LUSH Fresh Farmacy Cleanser Bar

LUSH Fresh Farmacy Cleanser Bar
Fresh Farmacy Cleanser Bar

3.6

Calamine Powder, Propylene Glycol, Chamomile Decoction (Anthemis nobilis), Elderflower Decoction (Sambucus nigra), Rapeseed Oil; Sunflower Oil; Coconut Oil (Brassica napus; Helianthus annuus; Cocos nucifera), Water (Aqua), Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Sodium Stearate, Sodium Hydroxide, Lavender Oil (Lavandula augustifolia), Chamomile Blue Oil (Chamomilla recutita), Tea Tree Oil (Melaleuca alternifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Sodium Chloride, *Limonene, *Linalool, Perfume.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love this facial bar cleanser. I have extremely oily skin and this has kept the oil away all day! Skin feels plump and hydrated.

on 9/1/2016 5:18:00 AM

To keep it simple - This is a great product, but not for my skin.

I first bought this and loved it. Used it all up, it lasted me for months. But after some time I noticed my skin was getting dry, I just thought it was the weather since I live in the north of Sweden and it was winter. So I went to a lush store and bought this again, and also the aqua marina cleanser from lush. I started using aqua maria since that is a fresh product, and with that I noticed my skin stopped being so dry. This was spring/summer so again I thought maybe my skin is just reacting to the weather? When that ran out I went back to fresh farmacy, and sure enough my skin started getting dry again. So now I´m sure it is because of this.

My skin is normal/combination, so if you have that this is too drying. At the same time this did prevent me from breaking out, so I would recommend this for people with oily skin.

I find this soap quite drying and unsuitable for dry skin.

on 6/29/2016 6:37:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I tried this product after reading the positive reviews, but was sadly it just wasn't for me. Firstly, the packaging is awful. You have to break this stuff up, and it doesn't come with a container. I was told to keep it in the wrapping paper as it is oil-absorbing, but didn't want it to become dry with air contact. The cleanser itself was pretty drying on my skin. It didn't lather at all and I found it hard to get into my skin. While I used this product my skin started to produce more oil to make up for the stripping fresh farmacy did. Have passed this product on to a friend.

I used this product two times in the middle of summer. After the first time my skin, especially on my forehead, was burning, but that stopped like one hour later, so I wrote it off.
The next day I used it in the morning and my whole face burned sooo much, I couldn't move my it. It lasted till the next day. The days afterwards, since it was summer, I was sweating, so I had to wipe my face (blott), and each time my skin would burn for an hour.
Three days after the last use, a lot of dead skin cells began to form on my forehead and lasted about five days.
I know for sure it was this product, because it was the only thing I changed.
If you really want to try it, definitely make sure to patch test! But I wouldn't recommend it.

I love this soap!! It's a little annoying storing it but other than that it works for me. I have oily/cystic acne and I feel that this soap is better than many of the other face washes I had (Sephora, clean and clear Etc). Not too harsh on my skin and so far it beats all the other face washes I've tried.

I like this cleanser but I've thought I have extremely oily skin, so I used it everyday but my skin started to breakout a bit, so I then started to use it once/twice a week and it does the job I'd want it to do. So tip for you: if you start to break out immediately after using this, maybe you are using it too much and it dries your skin too much, so try to use it less and then see if it works.

on 4/29/2016 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got a generous sample of this when I told the Lush salesperson that I was curious about it, but cursed with skin that often reacts badly to changes in my skin care routine. There are several things I like about it, how gentle and soothing it is being the main thing. It lathers pretty well, and the smell is okay (it reminds me of the smell of the Aqua marina cleanser, only a LOT better as I find that one to be way too seaweed-ish for me). The thing that kept me from buying a full 100g chunk of this was that it was slightly too drying to me. It leaves your skin squeaky clean for sure. I feel like someone who has oily skin and want to really wash that excess oil off, but still want their cleanser to be gentle, might enjoy this. It also wouldn't remove my makeup very effectively, so if you wear a lot of makeup you'll probably need to go in with another makeup remover/cleanser before this.

It's cruelty free, vegan, naked (no plastic container) and natural, so if it suits your skin's needs, you have a great cleanser right there.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I have oily skin which makes my foundation hard to wear, and I break out constantly.

This product literally changed my life.

I am getting married next month and my skin hasn't been this clear in almost ten years, I can't believe it. I tried everything on the market and nothing compared to this product in the slightest. It's so soft on my skin even though I do not have sensitive skin and it is always my favorite part of my morning and night routines.

I should also mention that I supplement this with a post-wash aloe vera treatment over my face which is drastically helping reduce scarring on my skin. Between this product and aloe vera, my skin is unbelievably radiant. I have never felt this beautiful before Fresh Farmacy, I can't recommend it enough!

This cleanser SAVED my face, when I didn't even know it needed saving. Since I began using this everyday, I haven't had one break out or even a single pimple. I used to be prone to blackheads, and could never get rid of the ones on my nose no matter what I tried, but since using this, they have all magically disappeared. My skin is much more even and isn't at all as irritated as it used to be. I would definitely recommend this to people with oily or combination skin, but I could see how it would be drying to people with skin naturally on the drier side. A chunk of this goes a long way. I must've paid $6 for a sample sized chunk about a month ago and it's nowhere near gone yet. Honestly cheaper and more effective than my old chemical-filled drugstore face wash.