Kate Somerville Exfolikate

3.9

Water, Lactic Acid, Polyethylene, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Pectin, Carica Papaya Fruit, Lactobacillus/Cucurbita Pepo Fruit, Ferment Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Papain, Bromelain, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Mel, Acetic Acid, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Lavandula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Geranium Maculatum Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia Leaf Oil, Salicylic Acid, Dehydroxanthan Gum, Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cinnamal, Potassium Sorbate, Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Citral, Limonene, Linalool, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamal, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Beta-Carotene (CI 75130), Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex (CI 75810). 6/26/09

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This stuff ROCKS. I first got a sample, then bought the smallest size, then the two oz., then the five oz. I LOVE IT. I am 48 with VERY fair dry skin. I don't just use this as a short treatment (although sometimes I do). A lot of times I scrub it on my face dry and let it sit for a couple of hours. Then I add water and let it sit for the recommended time. Some people may find this irritating, but I have sensitive skin (as pale as you can get short of being albino), and it works really well for me. Once water is added it becomes more intense. But it has lactic acid as a top ingredient and other good ingredients. So it is an amazing physical and chemical exfoliator. I read a review where someone said to go with the body version and save money. DO NOT. I have the body version (I keep it in the shower), and while I will use it up, I will not repurchase. They are COMPLETELY different products. And this original ExfoliaKate (not the gentle version), I love and will continue buying. It makes my skin smoother and more refined. It's the real deal.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got a small sample size for my birthday(which is why i put 1 lippie for price bc it was free) and used it last night. I'm 19, and have Asian oily skin and am a bit acne prone (used to have real bad acne but getting better) and I'm surprised at how good my skin feels at the moment! I only used it because i felt like my skin had some bumps under the skin so gave it a shot. I used it as per instructions, massage it for 30 sec and leave it on for 2 mins. After washing it and getting out of the shower, face seemed a bit red but felt quite clean. I didn't experience the burning/tingling sensation that some people seem to be experiencing, perhaps it could be dependent on how sensitive your skin might be! When I woke up this morning, my face actually looked more radiant and the bumps under my skin were surprisingly gone!

This is only after one use, but if it all goes well in my next use i might purchase the bottle and will continue updating! But so far, it's a great exfoliator without being too harsh or strips my moisture! :)

To Read all 264 Reviews, Login or Join

Not sure why this crap is rated so high. I received a deluxe sample from Sephora so not sure about the price although I do know it is expensive. First off, it STINKS. Secondly, other than making my skin feel tight, didn't notice any other effect. Also found the color off putting.

I guess I will be in the minority and say that I do not like this product. This is a $24 for 15ml tube of green goop that is supposed to be both physical and enzyme exfoliator that will "SEEMINGLY take away years (of what?) in just two minutes". You are supposed to massage it into your skin a bit, and then leave it on as a mask for up to two minutes. The "microbeads" are really fine, so it doesn't scratch and feel painful. The second phase - keeping it on as a mask for a few minutes - can actually feel really uncomfortable. It burns a bit for me, and even when I wash it off, the burning sensation stays behind for about an hour or so. And I don't know if it is just me, but it leaves a weird oily film on my skin. I find myself rinsing my face twice as much as I normally do, just to get all of it off. Yes, it makes the skin soft and smooth, but ultimately the price tag does not justify the quality.

This mask is amazing!
After using this mask, my skin feels super smooth and clean.
My skin feels just like after a professional treatment.
The price is a little bit off-putting, but I could not find anything similar until now...

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hello soft, smooth skin! Not surprised by all the good reviews here. This stuff is amazing--wonderful, grassy smell; great exfoliating (I have the Intensive Exfoliator); leaves skin feeling wonderful. This stuff is $$$$$ but it works. I use it once or twice per month, so expect it will last a while. Highly recommended.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This stuff burned like fire! I know you're supposed to feel a little something when you exfoliate, but this was too much. I only had a mini tube from the sample rack at Sephora, so I tried to finish it. But I kept dreading using it so much because of the burn that I eventually threw it out about half way through.
When I watch the models on QVC demonstrate using it, I can only marvel at how they remain so calm with lava on their faces...

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I got the delux sample of this from Sephora and it has lasted me for aggggessss. You only need a little bit. It is non abrasive and smells good. Does a good job of what it is meant to do. I leave it on for a couple of minutes (as advised) and can feel it working. I would probably not leave it on for too long if you have sensitive skin as it does give a tingle on my non-sensitive skin, so it may sting a little? But I think it would still be fine to use. Fine for dry skin as long as you moisturise after using. Will most likely buy the full size.

Wow!! I got a deluxe sample of this from Sephora and it's amazing!!. I am NEVER wowed by anything and usually just end up buying drugstore brand stuff. My face is somewhat sensitive combination/oily, I used a face wipe to take off my makeup then instead of using my clarisonic I tried this, it made me feel refreshed straight away! I massaged it in for 30 seconds then let it sit for 2 minutes as per the instructions. I rinsed it off with warm water then with cold water. I went to my room and my face definitely looked smoother and As I was looking in the mirror I noticed some white heads peeking out! I was like what?! So I grabbed my extractors and was able to get out some white heads!, I wasn't even able to do that by steaming my face! I was actually gonna throw my extractors away haha. So yes I am amazed! And I will be buying more!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is amazing! You can feel the difference after just one use! I have been using it for about 4 weeks now and my skin is noticeably smoother. I will purchase this again when I run out. Its 85 dollars, but you can get a kit on the Kate Sommerville website that basically comes with a free face cleaner. They work really well together!