4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

a month ago

I love this. I tried very hard to find a sculpting powder that looks decent on my skin tone. I am not a huge fan of contouring with bronzer. I’m G40 in Cover FX Power Play foundation, and this is great for carving out cheekbones. It is sort of a Brown mixed with grey and other powders I have tried are too warm on my skin. This powder is super pigmented and does not require much blending for a seamless look.

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3 months ago

The sculpting powder in Medium is my all time favorite contouring product. It's a nice cool toned medium brown, that applies smoothly with no patchiness. I really love that this is buildable. You don't have to worry about a stark streak under your cheekbone, and it's easy to blend. I'm a fair complexion with pink undertones and the Medium shade built up was perfect on me. He has two other shades available as well.

About reviewer (40 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Fair

HairBlond

EyesGray

a year ago

This is just the nicest contour... and I have repurchased at least 3 times already. I don't do instaglam contouring by any means but I do enjoy a natural contour and use a contouring product just about every time I do my face. This is probably my all time favorite after trying so many. I use the Medium shade. It's not to warm or ashy. It blends with little effort and can be applied minimally or built up for an exaggerated look, if that's your thing. The product is solid. But I also really appreciate the packaging! It is compact but sleek. There isn't a useless applicator. The little velvet pouch that it comes in is a nice touch that protects it from banging around your makeup storage. It isn't an inexpensive product by any means, and contour takes forever to use it so I just really like that it's not beat up and gross by the time you work through a whole pan! Also perfect size for travel.

About reviewer (84 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Warm

HairBlack, Other, Medium

a year ago

I have always been scared of contouring for some reason. All of the over contouring on Instagram scares me but if you’re looking for the most natural fool proof contouring product this is it. I use the Kevyn Aucoin contouring brush and apply the shade medium (I’m nc20) to the hollows of my cheeks, sides and tip of my nose, chin, forehead and temples. The result is chiseled without being too noticeable. I feel more polished and like I have cheekbones! I highly recommend this product to anyone nervous about contouring.

About reviewer (259 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Curly, Fine

a year ago

I got the shade Light since I'm fair skinned around N15 and expected it to be grayer in tone but it's actually very skin-like, just deeper. Makes the most natural contour! It's very silky to the touch and blends beautifully. I barely tap the brush and that's enough to build slowly. I also find the packaging very esthetically pleasing. Might also get the shade Medium for more dramatic nighttime looks, excellent product overall!

About reviewer (944 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

EyesGreen

a year ago

No surprise here, this is a beautiful contour powder. Blends beautifully and I feel like the medium shade can cater to a wider shade range than you'd originally think, thanks to the blendability and buildability. You don't get a ton of product, but you also don't use a lot when contouring so it should take you a long ass time to finish this. That being said, it still is a ton of money to spend only on a contour product (can't really use this as a bronzer as it's too cool toned). If you're looking for more bang for your buck, check out the Contour Books that Kevyn Aucoin seems to be pumping out every year. I have volume 2 and it's beautiful. It costs more than the contour powder alone of course, but you'd still get a full size contour (medium), plus highlight, plus cream contour and cream highlight and 4 eye shadows for maybe $20 CAD more than just purchasing the full size contour. Would definitely repurchase this if I lost or broke it. Would highly recommend if you can manage the hefty price tag.

About reviewer (121 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

I contour with bronzer then do this over the top and girl my cheekbones are for days! But I opened my travel bag and it’s smashed everywhere and it’s too expensive for a small powder

About reviewer (34 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesGreen

2.0

2 years ago

I've had this about a year now (yes it is long lasting) and it is ok for cheekbones but not for my nose. For some reason it goes on patchy and it is hard to blend. Either I have very obvious uneven contour lines on the sides of my nose, or there is nothing at all. It just completely disappears when I try to blend it. I've tried different brushes and powders underneath it and always end with the same result. I exfoliate my skin frequently so it is not that. I like the colour but don't think it is worth the hype.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I never used contour before, but I'm glad I started with this. This little powder compact works wonders. I got medium, which is a bit dark for me, but I just use way less. It's very pigmented, so be careful to not use too much. It definitely gives me that sharp cheekbones look. I like using bronzer with it. I'm definitely not the most precise when it comes to make up application, but this is super easy to use. This is definitely something that's intended to be use on the edges of your face, and its brown color is definitely on the cool side (as opposed to "ashy"), which is great for contour, but will look like actual dirt if you rub it wherever else: don't mistake this for a bronzer, and don't use too much of it! If like me, you got too enthusiastic the first time around, use a blending sponge to absorb and blend any excess.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

3 years ago

WOW soo finely milled you only need a touch of it! Blends very well and is a great cool brown (the medium shade). I was afraid it would be too warm given what it looks like on screen. I've been using NYX powder blush in Taupe but that has been discontinued. The quality of KA The sculpting powder is SO much better it isn't even funny. The NYX in comparison is hard packed, grey, and difficult to blend. My goodness this is worth it! I prefer powder for contouring rather than cream so this is fantastic!! Update 3/2018: Causes blemishes on me! I was surprised but it has consistently caused this problem--I stop use and the blemishes along my contour go away. Start up and they return. I've gone back to NYX. Sigh.

About reviewer (84 reviews)

Age44-55