Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

3.8

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Flawless Feline in Fierce Abyssinian is the best match I've ever found in a foundation (and I've tried A LOT). I'm South Asian-descent, NC40ish, with cool yellow olive beige undertones and I'm very muted. This can be a little too olive/yellow if built up too much, but worn with a big Kabuki brush (E.L.F.), on top of the Sephora Gel concealer for spots that need better coverage, it's absolutely perfect. Abyssinian is such a gorgeous true yellow-beige shade. The finish is so natural, no sparkle, nothing. It start out matte but lasts into a natural dew by the end of the day. I'm really oily, so I also set this with a rice powder/kaolin clay mix I DIY. After like 12 hours tho the foundation starts to break down (but that's lasting a p darn long time).

I don't think this is total full coverage the way I wear it, but there was a point in time when I did wear this full coverage. I went through the Munchkin size too quickly doing this, but it's still possible. I recommend using the E.L.F. flat top powder brush, spraying it with Fix+ or water, then stippling the powder on -- not blending. You don't really need to buff this on unlike other powder foundations tbh. When I'd do this, I'd use Fierce Manx as a corrector for PIH (it's very yellow with some peach, close dupe for Nars Stromboli but less peachy actually). And you can get a pretty natural-finish full coverage beat look. But again, the FF can also be worn pretty sheerly so it's very flexible. It also plays well with cream/liquid concealers and blushes! And best of all, it doesn't break out my super acne-prone skin. This does, however, require a good base to work well. I use a Japanese sunscreen milk that's quite siliconey, but back when I just put this on top of regular moisturizer, it wouldn't "stick" to my face. Mineral makeup has a learning curve, and this is no exception. Brushes, base products, and application technique are all extremely important for making this work.

The only thing is, color inconsistency. This has me pissed because I love this so much. First time I tried the Fierce Abyssinian sample, it was great. I order it in the munchkin size, but it's much more saturated, green, and yellow than I recall. I mix some Korat and Siamese in Naughty to tone it down but it just ends up a bit too warm. Still workable, I finish it off and order a full size of the Abyssinian, and it's the exact color of the sample from the first go! I was excited but also mad, like, why.....does it have to be inconsistent. That's my main gripe with this. The full size will last me a while, but the whole thing got me feeling some type of way. And I'm not the only one who's had this experience.

All in all, HG to the moon, despite this.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Meow makes the best mineral foundations ever!
I tested tones of mineral foundations and I find this one just perfect for my skin.
Of course, you have to bear in mind the specifics of powder minerals. Might be little drying, you need good brush and some practice to apply it correctly. It you can live with that, give it a try.
This foundation is superior, because of its texture and final effect you get.
The complexion looks like it has been photoshoped - pores are not visible, as well as any discolouration. Seconds after application it might look very powdery, but after a while, it settles into dewy finish.
My skin is very oily and my makeup looks very good after long day in the office. It won't settle in pores, fine lines, etc. Does not cling to dry patches.

I have never experienced any bad reaction on my skin.
There are some questionable ingredients, i.e titanium dioxide, but as far as I'm aware, Meow does not use nano particles in their formulations. And the np of titanium dioxide poses the risk.

My only compliant is that the colour range is killing me each time I need to decide. And their colour advice is not very useful, like for skin with pink undertones choose pinkish foundation. To look even more pinkish? I don't think so...

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

Pros

Inexpensive
Great for sensitive, acne-prone skin
medium/full coverage
Excellent staying power (10+ hours)
Great for mixing with more sheer foundations

Cons

Difficult to find perfect shade (luckily samples are inexpensive & generous)
Have to mix with Meow's Pampered Puss foundation for the most natural finish on the skin. By itself this foundation is too matte for my taste and can easily get too cakey

on 2/27/2017 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i'm an oily-skinned 30-something who's tried for years to find a perfect powder foundation, but there's a trifecta of issues i encounter: color-matching (pale yellow is always too yellow or peachy, pale neutrals are too peachy or pink, and pale cools are WAY too pink), acne (living that "everything is a breakout trigger" life), and oxidization (SO ORANGE. ORANGE FOREVER).

after a couple weeks of flawless feline, i'm 92% sure i've found my endgame powder. admittedly, winter is the least challenging season for foundations and summer is going to be the real gauntlet, but considering its biggest flaw right now is that it's TOO good at oil control, i have a feeling it's going to handle the heat gracefully.

pros:

- color match! meow cosmetics offers something like 13 different undertones, with 4-7 shades per undertone. if you're a difficult undertone match in mainstream foundation lines, chances are good you're likely to at least come close to a good match here. i found my match in korat, a neutral beige without any hint of pink or peachiness, with a bit of extra yellow, something i've never been able to find anywhere else.

