Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation

Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation
Ultra Powder FoundationUltra Powder FoundationUltra Powder Foundation

4.4

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Methicone, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Proplyparaben, Fragrance (Parfum) 101905.

on 9/15/2017 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product' just know its hard to find "( but one tip you can do phone orders only or go to the studios. I like to go to the El Cajon location its $30 plus tax/ship' of course but so worth it to try, it lasts forever so I thought I'd share because there isn't a lot of info. about this wonderful company.
So, I have norm. skin this stuff is awesome for everyone tho I have all my friends wearing this powder it works with ur skin and another tip you can set it with a setting spray if ur dry. And if your oily it jus morphs into your skin and works' it just works!!
A+ from me! THnx for letting me share hope it helps you guys and gals

Hg foundation powder for my combo- older skin! I've tried most powders - JI, Armani, d/s, and this is the best. I'm nc15 & Ultra Cameo is a match, package lasts awhile too.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Not what I expected from reading the reviews. Finish is flat and lifeless. Not modern at all and very obvious on the skin. It definitely has coverage, but the kind of coverage that adds ten years to the complexion. Even when using a fluffy powder brush I just could not get on board. Just not milled enough or something. Thick and obvious. Very 90's.

on 4/29/2017 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this for about six weeks, and I love it. I'm a working mom, so I need something quick and easy that will make me look polished. I'm not one who goes for all the strobing/contouring/sparkle (hey, if you've got the time and energy for all that---more power to you) I can apply this after my sunscreen and my skin looks nice all day. I love the packaging, and I don't notice a fragrance at all. (Maybe the formula has been updated?) It controls oil for me without being too matte. The compact comes with a sponge applicator, and the compact is well-designed and easy to toss into your purse for touch-ups. (Not that I have time!) I'm fair/light, and I use Ultra Chiffon, a perfect match for me. Will definitely repurchase.

on 9/12/2017 10:32:00 PM

I have used every powder foundation under the sun. This has been the best!!!!

I've been using this foundation in Ultra Fair for several years, and I sometimes stray and try other brands, but I always come back to this one. I apply it with a damp wedge sponge for full coverage and don't have to retouch at all during the day. Amazing. The color (which I think is on the neutral side) is a perfect match for my very fair complexion. I think it could work as a great setting powder (applied with a fluffy brush or the supplied sponge in the bottom of the compact) over liquid foundation.

MN revamped the compact a couple of years ago, and while I do like it, it's more bulky than the thinner case in originally came in. That said, it is a great product that I will continue too buy over and over.

on 4/30/2016 6:56:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I rediscovered this foundation recently, at least 15 years after I first tried it, and was amazed at the very reasonable price point compared to some of the other foundations I've used over the past few years. It goes on smoothly and quickly and gives lovely, medium-to-full coverage. It lasts a full day with minimal touchups. Normally I dislike "luminous" or "light reflecting" foundations but this is just satiny enough to give my face a subtle glow. Ultra Powder has made my morning routine a little easier and prettier, and I will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I would of never known about this wonderful powder foundation if it wasn't for MUA! I have very oily skin, and many foundations that claim to be long lasting never live up to its claim. This however, lasts a full 8 hours with minimal shine and fading! I haven't tried wearing this full coverage with the sponge it comes with, but I apply this with a small kabuki brush for a light/medium coverage that still hides the redness on my face. There's a slight sent to it that's kind of a sweet smell, but is not offensive at all. For all those oily girls out there I highly recommend trying this!

on 7/22/2016 1:25:00 PM

Make up alley really is a great site. I never would have known about the Merle Norman cake foundation. It really covers well without caking just like the reviews stated.

I have been wearing Merle Norman make up for about 15 years (I'm 31) and love it! This powder is my go to and prefect for long days. It's is a medium coverage but is buildable to become full coverage. Excellent oil control with a minor touch up after work.