Egyptian Magic Healing Cream

3.8

Olive Oil, Beeswax, Honey, Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly and Propolis Extract

on 9/8/2018 2:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I had to chuckle when I read a review comparing Egyptian Magic to Aquaphor. One has to just take a quick look at the ingredients to know (hopefully) that you cannot compare a truly remarkable skin healer to this petrolatum (aka mineral oil) laden garbage you should never put on your skin in the first place.

Egyptian Magic is all natural, while Aquaphor is most definitely not. The first one, although of an "oily" consistency, will not clog your pores, while the other will, which then usually result in huge pores and breakouts.

Anyway, long story short, I find Egyptian Magic to be the go-to skin and hair product, and never had a reaction, or a single pimple (and I do have combination to oily skin) develop from using it. When I over-process my hair, I use Egyptian Magic to restore the shine and silky feel. Once a week hair "mask" of Egyptian Magic, wrapped in a warm towel, seem to work wonders on split ends as well.
I also apply Egyptian Magic on my GSD's skin issues; he is an older dog, not as active as he used to be, and he sometimes develops very bad hot spots that seem to also get instantly infected with resistant bacterial strains... The poor guy has to take antibiotics for that but, when I add Egyptian Magic to the treatment, the hot spots heal much faster, and without scarring.

Egyptian Magic might be a bit overpriced but, for what it does for me and my pet, I highly recommend this product.

on 8/20/2018 5:46:00 PM

I seriously can't believe all the reviewers who would rather use Vaseline than this cream. Have you ever looked into what Vaseline is made of? How can it be more beneficial for your skin to slather on some oil refinery derivative instead of normal adequate skin care ingredients? Well, I am not here to argue with the Vaseline-lovers (to each their own), but in the battle of opinions on Egyptian Magic cream I know exactly where I stand:
It's a great product.

Many reviewers mentioned the cream's oiliness - have you tried using less? My husband also complained it's oily, and I couldn't understand why until I saw how he applies it - what he used in one go would last me a week! So, adjust the quantity, and if you are still dissatisfied with how much is not absorbed, blot it off with a paper towel, for goodness sake. What is so hard to figure out?

On to the smell: anyone who finds the smell weird - the cream smells of its listed ingredients. I recommend you get acquainted with the smell of bee propolis, so that you know it when you come across it.

On to the packaging - thank heavens it's a normal jar, that has only one lid, that opens and closes easily! I simply hate those ultra-modern bottles that do not come apart, are non-transparent, and you can never tell how much product is left in that darned bottle. Also, you are never getting to use all of it, AND you pay the manufacturer MORE for the dubious privilege of using only 3/4 of the packaged product. Anyway, if you can't be bothered to wash your hands before you stick them in the jar (because tell me how else would you get DIRT particles into it???) - use a spatula. And wash it after each use. And keep it in a clean place. If you can't trust the cleanliness of that place - wash it also before you stick it in the jar. But then remember to wipe it dry with a paper towel, or else you might find some water accumulating in your cream jar. Again, what is so difficult about it?

My personal improvement on the cream is to scoop it out into a glass container, as I am not a fan of plastic and other harmful chemicals. One lippie off.

On to the price - in a word, it is justified. Anyone who does not think it fair to pay this much for such easily accessible ingredients is welcome to replicate the cream at home at a fraction of the price. Ohhhh, but that requires effort....Right, so let's look at it this way - you are paying for convenience here, and the price is pretty fair.

By the way, if you ever tried a Chanel cream, please explain to me what justifies the price there? All I can see is the same basic plastic container with a twisting lid, a hefty list of chemicals, and none to insignificant results - yet, you wouldn't find a Chanel cream cheaper than $80 a jar. At least with Egyptian Magic I know I am buying a quality product in decent quantity.

And finally on to efficiency - it really depends where you start with your skin condition and what results you are looking for. This cream does not irritate my skin (unlike so-so many others), keeps it elastic and soft, heals any dry patches, and behaves equally well as a night cream, and under makeup. Do I expect near-Botox results on lines or wrinkles? Nope - because no cream will give you that, no matter what they claim.

My verdict: Egyptian Magic cream is a great basic multi-purpose skin care product. The ingredients are true staples in skin care, have been that for centuries, and are really good for various skin types (though, obviously, those allergic to bee products won't find this product beneficial). Personally I'll keep using it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I like this, it's a no-frills simple balm that helps heal and protect dry skin. It's not a "miracle" product by any means but it does the job and has nice natural ingredients (if, for some reason synthetic ingredients scare you). It seems to store well, maybe due to the slightly antibacterial properties of honey. The only thing is the jar isn't super hygienic so you just have to be careful about contaminating it with bits of dirt etc. I also love the packaging which is superficial but it brightens my day to look at! Still unsure on Makeup Alley if I'm meant to give more lippies for better value for money or if that means I think it's too expensive?? This is too expensive for what it is in my opinion but I just make sure to buy it on sale. It also lasts forever as a little goes a long way.