- no oxidization! normally most foundations go orange on me; some will be stopped by primer, but a lot won't. with this, i don't even have to prep or prime, it just straight up doesn't oxidize no matter how long i leave it on. no more uncomfortable orange face!

- oil control! honestly, i feel a little TOO dry at the end of the day. where i might be shiny in 6 hours with a normal powder, i'm just at the "healthy glow" stage around the 10 hour mark with meow.

- the finish, especially over a thin layer of liquid foundation, is amazing. i've been using it as a setting powder over one pump of revlon colorstay, and it's the first time i've been able to achieve actual full coverage without looking cakey or like i'm wearing a papier mache mask.

neutral:

- the packaging is really inelegant, but that's sort of expected when you're shopping with an indie company who can't afford to do a 100,000 piece run of bespoke glass jars. you're paying a little more than drugstore price for packaging that's a little worse, but keep in mind you're ALSO paying a little more than drugstore price for a product that competes with mid/high-end. if you're really concerned about aesthetics, depot into your favorite container and pretend it just came that way the whole time.

- i can think of a lot of more descriptive but less kind words to use for the website, so for the sake of the review, i'll go with "hot mess." the website is a hot mess. again, i totally understand why an indie would be hesitant to take down a site that functions without issues and lose money in the time it takes to switch to a newer, prettier platform, but it is a pain to navigate.

- my sample order arrived within a few days, but it took about a week for them to ship out my second order containing a munchkin size of korat plus some blush and highlighter samples. this is pretty much par for the course when you shop with indies (i've had to wait a month with some companies), but if you've never shopped indie before, you're going to get agitated. this ain't no amazon prime. meow cosmetics clearly states their turnaround time on their customer service page, and i found my orders took less time to get to me than the stated TAT both times.

cons:

- very slightly itchy if you use it on your bare skin. it doesn't cause me physical skin irritation and the sensation goes away pretty quickly, but if you're sensitive to face-feels or tend to develop rashes from irritation, you might want to stay away. however, i've had zero problems or itchiness just using it as a setting powder over liquid, so keep that in mind.

- if you're as blemishy and blotchy and unevenly skintoned as me, you know that any powder foundation that advertises as full coverage is going to be light-medium at absolute best. it's the same thing here: if you use this powder on its own and you want full coverage, you're going to have to layer it multiple tones, which is going to start to look noticeably powder after two layers. if you're looking for medium coverage, you're good to go, but if you're buying full coverage for actual full coverage, you're going to want to layer this over your liquid.

caveats:

- ORDER SAMPLES. order samples if you aren't already matched to a meow color and order samples if you aren't sure of your coverage. color matches do NOT carry over to other coverages, so if you're a perfect 5 mau in full coverage and decide you want to switch, you are going to be SOL if you order a full size jar of 5 mau in light coverage and discover it doesn't match. they don't take returns and they aren't as willing to bend over backwards like other indies, so don't expect to get your money back if you order a mismatch and sheepishly ask for a refund.

- this goes double for darker skinned women! meow tends to jump shades for darker skintones, so order a sample in the shade you think you are, plus one step lighter and one step darker. you may very well have to mix shades in order to get the right color for you.

I was on the hunt for a cruelty-free, mineral, medium to full coverage foundation. As a former bare minerals matte user, I was ready to try something more cost effective. The 3 oz jar from Meow is $40 (it's HUGE) vs. the 0.2 oz jar from BE for $28.50. That's a massive savings!

I chose Flawless Feline to get the most coverage. It applies smoothly and wears well throughout the day. I can get pretty full coverage from this if I layer it, but I tend to use it with concealer on problem areas. I am not about the powdery look, so all I do is set with a finishing spray and it really melds everything into my skin. I also like how this foundation works on top of a pore filling primer (when I use them together, my pores are basically invisible). Basically, if you've ever liked a mineral foundation, you will love this!

The biggest drawback to that is that you must order samples from Meow to find your color (10 bucks and a few more for shipping). But, the color range is massive and caters to humans of all colors and undertones! It's a bit of a process and a waiting game to finally get your color match. But still...think how much you'll be saving not having to buy a new jar from BE every month!

The other drawbacks are slightly petty. The packaging is not going to look sleek on your vanity as it has a big cartoon cat on it. The huge powder jar does have a sifter, but not nearly as awesome as the BE twisty caps. My solution for you is to simply refill your old BE sifter jars with your new Meow foundation.

