Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

3.8

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides

on 4/6/2017 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know why it is, but I had the *hardest* time trying to find information for a shade that would match me. I searched high and low on the interwebs and read pretty much every review here, there and everywhere before making my decision and it just seemed that since others didn't easily find a match either, they just refused to say anything about their Meow shade vs their MAC shade so that everyone would have to go through the same nightmare. Ok, I'm being dramatic. There might not even be a hint of truth to that... But it was super hard to get info, even on the Meow messageboards (back in the day they were active). Currently the messageboard is inactive but word is you can still get some info on their Facebook page. I haven't tried but have at 'er.

My first attempt was way too dark. I got 5 - Slinky Abyssinian. Doh!! I was stubborn and didn't want to spend the $ on samples, cuz, well.. I'm stubborn. Either way I was probably out the same amount of $. I assumed that the online swatches were probably skewed and that since minerals often look darker than they apply, went darker than I should have. Lesson learned. Now I have a HUGE jar of... eyeshadow. Or contour. I'm stubborn so I'll find a use for it at some point. My next order was more successful. I went up (ilghter) a few shades and got 3 - Naughty Abyssinian and although it looks weirdly darker and more olivey than my usual mineral foundation (a mix of shades from theconservatorie.com which is sadly fell off the grid), it's amazingly similar when applied to my skin. It's a hair less peachy/pink but otherwise very close. Matches me purrrdy good. I can sometimes have a bit of redness so the yellow/olive tone seems to cancel that out. Even though I got the Flawless Feline, I don't find this to feel like a heavy coverage. It's nicely buildable and not cakey at all. I'm normal/combo and have a preference for matte, so I like that this keeps me pretty much shine free for most of the day. I might touch up once mid-day but that's it. I use a flat top kabuki whose name has sadly rubbed off, or it's a no name one from theconservatorie.com - see above - off the grid. Pity...

I'd actually bought this a few years ago, but when I got it and saw the shade in person, I assumed it was too yellowy/grey/green to work and put it with my other unloved things that I couldn't bear to toss just yet (because it might work with something else should I have a 'mad scientist' day). Recently I was digging through my stash - gotta shop that stash - pulled it out and gave it a go, and good thing too. I am also considering trying a sample of Manx. Even though Naughty Abyssinian is *so* close, Manx has a bit more peach to it and mixing the two might be near nirvana. I'm stubborn...and a perfectionist... and there are a few eye shadows I'm eyeing anyways. For the record, I've also tried a sample of 4-Fierce Chartreaux but that one was both too dark and too pink. (Whoo, more eyeshadow!)
So use my disappointments to your advantage. If you're in the range of NC30-35ish, give Naughty Abyssinian a shot, or at least try a sample. Unless you're open to a huge jar of eye shadow.

Pardon me now while I get to work on my collection of Slinky Abyssinian eye shadows. I'll call them "Res-purrection from the Abyss".. or "Abysmal Failure to Fur-tune". Abysseeing you later...

on 2/27/2017 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

i'm an oily-skinned 30-something who's tried for years to find a perfect powder foundation, but there's a trifecta of issues i encounter: color-matching (pale yellow is always too yellow or peachy, pale neutrals are too peachy or pink, and pale cools are WAY too pink), acne (living that "everything is a breakout trigger" life), and oxidization (SO ORANGE. ORANGE FOREVER).

after a couple weeks of flawless feline, i'm 92% sure i've found my endgame powder. admittedly, winter is the least challenging season for foundations and summer is going to be the real gauntlet, but considering its biggest flaw right now is that it's TOO good at oil control, i have a feeling it's going to handle the heat gracefully.

pros:

- color match! meow cosmetics offers something like 13 different undertones, with 4-7 shades per undertone. if you're a difficult undertone match in mainstream foundation lines, chances are good you're likely to at least come close to a good match here. i found my match in korat, a neutral beige without any hint of pink or peachiness, with a bit of extra yellow, something i've never been able to find anywhere else.

- no oxidization! normally most foundations go orange on me; some will be stopped by primer, but a lot won't. with this, i don't even have to prep or prime, it just straight up doesn't oxidize no matter how long i leave it on. no more uncomfortable orange face!

