Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Aphogee  Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)
The before(L)/after (R) of hair after AphogheeTwo-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

4.8

Hydrolyzed Collagen, Water (Aqua), Citric Acid, Dimethylol Urea, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylene Urea, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Phytantriol, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Magnesium Carbonate, Diethylene Glycol, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, DMDM Hydantoin, Linalool.

on 8/24/2017 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Regrettably, I tried out a new stylist to upkeep the blonde bayalage/highlights I had for the past 2 years. After a mess of a hurricane, my hair was damaged, mushy, gummy, weak, and falling out in CHUNKS.

I had lost all hope and then remembered about this product that I had used years ago.

BEST THING EVER. Step 1: leave in the treatment and gently low blow dry on heat.
DO NOT AGITATE YOUR HAIR!

Step 2: Once its hardened, gently and thoroughly rinse with lukewarm water and apply the conditioner.

MAGIC! Your hair will miraculously go back to normal health! Remember, it's not magic, however, this is the best, fastest, most convenient and inexpensive way to reverse severe damage!!

ALSO: the Keratin & Green tea spray from aphogee does wonders!

on 1/21/2017 11:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Hi everyone! I recently dyed my hair black and am going to do this treatment to seal in colour. I, however, only have the treatment and moisturizer. It says on package to use ApHogee shampoo prior to treatment. I don't have any! And I would have to travel 30min to get some. Wondering if there are any comparable shampoos and or conditioners could use instead? (I have the packet two step treatment; comes with protein and conditioner).

on 9/27/2016 11:12:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

hi ladies i must said this product is awesome...i have very bleached processed hair..went from ash blonde to grey finally 😊..but due to the bleach processing my ends became very frail..and when wet was very gummy/mushy this priduct save my hair cant believe it wish i had known about iy way before now my hair would be extremely long..if yoy bleach or process your hair you need to use this your hair will thank you..trust me..oh btw my hair is fine straight indian hair..but colored grey now 😄

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

If you bleached your hair to the elastic stretchy gummy mush wad spaghetti death mess that literally falls out in clumps then you absolutely should give Aphogee protein treatments a try. I wish I had known about it so long ago, I would have been able to save my long hair (now its almost a pixie and still can't get all the damaged bits off). To be clear, my hair is still damaged because bleach is permanent and irreversible damage but after treating it with Aphogee ITS NOT GUMMY AND STRETCHY AND FALLING OUT. This is exciting if you have ever been through the trauma that is lightly/barely brushing your hand through your hair after a shower and having an entire section of your hair fall off in your hand. It's still going to take a lot of babying of hair, but having it stay intact and act as if its actually hair is a huge deal. The smell isn't even that bad! I don't necessarily like it and the moisturizer does totally smell like men's product, but if thats the price I pay to not have that weird stretchy spaghetti I don't care what it smells like. I absolutely would recommend it to anyone who has bleach damaged their hair to the mushy stage, otherwise be careful with proteins!

I thought this product deserves a review. In one word, miracle! This stuff saved the rest of my hair. And I say it like that because more then half of it was already cut off. Had I known about it sooner, I would still have long hair to my waist. But without it, my hair would be above my ears. Yes, this product is good for protein hair upkeeps. But, if your hair has turned into mush and ready to drip onto your floor, it WILL SAVE your hair. That's how bad my hair was. I used it as directed the first day. Then again the 2nd day. Already the first time my hair felt stronger. The 2nd time I could blowdry it, but at that time, the weaker hair in the front and ends were still too soft, so I applied again as directed. That did it. Any little spots, I just lightly coted over my hair as I was blow drying and left it in. After that I could round brush and flat iron my hair. My hair looks just as healthy as it was before I became a platinum blonde. My hair is past my shoulders and now can continue to grow out looking and feeling great! This stuff IS worth every penny. I will also say, I did not use any shampoo od any kind during this process and I did used the macadamia hair mask after the first 2 treatment steps.

on 5/28/2014 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

its good. but you need an extra deep conditioner for better results

on 8/23/2013 2:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

BENEFITS
- Great for all hair types. Works for chemically damanged hair, but also natural 4A hair, and relaxed AA hair too. Protein doesnt discriminate.

- Strengthens hair
- Softens hair (when followed w/ appropriate moisturizing DCs)
- Adds shine because of smooth happy hair shaft
- Stops shedding
- Stops breakage
- Prevents/protects against/binds split ends
- Looks like a fresh trim and helps to retuain length
- Makes curly curls POP!
- Protects from heat damage for frequent heat stylers
- Great value. 1 small bottle lasts for about 4 applications on my very dense, textured naturally curly mid-length hair. Spreads well.