When I was in my early to mid 20s I used this often because I heard it was magic. Not really.
Main benefit: It can soothe severely dry, chapped skin. But so can Vaseline and Aquaphor at a fraction of the price. Also, it's can relieve hemorrhoids if you want to apply it there...
There is nothing really antiaging about this - no scientific ingredients that treat anything.
It's way too greasy to be an effective moisturizer. try putting it on your face and going out in public and you'll be laughed at.
So really, there's no good reason to use it.

It says this is a "cream" but more like a balm - very waxy (well bee wax is one of the key ingredients, so). I've already read few reviews so made sure to use very little amount (size of a soy bean). I usually warm it up on my fingertips by rubbing till it becomes oily, then press it all over my face to seal all the water-based moisture. It works perfectly as a seal, the final step of the skincare routines. My skin feels softer and nourished, without being greasy. I use different cream for the night time, but this is perfect for morning / daytime care before sunscreen.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

I did not immediately appreciate Egyptian Magic until I figured out how to use it. It's an oil, so you only need a TINY TINY bit for effective moisturizing without greasiness, and this applies to all oils. Start with too little and build up if you need to. This is a solid that melts as you rub it in so it's super travel friendly. I take maybe half a pea amount for my hands and cuticles, and then pat my face, especially the eye area, before bed instead of a night cream. My lashes seem healthier and my eyebrows are better behaved. My cuticles don't rip up if I diligently use this after washing my hands. My lips are healed. This is nothing like Vaseline in that it sinks into your skin. For very chapped lips I use this first and then seal it all in with Vaseline. The main ingredients are olive oil and bees wax, so it has a very natural olives with a touch of honey scent. This may bother you but I don't mind. I do think it's overpriced considering the ingredients but as long as my skin loves it I'll use it. It'll last ages anyway.

on 5/23/2018 3:31:00 PM

This is the best moisturizer I have ever used. It's ingredient profile is similar to Alaffia's African Secret, but it is blended better and super consistent from one jar to the next. I use this moisturizer for everything. One reviewer was complaining about the dirt cheap ingredients.

Well, quite frankly, I am familiar with these ingredients and they work better than a bunch of chemicals you can barely pronounce. The balm's price reflects how many uses you will get out of the jar. It is super concentrated which means one 4 oz jar will last at least 4 months(that's with using it 2 times a day). I have never had a breakout or a bad reaction from using this product.

on 3/30/2018 11:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I'm obsessed with this! I put off buying it because I was skeptical about the hype and to be honest it's a little expensive but it exceeded my expectations! The cream is more of a balm once warmed up with your hands it turns into a creamy oil. I use it as my last skincare step over my other products to seal in moisture like a sleeping mask. Egyptian magic makes my skin soft and hydrated. I find it calms my skin and any active breakouts. I'm combination acne proned and doesn't block my pores or cause breakouts. I use it to heal cuts, scrapes and burns as well. Alittle goes a long way so the tub will last you forever. I'll continue to buy this as long as they make it!! 😍

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

After reading so many reviews and watching YouTube videos on this product I was surprised to see that it’s not nearly as oily as described. This is a very dense balm that when you rub your fingers against it, it only transfers a thin layer of balm/oil that you then apply to your skin. I picked this up to test out on the extremely dry patchy areas of my face and I was pleased to not be left with an oily feeling or shiny looking complexion. I was pretty desperate to find something that would help my foundation/CC cream from not looking patchy on dehydrated areas. It has very few ingredients and is hand made which I assume is why it has such a hefty price tag. I bought a very tiny jar, we are talking lip balm size, to test this product out before taking the plunge and picking up the large tub. I credit YT Jamie Paige for getting me hooked on this. In one of her videos she shows how to use this under foundation and it has made all the difference in the world for me. I have been using it daily every since I bought it, I honestly can not stop reaching for it, I love it that much and my skin loves it too. This is hard to find in Canada, very few suppliers carry it in store but it’s not something I wanted to order online and end up with a counterfeit. Thankfully I have a store close by that sells it. I imagine this will last a very long time so worth the investment. Out of nowhere one morning while getting ready for work my husband told me that my skin looked beautiful and I didn’t have any makeup on yet. I took a good long look in the mirror and realized that my skin looks better than it has in years. Could this really be “magic”?

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is def over-hyped, but not a terrible product.

I find it's good for things you'd typically use Vaseline for, but it does work a little better. I did put this underneath my nose when I had a rash from blowing my nose a lot, and it did do wonders for that. But it isn't useful for the millions of things everyone on YouTube claims, and I think the YouTube and celebrity endorsements are a total gimmick, they don't really use this.

Also, the label completely wipes away after a while, so it just looks like a blank white tub.

Popular Body Skincare Products