Prescriptives Magic Liquid Powder

3.8

on 9/17/2014 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I just gotta say if you have melasma or dark spots this is truly magic for hiding it!! I just noticed i have the evil "mustache" look of sun damage on my upper lip, have been playing around with concealers and everything makes it look worse!! But i found out this powder packed on was making my darkness less visible and bright!! I really said "wow magic" Im using A loreal serum to get rid of my dark spots, but it takes time and maybe they will never go away so im always gonna have this powder around!! So worth it!!!

on 3/25/2012 3:31:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product works wonder on me! So natural, never cakey!! best powder I have used so far. The best! I have dry skin. So be sure to keep this powder in the refrigerator. It helps to keep the water in! I think :)

on 6/8/2009 6:10:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

All I noticed was the cooling sensation. I needed to put on way too much to even see that there was a difference. I definitely got fooled on this one!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This stuff is bizarre. When I first got it, I liked it well enough... although it seemed a bit cakey on my fave over makeup. Now that I've had it a few years it turned into a weird orange-y substance that is only about half the volume of the original amount. I guess perhaps I didn't have the lid on tight enough? Anyhow, it's and scary... and there's much better illuminating powders on the market (many by MAC). I won't repurchase.

Great stuff! I use a powder brush to apply this and it feels like liquid or maybe just a cooling sensation when you put it on but is a dry finish. It is supposed to draw attention from fine lines etc...I have had many compliments when I use this all stating I have a glowy look. I discovered this in the 1990's and just began using it occasionally again. This does not cause me to break out at all and only comes in Translucent so good for all complexions. They do have a magic powder out now that minimizes red tones on the face.

on 2/17/2007 5:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Totally worthless. I got a tiny little sample jar when I bought my first Prescriptives foundation a few years ago, and I still have some. Mine still has the incredible wet feel to it but it also still makes me look like I'm with the band, except not in a "sexy tight jeans and dirty curls" way, more like a "sweaty from lifting equipment and doing blow off of a hooker's ass" way. Is that what you're going for? Because if you are, buy three.

I vote 'No' on this product. First of all, there is a definite learning curve on application. If you find yourself thinking, "Oh my god! It really is WET powder!" while applying, then you are putting on too much. This thought is often followed by the flakey 'mask' look described by others. You should only apply enough powder to cause yourself to wonder,"Hey! Is that wet or just cold?" Second, and the deal breaker in my book, it makes my face itch. I'm talking--itchy a la Bare Essentuals mineral powder. Icky itching to the point where I can't wait to get home and wash my face off. It's such a shame. I have no idea what I'm going to do with this stuff--because I certainly won't be wearing it. UPDATE; I've had a change of heart about this product. I took my own advise and apply much, much less and I'm not having any problem with it. Also, because of a new skincare regime my skin is no longer dry and I think this has something to do with it. So, I'm keeping it!! I would not recommend this product to people with dry skin.

on 4/9/2006 12:53:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Interesting concept and it feels quite nice on, the finish is semi-dewey. However I really am not a fan of the shade- it seems to be rainbow white, kind of like MAC's hyperreal foundations. It doesn't really work on me, just ends up making me look like I stepped off of a tripped out 70s dancefloor- rainbow like finish completely apparent, doing nothing to "hide" blemishes or skintone, only bringing new attention to it.

on 11/4/2005 8:57:00 PM

While I've never actually bought any of this myself, several months back my husband and I were at the mall, and I mentioned to him that I'd heard raves about this supposedly magic powder by Prescriptives. When I told him that I wanted to try it but not buy any until I knew it'd work, he went to the counter and chatted with the sales girl (turned out she knew someone who once worked with both of us), and he was so sweet and charming that, when he mentioned in passing that I had read great things about this fantastic powder (while I, in the meantime, stood off to the side in total awe of his skills! ha!), the SA was more than happy to accomodate me with samples. She gave me little containers with about a tablespoon of powder in each of the available shades -- a pinkish, a yellowish, and a more beige-ish one. I wouldn't know, as I eventually just combined them all. I definitely don't use this as an every day powder, and in fact haven't run out yet. But one thing that I can endorse about it is that it seems to work most effectively under the eye area. It does have a subtle shimmer/sheen about it, and I've got horrific bags and dark circles that nothing seems to help very much, but I've noticed that when I dust a little of this on after putting on my concealer, it seems to brighten up my eye area. So for that purpose, I'd recommend it; as an everyday powder to set your makeup - eehhhh, not so much. :o)

on 6/11/2005 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I just LOVE this powder. It feels amazing when you put it on. You swear that you just step out of a waterfall with the way it refreshes your skin. It looks great and in the sun it gives you this glowing effect that my friends always asks me what I am wearing. It is a bit high in price, but worth every penny. (or dollars for this matter)