LUSH Fresh Farmacy Cleanser Bar

LUSH Fresh Farmacy Cleanser Bar
Fresh Farmacy Cleanser Bar

3.6

Calamine Powder, Propylene Glycol, Chamomile Decoction (Anthemis nobilis), Elderflower Decoction (Sambucus nigra), Rapeseed Oil; Sunflower Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Helianthus annuus; Cocos nucifera), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Chamomile Blue Oil (Chamomilla recutita), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Sodium Chloride, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume.

on 9/14/2018 6:56:00 AM

As it's plain to see from the ingredients list on this product this thing is a BOMB. It will get rid of most of the oil in your face - EVEN the oil that you NEED, so beware. This is the rare Lush skincare product that I've found actually works as advertised, probably a little better than wanted, in fact. Maybe it was my fault for not following the instructions given to me by the Lush staff, but I used it twice a day for maybe 10 days and it *changed* my skin type semi-permanently, from oily/combo to combo/dry (it's just now returning to a status similar to the original). I didn't even know that was possible, but there you go.
Would recommend against using this as a daily cleanser unless you're super oily, but as an alternate cleanser or as a localized treatment for spots/shiny areas, it's great.

on 8/19/2018 3:29:00 AM

Very special cleanser with a mildly clarifying action and fantastic calming effect. Nothing works like this absolutely love everything about it even the way it looks. My skin is oily and can imagine that those with a drier skin won’t like it.

on 8/18/2018 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have combination/sensitive skin.I bougjt this bar last year in Italy ,it cleanses the skin deeply,and helps fading the acne scars,I use it every night before goimg to bed and it doesn’t dry my skin at all .Love it

on 12/2/2017 10:59:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I found this cleanser way too drying for me. My skin just felt tight and like it had a film on it after using this. I didn’t break out though but I did have to stop using this. Way too drying. Would not purchase.

on 11/9/2017 5:16:00 AM

Oily-combinated skin. It is great cleanser, but if I’m using this cleanser every day, it dry my skin. I’m using this cleanser maybe 2 times a week, better choice is Coalface-lush for every day.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I am a huge fan of lush and have been using the fresh cleansers with good success. However, i wanted to try something else once i ran out of herbalism. My skin is very oily but at the same time, i hate cleansers meant for oily skin as they tend to strip my face.
Decided to go for fresh farmacy as it was touted as being gentle and calming and also good for oil control. Plus, it smelt really good.
Unfortunately, thats where the love ends...
First of all, its kind of pricey and leaves milky patches on your sink that shows up once it dries.
But worst of all, i hated the feeling on the skin after using this. It left a residue that felt uncomfortable.
And then, a few days of using it just once a day and i broke out in irritation bumps.
This is supposed to calm irritated skin...go figure.
Very disappointed.
So far, i've been less than impressed by their soaps...both for face and body. Dove does a better job for both face and body.
I will just stick to my fresh cleansers and the amazing shampoo bars and conditioners from now on.
If you are thinking of trying their face soaps, please ask for a sample first!

Just to give you an idea about my skin type, I have an oily, sensitive and acne-prone skin. I have hormonal imbalance so there are times my skin is really breaking out. I've been going to different dermatologists/skin clinics and bought all their prescribed medicines since I was in High School. I also tried a lot of over the counter products, from inexpensive to expensive brands. I'm turning 30 this year and it was just last year, 2016 when I discovered Fresh Farmacy. It helped me a lot in battling with my acne. It doesn't lather like other facial cleansers and soaps but it makes your skin feel fresh and clean after using it. I wouldn't recommend this if you have dry skin because it made my oily skin really dry. I think that's one of the reasons why I stopped breaking out. I would also suggest to use a moisturizer that suits your skin type if you plan on trying this soap.

When it comes to the price, it's a little expensive but I don't mind buying this soap because it saved me a lot from going to the dermatologist, have facials and buying medicines. I also love how Lush uses natural ingredients, it's 100% Vegetarian and they're against Animal testing. So again, for me it's worth it!

When it comes to the packaging, you really have to get a nice soap dish because this soap melts easily. I also noticed that when it becomes smaller and it's exposed to air, it turns into a plastic-like texture and you can't use it anymore.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this facial bar cleanser. I have extremely oily skin and this has kept the oil away all day! Skin feels plump and hydrated.

on 9/1/2016 5:18:00 AM

To keep it simple - This is a great product, but not for my skin.

I first bought this and loved it. Used it all up, it lasted me for months. But after some time I noticed my skin was getting dry, I just thought it was the weather since I live in the north of Sweden and it was winter. So I went to a lush store and bought this again, and also the aqua marina cleanser from lush. I started using aqua maria since that is a fresh product, and with that I noticed my skin stopped being so dry. This was spring/summer so again I thought maybe my skin is just reacting to the weather? When that ran out I went back to fresh farmacy, and sure enough my skin started getting dry again. So now I´m sure it is because of this.

My skin is normal/combination, so if you have that this is too drying. At the same time this did prevent me from breaking out, so I would recommend this for people with oily skin.

I find this soap quite drying and unsuitable for dry skin.