- oil control! honestly, i feel a little TOO dry at the end of the day. where i might be shiny in 6 hours with a normal powder, i'm just at the "healthy glow" stage around the 10 hour mark with meow.

- the finish, especially over a thin layer of liquid foundation, is amazing. i've been using it as a setting powder over one pump of revlon colorstay, and it's the first time i've been able to achieve actual full coverage without looking cakey or like i'm wearing a papier mache mask.

neutral:

- the packaging is really inelegant, but that's sort of expected when you're shopping with an indie company who can't afford to do a 100,000 piece run of bespoke glass jars. you're paying a little more than drugstore price for packaging that's a little worse, but keep in mind you're ALSO paying a little more than drugstore price for a product that competes with mid/high-end. if you're really concerned about aesthetics, depot into your favorite container and pretend it just came that way the whole time.

- i can think of a lot of more descriptive but less kind words to use for the website, so for the sake of the review, i'll go with "hot mess." the website is a hot mess. again, i totally understand why an indie would be hesitant to take down a site that functions without issues and lose money in the time it takes to switch to a newer, prettier platform, but it is a pain to navigate.

- my sample order arrived within a few days, but it took about a week for them to ship out my second order containing a munchkin size of korat plus some blush and highlighter samples. this is pretty much par for the course when you shop with indies (i've had to wait a month with some companies), but if you've never shopped indie before, you're going to get agitated. this ain't no amazon prime. meow cosmetics clearly states their turnaround time on their customer service page, and i found my orders took less time to get to me than the stated TAT both times.

cons:

- very slightly itchy if you use it on your bare skin. it doesn't cause me physical skin irritation and the sensation goes away pretty quickly, but if you're sensitive to face-feels or tend to develop rashes from irritation, you might want to stay away. however, i've had zero problems or itchiness just using it as a setting powder over liquid, so keep that in mind.

- if you're as blemishy and blotchy and unevenly skintoned as me, you know that any powder foundation that advertises as full coverage is going to be light-medium at absolute best. it's the same thing here: if you use this powder on its own and you want full coverage, you're going to have to layer it multiple tones, which is going to start to look noticeably powder after two layers. if you're looking for medium coverage, you're good to go, but if you're buying full coverage for actual full coverage, you're going to want to layer this over your liquid.

caveats:

- ORDER SAMPLES. order samples if you aren't already matched to a meow color and order samples if you aren't sure of your coverage. color matches do NOT carry over to other coverages, so if you're a perfect 5 mau in full coverage and decide you want to switch, you are going to be SOL if you order a full size jar of 5 mau in light coverage and discover it doesn't match. they don't take returns and they aren't as willing to bend over backwards like other indies, so don't expect to get your money back if you order a mismatch and sheepishly ask for a refund.

- this goes double for darker skinned women! meow tends to jump shades for darker skintones, so order a sample in the shade you think you are, plus one step lighter and one step darker. you may very well have to mix shades in order to get the right color for you.

on 2/27/2017 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

So I got this in 2 Manx after much consideration from all the swatches I've tried out on my first buy, which were just endless bags of foundation.

Shipping took 3 weeks or so to reach Singapore, inc 1 week of processing time which was decent enough, so no complaints on service.

I had never really tried out any loose foundations before so this is my first try to loose mineral foundations, but the reason why I got this was because I found Sephora's 8hr wear mattifying compact foundation this other day and 20 was exACTLY my shade so I ended up getting it. It contained bismuth oxychloride, which breaks my skin out like crazy. Thus began the quest for a powder foundation that won't break my skin out. Meow cosmetics was somehow this highly raved indie company well known for their endless shades of color and amazing formulation, so I thought, why not? I was exploring more and more on indie makeup anyway.

The thing is it wasn't really my shade, which was my own mistake so hahaha I'll just review on the formula itself, ignoring that it's not my shade. I'll get another one here that's my shade again, which I suspect more to be a naughty angora now, or try out other companies as there are a few things I did not quite like with the formula, but the pros are really good.

