LUSH Fresh Farmacy Cleanser Bar

LUSH Fresh Farmacy Cleanser Bar
Fresh Farmacy Cleanser Bar

3.6

Calamine Powder, Propylene Glycol, Chamomile Decoction (Anthemis nobilis), Elderflower Decoction (Sambucus nigra), Rapeseed Oil; Sunflower Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Helianthus annuus; Cocos nucifera), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Chamomile Blue Oil (Chamomilla recutita), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Sodium Chloride, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume.

on 12/2/2017 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I found this cleanser way too drying for me. My skin just felt tight and like it had a film on it after using this. I didn’t break out though but I did have to stop using this. Way too drying. Would not purchase.

on 11/9/2017 5:16:00 AM

Oily-combinated skin. It is great cleanser, but if I’m using this cleanser every day, it dry my skin. I’m using this cleanser maybe 2 times a week, better choice is Coalface-lush for every day.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I am a huge fan of lush and have been using the fresh cleansers with good success. However, i wanted to try something else once i ran out of herbalism. My skin is very oily but at the same time, i hate cleansers meant for oily skin as they tend to strip my face.
Decided to go for fresh farmacy as it was touted as being gentle and calming and also good for oil control. Plus, it smelt really good.
Unfortunately, thats where the love ends...
First of all, its kind of pricey and leaves milky patches on your sink that shows up once it dries.
But worst of all, i hated the feeling on the skin after using this. It left a residue that felt uncomfortable.
And then, a few days of using it just once a day and i broke out in irritation bumps.
This is supposed to calm irritated skin...go figure.
Very disappointed.
So far, i've been less than impressed by their soaps...both for face and body. Dove does a better job for both face and body.
I will just stick to my fresh cleansers and the amazing shampoo bars and conditioners from now on.
If you are thinking of trying their face soaps, please ask for a sample first!

on 9/1/2016 5:18:00 AM

To keep it simple - This is a great product, but not for my skin.

I first bought this and loved it. Used it all up, it lasted me for months. But after some time I noticed my skin was getting dry, I just thought it was the weather since I live in the north of Sweden and it was winter. So I went to a lush store and bought this again, and also the aqua marina cleanser from lush. I started using aqua maria since that is a fresh product, and with that I noticed my skin stopped being so dry. This was spring/summer so again I thought maybe my skin is just reacting to the weather? When that ran out I went back to fresh farmacy, and sure enough my skin started getting dry again. So now I´m sure it is because of this.

My skin is normal/combination, so if you have that this is too drying. At the same time this did prevent me from breaking out, so I would recommend this for people with oily skin.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this facial bar cleanser. I have extremely oily skin and this has kept the oil away all day! Skin feels plump and hydrated.

Just to give you an idea about my skin type, I have an oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin. I have hormonal imbalance so there are times my skin is really breaking out. I've been going to different dermatologists/skin clinics and bought all their prescribed medicines since I was in High School. I also tried a lot of over the counter products, from inexpensive to expensive brands. I'm turning 30 this year and it was just last year, 2016 when I discovered Fresh Farmacy. It helped me a lot in battling with my acne. It doesn't lather like other facial cleansers and soaps but it makes your skin feel fresh and clean after using it. I wouldn't recommend this if you have dry skin because it made my oily skin really dry. I think that's one of the reasons why I stopped breaking out. I would also suggest to use a moisturizer that suits your skin type if you plan on trying this soap.

When it comes to the price, it's a little expensive but I don't mind buying this soap because it saved me a lot from going to the dermatologist, have facials and buying medicines. I also love how Lush uses natural ingredients, it's 100% Vegetarian and they're against Animal testing. So again, for me it's worth it!

When it comes to the packaging, you really have to get a nice soap dish because this soap melts easily. I also noticed that when it becomes smaller and it's exposed to air, it turns into a plastic-like texture and you can't use it anymore.

I love this soap!! It's a little annoying storing it but other than that it works for me. I have oily/cystic acne and I feel that this soap is better than many of the other face washes I had (Sephora, clean and clear Etc). Not too harsh on my skin and so far it beats all the other face washes I've tried.

on 6/29/2016 6:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I tried this product after reading the positive reviews, but was sadly it just wasn't for me. Firstly, the packaging is awful. You have to break this stuff up, and it doesn't come with a container. I was told to keep it in the wrapping paper as it is oil-absorbing, but didn't want it to become dry with air contact. The cleanser itself was pretty drying on my skin. It didn't lather at all and I found it hard to get into my skin. While I used this product my skin started to produce more oil to make up for the stripping fresh farmacy did. Have passed this product on to a friend.

I find this soap quite drying and unsuitable for dry skin.

I used this product two times in the middle of summer. After the first time my skin, especially on my forehead, was burning, but that stopped like one hour later, so I wrote it off.
The next day I used it in the morning and my whole face burned sooo much, I couldn't move my it. It lasted till the next day. The days afterwards, since it was summer, I was sweating, so I had to wipe my face (blott), and each time my skin would burn for an hour.
Three days after the last use, a lot of dead skin cells began to form on my forehead and lasted about five days.
I know for sure it was this product, because it was the only thing I changed.
If you really want to try it, definitely make sure to patch test! But I wouldn't recommend it.