Impruv Cream

Impruv Cream

4.6

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Coconut Oil, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Shea Butter, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Squalane, Carbomer, Sodium Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Ceramide 3

on 6/7/2016 2:42:00 PM

I have been using Avene's skin recovery cream (light) for several years because i have extremely sensitive skin and everything else irritates my skin ( i have tried enough). It was okay but i never feel my skin is being completely moisturized with it. it leaves an oily film on top and once it's wiped off my skin still feels dry......Until i tried this baby last month...my skin has been much happier.......it gives my skin water and form a protective layer (not grease) on top of my skin...with the help of gentle face wash and clinique's mild lotion...my skin has gained back some glow which was lacking for many months and texture is also improved greatly....
Must try for people with reactive skin!!

on 2/18/2016 2:22:00 PM

I was looking at other products this Stiefel makes and saw this has the same ingredients as their product Physiogel - Physiogel Cream which is also a Stiefel product that. Not sure why they have different packaging or which came first but I love the moisturizer 0 irritation and helps prevent my skin from peeling while I use Stevia-a 0.01% to help treat chin acne and clogged pores.

Update: Stopped using this in the summer and went to Cerave Moisturizing lotion but Will switch back in the winter when I need something heavier.

Update # 2 - Tried switching back but noticed it clogs my pores so I started using a different heavy moisturizer for winter.

To Read all 42 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was browsing around online for a good winter moisturizer and I came across Impruv. the reviews are staggering so I went out right away and bought it. It is really AMAZING! Not only it moisturizes very well it also improved the texture of my skin and sped up the healing of my scars. It is non-irritating, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and it has no fragrance which is perfect because my skin tends to react with unnecessary fragrances from facial products.
Make sure to use a good primer over this before foundation because the first time I used it, I didn't use primer and my make up slid off and looked patchy at the end of the day. The second time I used a mattifying primer and it worked perfectly. I use this also every night together with avocado oil. Amazing. I will definitely buy this again.

I'm in my late twenties, and over the past year my skin has started to get dryer. I think this is just a thing that happens to some people as they get older. My skin used to be perpetually oily and I had to be really careful with what moisturizers I used so as not to end up greasy and shiny. I used jojoba oil for years because it moisturized, but absorbed and didn't break me out. This past fall I finally realized jojoba oil wasn't cutting it anymore, and I began using progressively thicker skin creams and still was dealing with flakiness and general drabness. The dryness was also making a fine developing on my forehead more and more persistent. Even Cerave moisturizing cream wasn't cutting it, and that stuff was way too thick for me only a few years ago.
Enter Impruv cream. This stuff is the bomb. I saw the reviews on MUA and picked up a tube at the drug store. A previous reviewer called its texture "plush". I think that's an apt description. When a moisturizer does its job, there's not much left to say. I haven't noticed it breaking me out. My skin has finally gotten its dewy glow back, and the fine line has retreated, at least for the time being. The texture is so pleasing that I relish slathering it on in the evening. Fwiw I only wash my face at night, after which I use Impruv, and in the morning I use a bb cream as part of my makeup routine.

After spending several weeks in a place where the water was very soft then returning home to hard water my skin reacted by first becoming oily then very dry. I've never had problem skin ever but something was definitely off. I needed a good moisturizer, something that would bring my skin back to normal and Impruv fits the bill. A little goes a long way, it sinks in fast and feels wonderful. It's the perfect night cream as well as under makeup. Terrific product!

on 10/30/2015 1:02:00 PM

I love this cream!!! I have tried soooooo many natural moisturizers and expensive creams over the years to keep my sensitive acne prone skin happy. I also work at a medical spa where we sell expensive creams and treatments and let me tell you SAVE YOUR MONEY!!

This cream I tried after reading the reviews on MA, and I have not been disappointed. I am now only using a fragrance free soap to wash my face....eek! I know the horrors ;) And then this cream as my daily moisturizer and my skin is happy and moisturized. No rashes and no breakouts. The only zits I get are hormonal around my mouth. And that's nothing a cream can fix. Love the cheap and cheerful products that work :)

This didn't work for my combo skin. It felt heavy and like it just sat on top of the skin instead of actually moisturizing. It also broke me out due to the coconut oil, I'm pretty sure. So if your skin reacts at all to oils, I'd stay away. Its $16 cdn for a small tube at SDM so a little pricey for drugstore

on 8/30/2015 11:53:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

If you suffer from acne, sensitive skin, and/or very dry skin, I recommend you try this lotion. It is the only moisturizing lotion that doesn't break me out, yet actually clearly keeps my skin hydrated.

on 8/18/2015 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have sensitive/reactive skin. I develop allergies really easy. I find this product helps me alot, specially inthe summer months..when the hit and sunscreen make me flare. It is not greasy and price wise in reasonable. I buy it at Shoppers.Great product.

on 7/20/2015 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product based on the previous positive reviews. I have been looking for a moisturizer that was good for sensitive skin and that was hydrating. This product is pretty awesome for both. It comes in 2 sizes - I got the 75 ml one for trial and it's a great size.I bought mine at my local Shoppers Drug Mart but I believe they also sell this product at London Drugs too (in Canada). I read from previous reviewers that it is not sold in the States anymore, I'm not sure why. Usually products tend to get discontinued in Canada before the States. There is no scent to this product which is great. The texture is not too thick and it spread easily over the face. I have used this cream as an eye cream well and it works well. It has not broke me out nor has it given me milia. The cream is very hydrating and my face does not feel tight after applying. My face does not feel greasy either but moisturized. This moisturizer does exactly when a moisturizer is supposed to do. I'm surprised it has not gotten more reviews. This product is truly a hidden gem in the drugstore. The product comes in a squeeze tube so don't need to worry about hygiene problems. I have squirt some out for travel purposes and put it into a container. Has not given me any problems. Would definitely recommend, especially during the winter months if it gets dry. Great for dry skin. Would repurchase.