Kate Somerville Exfolikate

3.9

Water, Lactic Acid, Polyethylene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Pectin, Carica Papaya Fruit, Lactobacillus/Cucurbita Pepo Fruit, Ferment Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Papain, Bromelain, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Mel, Acetic Acid, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Salicylic Acid, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cinnamal, Potassium Sorbate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamal, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Beta-Carotene (CI 75130), Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex (CI 75810). 6/26/09

This mask is amazing!
After using this mask, my skin feels super smooth and clean.
My skin feels just like after a professional treatment.
The price is a little bit off-putting, but I could not find anything similar until now...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hello soft, smooth skin! Not surprised by all the good reviews here. This stuff is amazing--wonderful, grassy smell; great exfoliating (I have the Intensive Exfoliator); leaves skin feeling wonderful. This stuff is $$$$$ but it works. I use it once or twice per month, so expect it will last a while. Highly recommended.

To Read all 260 Reviews, Login or Join

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This stuff burned like fire! I know you're supposed to feel a little something when you exfoliate, but this was too much. I only had a mini tube from the sample rack at Sephora, so I tried to finish it. But I kept dreading using it so much because of the burn that I eventually threw it out about half way through.
When I watch the models on QVC demonstrate using it, I can only marvel at how they remain so calm with lava on their faces...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got the delux sample of this from Sephora and it has lasted me for aggggessss. You only need a little bit. It is non abrasive and smells good. Does a good job of what it is meant to do. I leave it on for a couple of minutes (as advised) and can feel it working. I would probably not leave it on for too long if you have sensitive skin as it does give a tingle on my non-sensitive skin, so it may sting a little? But I think it would still be fine to use. Fine for dry skin as long as you moisturise after using. Will most likely buy the full size.

Wow!! I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and it's amazing!!. I am NEVER wowed by anything and usually just end up buying drugstore brand stuff. My face is somewhat sensitive combination/oily, I used a face wipe to take off my makeup then instead of using my clarisonic I tried this, it made me feel refreshed straight away! I massaged it in for 30 seconds then let it sit for 2 minutes as per the instructions. I rinsed it off with warm water then with cold water. I went to my room and my face definitely looked smoother and As I was looking in the mirror I noticed some white heads peeking out! I was like what?! So I grabbed my extractors and was able to get out some white heads!, I wasn't even able to do that by steaming my face! I was actually gonna throw my extractors away haha. So yes I am amazed! And I will be buying more!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing! You can feel the difference after just one use! I have been using it for about 4 weeks now and my skin is noticeably smoother. I will purchase this again when I run out. Its 85 dollars, but you can get a kit on the Kate Sommerville website that basically comes with a free face cleaner. They work really well together!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this on a total whim, after a really bad experience with the highly-raved-about Tatcha deep enzyme rice powder. That stuff was a hot mess, left me dry and peel for days afterward. I had a friend who has gorgeous and credits this stuff, so after my poor skin recovered, I went to Sephora and actually found a gift set for $68 with a full-sized (normally $85) tube, AND a full size gentle cleanser and travel size oil free moisturizer! So I snatched it up. And sure enough, it works like a dream. A dime-sized dab is plenty, and I scrub gently in the shower for 30 seconds or so, then leave it on while I shampoo, and then rinse. My skin comes out so soft and smooth! I haven't quite nailed down the ideal frequency yet, but I would think 2-3 times per week for dry skin ought to be good. I also really love the cleanser and moisturizer, so I went back to Sephora and snapped up the last gift set they had left - such a steal! Now I have back-ups stashed away for when I run out. I am so so pleased with this stuff.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

I can't believe I bought a full size of this at some point in 2014. I still haven't made a dent in it. Not because "a little goes a long way", but because the product SUCKS.

First things first, if you have thin skin - run away now. You do not need physical exfoliation. I myself have skin thinner than paper. Microdermabrasion or any type of scrubbing just equals broken capillaries and further irritated skin for me. Chemical exfoliation (IE alpha hydroxy acids or retinoids) followed by a proper moisturizer yield the best results for my acne-prone, oily skin. If you have thick, tough skin on the other hand - be my guest.

My other big issue with Exfolikate is that it's overhyped and overpriced. I can name many similar products on the market with a much lower price point. Boots No 7 currently makes a similar product. Efolikate throws in anti aging ingredients that, although beneficial, are useless in this formula. Why? Because you're not leaving this on as a mask. It's not going to be on your skin long term like a moisturizer. Even the directions state to leave it on your skin for 20 seconds. Do you *really* think that's long enough for the ingredients to work their magic?

No, I clearly won't repurchase.

Received the $22 tube of it in a sample bag from somewhere; didn't bother with it because I have dry and sensitive skin. For whatever reason, I pulled it out and used it one night....HOLY COW, this stuff is amazing!!!! I use a VERY small amount, gently scrub and let sit for a minute and rinse....skin is like glass and glows!!! I only use it once a week and this small tube has lasted me 6 months so far; I will DEFINITELY buy a full size tube once this one is gone.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

The only thing that I hate about this product is the price. It hurts my soul to ever pay over $80 for something I literally wash down the drain. $80!?! That is one ATM button away from hundred bucks and that hurts my soul. However, there is no denying in this case you get what you pay for. I've been skeptical about peels and exfoliators for a while, not because I don't believe they work but because I have never found an at home system that comes anywhere near a professional spa treatment. And professional spa treatments definitely work. At least for me.

When it comes to my skin care, the problems and solutions are pretty straight forward, dull skin needs buffing away, clogged pores need opening up, and a few spots need brightening. And here's the thing folks. These solutions have been known for a very very long time. They aren't new and they aren't changing. So any time a box reads "New Solution" or "New Discovery" they are lying. They just are. There's nothing new. Steam opens poor. Acids kill dead skin cells. Rough surfaces like sand and beads will buff your skin too. This is science, but it isn't new science. The question then is, what's the right combination for me (and for you).

For me, and a large number of women with common skin problems, it's Exfolikate, because it does exactly what it says it will do applying knowledge known for ages. I use this once a week in the shower (because the steam opens up my pores!). I leave it on for about half a minute if my skin is feeling good that week, or a full minute or two if it's been a bad week (I like to rinse my hair conditioner out while I let Exfolikate set in). My skin feels noticeably different after. Sometimes I'll do an extra application during the week before a heavy make-up night or something like that. Every other week I add a more intense treatment like a peel pad or intense face mask. If I'm worried that my skin is getting used to any of my products (because skin does that) I switch things up. Then I swap Exfolikate for a gentler daily exfoliating wash and add it back in after a few weeks. No matter what, Exfolikate gets the job done. My only issue is I have to use it sparingly because I'm trying to make that eighty plus bucks last!