Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation

Merle Norman Ultra Powder Foundation
Ultra Powder FoundationUltra Powder FoundationUltra Powder Foundation

4.4

Mica, Talc, Dimethicone, Nylon-12, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77489, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Methicone, Tocopheryl Linoleate, Imidazolidinyl Urea, Ethylparaben, Methylparaben, Proplyparaben, Fragrance (Parfum) 101905.

This is absolutely the best powder foundation I have ever used. I use it with tinted moisturizer as a foundation and lightly on top of my Merle Norman Lasting Foundation to set it and it gives a flawless look. It does not settle in my pores or streak. It's a good even med-full foundation. I use it with a powder puff instead of the sponge and it does great.

I know this is alot to ask but can anyone list the Ultra Powder from lightest to darkest? I can't seem to find it. I wore it years ago and would like to try it again. I believe I wore Ultra Ivory and have just purchased it in Cameo.

Any comments would be MUCH appreciated :-))).

on 2/13/2018 8:47:00 AM

I decided to try this foundation at a local Merle Norman location after reading the great reviews here. I like that it is a powder foundation with medium coverage, but can be built to full coverage if needed. I like to apply it with a Kabuki brush over Merle Norman's CC Cream. My 19 year old daughter tried my MN Ultra Powder Foundation and has also become a devotee. Even she agrees that the $30 price tag is not bad at all, considering the quality of the product and how long it lasts. We both like that it does not oxidize / turn orange-y like some other foundations can do.

The only downside to this product that I can see is that it IS really matte/flat, and when you are pushing 50 as I am, that is not always a good thing! I find that I need to use highlighter / luminizer to "liven up" my complexion.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I've used this powder since I began wearing make up over 10 years ago and have never thought about switching to a different product. The packaging is hard plastic and I drop my compact all the time and the powder never breaks. I use this as a setting powder because I like full coverage. In the summer months or when I'm having a good skin day, I'll dampen the sponge that comes with the powder and use it to apply the powder and it looks like a very natural coverage. The powder lasts me forever, too. I think I paid around $36 for it last time which is expensive, but this product can be used as a foundation or setting powder and gives amazing coverage so I don't mind spending that much at all.

on 9/15/2017 2:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Love this product' just know its hard to find "( but one tip you can do phone orders only or go to the studios. I like to go to the El Cajon location its $30 plus tax/ship' of course but so worth it to try, it lasts forever so I thought I'd share because there isn't a lot of info. about this wonderful company.
So, I have norm. skin this stuff is awesome for everyone tho I have all my friends wearing this powder it works with ur skin and another tip you can set it with a setting spray if ur dry. And if your oily it jus morphs into your skin and works' it just works!!
A+ from me! THnx for letting me share hope it helps you guys and gals

Hg foundation powder for my combo- older skin! I've tried most powders - JI, Armani, d/s, and this is the best. I'm nc15 & Ultra Cameo is a match, package lasts awhile too.

on 9/12/2017 10:32:00 PM

I have used every powder foundation under the sun. This has been the best!!!!

I've been using this foundation in Ultra Fair for several years, and I sometimes stray and try other brands, but I always come back to this one. I apply it with a damp wedge sponge for full coverage and don't have to retouch at all during the day. Amazing. The color (which I think is on the neutral side) is a perfect match for my very fair complexion. I think it could work as a great setting powder (applied with a fluffy brush or the supplied sponge in the bottom of the compact) over liquid foundation.

MN revamped the compact a couple of years ago, and while I do like it, it's more bulky than the thinner case in originally came in. That said, it is a great product that I will continue too buy over and over.

on 4/29/2017 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I've been using this for about six weeks, and I love it. I'm a working mom, so I need something quick and easy that will make me look polished. I'm not one who goes for all the strobing/contouring/sparkle (hey, if you've got the time and energy for all that---more power to you) I can apply this after my sunscreen and my skin looks nice all day. I love the packaging, and I don't notice a fragrance at all. (Maybe the formula has been updated?) It controls oil for me without being too matte. The compact comes with a sponge applicator, and the compact is well-designed and easy to toss into your purse for touch-ups. (Not that I have time!) I'm fair/light, and I use Ultra Chiffon, a perfect match for me. Will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Not what I expected from reading the reviews. Finish is flat and lifeless. Not modern at all and very obvious on the skin. It definitely has coverage, but the kind of coverage that adds ten years to the complexion. Even when using a fluffy powder brush I just could not get on board. Just not milled enough or something. Thick and obvious. Very 90's.