Pros:
-Incredibly heavy coverage for a powder, little goes a long way
-Gives off a really lustrous healthy glow that looks AMAzINg instead of a flat matte look
-Incredibly affordable as compared to many brands in the market
-Packaging is good and sturdy, product disperses through the sifter in a reasonable amount so I don't take the sifter off like I do in many brands
-Blends into the skin really well once set
-Plenty of free shipping offers on site!
-Huge selection of shades, take note that light shades are really light though so if you're normally a 2 or 20 on other brands, meow offers your shade more in a 3 or 4.
-Cat.

Cons:
-Somehow scratchy when first applied, but melts into skin
-Careful not to apply too much product as it cakes up pretty easily
-Waiting game for international buyers due to shipping (1st buy on huge amt of samples which took 3 weeks and another 3 weeks for the shade you think you are = 1.5 months worth a wait!)
-Incredibly outdated web design. Pretty nice nostalgia on childhood when Neopets was a hit.

Overall quite a good foundation, but there's more to try out from this brand too. Their eyeshadows are amazing, I ended up getting a full size of buck naked after trying out a sample, it's now my everyday eye color.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Not really a fan of this or the company.

It took the company 7 days to fulfill my order. They also require a $10 minimum purchase in addition to charging quite a bit on shipping- more than they actually need to spend to ship an item.
Their samples were kind of chintzy. I have used Alima in the past and they will give you mini pots, but Meow just puts them in ziploc baggies. It seems petty but it affects how messy and functional the product is. I tried the flawless version of the foundation and found it really powdery. Believe me, there are mineral powders out there that melt into your skin. Much of it has to do with the milling process of the foundation. The finish on this left me powdery, with no coverage, and it clung to my dry skin.
Also, regarding the milling process. I know that Meow sells these 3 oz, mega jars of foundation. I am sure they are less expensive than other brands, but because the foundation is not finally milled you will use much more to get the coverage of a higher quality foundation.

on 10/5/2016 6:40:00 AM

I like it really much. I have tried many, many foundations. Some of them were really expensive(Kanebo,Guerlain..) some of them were quite cheap. I tried also some of mineraal foundations -but that was something absolutelly not for me-till I discovered Meow Felline!
Why 4 stars not 5 ? only because to find the right colour I need to order many samples and then mix them to find the right colour. I can not buy just one and be happy! :( and this is only one thing what I dont like, the rest is great.
Felline cover very, very good, you will get super flawless skin. It is the most natural make up I have ever tried! I love to look natural and not like a doll with full cover face.
Ingredients are super , every day your skin looks better and better.
Ideal for people with sensitive, allergic skin.
This is not longterm foundation but on my mix combination skin is the same for 8-9 hours.
I have the feeling that with every hour looks even better!
If you dont like (at the beginning) matt finish look -u can use thermal water to spray all over your face.
I really recommend it.
Service is also very , very good. I order it from USA web page and I have it in Amsterdam after 1 week.
great product

I was on the hunt for a cruelty-free, mineral, medium to full coverage foundation. As a former bare minerals matte user, I was ready to try something more cost effective. The 3 oz jar from Meow is $40 (it's HUGE) vs. the 0.2 oz jar from BE for $28.50. That's a massive savings!

I chose Flawless Feline to get the most coverage. It applies smoothly and wears well throughout the day. I can get pretty full coverage from this if I layer it, but I tend to use it with concealer on problem areas. I am not about the powdery look, so all I do is set with a finishing spray and it really melds everything into my skin. I also like how this foundation works on top of a pore filling primer (when I use them together, my pores are basically invisible). Basically, if you've ever liked a mineral foundation, you will love this!

The biggest drawback to that is that you must order samples from Meow to find your color (10 bucks and a few more for shipping). But, the color range is massive and caters to humans of all colors and undertones! It's a bit of a process and a waiting game to finally get your color match. But still...think how much you'll be saving not having to buy a new jar from BE every month!

