Yankee Candles Sun and Sand

Yankee Candles Sun and Sand

4.6

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I have a ton of yankee candles and really can't get enough of them!

Sun and sand literally smells like you are at a beach resort. From the sunscreen smell to the beach smell, it encompasses it all. . Makes me very happy and relaxed every single time that I light it

on 4/4/2016 2:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

Grew up in So. Deerfield, Yankee Candles have always been a part of my life. They were admittedly a lot better quality/scent before Kitteredge sold the company, but there are still a few that seem not to have changed. Festival of Lights, Lilac blossom, Midsummer Night's Dream, Hazelnut coffee, Spiced Pumkin, Macintosh...
FYI if you loved the older Yankee candles, check out Kringle Kandle, a company started by the son of the man who originally created the Yankee Comapny.

Anyhow, Sun and Sand really does smell like the beach. It's a bit salty, but mainly has a sunscreen accord. But to me - that's the beach, perfectly captured. I lived on the beach in Destin for 16 years, and this smell takes me straight there. Much more so than any other fragrance I've sampled or candles I've tried. From the reviews here I found than some people think this smells like Beach from Bobbi Brown, so I ordered it blind. That's how much I love this candle.

Love it. BUT- It's not one of YC's stronger smelling offerings. It doesn't fill my house nearly as well as other scents.

To Read all 41 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/15/2015 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This smells EXACTLY like the beach!! I love it! one of my favorites from Yankee. The only criticism I have is that this candle is very very strong.

on 11/4/2014 2:50:00 PM

Sunscreen. That is the dominant note. Don't get me wrong, I love this candle, because the smell of sunscreen in winter is a great pick me up, that does smell like the beach, but that is all I smell.

I've been using this candle a lot recently (I have it in the small jar) and I really love it! It smells so warm and beachy, so it's perfect for the summer (or the winter if you want to pretend you're on vacation!). It really does fill a room with its scent, which makes me happy because I love the smell of it and I like to be able to smell my candles from across the room. It has lived up to its expectations. I had this sitting in my room for quite awhile and I finally got around to burning it; now I just wonder why I hadn't used it sooner.

on 7/3/2013 5:47:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Love Yankee candles, I only recently started using them and I am hooked you really do get a lovely smell throughout the house when burning them. So far I have only tried the 1 wick jars and I get a lovely strong smell from them. The only thing I don't like it it gets very hard to light the large jars , I think i may invest in a gas lighter to reach the wick when it gets near the bottom.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

MY FAVORITE CANDLE IN THE WORLD! I remember the very first time I smelled this in the store... out loud, I said "Oh my God!'. It reminds me of the beach, to a T... no other fragrance can even come close as to just how identical to the beach this candle is. I always have this candle on hand somewhere in my home, all year. To be honest, YC's quality is NOT as good and dependable as it used to be, and while I used to be a devoted YC fan, I now buy mostly Bath & Body Works candles... however, until BBW has one identical to this, I will ALWAYS purchase this. It smells like Bobbi Brown's 'Beach' perfume... if you've ever smelled that before.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Sorta annoyed. Last candle I had smelled strong and amazing, this time you can hardly smell it? I always buy the 2 or 3 wick since the jars NEVER smell. Anyway this scent is divine. I can't desribe it, really. Like one of those good sunscreen/oil smells.

on 4/11/2012 5:10:00 PM

I give this a 4 because the scent is really good but it was one of those scents that I just wanted to finish but instead it burned FOREVER! I gave it a 3 for price because I got a pack of 2 medium jars of Pink Sands and Sun and Sand in Christmas packaging for $15!!!!!! $15 for two medium jars is awesome since yankee tends to charge an arm and a leg for a candle. I probably wouldn't buy it again because there are a lot of scents I like better but it did smell nice, just took too long to get rid of. If only the scents I absolutely love would seem to take that long too!

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I absolutely love this candle! The minute I smell it, I feel like I am at a beach!

Popular Candles