Aphogee Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

Filtered by age: 19-24
Aphogee  Two-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)
The before(L)/after (R) of hair after AphogheeTwo-Step Protein Treatment (formerly Treatment for Damaged Hair)

4.4

Hydrolyzed Collagen, Water (Aqua), Citric Acid, Dimethylol Urea, Magnesium Sulfate, Ethylene Urea, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein PG-Propyl Silanetriol, Trimethylsiloxyamodimethicone, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Panthenol, Phytantriol, Tocopherol Acetate (Vitamin E), Glycerin, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Fragrance (Parfum), Magnesium Carbonate, Diethylene Glycol, Trideceth-12, C11-15 Pareth-7, C12-16 Pareth-9, DMDM Hydantoin, Linalool.

on 2/9/2018 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Aphogee is MAGIC. I was so so so so sad because I ruined my hair and curls with Loreal High Color Highlights.... but now I'm glad I did because I discovered APHOGEE. I did not know a product could work this well... I tried it after searching YouTube for hair repair. I picked it up at Sally's for a good price and my hair looks AMAZING, better than it did even before I ever died it!! Would recommend it to anyone, even if your hair is only a little dammaged. Also follow the instructions carefully.

on 8/24/2017 11:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Regrettably, I tried out a new stylist to upkeep the blonde bayalage/highlights I had for the past 2 years. After a mess of a hurricane, my hair was damaged, mushy, gummy, weak, and falling out in CHUNKS.

I had lost all hope and then remembered about this product that I had used years ago.

BEST THING EVER. Step 1: leave in the treatment and gently low blow dry on heat.
DO NOT AGITATE YOUR HAIR!

Step 2: Once its hardened, gently and thoroughly rinse with lukewarm water and apply the conditioner.

MAGIC! Your hair will miraculously go back to normal health! Remember, it's not magic, however, this is the best, fastest, most convenient and inexpensive way to reverse severe damage!!

ALSO: the Keratin & Green tea spray from aphogee does wonders!

on 6/9/2017 9:00:00 AM

I have extremely fine, blonde, naturally straight hair. After 2 bad bleaching experiences my hair got very brittle and snapped off, leaving my hair looking horrendous. I have a weave thankfully so it was well hidden. I have used every hair mask and leave in conditioner under the sun. My hair was limp and lifeless and I couldn't style it in any way. I have only used this product once, however I have noticed a difference strajght away, its much stronger. When my hair is wet it is now smooth and soft, before it was so brittle and knotted I got barely get a. brush through it, texture of my hair totally changed for the better after using this, definitley recommend.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

If you bleached your hair to the elastic stretchy gummy mush wad spaghetti death mess that literally falls out in clumps then you absolutely should give Aphogee protein treatments a try. I wish I had known about it so long ago, I would have been able to save my long hair (now its almost a pixie and still can't get all the damaged bits off). To be clear, my hair is still damaged because bleach is permanent and irreversible damage but after treating it with Aphogee ITS NOT GUMMY AND STRETCHY AND FALLING OUT. This is exciting if you have ever been through the trauma that is lightly/barely brushing your hand through your hair after a shower and having an entire section of your hair fall off in your hand. It's still going to take a lot of babying of hair, but having it stay intact and act as if its actually hair is a huge deal. The smell isn't even that bad! I don't necessarily like it and the moisturizer does totally smell like men's product, but if thats the price I pay to not have that weird stretchy spaghetti I don't care what it smells like. I absolutely would recommend it to anyone who has bleach damaged their hair to the mushy stage, otherwise be careful with proteins!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

Now let me get into the nitty gritty of this product. First let me start off by saying this product is A1. I'm a naturalista my hair type is maybe 4b/c however its soft and on the finer side. Now sometime last year my hair begun to feel too soft and way too limp for my liking so like I always do I hit the net and do some research. Aphogee 2 Step Protein Treatment stood out. So of course i researched it some more and the dramatic feedback made me a bit hesitant to buy it. Anyhoooo went to my local drugstore saw it bite the bullet and bought it. When i got home i said a quick prayer(to protect my hair lol) read the instructions thoroughly(i think like 4 times) i had to get it right then start the process. Btw it comes with the protein treatment and the balancing moisturizing conditioner(try and get both)

The Process
So first i shampoo my hair and towel dry. Now comes the protein treatment. Now i must tell you like what most says IT STINKS!!!! But bearable. After applying it i comb through my hair so its evenly distributed after that you can either use a hooded dryer or the other one. Since i have the other one i'll put it ob high and dry my hair with the protein treatment still in it. Here comes the dramatic part, ur hair tends to get so hard however dont comb, brush or agitate it so much(i dnt know what will happen, just dont). After drying your hair for abt 3 minutes its safe to wash it out. When doing so wet hair with preferbly warm water. After most of the protein is out and hair becomes soft. Continue running water on it until protein is completly gone. TRUST ME wgen i say this you'll feel a complete difference in your hair its as if it got stronger.

After washing out the protein towel dry your hair then apply balancing moisturizer(this smells pretty decent far from overbearing as step 1) so basically this is used to restore the moisture in your hair(its so dope) plan on using it even after step 1 finishes. But for real tho cop this product plus its affordable all you gotta do is read the instructions and this review and it'll be successful. I advise doing this couple weeks before installing braids weave or any othet protective style

Reference to bleach/colored hair
So i recently bleach and color my hair and i wanted to try aphogee again but i was abit nervous since i didnt want it affecting the color. Did it earlier today and again worked like a charm. And jay is a happy camper

Ignore the tlks abt the smell or the process or any other negative review and get this badss. You wont regret it

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

THIS PRODUCT: claims to repair hair by replenishing lost protein due to chemical processes. If you have longer/thicker hair [for reference, my hair is shoulder length, layered so it's not so thick] then you should buy the bottle sizes. I say that plural because you need the Balancing Moisturizer [step 2, if you will]. I opted for the 3.49 packet, perforated in the center, dividing the protein from the moisturizer (heed caution when tearing one from the other). I almost did not have enough for my hair.
OH, and the smell. I mean, people, come on. To me, it smells like syrup mixed with apple cider vinegar. I could honestly give a shit less about stench so long as my hair benefits.