The other drawbacks are slightly petty. The packaging is not going to look sleek on your vanity as it has a big cartoon cat on it. The huge powder jar does have a sifter, but not nearly as awesome as the BE twisty caps. My solution for you is to simply refill your old BE sifter jars with your new Meow foundation.

You can also feel good purchasing from a made in the USA, cruelty-free indie brand.

I LOVE this product! I always thought mineral foundations would dry my skin out. I've used Maybelline liquid up until now. However, I started hating the way my skin looked without foundation. It looked splotchy and uneven, and I found myself applying more and more makeup just to hide it. My face would feel greasy and heavy with Maybelline, though it looked pretty nice.

I ordered Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline foundation in Sleek Sphynx (I bought a full sized order without trying out samples, but it worked for me!) It has such a soft, natural finish that looks amazing in natural daylight. My skin looks and feels healthier, even though I've only been using it a few days. It pretty must lasts throughout the day; with Maybelline, I would find myself reapplying maybe once a day, but with Meow, that's not necessary anymore. My skin doesn't look cakey; it just looks glowy, soft, and moisturized!

Many other mineral makeup brands have fillers. I've tried others, and never received the same feel as Meow. i was surprised by the fantastic coverage; it takes several coats to be substantial - three or four, maybe - but to me, it's worth it. This is huge coming from a die-hard liquid foundation fan!

I recommend spraying your face with rosewater before applying the foundation. :) It adds a special glow.

Great product, and I don't think I'm ever going back to any other brand! I strongly recommend! It's worth the investment, and it's better for your skin in the long run. :)

on 1/25/2016 1:42:00 PM

I have been using the Pampered Puss foundation (medium coverage) and love it but wanted to try the Flawless Feline for more coverage. I wear Frisky Siamese in the PP and ordered the same shade for FF. I'm not sure if it's because it's a denser formulation, but the shade looks significantly lighter in FF compared to PP. It's not the perfect match that Pampered Puss was for me, but I can make it work with some bronzer and a layer of PP over the FF (sorry about all the abbreviations haha). So that's something to be aware of when ordering! It's also slightly more expensive than the PP, but still a good value.

Aside from that, I am loving Flawless Feline as well. I use just a tiny bit on my brush and buff pretty intensely and it spreads very finely over my skin, melting into oblivion and covering very well by the time I'm through. If you want to take it to 100% full coverage, it will definitely look slightly patchy and powdery, but this light application - followed by a layer of the Pampered Puss and a smidge of their Top Cat finishing powder - creates a very even, satiny complexion for me with great oil control that lasts all day.

I've had zero breakouts from Meow products. I'm not a natural makeup junkie by any means but I really appreciate that I can look at the ingredients list and accurately gauge that nothing will irritate my skin. I also love that I don't NEED to double cleanse to get this stuff off at the end of the day, even though it has great longevity!

Worst online company I have had to deal with EVER!
Placed a large order on this website. They sent me the order after 3 weeks of waiting. One of the items I ordered was defective and not as described. I let them know sent them 4 emails and heard back from them about 2 weeks later. Their response was that they couldn't care less. They told me that they couldn't accept the item back. Thankfully I paid with PayPal. Filed a dispute and PayPal helped me get my money back and get the defective item back to them. I got an email from them telling me they are going to send me to collections now which is ridiculous and that they are going to cancel any future or present orders from me, my IP address or my mailing address as they don't want to sell anymore products to me because of this. Well they don't have to worry I won't ever be purchasing any products from them ever again or let alone recommend them. I don't usually tend to leave reviews, but I just had to write this because I wish I would have know how little this company cares about their customers and how bad their customer support is. Please beware and stay away! Trust me their are far better companies out there with better makeup/beauty products that actually care for their customers.

on 3/23/2015 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been a long time user of Meow's Purrfect Puss foundation but lately I've been searching for a full coverage foundation and decided to try Flawless Feline. OMG, this is the BEST! I ordered the same shade I was in PP and it was perfect. I apply it with the elf powder brush and I get the full coverage I need. I don't even need a separate concealer. I couldn't believe the quick full coverage I got by this one product plus it gives a natural flawless finish. Doesn't look cakey, shiney or accentuates my large pores. I love it!