3.5

package quality

price range

Reviews

a year ago

Love it. It gives me that natural skin-like finish like I have beautiful flawless skin. Haven't found anything better. Only problem is that after a while I get greasy looking. But the positives outweigh the negative.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Dark, Warm

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

2.0

a year ago

I absolutely wanted to try a cream foundation (I usually wear liquids) and bought this one. It is a failure all the way. When applying, it looks good/almost flawless. But only after few hours, the foundation fades away - dry spots are very visible - and the little foundation that is left, sets into the fine lines. Also, it is kind of irritating my skin. it leaves me with bumps. No need to say I will not repurchase or recommend (at least not to people with dry/sensitive skin).

About reviewer (315 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

2.0

a year ago

My combo skin did not like this, it shows every dry part by my nose and separates making my pores more visible, creeps into any lines at all even with moisturizing prior and using primer applying with a foundation brush. Color I got was NC15 which also comes across slight dark on my skin light medium skin.

About reviewer (125 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesGreen

3 years ago

Love this works really well!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

3.0

3 years ago

I've been using MAC Studio Fix Powder+Foundation since I was around 16 yrs old and love the color selection, ease of use and convenient application of powder foundation. I purchased Studio Tech while MAC Select customers received an additional 25% off. With the discount, I ended up returning the product. I noticed there are limited shades and most of the shades are yellow based (fine for my skin since I'm Asian) but for other ethnicity, you may have a harder time finding a matching shade. I didn't like feeling of the creme foundation on my skin, felt thick and oily. I have sensitive skin and I typically stay away from any "rubbing/buffing" action. I felt like I was irritating my skin by using a MAC foundation brush with this product. Too much friction. I used the MAC Prep+Prime Powder over this and didn't care for either product. Studio Fix works fine and doesn't look heavy on my skin.

About reviewer (46 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlue

3 years ago

Very moisturizing for a cream to powder foundation, usually they don't work on my combination skin at all. I use my fingers rather than a sponge or brush for this, that way it doesn't settle in lines or pores. I still need powder on my oily zones but with powder and primer this foundation lasts pretty much all day.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Medium

from

3 years ago

I have gone through quite the learning curve with this product. I wanted to try a cream type of foundation so I started with this. I was matched at my usual nw20. The finish was polished but could look a little heavy until I learned how to best apply this foundation for me. I was using a brush or sponge and I was sucking up product so fast and it kept looking a touch heavy no matter how well I blended. Then I was watching a video of Pat McGrath applying foundation and in it she used so little and it was mentioned she always uses her fingers. So two months ago I took the remaining product (about 1/4 of the original) and started to use my fingers to apply and did just a swipe or so on each cheek, one on the forehead and chin and blended. It looked flawless and I still have plenty of product left! I have used this with no primer (with Olay Complete Sensitive Skin), Monistat Anti-Chaffing gel as a primer and BE Prep Step as a primer and it has worked well with all of them. I love my Face and Body, but this is earning its place as well. Before going to the finger application method, I was ready to just use this up and be done. But now that I use my fingers and apply it so much lighter (which I didn't realize the brush was getting soooo much product, but was), I am definitely going to replace this when I run out. Final note, most of this testing has been done in cooler months. Some things I love about this: -It covers the natural pink in my cheeks, but still looks soft and natural when applied right -It is great for travel since there aren't the liquid issues -It is soooo easy to apply now that I am doing the finger application -It does not oxidize on me. -It does not break out my normal to dry & sensitive skin. All in all, I am pleasantly pleased with this foundation. It gets mixed reviews, but I am a fan now. Had I written this review 3 months ago, it would have received a mediocre rating, but not now. It is a full 5 lippies for me.

About reviewer (1201 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I'm not exactly sure why people are saying its marketed as for dry skin when it's a cream-to-powder foundation("powder" or matte is more for normal to oily skin). It's marketed as for "all skin types" and claims to "controls oil" if you're dry and don't have flaky skin then this would work otherwise try using the full coverage foundation(oil and wax based) since studio tech is more water and wax based I had a very tough time with this foundation for the first few weeks. No matter what I used to apply it or how I applied it, it looked cakey or streaky. Then, I remembered this was water based. I was using a moisturizer that wasn't water based nor was my primer and this can result in it staying a cream finish and not lasting nearly as long. I'd read the ingredients to your moisturizer and primer because some people read "oil free" and assume it's water based when its actually silicone based and it causes the same issue of making the foundation sit on top of your skin and not setting properly and sliding around as well as getting streaky and cakey When using this, on clean, bare skin I apply the fix+ for moisture and then the smash box photo finish light (water based) to prime and this stuff goes on so beautifully and easily with any type of brush, I quite like the traditional flat brush to stroke it on and it looks gorgeous. I love the color range since I find MACs newer shades to be too orange/peach whereas these have some shades that are a bit more of a true yellow undertone and some are golden olive but I wish the range was more extensive like the studio tech with the C30,C35 and C40 olive shades. It gives a lovely smooth finish with nice coverage that photographs quite nicely. Has the perks of a cream formula but without having to set so heavily if you're oily. I definitely recommend it. The real downside is the price. It gets more and more expensive yet there's only 10grams of product compared to the Full Coverage cream which is 28grams for the same price. I wouldn't say it's like any other cream-to-powder foundations where you could just get a drugstore one because I've used a few drugstore ones and they're pretty much just cream ones not cream to powder like this. I think a close one would be the Milani one but I felt it didn't have as much oil control IMO

About reviewer (76 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Olive

HairBlond

4 years ago

I have this in NC45 and its the perfect shade for my skin tone. It applies nicely but you do have to make sure you blend it well with your fingers or sponge so that it doesn't look streaky which can happen a lot with this type of texture. This is a nice foundation but I don't feel as if its something to rant and rave about. My drugstore foundations do better than this one in my opinion. But hey it is MAC and you know how us makeup lovers love us some MAC.

About reviewer (47 reviews)

SkinDry, Medium Brown, Cool

HairBrown, Relaxed, Coarse

from

4 years ago

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS I HAVE DRY SKIN BUT LOVE FULL MATTE COVERAGE THIS IS THE BEST OF BOTH WORLD

About reviewer (88 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium