Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline Mineral Foundation

3.8

Mica, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide, Boron Nitride, Iron Oxides

I was on the hunt for a cruelty-free, mineral, medium to full coverage foundation. As a former bare minerals matte user, I was ready to try something more cost effective. The 3 oz jar from Meow is $40 (it's HUGE) vs. the 0.2 oz jar from BE for $28.50. That's a massive savings!

I chose Flawless Feline to get the most coverage. It applies smoothly and wears well throughout the day. I can get pretty full coverage from this if I layer it, but I tend to use it with concealer on problem areas. I am not about the powdery look, so all I do is set with a finishing spray and it really melds everything into my skin. I also like how this foundation works on top of a pore filling primer (when I use them together, my pores are basically invisible). Basically, if you've ever liked a mineral foundation, you will love this!

The biggest drawback to that is that you must order samples from Meow to find your color (10 bucks and a few more for shipping). But, the color range is massive and caters to humans of all colors and undertones! It's a bit of a process and a waiting game to finally get your color match. But still...think how much you'll be saving not having to buy a new jar from BE every month!

The other drawbacks are slightly petty. The packaging is not going to look sleek on your vanity as it has a big cartoon cat on it. The huge powder jar does have a sifter, but not nearly as awesome as the BE twisty caps. My solution for you is to simply refill your old BE sifter jars with your new Meow foundation.

You can also feel good purchasing from a made in the USA, cruelty-free indie brand.

I LOVE this product! I always thought mineral foundations would dry my skin out. I've used Maybelline liquid up until now. However, I started hating the way my skin looked without foundation. It looked splotchy and uneven, and I found myself applying more and more makeup just to hide it. My face would feel greasy and heavy with Maybelline, though it looked pretty nice.

I ordered Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline foundation in Sleek Sphynx (I bought a full sized order without trying out samples, but it worked for me!) It has such a soft, natural finish that looks amazing in natural daylight. My skin looks and feels healthier, even though I've only been using it a few days. It pretty must lasts throughout the day; with Maybelline, I would find myself reapplying maybe once a day, but with Meow, that's not necessary anymore. My skin doesn't look cakey; it just looks glowy, soft, and moisturized!

Many other mineral makeup brands have fillers. I've tried others, and never received the same feel as Meow. i was surprised by the fantastic coverage; it takes several coats to be substantial - three or four, maybe - but to me, it's worth it. This is huge coming from a die-hard liquid foundation fan!

I recommend spraying your face with rosewater before applying the foundation. :) It adds a special glow.

Great product, and I don't think I'm ever going back to any other brand! I strongly recommend! It's worth the investment, and it's better for your skin in the long run. :)

To Read all 78 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/25/2016 1:42:00 PM

I have been using the Pampered Puss foundation (medium coverage) and love it but wanted to try the Flawless Feline for more coverage. I wear Frisky Siamese in the PP and ordered the same shade for FF. I'm not sure if it's because it's a denser formulation, but the shade looks significantly lighter in FF compared to PP. It's not the perfect match that Pampered Puss was for me, but I can make it work with some bronzer and a layer of PP over the FF (sorry about all the abbreviations haha). So that's something to be aware of when ordering! It's also slightly more expensive than the PP, but still a good value.

Aside from that, I am loving Flawless Feline as well. I use just a tiny bit on my brush and buff pretty intensely and it spreads very finely over my skin, melting into oblivion and covering very well by the time I'm through. If you want to take it to 100% full coverage, it will definitely look slightly patchy and powdery, but this light application - followed by a layer of the Pampered Puss and a smidge of their Top Cat finishing powder - creates a very even, satiny complexion for me with great oil control that lasts all day.

I've had zero breakouts from Meow products. I'm not a natural makeup junkie by any means but I really appreciate that I can look at the ingredients list and accurately gauge that nothing will irritate my skin. I also love that I don't NEED to double cleanse to get this stuff off at the end of the day, even though it has great longevity!

Worst online company I have had to deal with EVER!
Placed a large order on this website. They sent me the order after 3 weeks of waiting. One of the items I ordered was defective and not as described. I let them know sent them 4 emails and heard back from them about 2 weeks later. Their response was that they couldn't care less. They told me that they couldn't accept the item back. Thankfully I paid with PayPal. Filed a dispute and PayPal helped me get my money back and get the defective item back to them. I got an email from them telling me they are going to send me to collections now which is ridiculous and that they are going to cancel any future or present orders from me, my IP address or my mailing address as they don't want to sell anymore products to me because of this. Well they don't have to worry I won't ever be purchasing any products from them ever again or let alone recommend them. I don't usually tend to leave reviews, but I just had to write this because I wish I would have know how little this company cares about their customers and how bad their customer support is. Please beware and stay away! Trust me their are far better companies out there with better makeup/beauty products that actually care for their customers.

