Egyptian Magic Healing Cream

Egyptian Magic Healing Cream

3.9

Olive Oil, Beeswax, Honey, Bee Pollen, Royal Jelly and Propolis Extract

on 3/16/2017 7:28:00 AM

After reading all the glorious reviews I bought a small jar from the airport. I think the best thing the cream has to offer are the all natural, chemical free, ingredients but apart from that nothing more. I didn't notice any difference on my skin in the morning after applying it at night (it is very oily so can only be applied at night time). Most of it wasn't even absorbed properly by the morning and I only used a small amount on my face.

What I found it useful for, as I bought it before an 8 hrs plane trip, was that it kept my skin hydrated during the long flight. I applied it when I boarded the plane so my skin was good by the end of the trip (I usually get a spot or two if I don't use any product due to dehydrating inflight air). So good for jet setting purposes!

I bought this product through online after reading lots of positive comments on Egyptian Magic Healing Cream (EMHC). This EMHC is very multipurpose (its called All Purpose Skin Cream), you can use it on your skin, face or hair. Honestly, I am attracted by its function and quite convinced that if it does not suit my hair, I can still use it on my face and I ended up bought a small tube and it is indeed, quite costly. I am not sure what makes it so special and expensive because just by looking into its ingredients, olive oil, royal jelly, honey, bee pollen, bee propolis and bees wax, it has nothing high-end which makes it works better or more effective than a more dry oil (for example, The Body Shop Beautifying Dry Oil, Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Dry Oil) which can be use on face, skin and hair as well. One good thing about this EMHC is that it does not contain any harsh chemical ingredient or fragrance. It smells like oily wax and its texture is like wax as well, pale yellowish oil balm. Just a slight touch of your finger over the balm, is more than sufficient to use it on my hair. Anything more than that will make my hair into an oily greasy disaster.

The texture of the EMHC is not very smooth, ie, it has some particles and bits which I guess it could be solid oil. I dislike the effect of it on my hair, it does not smooth my frizz or make it presentable, once I have applied it too much, there is no U turn, it is oil and it will not dry out easily until I rewash it. I have given it a second chance, which is to use it on my face as a makeup removal. It is all purpose cream, so I guess using it as makeup removal does not harm anyway. I apply a few dabs on my forehead and cheeks and massage it evenly just to remove out the makeup residue. It works quite well but when I apply cotton pad to clear it off, this oil balm actually 'tears' off my cotton pads!!!!! Instead of using only 2 cotton pads, I have to use extra and fold it into half to make it thicker to wipe off. It fails on my face and hair as makeup removal and hair conditioning cream! I left it there for a few months and eventually it went rancid and I have to throw it away. What a waste of money and definitely there are lots of items that work better than this EMHC.

One kind reminder if you are to buy this EMHC, please buy it from reputable seller or website because when I am doing my researching and reading different comments for this product, it actually have complaints that there are customers who wrongly bought a fake EMHC. The pirate EMHC has exactly the same packaging, texture, colours of the genuine EMHC. Please be aware of this and you have spent a fortune of buying this EMHC and surely you do not want to get a fake one. Although this EMHC does not work out as what I have expected, but I do hope that any MUA reviwer who read my post can stay aware of those irresponsible sellers. Here is the website --- http://egyptianmagic.com/faq/. Be a bright customer!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

My friend bought this product and since it comes in a relatively big tub, she was generous enough to give me half of it to try out. I have been eyeing this product for ear, since Michelle Phan mentioned it in one of her videos, but it was quite hard to come by in the UK and I had so many other products that I didn't want to buy more products.
Anway, a few years later and the Egyptian Magic was introduced in the UK and it's an eye-watering £29.00!!!
Luckily, my friend let me share hers and this is what I found.

This stuff smells ok and tastes kind of sweet (I know this because I have been using it as lipbalm). I have been trying out this product as a face cream, body lotion, hand cream and lip balm. I have to say I'm not that impressed. Some people make it out to be the holy grail product, but it didn't work that well for me.

