Philosophy Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum

Philosophy Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum
Amazing Grace Eau De Parfum

3.5

A friend bought me the Amazing Grace bodywash. I loved the smell and decided to purchase the eau de parfum.
The scent literally didn't last 10 minutes. I returned it to Ulta.

COTY RUINED IT. This used to be the most comforting and lovely airy ladylike fragrance. Now all I smell is acrid cheap musk. I am so sad about this. Most of the women in my family wear AG and when I hug them now, all I can smell is the shell of AG covering the drugstore musk base. So, so, so sad to lose this one. Had I known, I would have kept a stockpile. I believe the firming body emulsion still sticks true to what I remember as the original scent. Sigh.

on 3/21/2016 1:02:00 AM

I hated the smell when I got the sample to try. My co-worker loved it so much and she wore it every day to work. The smell gave me a headache so I tried to stay away from her but her desk is so so close to me. I am a big fan of Philosophy especially the skincare products but this is what I hate too much.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

Perhaps I'm one of the few people who like this scent. I think maybe body chemistry has something to do with it as I'm not a person who is hot all the time so it fades off me. There are some scent that wear better on some and not others. But what I love about this scent is that it is light, soft & feminine, clean. I do like the other "Grace" scents as well for the same reasons. The only thing I would grip about is the price is very expensive for such a short lived fragrance that seems to disappear after a few hours or less.

on 4/5/2017 7:40:00 PM

Sadly, to me, this perfume smells like generic cheap hairspray.... I only tried one spray from a sample and the smell faded quickly

on 7/5/2017 11:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I had a tester of the cologne from Sephora and I loved the scent. So I went and bought a full sized bottle in a set w/ shampoo and a body cream. I hated how it smelled from the spray bottle. I can't explain it, maybe I just got a rancid bottle? Idk. Every time I put it on it smelled awful. So I am stuck with a small tester bottle that I absolutely loved and I kept dabbing it on my wrists and behind my ears and jaw. I HAD A BAD BREAKOUT. My dermatologist and I were trying to figure out the cause because only my lower jaw and the skin behind my ears were breaking out!! I stopped using the tester and the pimples eventually died out.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't know how to judge this one.... Well, I guess if I was crazy about musk, I would say this was a pleasant musk fragrance. I wish my nose could detect something more to this fragrance than only musk. I am disappointed as I did expect to enjoy the other notes I saw listed in the description of amazing grace. This fragrance took be back to the 1970s as well... Can't say that I would buy this again..

on 10/17/2015 2:50:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I found this on the Frangrance Bar at Ulta and since I have never tried Philosophy I decided to give this a try. When I smelled it in the store it was just what I was looking for, soft and light. I paid $18.00 for 0.5 fl oz. Not a bad price compared to the cost of fragrances.

This one has a light, soft, powdery sort of scent. I am not really sure what the notes of this fragrance are but it really doesn't matter because it is not long lasting at all. I spray a fair amount on, it isn't overpowering, but no one can smell it within an hour of application. So, it really is a waste of money.

I would not repurchase this as it is not long lasting and there are other fragranaces out there that work better for me. But, I am glad I gave this a try as it was relatively inexpensive and now I know not to purchase anymore or put this on my gift list.

on 10/8/2015 9:44:00 AM

I thought it would love this. I'm a fan of clean, fresh, soapy scents. It would smell good for 10 minutes and slowly dissipated into a baby powder smell that only i could detect! I'm not sure if i got a bad batch but it sure did not feel like edp on my skin, cool like alcohol that evaporated with the fragrance. Bottle says expiration is December 2017. Not buying this again. For now, I'll put it on my pillows.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

A clean, fresh scent when I just want to wear something that isn't overpowering. It's calm and airy, and yes, does remind me of dryer sheets. But for some, fresh laundry is a warm, relaxing, good feeling. It's seasonless and can be worn anywhere without offending anyone. Definitely a skin-scent, Amazing Grace has its purpose in the world of perfumes. For those who want to wear perfumes but can't overload those around them, or for those who might be ill and can't stomach over-bearing scents that are too brash, too cloying or just too opulent for the moment, Amazing Grace serves its purpose. A little bit of citrus, a hint of tea, a tad of pepper all wrapped in a gentle musk that sits close to the skin for a few hours. Nothing spectacular, just gently fresh, clean and pretty. Kind of like "the girl next door". Amazing Grace does its job well. It's not loud, it's not over-bearing. It's gentle.
Top Notes: Mandarin Orange, Grapefruit, Bergamot.
Middle Notes: Freesia, Jasmine, Rose.
Base Notes: Musk.