You MUST follow up with an intense MOISTURIZING deep conditioner after, preferably without silicones that will coat your hair. That can make your hair waxy blocking the potential of future humectants to enter your hair strand without using a claifying shampoo on subsequent washes.

I follow instruction steps, with some modifications:

- Use a clarifying shampoo first. I think removing any and all buildup from your hair with a clarifying shampoo first allows a clean slate for the protein to bind to the hair shaft. Then I squeeze all water out and blot dry with towel.

- Section hair into 4 sections, and loosely twist and pin before getting under a hooded dryer or hand blow drying until hard. This ensures all areas of hair are covered well. Concentrate more product on areas of damage. It can strengthen those areas but "dry out" healthy areas (e.g. roots where hair is newest, least exposed to heat and damage, and healthiest).

- Leave it on a few min after it hardens to ensure everything binds and cools and seals a bit.

- Rinse out without agitating. If there are tough spots to detangle that would require agitating, I add conditioner to help rinse. Having it in 4 sections helps during this part to.

- I use my own conditioner, its much better quality than the recommended balancing moisturizer in the kit. Also, my hair laughs at 3 minutes for a moisturizing treatment. So I leave it on much longer, and if I have time, get back under the dryer with heat. I would say 15 min. minimum with heat, 30 and a hot towel without. My favorite conditioner to use with this treatment is either Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner or Matrix Biolage Conditioning Balm. For a cheapie and those on a budget I would recommend using Tresseme Moisturizing Conditioner. It will melt all that hardness right away.

Final thoughts: Everyones hair is different and you have to figure out what works for you, know what is healthy for YOUR hair and what isnt - there are basic essentials of hair health like what causes hard hair, splits, etc. that are important to know before an intense treatment. You can't just read reviews from someone else and assume it will be the same because of age or hair type - no one has the same. We have different genese, styling practices, hair routines, product tolerance, scalp environments, etc. But this is a great staple and has very high strong reviews for a reason. Good luck!

on 12/6/2012 4:56:00 AM

This product did nothing for my hair and I wouldn't buy it again but not because it is a bad product, but because it isn't for me. Aphogee Two-Step is a heavy-duty protein treatment that (according to those who've been there) will pretty much rescue severely damaged hair that is breaking off. And by severely damaged I mean from bleaching, relaxers, perms, etc. Believe me, unless your hair is in extremely bad shape this treatment will make absolutely no difference in your hair's condition. It is inexpensive but very time-consuming. I used it twice and followed the instructions both times. Followed the treatment with a moisturizing, protein-free conditioner. And- nothing. As though I hadn't done anything at all.
If you're looking for a treatment that will strengthen your hair and deliver results you can see (and your hair is in okay shape to begin with), try Nexxus Emergencee. That's my favorite protein treatment, very effective. I had thought that Aphogee would work like Emergencee times ten, but I was mistaken. Don't waste your time with this product unless you really, really need it. If your hair is really that damaged, then Aphogee Two-Step might be just what you need. Others swear by it. But I won't be re-purchasing.

on 3/5/2012 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This product is awesome... I immediately see a difference when I treat my hair with it - I have been experimenting with different conditioner treatments and sleeping in them for "operation- healthy hair & operation hair-grow-back" and this is the foundation of all those "operation treatments" I use... My hair has the bouncing and behaving silk effect when I use this- however you have to be careful not to use it too often... I try to use it once every 2-3 months if I being disciplined...
Smell - death
Potency- intense
Results - Awesome -

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This product is one of the best treatments for over-processed/bleached/damaged/broken hair and I have used everything from drug store products to other beauty-store products. Over the years, my hair has taken a lot of abuse as I have used high-lift hair dyes, bleach, high volume peroxide and demi-permanent dyes in an attempt to make my dark brown/black hair lighter. Coupled with a poor diet, my hair was damaged and breaking off. My once thick and coarse hair was also getting visibly thinner. Whenever I ran my hands through my hair or took a shower, huge gobs of it would come out in my hand.

In an act of desperation, I decided to try Aphogee. While the process is time consuming (do not touch your hair while you have the product in!) and the product does smell pretty gross, the end result was worth it as my hair feels stronger, thicker, and breakage has been reduced! When I run my hands through my hair now, only a few strands of hair come out now rather than gobs of it. I followed the treatment up with a Garnier moisturizing hair mask and my hair feels so much better and is on its way to a full recovery. I plan to do this treatment again in another 4-6 weeks in hopes that my hair will be even stronger and healthier. If you are desperate, give Aphogee a try. If you don't have Aphogee, another short-term fix that can help is a raw egg yolk mask. Before Aphogee, I used to use raw egg yolk on my hair and leave it on for 30 minutes and it also helped restore some strength back into my hair.