Yankee Candles Pink Sands

Yankee Candles Pink Sands

4.3

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Other

I didn't buy this- my sister did. I found it halfway burned and with bad tunneling. I managed to fix the worst of the tunneling with something called the "aluminum trick," though there is still a good bit of leftover wax on the top of the candle.

Anyway. Onto the actual candle. Its scent is an enigma. All I'm certain is that it's feminine. Sometimes I get sweet, other times I get straight up floral. It doesn't remind me of bubblegum, or the ocean really despite the pretty jar art. Another reviewer described it as tutti frutti but it doesn't even remind me of that (although I can see where they were going at). Describing it as a girly fresh scent may be the best way to describe it.

Once I fixed the tunneling, it's been burning evenly, and I can smell it almost immediately after lighting it. I have a smaller candle and it fills most of my large living room and the entry to my kitchen with fragrance. It's good at masking other scents. Sometimes I like the smell and other times I hate it. Florals tend to give me a headache, so when it's particularly floral to me I feel tempted to blow it out early. I'm almost done with the candle but doubt I'll purchase a jar myself.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pink Sands...Let me preface this by saying I first bought this, hmm, maybe 5 + years ago..? Thinking it was shortly before Yankee's candles took a nose dive to disappointment-land..

The scent is lovely, it is girly and feminine without being TOO girly or feminine, soft, sweet, not heavy or headache-inducing. As others have said, it is hard to pinpoint an exact scent for this. On the Yankee website it is described as "citrus, florals, spicy vanilla" and I guess that is somewhat accurate. To me it is a fresh, sweet refreshing scent that fills the room nicely without being too heavy. I do not detect much floral, mostly sweet.

The candle is pretty, a pink-sanded beach with gorgeous blue water. I will say that I now opt for tarts of this. After numerous bad experiences with Yankee jar candles in recent years, I just don't bother with the jars. But maybe I will try this in a jar again someday. But for now the tarts are wonderful, as well as the first jar of this I had all those years ago..

Yankee Candles are crap. Cheap, wax based product that smell like a gas station bathroom. They don't burn cleanly and don't last long. You will end up repainting your ceiling if you use them often.

Spend a little more and buy a nice soy based candle like Voluspa. Sure, it costs more but the scents are clean and luxurious.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Omg this candle smells so yummy!!! As another reviewer stated, it smells like fruity bubble Gum. Some might think that it would be too sweet but I love it. I also purchased the car vent fresheners. Love love! :)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I took off 1 lippi only because the oil diffuser for this hardly smells up the room as expected (although I know the candles are always stronger). I LOVE this scent and I LOVE this candle in this scent!! Smells slightly "bubble-gummy" and sweet floral fruity! Just wish the oil diffuser would be just as strong.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of my favourite Yankee scents. Absolutely beautiful, reminds me of a lovely evening on a foreign holiday on the beach. The scent usually lasts a few days after still. Slightly overpriced but I haven't found another candle like this.

This scent is uber-girly. It's very sweet. It reminds me of an escada fragrance. I'm terrible at describing notes, but it suffices to say that if Escada and Aquolina teamed together to make their quintessential home fragrance, this would be it.

Update: The novelty has worn off for me. Taking one lippie off for being overly saccharine.

on 8/25/2012 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Pink Sands is my second favourite spring/summer scent behind Vanilla Lime, it has a very cool and very sweet smell, but not in an overpowering way; and reminds me of DKNY Fresh Blossom. This is definitely not for those who prefer earthy or spicy scents, I would nearly place this smell in the floral section rather than fresh category, although this does have a slight hint of sun cream, but not a strongly as Sun & Sand. This candle has a medium/small throw, and I find that after I extinguish the scent in a house warmer jar the smell disappears almost instantaneously, also I don't think it smells as nice when burnt as it does in the jar.

on 6/16/2012 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i have the car freshener of this scent and it's uhhh-mazing! i feel like i'm sitting on a private beach under swaying palms with a warm breeze brushing my face and clear waters lapping at my feet while drinking a pina colada with a hot guy catering to my every whim, when in fact i'm sitting on the 405 freeway trying to ignore all the douchers cutting me off on my way home. must try/smell/burn this if you love the beach and everything that comes with it.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Grey, Curly, Coarse

Smells like orgasm. I truly enjoyed this if you know what I mean ;) Would defiantly buy again.

- D.A.