Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube

3.6

ICK. This product was too runny for me and the color came out orangeish and way too shimmery in the sunlight. It blotches up on your skin if you don't rub it in really well. So be cautious of that! Not fond of this and will not re-purchase.

on 2/17/2013 6:55:00 AM

Horrible, horrible colour when applied. I look as if I applied a carrotcake on my face, colourwise. Total fake colour. Why don't they make it transparant? Threw it in the bin right away. Nice coconutsmell though..

on 7/27/2012 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

I recently gave up tanning in beds and have been on the search for a decent self-tanner to make up for the days that I'm unable to make it to a VersaSpa. This has by far been my favorite! The color is perfect for someone with a base tan, but I would be hesitant to recommend it to those who are pale as it may turn you orange. The packaging is decent and for the price, I'm happy with the amount of product I receive. And the smell! This product seriously smells exactly like a tanning bed, which for me is a gigantic plus (I really miss tanning, okay?).

My only problem with this self-tanner is the consistency, which can be both an advantage and nuisance at times. The lotion itself is very, very, very runny. This is great for spreading it along your body and making sure you get every spot tanned. It's not great when you pour out too much at once because it won't hesitate to spill out of the package at any chance it gets. This isn't a huge issue if you're careful with applying the tanner, so just be sure to exercise caution.

And on my last note, if anyone has any issues with streaking, I've found that applying the self-tanner and rubbing a moisturizer over it before it's had the chance to dry really helps to smooth and even the color out. Love it!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Overall a decent product with one major problem - fragrance. The good: Love the tint, love the natural and healthy glow. The bad: overwhelming pina-colada fragrance that I believe is also breaking me out.

The bronzing works superduper quick but I do not like the end all. The color is a bit orangy but it could just be my particular skin and even though it is fast acting it stops too soon and doesn't color enough which I guess, in my case, is good because I wouldn't want to be EVEN MORE orange!!! I used it for 3 days and stopped. Smells kind of good though which is near impossible for self tanners

on 9/6/2011 2:37:00 AM

I really like this product. I am a fair, olive skinned person who tans easily. I love the color (bronzing) that is in this product to give you immediate color while you wait for the tanner. It makes your skin shimmer and a very pretty color not orange for me. I first rub lotion on my hands before I start applying. I also use about a quarter size dab, gently rub my palms together before I start applying and I do not have streaking. You do need to work a little fast because if your skin is dry it can absorb the water right out of a product like this and it dries before you are done. If you have streaking I would recommend applying just a very tiny bit of lotion on your skin before you apply the tanner.

I have not noticed any of the horrible self tanner smell that other products have. I also do not find the fragrance offensive or strong and I am smell sensitive. The self tanner in the product is not extremely strong - it does apply a little color but don't expect to go much darker than one shade in your skin. I think it works best if you have a light tan base and want to maintain that color. I doubt there is any bronzing agent out there that would never rub off a little. I make sure it dries completely before I dress. There have been times I have even put on a small coat of lotion after it had dried and I have not have any major mishaps. A little pricey, but I like all Too Faced products.

on 6/27/2011 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

The saving grace of this product is definitely the refreshing scent, something you don't usually get with other tanners. While I did like the pretty shimmer it gave me, it often left me a little streakier than other lotions I've used. I know it says it's a gradual tanning lotion, but I didn't notice it having the same daily darkening effect as other cheaper versions that do the same thing, like Jergens or Dove. If the price was cheaper I might buy it again, but until then I feel like there are other products out there that really give me the bronzing effect I desire.

I've only used Too Faced Tanning Bed in a Tube once, but I wasn't overly impressed. The bronze color was really natural looking and easy to put on (it's tinted), so that was definitely a plus. However, the product claims to be a gradual self tanner but I saw absolutely no color the next day (and I'm very fair skinned so I can always notice a hint of color). It also rubs off on your clothes which sucks.. but at least it washes out.

If you need to get bronze quickly for a night out then it's a great purchase, otherwise I'd choose another gradual tanner. It's too expensive to use regularly.

I bought this product a few years ago, and I still have some in the bottle. A little goes a long way. I use this lotion mainly when I need instant color for bad office lighting or going out nights. I like the 'beachy' smell, and it comes out gold, so I can see where I'm applying it. There is also very slight shimmer. What really justified the high price tag for me was looking at pictures where I was wearing this and I actually looked 'bronzed.' It's a natural bronze, not an orangey one. It's expensive, but considering how long the product lasts it's worth it.

on 7/20/2010 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is great for instant color - but it doesn't really build a tan like some other products out there. It has a pineapple scent that masks the bronzing smell which is nice - and you can see where you've put it which is always a plus for me.