MY HAIR: bleached bathed, bleached, toned, toned, colored at least 4 times AT LEAST in a two week period of time and finally, today, color stripped. i.e. DISGUSTING. you may be wondering why I am typing this review and not locked up in a mental institution :D

THE PROCESS: Right after I did Color Oops (freshly shampooed hair), I towel blotted my hair, cut open the protein and dribble drabbed it across my whole head and lengths, carefully combing through with a wide tooth comb QUICKLY. Then I started to blowdry, careful not to move my head/hair around too much. 30 min later my hair was nice and hard.
Rinsed with warm/hot water and followed up with the moisturizer [left in for 2 min and rinsed with cold water]

MY RESULTS: I would say the breakage is greatly reduced. my hair feels more like hair.but i will also say it's a very involved process and for the amount of effort, of course I wish my hair was like restored completely. Obviously thats not the case. I am happy enough just giving my hair some protein and doing something to help it rather than destroy it.
You can probably find something better/equally good less hassle. But for most this worked extremely well so maybe you'll be among the super lucky!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I am African American with naturally curly hair. I straightened my hair one time with a babyliss straightener and after a wash my hair will not return to it's curly texture. It was literally spaghetti straight, thin, brittle, and damaged after my shower. I read many many reviews about this product as Well as many other products and decided to give this a try. The product did not restore my hair back to it's natural curl but it did give it some volume and a little bit of a wave. I definitely received the moisture my hair needs to grow. If you have heated damaged hair, my advice to you is NOT to start with a big chop, start with this product. It may not give the results you want, but it does help. Also if this doesnt work for you, try k-pak reconstructor. The first time I damaged my hair due to heat 7 years ago, that product worked WONDERS.

on 3/1/2015 1:39:00 AM

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

My hair has been through hell and back with bleach. Currently, after having dyed my hair a ginger color close to my natural, I'm now bleaching everything to get it light enough to put green over. Any of y'all with curly hair may or may not have been through the horror of having bleached your hair and seeing that it's completely zapped most, if not all, of your natural curl pattern from your locks. Surprise surprise, happened to me for the second time during my lightening quest.

Admittedly, I was skeptical of this system. I'd heard the rave reviews, sure, but still skeptical. Went to Sally's the other day and decided to try it. Picked up the mini bottle of the protein stuff and full-sized conditioner (I mean honestly, one of the packets wasn't going to saturate my hair and at $3.99 per little packet, may as well just get the bottle for a bit more with more product in it.) I figured that even if it didn't work miracles, I could still use it as a protein treatment now and again.

Yada yada, my hair was washed the night before so I didn't bother shampooing it, just wet it in the sink, combed it through. Sectioned my hair off, saturated each bit with it (I didn't get it DRIPPING with product, but enough to get it all covered and good), plunked down on the bathroom floor with my laptop and a blow dryer set on warm and medium power for the next half hour, moving it slowly around my head, feeling it get all cemented and hard.

After it was all dried in and then some, hopped in the shower, let it soften under the water a bit, did the conditioner, and waited to see what results I would get. And, may I just say: holy hell.

My hair feels fantastic. Every little strand that my curl had disappeared from because of the bleach sprung back to life with their coils and curls. Hardly any hair at all coming off in my comb. Even feels a bit thicker? I'm impressed.

The smell of the yellow liquidy protein stuff isn't honestly THAT bad. I see some people describing it as the worst thing they've ever smelled in their life, but really...I've smelled far worse sniffs in my life. Yeah, it's not pleasant, but it's not strong enough or smelly enough to make me gag or anything. I'd rather take in multiple whiffs of this than breathe in the Color Oops smell.

Your hair does get pretty rock-hard, so be careful and don't agitate it. None of my hair snapped off when it got shuffled around, but be careful just in case. It's very runny and liquidy, and spread easily through my hair to get everything covered.

I'm not sure what else to say about this other than that it's amazing. I'm definitely going to be doing this every 6 weeks, and plan to splurge on the big bottle of the protein treatment when I use up the little one. My hair feels healthy, strong, and down to get the friction on (I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I had to).

I'm just really excited about this. I wasn't expecting to get my curl back until my hair grew out, so I'm surprised. I feel like I've just hit the jackpot having this in my hair care arsenal.

This stuff is seriously a miracle cure! I had just bleached my hair twice in less than a week (Not smart, I know) and the ends were feeling like mushy, rubbery noodles.. Just used the protein treatment and balancer together, and my hair feels just like it did before I bleached. Only con in my opinion is the price! Very expensive for a small amount of product, but with results like these it's well worth it to me. :-)

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had bleached my hair to the point where my hair was mushy and gummy, thinking I was going to end up bald, but luckily this saved my hair. At first I was a little hesitant just because my hair texture was just super stretchy and it was breaking off badly. Just aheads up the smell is unbearable and as you dry your hair with this product it will feel like you've used a tub of gel, but when you wash it out you'll notice the difference immediately. My hair was softer, not gummy and as I was blowing out my hair I couldn't believe my hair came back to normal