Kate Somerville Exfolikate

3.8

Water, Lactic Acid, Polyethylene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Pectin, Carica Papaya Fruit, Lactobacillus/Cucurbita Pepo Fruit, Ferment Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Papain, Bromelain, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Mel, Acetic Acid, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Salicylic Acid, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cinnamal, Potassium Sorbate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamal, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Beta-Carotene (CI 75130), Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex (CI 75810). 6/26/09

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I think this product may be overhyped. I didn't see any changes after using & it made my face itchy.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

Exfoliated my face just fine, but It broke my face out in tiny pimples.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

I find ExfoliKate to be a slightly above average exfoliator. It doesn't get my face totally smooth, but I'm working with sun damaged, acne-prone skin with surface dryness and texture issues. Maybe it's how hard I'm pressing, but ExfoliKate can start feeling pretty intense after a minute of rubbing it in. I don't mind feeling the burn and I love the scent.
I probably won't repurchase because it's expensive and I don't think it provides exfoliation that I can't get anywhere else. If a free mini happened to find its way to me, I'd happily use it.
I do agree with patch testing to make sure you're not allergic to this product. I avoided ExfoliKate for years because I thought I'd be allergic to it, but I was happy to find that it didn't bother me any more than anything else does.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was okay nothing special and smells awful, it's also kind of drying.

This is the worst product I have ever used! I used in last night and when I woke up this morning my face was so itchy and red, rashes all over. I go a super bad allergic reaction and my skin is not even that sensitive. The whole day I kept trying not to touch my face at work because it was hurting and itching so badly. Be VERY careful and do a patch test before you try. Never thought this would happen to me! Thumbs down :(

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This stuff ROCKS. I first got a sample, then bought the smallest size, then the two oz., then the five oz. I LOVE IT. I am 48 with VERY fair dry skin. I don't just use this as a short treatment (although sometimes I do). A lot of times I scrub it on my face dry and let it sit for a couple of hours. Then I add water and let it sit for the recommended time. Some people may find this irritating, but I have sensitive skin (as pale as you can get short of being albino), and it works really well for me. Once water is added it becomes more intense. But it has lactic acid as a top ingredient and other good ingredients. So it is an amazing physical and chemical exfoliator. I read a review where someone said to go with the body version and save money. DO NOT. I have the body version (I keep it in the shower), and while I will use it up, I will not repurchase. They are COMPLETELY different products. And this original ExfoliaKate (not the gentle version), I love and will continue buying. It makes my skin smoother and more refined. It's the real deal.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got a small sample size for my birthday(which is why i put 1 lippie for price bc it was free) and used it last night. I'm 19, and have Asian oily skin and am a bit acne prone (used to have real bad acne but getting better) and I'm surprised at how good my skin feels at the moment! I only used it because i felt like my skin had some bumps under the skin so gave it a shot. I used it as per instructions, massage it for 30 sec and leave it on for 2 mins. After washing it and getting out of the shower, face seemed a bit red but felt quite clean. I didn't experience the burning/tingling sensation that some people seem to be experiencing, perhaps it could be dependent on how sensitive your skin might be! When I woke up this morning, my face actually looked more radiant and the bumps under my skin were surprisingly gone!

This is only after one use, but if it all goes well in my next use i might purchase the bottle and will continue updating! But so far, it's a great exfoliator without being too harsh or strips my moisture! :)

Not sure why this crap is rated so high. I received a deluxe sample from Sephora so not sure about the price although I do know it is expensive. First off, it STINKS. Secondly, other than making my skin feel tight, didn't notice any other effect. Also found the color off putting.

I guess I will be in the minority and say that I do not like this product. This is a $24 for 15ml tube of green goop that is supposed to be both physical and enzyme exfoliator that will "SEEMINGLY take away years (of what?) in just two minutes". You are supposed to massage it into your skin a bit, and then leave it on as a mask for up to two minutes. The "microbeads" are really fine, so it doesn't scratch and feel painful. The second phase - keeping it on as a mask for a few minutes - can actually feel really uncomfortable. It burns a bit for me, and even when I wash it off, the burning sensation stays behind for about an hour or so. And I don't know if it is just me, but it leaves a weird oily film on my skin. I find myself rinsing my face twice as much as I normally do, just to get all of it off. Yes, it makes the skin soft and smooth, but ultimately the price tag does not justify the quality.

This mask is amazing!
After using this mask, my skin feels super smooth and clean.
My skin feels just like after a professional treatment.
The price is a little bit off-putting, but I could not find anything similar until now...