Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation

Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation
Ultra Powder FoundationUltra Powder FoundationUltra Powder Foundation

4.4

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Methicone, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Proplyparaben, Fragrance (Parfum) 101905.

I have been wearing Merle Norman make up for about 15 years (I'm 31) and love it! This powder is my go to and prefect for long days. It's is a medium coverage but is buildable to become full coverage. Excellent oil control with a minor touch up after work.

on 7/22/2016 1:25:00 PM

Make up alley really is a great site. I never would have known about the Merle Norman cake foundation. It really covers well without caking just like the reviews stated.

on 4/30/2016 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I rediscovered this foundation recently, at least 15 years after I first tried it, and was amazed at the very reasonable price point compared to some of the other foundations I've used over the past few years. It goes on smoothly and quickly and gives lovely, medium-to-full coverage. It lasts a full day with minimal touchups. Normally I dislike "luminous" or "light reflecting" foundations but this is just satiny enough to give my face a subtle glow. Ultra Powder has made my morning routine a little easier and prettier, and I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I would of never known about this wonderful powder foundation if it wasn't for MUA! I have very oily skin, and many foundations that claim to be long lasting never live up to its claim. This however, lasts a full 8 hours with minimal shine and fading! I haven't tried wearing this full coverage with the sponge it comes with, but I apply this with a small kabuki brush for a light/medium coverage that still hides the redness on my face. There's a slight sent to it that's kind of a sweet smell, but is not offensive at all. For all those oily girls out there I highly recommend trying this!

on 2/7/2016 9:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This is a fantastic foundation. Great coverage and stays on.

on 10/25/2015 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this foundation for over 6 years. It overall is the best powder foundation for my oily t-zone skin. It does not oxidize. I go back and forth between several colors. I have tried pretty much every powder foundation out there from high end to drug store and the rest do not stack up. I always try something else then end up coming back to MN. It goes on smooth and unless it is super humid or hot I am not shiny in my t-zone. I wish it had a little more staying power in the hot weather. I usually use the sponge it comes with then touch up with a brush. Coverage is pretty good but not too heavy. It is not perfect but close to perfect considering all of the foundations I have tried but keep coming back. Price is average it is around $30 for a compact it lasts me over a month. They just updated their compact and I had a couple that broke that I had to take back but they said they have fixed the problem with their compacts. Excellent customer service at MN and the ladies are always super sweet in the store.

on 8/22/2015 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

There were so many positive reviews about this powder, I thought I'd try it out.

It does not control oil. At least on me. One can't keep re-powdering their face with this; there's too much pigment in it and you'll look a bit cakey if you do.

I prefer a more fine-textured powder; this one's a little too heavy for me. The scent is too much for me; very old-lady like.

Disappointed and $40 CAD lighter. Won't be going into Merle Norman again.

on 9/13/2014 6:54:00 PM

This is my all time favorite powder foundation. Ever. I constantly try new products but there is nothing that compares to this powder foundation. I wear it over liquid foundation and it makes it LAST. I was a waitress for two years who worked double shifts almost everyday and it kept my makeup in place, even through sweat, humidity, and heat. The finish that this powder leaves is amazing. I constantly get compliments on how beautiful my "skin" is and I give all the credit to Merle Norman! If you haven't tried their products, please do! You will be so satisfied!

on 4/26/2014 10:33:00 PM

I normally wear loose mineral powder foundations, and I was looking for something more convenient and less messy. I paid $25 at my local Merle Norman, which seemed like a good value for the amount you get. I wasn't too impressed with it though. It looked dry and cakey on me. It also has a strong fragrance to it, which doesn't really smell bad, but I'd prefer not to have a fragrance in my makeup. I decided to take it back for a refund and keep looking.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I never would have known about this powder foundation had it not been for MUA. I tracked down a store while on vacation and bought the color Chiffon for my light, cool toned complexion. I could have gone a shade lighter for winter but it's fine. It doesn't make me break out and lasts well enough for a powder foundation. I HATE the fragrance. Bleh. May try the Lancome soon but this is an option to be kept in reserve! Not bad, longest lasting I've found so far.
Update 4/2014
Still using this and have noticed it lasts almost as long as a liquid but is keeping the shine down (well, as much as anything can) better than any liquid I've ever owned. I'm so impressed - better than powder foundations from Shiseido and Lancome and is lasting forever in the compact. I will buy again!