Philosophy Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum

Philosophy Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum
Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum

3.6

on 3/21/2016 1:02:00 AM

I hated the smell when I got the sample to try. My co-worker loved it so much and she wore it every day to work. The smell gave me a headache so I tried to stay away from her but her desk is so so close to me. I am a big fan of Philosophy especially the skincare products but this is what I hate too much.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I was at Ulta the other day and sprayed this (edp) on myself and my goodness I have missed this fragrance. I just sniffed and sniffed my hand! mmm! It to me, is summer in a bottle. Sunshine, sunscreen and florals all mixed together in a wonderful bright crisp delicious concoction!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know how to judge this one.... Well, I guess if I was crazy about musk, I would say this was a pleasant musk fragrance. I wish my nose could detect something more to this fragrance than only musk. I am disappointed as I did expect to enjoy the other notes I saw listed in the description of amazing grace. This fragrance took be back to the 1970s as well... Can't say that I would buy this again..

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A clean, fresh scent when I just want to wear something that isn't overpowering. It's calm and airy, and yes, does remind me of dryer sheets. But for some, fresh laundry is a warm, relaxing, good feeling. It's seasonless and can be worn anywhere without offending anyone. Definitely a skin-scent, Amazing Grace has its purpose in the world of perfumes. For those who want to wear perfumes but can't overload those around them, or for those who might be ill and can't stomach over-bearing scents that are too brash, too cloying or just too opulent for the moment, Amazing Grace serves its purpose. A little bit of citrus, a hint of tea, a tad of pepper all wrapped in a gentle musk that sits close to the skin for a few hours. Nothing spectacular, just gently fresh, clean and pretty. Kind of like "the girl next door". Amazing Grace does its job well. It's not loud, it's not over-bearing. It's gentle.
Top Notes: Mandarin Orange, Grapefruit, Bergamot.
Middle Notes: Freesia, Jasmine, Rose.
Base Notes: Musk.

on 10/17/2015 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I found this on the Frangrance Bar at Ulta and since I have never tried Philosophy I decided to give this a try. When I smelled it in the store it was just what I was looking for, soft and light. I paid $18.00 for 0.5 fl oz. Not a bad price compared to the cost of fragrances.

This one has a light, soft, powdery sort of scent. I am not really sure what the notes of this fragrance are but it really doesn't matter because it is not long lasting at all. I spray a fair amount on, it isn't overpowering, but no one can smell it within an hour of application. So, it really is a waste of money.

I would not repurchase this as it is not long lasting and there are other fragranaces out there that work better for me. But, I am glad I gave this a try as it was relatively inexpensive and now I know not to purchase anymore or put this on my gift list.

on 10/8/2015 9:44:00 AM

I thought it would love this. I'm a fan of clean, fresh, soapy scents. It would smell good for 10 minutes and slowly dissipated into a baby powder smell that only i could detect! I'm not sure if i got a bad batch but it sure did not feel like edp on my skin, cool like alcohol that evaporated with the fragrance. Bottle says expiration is December 2017. Not buying this again. For now, I'll put it on my pillows.

on 8/18/2015 10:20:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This fragrance smells like insecticide. This was a total mistake. I got a sample of another perfume in the store and I thought this was the one with the great smell. What a mistake! I am stuck with a big bottle. Worst of all, I get a headache when I wear it. Do not get this!!!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I know perfumes are soo personal and subjective..but..here is my take on this..

I do not get the the widespread popularity this had some time ago. I bought one of these little 'travel sized' bottles at Sephora (that little island of death that they draw you in and you spend more money while you wait in line to check out), and thankfully I did not get the full-sized bottle. Such a disappointment.

Again, I know fragrance is a personal thing, so I will just be as subjective as I can. First off, this does not last on me more than 3 hours. For a fragrance with this price tag, I just expect more (for any fragrance, really, but esp one that is more higher-priced, and yes, I realize this is geared to be more of a 'softer' scent). Second, I get not one compliment when I wear this. I often get compliments when I wear a fragrance, but nothing is ever said when I wear this. That tells me it really is "nothing special". Third, and I know this is really personal, but really, the cap on this..? Looks like a cheap cap on a pop bottle or something?!! I do like the clean, classic design of the bottle itself, but if you do not care for the scent, then what is the point of appreciating a basic-looking bottle..?

I would suggest if you want to try this out, either get that travel-size, or even try a body spray that I find at Rite Aid and sometimes at Kmart, called Skin Below The Chin, roughly $5.00 for a rather large-sized bottle, and actually lasts much longer during the day (ime) than Amazing Grace.

I have all of them, fragrance, spritz, and perfume and none of them last more than 5 min on me. I hate that because I love the smell, but I feel like this is such a ripoff and I refuse to buy it any longer. I bought the perfume version thinking it would last longer but unfortunately it is just more money without any advantage. The lotion lasts a little longer but the smell is not as nice as the spray. I am very disappointed.

on 3/25/2015 9:41:00 AM

I love how fresh and clean this fragrance smells! It's got just the right amount of feminine floral. My favorite thing about it is that it's not overpowering. Love it!

Popular Fragrances