It melts onto your skin and applies quite easily, but it doesn't really sink into the skin. That's the main problem that I'm having. My skin just won't absorb it. I also don't see how a product with such basic ingredients can charge such a hefty price. I'm sure it wasn't that expensive back then.

Overall, it's just an ok product. It's not horrible and it does somewhat moisturise your skin, but definitely not worth the hype.

on 1/16/2017 10:31:00 AM

I have been using this for about two weeks with the cold winter weather.
This is pricey but given the natural ingredients, I bought the small tub.

This is VERY rich, you only need a little.
I use it on my face (eyes and between brows) for dryness and lines. Sure enough, it has softened everything.
I leave it on overnight.
High sheen.
Very effective.

I would love to use this on my hands too, but it does take time to soak in.

Recommended.

on 1/15/2017 3:24:00 PM

This is magic! Works wonders for my skin, I have combi skin and this has seemed to have balanced it out some what. My dry skin is no longer dry and it doesn't make my oily t zone any oiler 🤔 I only use this at night as the wax turns to oil and gives you a sheen to say the least. I can put this on my breakouts at night and in the morning they're almost gone. I have also used this for ingrown hairs, boils and cuts and it helps heal them almost overnight!

on 1/15/2017 12:43:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Note: not sure what I bought was legit, but tried pretty hard to get the real thing.

Greasy, slow absorbing, smells heavily of olive oil. If I just mixed olive oil with beeswax at home or used straight olive, I probably would have gotten the same results. It is greasy, so if you put this on your hands or feet and go to sleep they are softer, but is it magic? Nope.
Would not put this on my face - I break out easily, but even just putting it on my lips/under my eyes at night made me break out.

Packaging was horrible - unhygienic jar, but also the label slowly crumbled off.

Not worth the hype. Just get some shea butter or cocoa butter, whip in olive oil, and add a touch of honey if you want!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I had a chance to get a three product pack from Costco the other day. It's a solid oil type of product that has no smell, which I like. I scooped some out, warmed it in my palms until became a liquid consistency and rubbed it on my dry, itchy legs.

It's nice. It has a bit of an oily feel and I wouldn't wear it under my work clothes in case it stained, but one application soothed my dry winter skin, and stopped the itching, something my go to lotion did not. I also like that give my skin a nice sheen. If Marilyn Monroe was alive today, I could see her trading Vaseline for this product.

I've used it under my eyes and it replaces a standard eye cream. While I like the product, I could get the same amount of a product that contained actives, for the same price. I don't know if I'll buy it again, but I will enjoy using what I have.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this as an eye cream! My eyes are really sensitive and I noticed I was always waking up with irritated eyes and finally realized it was due to eye creams, this doesn't irritate my eyes at all! I'll also use it as an all over night cream more often than not but not always. I have well behaved combo skin that can either be very slightly oily or very slightly dry but no major issues, my main concerns are early/preventative anti-aging and getting the best skin care for a reasonable price, I just can't afford things like creme de la mer... so I try a lot of things and shop around a lot within my budget. I find that budget-friendly products that work for me tend to be the more natural type things and I was initially attracted to this because of the good things I heard and the ingredient list. I'm not disappointed at all that I purchased this product, I'm impressed with it. It moisturizes my skin really well, isn't irritating and gives me a healthy glow. You got lots of product in the big tub which is not the most attractive or current looking thing ever but that's not really an issue. I think this has a ton of uses and almost anyone could find several things they like it for, I've been just using it facially. Which I highly recommend unless you are extremely oily.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This stuff did WONDERS on my skin.

I used to break out like crazy all over my face and my T-zone used to be insanely oily whereas my cheeks were normal to dry.

This cream is my HG moisturiser and it changed my face from a living hell to much more manageable.
I use it as a night cream every night and take about a pinky sized amount, warm it into my hands and spread across my face.

I recommend to anyone who wants their skin to be more balanced out!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have very dry skin. I had hoped to see some difference after using this product. It has a lot going for it since the ingredients are natural. But what did I see-nothing! This is greasy, a little less tacky than vaseline, but no better or worse. If you are looking for magic or miracles, look somewhere else and save your money.

Popular Body Skincare Products