4.7

price range

Reviews

3.0

11 days ago

I've probably spent $500 on AB candles in the last year. Not sure why as I'm not 100% satisfied. The good: Burns well - not a single candle wasted wax. Burns long. Scents are generally good - complex, not synthetic (I don't like Bath & body works -- only two scents in the entire store that I like and one is discontinued). The BAD: Scent throw is lacking in almost all the candles. The floral candles have particularly bad scent throw (Peony, Jasmine, Savanah -- practically scentless). Some of the scents are just bad -- Gardenia Tuberose is noxious. I think they have a Tuberose problem - I love fresh tuberoses but any AB candle that includes that scent is kind of gross (Charleston). A lot of people like Havana, and I agree. It's a great scent, but again, the throw is very poor. Wailea is a fantastic scent (the best of the floral) but the throw is only mild-moderate. The best throws are Stonehenge (which I did not like at all) and Kashmir (which I was on the fence about and ultimately decided to not repurchase.) If you like those scents, I think you'll be happy. For me, the only 5 star candle I bought was the Hinoki Wood. I don't even know what Hinoki is but the scent is fantastic and the throw is good. I recommend you buy on amazon as they allow free returns (but they only sell certain scents).

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

6 years ago

love archipelago candles! Havana is my favorite. I also tried luna which i could only smell lemon and stone henge it was meah, ok for me. But love havana dark sexy woody comforting scent. I also liked verbena basil that exactly smell like how its named!! It seems like signature candle burns more evenly than excursion candle. Both of them are supposed to be soy based. i am having a hard time keeping stone henge burning and now it has burned down the middle of candle : (

About reviewer (7 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium

HairBlack

9 years ago

I prefer Luna and Stonehenge. These are totally worth the money!

About reviewer (107 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairOther, Wavy, Fine

EyesGreen

9 years ago

These candles are wonderful. Much more complex than other candles I have purchased. My favorite is Havana - great fall/winter scent. Not sweet smelling at all - more of a masculine scent. Stonehenge is my next favorite. They are a bit pricey but well worth the cost. I buy them from ebay a lot.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair-Medium

EyesOther

10 years ago

These are the best candles in the world, bar none. They are beautifully presented in an adorable box, the glass holder and decorative ribbon are classic and the THROW!!!! Every room in my home smells rich and warm for hours...I've tried them all I think, the Fig is by far my favorite. A rich, deep earthy smell that makes you happy just to be in your home. You will love them!

About reviewer (154 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

11 years ago

This is the best candle I've ever used. I've been using the Yankee candle before I found this amazing candles! I'm totally in love this caramel scent at the moment... Oh the only criticism is the price is too high here in Australia.. A$50!! but who carse...I will def repurchase it!! =p

About reviewer (15 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlack

EyesBlack

11 years ago

Very strong candles. Very good throw. Will fill your entire house with the scent you choose...so you had better like it! :)

About reviewer (312 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

12 years ago

I love love love Peony fragrance candle the best. I put it on my bedside table, it smells lovely even when I am not burning it. Can't rave enough about Archipelago candles.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinCombination, Tan

12 years ago

I just purchased the new African Freesia from Archipelago. It is sweet and florally but not overwhelming. it fragrances the entire room within 20 minutes or so.

About reviewer (24 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

12 years ago

I got one of these in Grapefruit as part of a gift set. The scent was lovely and not overwhelming and the candle burned for a long time. Plus, it came in a cute little tin with a lid that you can clean out and use to store any number of small items.

About reviewer (136 reviews)

Age19-24