair Keratins bond to your hair, giving it strength.
I spray it into damp hair, and style as usual with the hairdryer & other styling aids.
All I can say is to use it consistently for at least 3-4 weeks. This stuff really works!

on 2/27/2004 10:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I've been using this regularly for about 2 years.I get compliments all the time on how shiny my hair is(although since I have virgin hair it's not particularly damaged).After I shampoo and towel dry I spray this on the bottom half of my hair( just a little-i don't saturate it)blot my hair dry again and comb through.It's perfect!

on 7/25/2003 8:50:00 PM

i found this after a professional highlighting job wrecked my hair, leaving it brittle and dry. i had tried several things but nothing helped like this. it made my hair feel softer and look much healthier without weighing it down. although the bottle says to blowdry hair, i often use it without and feel it works just the same.

on 4/29/2003 2:30:00 AM

This is one product that I have and will continue to re-purchase over and over. I stumbled upon this 3-4 years ago when I went through an extremely stressful period and began losing gobfuls of hair. My hair looked dead and very thin. I found that this product really helped to make my hair feel softer and look healthier. It is not oily or heavy and has a pleasant odor and is easy to use (spray it on wet hair before styling). Nowadays I buy 2 or 3 bottles at a time and use it everyday everytime I wash my hair.

on 4/23/2003 2:13:00 AM

This is really great stuff. It can be a little drying. After using shampoo and conditioner I towel dry my hair, then I work Kiehl's silk groom thru for moisture, spray this generously (I seriously saturate my hair with this!), and follow with gloss drops to counteract the drying effect. I only use it every 3 shampoos or so. It really makes a difference in my hair, it feels so much healthier and stronger; it has *tons* of volume, shine and body. It doesn't weigh my hair down or leave it feeling built up or sticky. This alone won't bring your fried hair back to normal but incorporated with other good products it will really help!