Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Aphogee  Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)
The before(L)/after (R) of hair after AphogheeTwo-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

4.1

Hydrolyzed Collagen, Water (Aqua), Citric Acid, Dimethylol Urea, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylene Urea, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Phytantriol, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Magnesium Carbonate, Diethylene Glycol, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, DMDM Hydantoin, Linalool.

on 12/15/2017 8:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

This is not for afro textured hair. It will jack your hair up. You have been warned.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Now let me get into the nitty gritty of this product. First let me start off by saying this product is A1. I'm a naturalista my hair type is maybe 4b/c however its soft and on the finer side. Now sometime last year my hair begun to feel too soft and way too limp for my liking so like I always do I hit the net and do some research. Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment stood out. So of course i researched it some more and the dramatic feedback made me a bit hesitant to buy it. Anyhoooo went to my local drugstore saw it bite the bullet and bought it. When i got home i said a quick prayer(to protect my hair lol) read the instructions thoroughly(i think like 4 times) i had to get it right then start the process. Btw it comes with the protein treatment and the balancing moisturizing conditioner(try and get both)

The Process
So first i shampoo my hair and towel dry. Now comes the protein treatment. Now i must tell you like what most says IT STINKS!!!! But bearable. After applying it i comb through my hair so its evenly distributed after that you can either use a hooded dryer or the other one. Since i have the other one i'll put it ob high and dry my hair with the protein treatment still in it. Here comes the dramatic part, ur hair tends to get so hard however dont comb, brush or agitate it so much(i dnt know what will happen, just dont). After drying your hair for abt 3 minutes its safe to wash it out. When doing so wet hair with preferbly warm water. After most of the protein is out and hair becomes soft. Continue running water on it until protein is completly gone. TRUST ME wgen i say this you'll feel a complete difference in your hair its as if it got stronger.

After washing out the protein towel dry your hair then apply balancing moisturizer(this smells pretty decent far from overbearing as step 1) so basically this is used to restore the moisture in your hair(its so dope) plan on using it even after step 1 finishes. But for real tho cop this product plus its affordable all you gotta do is read the instructions and this review and it'll be successful. I advise doing this couple weeks before installing braids weave or any othet protective style

Reference to bleach/colored hair
So i recently bleach and color my hair and i wanted to try aphogee again but i was abit nervous since i didnt want it affecting the color. Did it earlier today and again worked like a charm. And jay is a happy camper

Ignore the tlks abt the smell or the process or any other negative review and get this badss. You wont regret it

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

I've been using this product on and off for years! I have relaxed hair that recently succumbed to heat damage, so after cutting off 4 inches or so of hair I decided to put the 2 step treatment back into my hair regimen. I use it once a month to keep my hair strong and in tip top shape. I highly recommend this to women with thin, porous hair who are constantly using heat or chemicals to style or treat their hair. It really makes a difference. Just follow the directions, don't freak out when your hair gets hard from the treatment, be patient when rinsing it out, and sit under the dryer for a good 10 minutes to deep condition with the conditioner pack. Style as you usually would and you're set!

on 3/26/2012 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

This works. It really does work for damaged hair...at least it works for my african american transitioning hair. I'm currently growing out my relaxer and my hair has been breaking off and I have been losing strands everytime I wash and comb it. Even if I just run my fingers through my hair, I inevitably lose hair. Well after one of these treatments, boy did I notice a change in my hair!

It did not stop the breakage completely, but I would say it stopped about 80% of it. I will definitely be doing this treatment every 6-8 weeks faithfully from now on. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 is because it smells horrible and it is extremely messy and runny. But it will turn your hair around.

Now I'm kicking myself because I endured a year worth of breakage for nothing!!!

on 11/16/2011 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

I had completely forgotten about this product until I was reviewing MUA for information on another item. I have used this in the past after having a disastrous relaxer applied by a "professional" who then suggested some HIGHLIGHTS!!!!

