Impruv Cream

Impruv Cream
Impruv CreamImpruv Cream

4.4

Water, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Coconut Oil, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Shea Butter, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Squalane, Carbomer, Sodium Carbomer, Xanthan Gum, Ceramide 3

on 2/17/2018 10:08:00 AM

I typically never write reviews, but I have been using this for years. I still remember the first time I used it, and the difference was dramatic. My skin looked so plump and hydrated. Even my friends noticed the difference. This is definitely my go-to moisturizer, especially for winter months when my skin really needs the extra hydration.

on 12/21/2017 11:04:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I recently rediscovered this product a few weeks ago, in an effort to find an affordable simple moisturizer that would hydrate my skin so I could start to experiment with beauty oils in my regime. My dermatologist recommended this product to me years ago, when I was 14 and had really bad acne and had told me it was what he was using at the time. I used this as my only moisturizer for about a month and was pretty pleased with the results. I previously used the Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturizer, which is my HG but way to expensive on a student budget. This is a really basic moisturizer and I feel like it does that job pretty well enough that I would recommend this to a friend, and will continue repurchasing for now. Recently, I incorporated the Joise Maran Argan Oil and on days when I used too much product I noticed break outs. I also use Lancome Bienfait UV SPF 50+ Super Fluid Facial Sunscreen, and use a dermatologist prescribed tretinoin at night. I'll be really honest, I'm not that religious with my skincare regime although I'm striving to be. This product is the one thing I use everyday, because moisturizing is life!

Overll, is it HG? No, but it's a drug store product that did well by my extremely acne prone, oily but also dry in the winter, sensitive skin. My skin is very picky when it comes to skincare, and this passes the test. I will continue to search for my HG status affordable moisturizer, but this one is definitely up there.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One word: DO NOT BUY.
Sorry but I must be honest. Period

on 5/4/2017 12:23:00 PM

This broke me out so badly - if you have acne prone skin, this may not be for you.
Otherwise this cream hydrates like no other... gets rid of all dry patches.

on 2/10/2017 7:34:00 PM

Bought this on sale at a local drugstore. Is a bit thick, def needs something else to smooth it on, otherwise it feels way too heavy. I usually use a drop of essential oil or a bit of Bareminerals serum with damp hands. That being said, its winter and my skin feels moisturized, and I haven't noticed any white little millia that I am prone to with heavy creams!

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

I want to start out by saying I chose this product because of its really great reviews. I found it at Walmart on sale for $15 regular price $30.
I have really dry and sensitive skin that is acne and clog prone. I often get dry patches.
I really wanted to like this! But I can't use it at all. Within a week of using this I broke out way worse than I ever have. Tons of blackheads, clogged pores, and a few painful cystic acnes.
It definitley moisturized I had no dry patches but Omg my poor face! The texture of my skin was terrible. Raised bumps everywhere! I wanted to cry .
I went out and grabbed Avene skin recovery Rich creme (expensive but soooo damn worth it) and have been using that for 2 weeks now. My skin has cleared completely. I probably will stick with Avene from now on. No more cheap alternatives and experiments trying to find a cheaper product that works as well. Doesn't exist.
Never again would I but this Impruv creme! I currently an using the remainder of it on my body and especially neck because it doesn't break these areas out and moisturizes them well.
I would not recommend this product for those of my skin type. I have intolerant skin and it does not tolerate this product. I would not buy again for my body even though it works well because of the price. I can get the same effect of super moisture to my body with LA Roche Posay Lipikar for the same price but way bigger bottle.
Please do not waste your money and time if you too have intolerant yet dry skin.
This may be ok as a spot treatment though for very crispy dry patches or eczema but I will not even attempt in fear of painful acne and nasty complexion

My upper lip got SUPER dry and cracked and I put this on it. It helped it heal pretty quickly which was great because I was in pain and it looked terrible! I will still use my regular antiaging products on a day to day basis but I'll use this when my skin is super chapped or sun burned.

on 6/7/2016 2:42:00 PM

I have been using Avene's skin recovery cream (light) for several years because i have extremely sensitive skin and everything else irritates my skin ( i have tried enough). It was okay but i never feel my skin is being completely moisturized with it. it leaves an oily film on top and once it's wiped off my skin still feels dry......Until i tried this baby last month...my skin has been much happier.......it gives my skin water and form a protective layer (not grease) on top of my skin...with the help of gentle face wash and clinique's mild lotion...my skin has gained back some glow which was lacking for many months and texture is also improved greatly....
Must try for people with reactive skin!!
NOTE: IT IS VERY CRUCIAL TO APPLY THIS CREAM WHILE YOUR SKIN IS SLIGHTLY DAMP.....WHETHER IT BE TONER OR WATER....IF YOU PUT THIS CREAM ON BARE DRY SKIN...IT WILL NOT ABSORB......IT EVEN SAYS IN THE INFO PART

on 2/18/2016 2:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I was looking at other products this Stiefel makes and saw this has the same ingredients as their product Physiogel - Physiogel Cream which is also a Stiefel product that. Not sure why they have different packaging or which came first but I love the moisturizer 0 irritation and helps prevent my skin from peeling while I use Stevia-a 0.01% to help treat chin acne and clogged pores.

Update: Stopped using this in the summer and went to Cerave Moisturizing lotion but Will switch back in the winter when I need something heavier.

Update # 2 - Tried switching back but noticed it clogs my pores so I started using a different heavy moisturizer for winter.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I was browsing around online for a good winter moisturizer and I came across Impruv. the reviews are staggering so I went out right away and bought it. It is really AMAZING! Not only it moisturizes very well it also improved the texture of my skin and sped up the healing of my scars. It is non-irritating, hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic and it has no fragrance which is perfect because my skin tends to react with unnecessary fragrances from facial products.
Make sure to use a good primer over this before foundation because the first time I used it, I didn't use primer and my make up slid off and looked patchy at the end of the day. The second time I used a mattifying primer and it worked perfectly. I use this also every night together with avocado oil. Amazing. I will definitely buy this again.