You can also feel good purchasing from a made in the USA, cruelty-free indie brand.

I LOVE this product! I always thought mineral foundations would dry my skin out. I've used Maybelline liquid up until now. However, I started hating the way my skin looked without foundation. It looked splotchy and uneven, and I found myself applying more and more makeup just to hide it. My face would feel greasy and heavy with Maybelline, though it looked pretty nice.

I ordered Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline foundation in Sleek Sphynx (I bought a full sized order without trying out samples, but it worked for me!) It has such a soft, natural finish that looks amazing in natural daylight. My skin looks and feels healthier, even though I've only been using it a few days. It pretty must lasts throughout the day; with Maybelline, I would find myself reapplying maybe once a day, but with Meow, that's not necessary anymore. My skin doesn't look cakey; it just looks glowy, soft, and moisturized!

Many other mineral makeup brands have fillers. I've tried others, and never received the same feel as Meow. i was surprised by the fantastic coverage; it takes several coats to be substantial - three or four, maybe - but to me, it's worth it. This is huge coming from a die-hard liquid foundation fan!

I recommend spraying your face with rosewater before applying the foundation. :) It adds a special glow.

Great product, and I don't think I'm ever going back to any other brand! I strongly recommend! It's worth the investment, and it's better for your skin in the long run. :)

on 3/23/2015 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been a long time user of Meow's Purrfect Puss foundation but lately I've been searching for a full coverage foundation and decided to try Flawless Feline. OMG, this is the BEST! I ordered the same shade I was in PP and it was perfect. I apply it with the elf powder brush and I get the full coverage I need. I don't even need a separate concealer. I couldn't believe the quick full coverage I got by this one product plus it gives a natural flawless finish. Doesn't look cakey, shiney or accentuates my large pores. I love it!

on 2/23/2015 2:35:00 PM

I live in the UK and have tried every foundation and every bb cream. My skin is very oily with terrible acne in the past. I use the same brand primer and top coat for the past 3 or 4 months. I find this is the only foundation that has not broken me out and reduces how oily I am. I'm not looking for my scars to be covered, my main aim is not to add more acne. As this has not broken me out this is fine, I only need to blot once and that's only for special occasions and not as much as before. I can go to bed and when I wash there is makeup to remove, previously all my foundation's would be long gone by 1pm, mainly on my phone. Yes I can look a bit chalky for the first 30 mins after I apply but then my skin looks fine. If I reapply for a special occasion and want to go straight out I just either mist with toner or put my clean, warm palms on my face to help it settle more quickly. The match of the colour is amazing and worth the effort of ordering the samples. If you have acne made worse by foundations I can't recommend this enough, first time I've felt like I'm using a foundation that makes my skin better not worse. I've used Liz Earl, Channel, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Bare Minerals and Laura Gellar to name but a few, none stuck and some really aggravate my skin. If I really wanted to their concealer does cover my red old scars but they don't bother me enough to bother.

This is an absolute HG foundation for me. I use the flawless feline foundation in sleek chausie.

The color chart on their website is helpful and I was able to find a great match after ordering a few samples. They have comparisons to popular brands' foundation shades to give you an idea of where to start and there is a large selection of colors. There are several different undertones (cool pink, warm pink, beige, olive, etc.) and each of those is offered in 6 different shades. I have trouble finding foundations pale enough for me but I am actually not the lightest shade in this brand.

The coverage is the best of any mineral make up I have tried, including BE and EDM. I don't think powders can achieve as heavy coverage as liquid or cream foundations, but this is pretty good and very buildable. It does start to look powdery if too much is applied. I apply with a kabuki brush and it covers small pimples/ discolorations, but not under eye circles or very red spots.

My skin tends to be very sensitive and I have not had any problems with this product. It has not caused any breakouts of irritation for me. With BE I had a lot of itching.

Overall this is a good every-day foundation for me. It is easy and quick to apply, lasts all day, and gives nice medium coverage that looks like natural skin. I have been using it for several months and still have a ton left in the container. I will re-purchase!

on 7/21/2014 10:19:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Two layers of this applied with a flat top powder brush and I almost have full coverage, I feel confident wearing this alone. Alright oil control (not the best but still decent) and no breakouts. I just don't like the loose powder form but it's worth the sacrifice seeing as I don't need to reapply during the day and of course the colour selection is extraordinary for pale skin. I wear The 0 Siamese shade.