Yankee Candles Pink Sands

Yankee Candles Pink Sands

4.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Pink Sands...Let me preface this by saying I first bought this, hmm, maybe 5 + years ago..? Thinking it was shortly before Yankee's candles took a nose dive to disappointment-land..

The scent is lovely, it is girly and feminine without being TOO girly or feminine, soft, sweet, not heavy or headache-inducing. As others have said, it is hard to pinpoint an exact scent for this. On the Yankee website it is described as "citrus, florals, spicy vanilla" and I guess that is somewhat accurate. To me it is a fresh, sweet refreshing scent that fills the room nicely without being too heavy. I do not detect much floral, mostly sweet.

The candle is pretty, a pink-sanded beach with gorgeous blue water. I will say that I now opt for tarts of this. After numerous bad experiences with Yankee jar candles in recent years, I just don't bother with the jars. But maybe I will try this in a jar again someday. But for now the tarts are wonderful, as well as the first jar of this I had all those years ago..

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

One of my favourite Yankee scents. Absolutely beautiful, reminds me of a lovely evening on a foreign holiday on the beach. The scent usually lasts a few days after still. Slightly overpriced but I haven't found another candle like this.

To Read all 10 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Omg this candle smells so yummy!!! As another reviewer stated, it smells like fruity bubble Gum. Some might think that it would be too sweet but I love it. I also purchased the car vent fresheners. Love love! :)

Yankee Candles are crap. Cheap, wax based product that smell like a gas station bathroom. They don't burn cleanly and don't last long. You will end up repainting your ceiling if you use them often.

Spend a little more and buy a nice soy based candle like Voluspa. Sure, it costs more but the scents are clean and luxurious.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I took off 1 lippi only because the oil diffuser for this hardly smells up the room as expected (although I know the candles are always stronger). I LOVE this scent and I LOVE this candle in this scent!! Smells slightly "bubble-gummy" and sweet floral fruity! Just wish the oil diffuser would be just as strong.

on 8/25/2012 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Pink Sands is my second favourite spring/summer scent behind Vanilla Lime, it has a very cool and very sweet smell, but not in an overpowering way; and reminds me of DKNY Fresh Blossom. This is definitely not for those who prefer earthy or spicy scents, I would nearly place this smell in the floral section rather than fresh category, although this does have a slight hint of sun cream, but not a strongly as Sun & Sand. This candle has a medium/small throw, and I find that after I extinguish the scent in a house warmer jar the smell disappears almost instantaneously, also I don't think it smells as nice when burnt as it does in the jar.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Grey, Curly, Coarse

Smells like orgasm. I truly enjoyed this if you know what I mean ;) Would defiantly buy again.

- D.A.

This scent is uber-girly. It's very sweet. It reminds me of an escada fragrance. I'm terrible at describing notes, but it suffices to say that if Escada and Aquolina teamed together to make their quintessential home fragrance, this would be it.

Update: The novelty has worn off for me. Taking one lippie off for being overly saccharine.

on 6/16/2012 2:29:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

i have the car freshener of this scent and it's uhhh-mazing! i feel like i'm sitting on a private beach under swaying palms with a warm breeze brushing my face and clear waters lapping at my feet while drinking a pina colada with a hot guy catering to my every whim, when in fact i'm sitting on the 405 freeway trying to ignore all the douchers cutting me off on my way home. must try/smell/burn this if you love the beach and everything that comes with it.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

i have this in the medium jar, which has a decent throw. Pink Sands is definitely a scent for warm weather. the best way to describe it is a mix of fruit, floral, perfume and sandiness. i must admit that this would be much too sweet for me normally, but it has a kind of humidity to it that really soothes me. it's also lovely mixed with an evening breeze through an open window on a warm night. if you are familiar with 'Sun and Sand' then this is much more perfumed than that.
i also love the way the lovely picture on the front glows when it's lit! even though it's obviously digitally edited ;)
i would recommend this if you want a humid summer candle but with extra sugariness to it for a bit of a kick. i wouldn't recommend this for those who prefer more leafy, subtle scents because this is quite sweet.

Popular Candles