on 3/23/2015 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been a long time user of Meow's Purrfect Puss foundation but lately I've been searching for a full coverage foundation and decided to try Flawless Feline. OMG, this is the BEST! I ordered the same shade I was in PP and it was perfect. I apply it with the elf powder brush and I get the full coverage I need. I don't even need a separate concealer. I couldn't believe the quick full coverage I got by this one product plus it gives a natural flawless finish. Doesn't look cakey, shiney or accentuates my large pores. I love it!

on 3/12/2015 3:01:00 AM

I really really hoped I would love this product but...I just cant : (

After trying the pampered puss version I decided to order some samples in the flawless feline version because my skin did not like pampered puss... unfortunately, while this flawless feline formula was less irritating on my skin than the pampered puss formula (go figure!) I just do not like how this sits on my skin. I have dry-combination type skin and this just does not meld into my skin at all...it just kind of sits ontop of my skin and looks powdery all day long, I do not like that look! I also didn't find that this was full coverage at all for me, even after layering I could only get medium coverage out of it.

I found a great color match in the Manx line however, but I just think I will give up on meow cosmetics and look else where...Plus I feel that I wasted 30 dollars (because you HAVE to have a $10 minimum order which sucks when you just want to sample some shades..) trying to sample everything when I was so hopeful in finding something that would work for me : (

Sorry meow, you just arent for me at all.

Pros
-so many shades to choose
-simple ingredients
-3 different formulas to choose

cons
-only medium coverage (not full as claimed)
-powdery/dry looking on my skin
-doesnt meld into the skin
-expensive sampling

on 2/23/2015 2:35:00 PM

I live in the UK and have tried every foundation and every bb cream. My skin is very oily with terrible acne in the past. I use the same brand primer and top coat for the past 3 or 4 months. I find this is the only foundation that has not broken me out and reduces how oily I am. I'm not looking for my scars to be covered, my main aim is not to add more acne. As this has not broken me out this is fine, I only need to blot once and that's only for special occasions and not as much as before. I can go to bed and when I wash there is makeup to remove, previously all my foundation's would be long gone by 1pm, mainly on my phone. Yes I can look a bit chalky for the first 30 mins after I apply but then my skin looks fine. If I reapply for a special occasion and want to go straight out I just either mist with toner or put my clean, warm palms on my face to help it settle more quickly. The match of the colour is amazing and worth the effort of ordering the samples. If you have acne made worse by foundations I can't recommend this enough, first time I've felt like I'm using a foundation that makes my skin better not worse. I've used Liz Earl, Channel, Estee Lauder, Clinique, Bare Minerals and Laura Gellar to name but a few, none stuck and some really aggravate my skin. If I really wanted to their concealer does cover my red old scars but they don't bother me enough to bother.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Meow Cosmetics Flawless Feline claims "Flawless Feline provides complete coverage with no stiff, chalky feeling. It's wonderful slip , easy melt, and glorious texture will make you feel as though you have nothing on."

While this might hold true for people with normal-to-oily skin types, with my dehydrated-to-normal skin type, I could definitely feel that I had foundation on when I tried a sample of this product. I have to moisturize heavily for it to look non-chalky, and it doesn't melt into my skin ever. However, it is the only full coverage powder foundation I've encountered and that alone is impressive. I didn't realize that powder foundation could offer as much coverage as liquid/cream counterparts. I've tried various ones that claim to have high coverage and find those formulas are more similar to the other (lower coverage) formulas available from Meow Cosmetics.

Ultimately, this product is not for me but if you are looking for a full coverage powder foundation then this would be worth a shot.

This is an absolute HG foundation for me. I use the flawless feline foundation in sleek chausie.

The color chart on their website is helpful and I was able to find a great match after ordering a few samples. They have comparisons to popular brands' foundation shades to give you an idea of where to start and there is a large selection of colors. There are several different undertones (cool pink, warm pink, beige, olive, etc.) and each of those is offered in 6 different shades. I have trouble finding foundations pale enough for me but I am actually not the lightest shade in this brand.

The coverage is the best of any mineral make up I have tried, including BE and EDM. I don't think powders can achieve as heavy coverage as liquid or cream foundations, but this is pretty good and very buildable. It does start to look powdery if too much is applied. I apply with a kabuki brush and it covers small pimples/ discolorations, but not under eye circles or very red spots.

My skin tends to be very sensitive and I have not had any problems with this product. It has not caused any breakouts of irritation for me. With BE I had a lot of itching.

Overall this is a good every-day foundation for me. It is easy and quick to apply, lasts all day, and gives nice medium coverage that looks like natural skin. I have been using it for several months and still have a ton left in the container. I will re-purchase!

on 7/21/2014 10:19:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Two layers of this applied with a flat top powder brush and I almost have full coverage, I feel confident wearing this alone. Alright oil control (not the best but still decent) and no breakouts. I just don't like the loose powder form but it's worth the sacrifice seeing as I don't need to reapply during the day and of course the colour selection is extraordinary for pale skin. I wear The 0 Siamese shade.