Needless to say...my hair broke off in clumps. I was so very upset and angry that I didn't even bother going back. I went to Sally's looking for some kind of moisturizer and the lady there suggested I try this in a little package. My hair at the time was just below my shoulders and incredibly thick so I bought two (glad I did). While it did not stop me from having to cut my hair to get rid of the damaged areas...I was able to do it over time instead of having to get a crew cut. I now use the 2 minute reconstructor the week before my relaxer and on the day of my relaxer with very good results. Aphogee restorative treatments saved my hair!

on 10/28/2011 10:18:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Aphogee should be in every chemically enhanced girl's hair arsenal. I have tightly curled, texturized hair and this . The smell is rank; I can't quite pinpoint what it reminds me of but I will say it is vaguely fishy and is reminiscent of foul B.O. Luckily the smell doesn't linger especially since you have to follow it up with another conditioner (for moisture). Nevertheless it has become a staple of mine because it REALLY strengthens my hair.

I generally leave it on for 30 minutes and either go under a hooded dryer or blow dry with a hand dryer until it is rock hard. Then I rinse and follow up with a good moisturizing conditioner (my hair does NOT like the recommended follow-up Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer). Afterward you style as usual; I can attest to the fact that my hair is 100% stronger since I started using Aphogee a year ago (and I've only done about 4 treatments in that time span). Give it a try especially if your hair is relaxed, texturized, permed or color enhanced.

on 5/22/2011 6:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Other

I really felt a lot better about my hair after using this product. My hair has been shedding a lot for the last couple of months and I finally decided to do something about it. Rather than pay the salon darn near $100 for a protein treatment I shelled out the small amount of cash for a bottle of this along with the balancing moisturizer. My hair feels stronger, but it's still shedding a little bit. I went for a trim but I think I'll have a little more cut off the next time. I highly recommend this product. Please be sure to follow the directions!

on 12/25/2010 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

AMAZING!!! I have relaxed hair and I noticed some what I took as escessive shedding and my normally thick and full hair becoming weak and light. I was afraid to comb my hair I really considered choping if off for a moment, so I had my ends trimmed thinking it would help, nope same results. I sa this in Sally's and was like WTH why not? OMG! I can npt believe how much thicker, fuller and healther my hair looks and feels. I cant imagine using this more than once every other month as this product along with most of their products are full of protein. The smell didn't bother me, but it was unpleasant. I would 150% do this again and will before I relax.

Edit: it has made my hair thicker, didn't stop all my shedding though.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

It doesn't get any better than this product. I use it once every 6 weeks. Yes the smell is awful but it's worth it.

Skin: Oily, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I just used this product for the first time yesterday...and i am going to try to give my synopsis of how I used it and what it did to my hair.

MY HAIR: I have long (mid back), curly/coarse african american hair. it is natural and the only chemical treatment that i have is color (black) and I am in the process of growing it out. My hair is really thick and coarse but it is also very fragile and prone to breakage. It is also about time for a trim so my ends look a little frayed if my hair is flat ironed bone straight

THE PROCESS: i washed my hair with two different shampoos, not Aphogee. once my hair was towel dried i combed through it in 4 sections and I applied the product in 4 sections. the directions say that you should comb the product through ur hair after it is applied, i found that this did not work in my hair because the product makes the hair sticky almost. so i combed it before i applied it and then i rubbed my hair through my hands to get the product to lather so it could be distributed evenly (gently so my hair does not tangle at all). you will need a towel on your shoulders. afterwards i sat under the drier for about 45 minutes until my hair was hard...DO NOT TRY TO MOVE YOUR HAIR, IT WILL BE HARD AS A ROCK. then i rinsed it out and applied the Aphogee conditioner (with another conditioner mixed in to get rid of the smell)

AFTER STRAIGHTENING: the ends of my hair look a lot better....I really cant tell if it improved the overall health because I have a ton of hair and its in pretty good shape (or it appears that way) but i was told that it does reduce breakage and shedding so I will get you all know after a few weeks the results. but i def think anyone with hair issues should try it! its simple and easy and i think it will work!!!!

UPDATE: my hair is shedding the same as always, but I have not washed and restraightened...I will update after my next treatment (6 weeks)

ANOTHER UPDATE: It has been one month since I have used this treatment, I will be using it again in two weeks. I have noticed that there is a lot less fall out in my hair. I think I will see more prolonged and noticeable results over time. I have also trimmed my hair recently, which also improved the overall look of it. One thing I can say is that is appears to straighten a little better...or...it does not react to heat/moisture in the same way it did pre-treatment...it is very hot where I live and I can be outside all day and my hair does not get nearly as frizzy as it did prior to using this, hopefully it will continue to calm down the frizz with extended use. I will try a few more applications and re-update in a few months, i dont think one time will allow me to have a full picture :)