Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

Filtered by skin tone : Medium Brown
Aphogee  Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)
The before(L)/after (R) of hair after AphogheeTwo-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

4.8

Hydrolyzed Collagen, Water (Aqua), Citric Acid, Dimethylol Urea, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylene Urea, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Phytantriol, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Magnesium Carbonate, Diethylene Glycol, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, DMDM Hydantoin, Linalool.

on 3/30/2017 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I used this product before, great stuff

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am African American with naturally curly hair. I straightened my hair one time with a babyliss straightener and after a wash my hair will not return to it's curly texture. It was literally spaghetti straight, thin, brittle, and damaged after my shower. I read many many reviews about this product as Well as many other products and decided to give this a try. The product did not restore my hair back to it's natural curl but it did give it some volume and a little bit of a wave. I definitely received the moisture my hair needs to grow. If you have heated damaged hair, my advice to you is NOT to start with a big chop, start with this product. It may not give the results you want, but it does help. Also if this doesnt work for you, try k-pak reconstructor. The first time I damaged my hair due to heat 7 years ago, that product worked WONDERS.

on 11/19/2014 1:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Works great. I have been using it over 10 years. I am black with 4a hair. I used it when I had relaxed hair and natural hair. Most protein treatments make my hair too hard. Not this down side is its sticky and smells bad

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

I have used this product 2 or 3 times on my relaxed hair and it has helped a lot in reducing my hair shedding. It has made my hair stronger therefore it's getting longer. I buy the duo in the package size and Sally Beauty Supply, it's only about $3 and does serious work on your hair after repeated monthly use. A must have for chemically treated hair.

on 4/7/2013 5:51:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Lately I've only been using this right before I get my sew-in. I love how to reconstructs the hair for up to 6 weeks afterwards. Which is just 2 weeks short of the typical length of time I keep my weave in. I haven't tried using this when wearing my hair on its own but will do it soon and post an update.
I definitely recommend putting the formula in a spray bottle, having wet paper towels or washcloths ready to wipe down your neck and wearing clothes you don't particularly care about. Because this stuff will make a mess. It drips and is really sticky.
Follow the instructions thoroughly. I know people who wanted to do things their way and use their own conditioner instead of the Balancing Moisturizer that you're supposed to use. Then they complain that the treatment made their hair really dry and straw like. Use the Balancing Moisturizer right after. Rinse it out and if you want use your regular conditioner after that.
The smell is another story. Its not great but not so horrible that I wouldn't use it. For such a potent treatment you shouldn't expect it to smell like flowers.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

This is a great product that I use once a month as a protein treatment. I hate doing two steps so I mix this product in a separate container with Jessicurl deep conditioning treatment and my hair is left transformed- my natural 4c hair pops with curls, is detangled and luscious.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

My hair was going through an awful time and my hairdresser used this to stop the breaking. That was 3 years ago, and I've been a fan of the product line ever since. Protein treatments are tricky and on hair that is already dry, it can be a death-nail if not used correctly. Having relaxed, color-treated hair which already makes my hair dry, this is not a product I would use at home. However, Aphogee's 2-step protein treatment was my introduction to the Aphogee brand. Since, I have found other wonderful styling products within the rest of the product line that I use at home. I hear Aphogee has been around for ages, however, I had never heard of it until I really needed the help this 2-step protein treatment provided. I'm a fan!

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Another staple I have used since I first relaxed my hair. I use this every three months to strengthen and soften my hair. It has always given me great, shiny hair. To reap the benefits of it I wash my hair with a clarifying shampoo and then apply this all lover my hair, roots, soak my hair with it. Then get underneath the dryer and wait 30-40 minutes until it hardens. Then I follow it up with ORS Replenishing Conditioner and leave that on for about 5 minutes. Detangle with the conditioner in my hair. And then follow with my silk elements leave in. Rollers galore. Almost two hours underneath the dryer. And voila! A week of gorgeous, silky and thick hair with mirror shine to boot. This product works for a great deal of hair types, wether it be curly, wavy, kinky, or straight. I've seen the results with my patchwork family. Great hair everywhere. I like to buy the big one because I've found it is cheaper per use than the smaller, Emergencee sized bottle. And it costs a lot less than the Nexxus treatment. I think the best place to get it is at Sally's. it costs about 20, but with the 15% or 20% coupons you can get it between $16 and $17 bucks. And the sometimes have the $2 off coupons too. That's when i stock up.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

AWESOME product, but I don't use the second step moisturizer; instead I use a different deep conditioner that has a lot more moisture because I feel like the second step aphogee one isn't the best. Also, this hasn't happened to me, but be careful of protein overload. You NEED a good moisturizing treatment after this; it's not an option. Otherwise, your hair could break off and lose its elasticity.

If you're not willing to shell out the cash for the bottle before you try it then get the packets.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I bought this product after loosing hair from overprocessing...I must say I wish i knew about this product before, It totally turned my hair around, and makes it more manageble. It also locks in my color and keeps my hair safe from the damge of relaxer. So glad I found it, now i use the whole line.