Impruv Cream

Impruv Cream
Impruv CreamImpruv Cream

4.5

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Coconut Oil, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Shea Butter, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Squalane, Carbomer, Sodium Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Ceramide 3

on 2/10/2017 7:34:00 PM

Bought this on sale at a local drugstore. Is a bit thick, def needs something else to smooth it on, otherwise it feels way too heavy. I usually use a drop of essential oil or a bit of Bareminerals serum with damp hands. That being said, its winter and my skin feels moisturized, and I haven't noticed any white little millia that I am prone to with heavy creams!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I want to start out by saying I chose this product because of its really great reviews. I found it at Walmart on sale for $15 regular price $30.
I have really dry and sensitive skin that is acne and clog prone. I often get dry patches.
I really wanted to like this! But I can't use it at all. Within a week of using this I broke out way worse than I ever have. Tons of blackheads, clogged pores, and a few painful cystic acnes.
It definitley moisturized I had no dry patches but Omg my poor face! The texture of my skin was terrible. Raised bumps everywhere! I wanted to cry .
I went out and grabbed Avene skin recovery Rich creme (expensive but soooo damn worth it) and have been using that for 2 weeks now. My skin has cleared completely. I probably will stick with Avene from now on. No more cheap alternatives and experiments trying to find a cheaper product that works as well. Doesn't exist.
Never again would I but this Impruv creme! I currently an using the remainder of it on my body and especially neck because it doesn't break these areas out and moisturizes them well.
I would not recommend this product for those of my skin type. I have intolerant skin and it does not tolerate this product. I would not buy again for my body even though it works well because of the price. I can get the same effect of super moisture to my body with LA Roche Posay Lipikar for the same price but way bigger bottle.
Please do not waste your money and time if you too have intolerant yet dry skin.
This may be ok as a spot treatment though for very crispy dry patches or eczema but I will not even attempt in fear of painful acne and nasty complexion

My upper lip got SUPER dry and cracked and I put this on it. It helped it heal pretty quickly which was great because I was in pain and it looked terrible! I will still use my regular antiaging products on a day to day basis but I'll use this when my skin is super chapped or sun burned.

on 6/7/2016 2:42:00 PM

I have been using Avene's skin recovery cream (light) for several years because i have extremely sensitive skin and everything else irritates my skin ( i have tried enough). It was okay but i never feel my skin is being completely moisturized with it. it leaves an oily film on top and once it's wiped off my skin still feels dry......Until i tried this baby last month...my skin has been much happier.......it gives my skin water and form a protective layer (not grease) on top of my skin...with the help of gentle face wash and clinique's mild lotion...my skin has gained back some glow which was lacking for many months and texture is also improved greatly....
Must try for people with reactive skin!!
NOTE: IT IS VERY CRUCIAL TO APPLY THIS CREAM WHILE YOUR SKIN IS SLIGHTLY DAMP.....WHETHER IT BE TONER OR WATER....IF YOU PUT THIS CREAM ON BARE DRY SKIN...IT WILL NOT ABSORB......IT EVEN SAYS IN THE INFO PART

on 2/18/2016 2:22:00 PM

I was looking at other products this Stiefel makes and saw this has the same ingredients as their product Physiogel - Physiogel Cream which is also a Stiefel product that. Not sure why they have different packaging or which came first but I love the moisturizer 0 irritation and helps prevent my skin from peeling while I use Stevia-a 0.01% to help treat chin acne and clogged pores.

Update: Stopped using this in the summer and went to Cerave Moisturizing lotion but Will switch back in the winter when I need something heavier.

Update # 2 - Tried switching back but noticed it clogs my pores so I started using a different heavy moisturizer for winter.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was browsing around online for a good winter moisturizer and I came across Impruv. the reviews are staggering so I went out right away and bought it. It is really AMAZING! Not only it moisturizes very well it also improved the texture of my skin and sped up the healing of my scars. It is non-irritating, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and it has no fragrance which is perfect because my skin tends to react with unnecessary fragrances from facial products.
Make sure to use a good primer over this before foundation because the first time I used it, I didn't use primer and my make up slid off and looked patchy at the end of the day. The second time I used a mattifying primer and it worked perfectly. I use this also every night together with avocado oil. Amazing. I will definitely buy this again.

I'm in my late twenties, and over the past year my skin has started to get dryer. I think this is just a thing that happens to some people as they get older. My skin used to be perpetually oily and I had to be really careful with what moisturizers I used so as not to end up greasy and shiny. I used jojoba oil for years because it moisturized, but absorbed and didn't break me out. This past fall I finally realized jojoba oil wasn't cutting it anymore, and I began using progressively thicker skin creams and still was dealing with flakiness and general drabness. The dryness was also making a fine developing on my forehead more and more persistent. Even Cerave moisturizing cream wasn't cutting it, and that stuff was way too thick for me only a few years ago.
Enter Impruv cream. This stuff is the bomb. I saw the reviews on MUA and picked up a tube at the drug store. A previous reviewer called its texture "plush". I think that's an apt description. When a moisturizer does its job, there's not much left to say. I haven't noticed it breaking me out. My skin has finally gotten its dewy glow back, and the fine line has retreated, at least for the time being. The texture is so pleasing that I relish slathering it on in the evening. Fwiw I only wash my face at night, after which I use Impruv, and in the morning I use a bb cream as part of my makeup routine.

After spending several weeks in a place where the water was very soft then returning home to hard water my skin reacted by first becoming oily then very dry. I've never had problem skin ever but something was definitely off. I needed a good moisturizer, something that would bring my skin back to normal and Impruv fits the bill. A little goes a long way, it sinks in fast and feels wonderful. It's the perfect night cream as well as under makeup. Terrific product!

on 10/30/2015 1:02:00 PM

I love this cream!!! I have tried soooooo many natural moisturizers and expensive creams over the years to keep my sensitive acne prone skin happy. I also work at a medical spa where we sell expensive creams and treatments and let me tell you SAVE YOUR MONEY!!

This cream I tried after reading the reviews on MA, and I have not been disappointed. I am now only using a fragrance free soap to wash my face....eek! I know the horrors ;) And then this cream as my daily moisturizer and my skin is happy and moisturized. No rashes and no breakouts. The only zits I get are hormonal around my mouth. And that's nothing a cream can fix. Love the cheap and cheerful products that work :)

This didn't work for my combo skin. It felt heavy and like it just sat on top of the skin instead of actually moisturizing. It also broke me out due to the coconut oil, I'm pretty sure. So if your skin reacts at all to oils, I'd stay away. Its $16 cdn for a small tube at SDM so a little pricey for drugstore