Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder

Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder

4.7

Talc, Polyethylene, Nylon-12, PTFE, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 4/13/2017 2:37:00 PM

I bought it because it has rave reviews everywhere and I needed a natural-looking , shimmer-free contourer. The price is steep for the amount of product you get, but I was sure I would not regret buying this... You know, hundreds of reviewers can't be wrong, and the cult status of the brand...
The package is sleek, the shade looks rather light in the compact. To my disappointment, every time I put it on my cheeks it looks uneven, it's very hard to blend (it looks too dark and ashy on my skin, and once it's put, it stays put until you use a cleanser) and the worst part: the color looks like I have dirty or bruised cheeks. Awful. For reference, I'm Chanel B10, MAC NC15. I chose the shade Light which in my opinion isn't light at all.
MAC "Prism" or MAC "Baby Dont Go", or Burberry "Earthy" blushes are a better choice for my skintone if I want to emphasize my cheekbones. They're all much easier to apply than KA.
But as I didn't want to give up on this neatly packaged powder-shadow, I decided to try it as an eyeshadow. And it worked! I put it just above my crease and a little under my eyes to achieve a nude look. It looks like a perfect mix between Urban Decay's Naked and Buck. Try it this way!

on 2/27/2017 8:50:00 PM

This is my favorite contouring powder. I found it blended well and was buildable, so I could go for a dramatically sharp cheek look, or just use a light hand and keep it more subtle. I've also used this powder to fill in brows when I don't want to use a pencil or gel. This is my favorite of Kevyn Aucoin's line, followed closely by the Celestial Powder. I reach for this contouring powder the most because it's one of the few cool toned powders I could find that was finely textured, blended well, and had staying power.

on 1/20/2017 1:07:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Yep, this stuff is definitely my "holy grail" contouring powder. As many have remarked, it's an ashier brown, which is perfect for simulating an actual shadow on the face. I use the shade Medium (which works well on my extremely fair skin) to sculpt my nose, cheeks, and jawline and I am always impressed with the outcome. The package is a little small (almost like a large eyeshadow single) and the price is outrageous ($41 for said small package). That being said, I've had mine for 6 months and after wearing it 1-3x a week, every week, I haven't hit the pan yet, so I think it's worth it.

on 1/6/2017 1:52:00 PM

I love love love this. I have the Kevyn Aucoin Contour Palette 4-in-1, which was a STEAL for $36 at Sephora (it's still on sale now fyi, seriously worth the $$$).

It contains:
The Sculpting Powder in Medium
The Celestial Powder in Starlight
The Matte Bronzing Veil in Desert Nights
The Pure Powder Glow in Aurora

Every product is top notch, but the sculpting powder steals the show. It's the most magically perfect, natural shade, no orange tones whatsoever. It's smooth, pigmented, and uber blendable. It lasts alllll day and hasn't broken me out. It honestly deserves the hype. My only issue with it is I adore it so much I've been overdoing it with the contour because I can't stop applying for the love of it lol. I think if you try this powder you might discard (or repurpose) all your other contour products.

on 12/18/2016 6:03:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

Awesome powder for contouring. I have the lightest shade and it works so well for my pale skin. Feels so silky when swatched and a little goes a long way, blends like a dream on the skin and makes a huge difference once applied. Definitely worth the price, really nice packaging as well.

I pruchased this after seeing a youtube tutorial with this product in it and loved how it worked with pale skin so I purchased it from Beautybay. This is probably the most expensive one colour makeup item I've ever purchased but it is soo worth it. I got the shade light as I am very pale and it goes so nicely for a day look. It blends in so easily you hardly have to blend it yourself. I want to buy the medium shade for some night looks. Strongly recommend.

The hype around this product is well deserved. It really is a superlative cosmetic product that stands out and above the crowd. I've been struggling with contouring, trying a high priced LE collectors MAC sculpting cream (Coffee Walnut) as well as several powders. They all worked okay, but required work and often looked harsh, bronzey, or flushed blushed if blended out too much. I finally broke down to the excellent reviews of Aucoins Sculpting powder and spent the money.

WOW, what a difference! The color is just perfect for my NW25 skin, and yes, while the product is quite pigmented, it's not so much that you'll ever over apply and need to blend out like mad. I use the Real Techniques Contour brush (MAC 109ish) and it's just perfect with this powder. It's also true that the powder is very silky and sticks well, blends marvelously--in fact, one of the most magnificent blenders I have ever used. This product is so good, it makes contouring much easier, much faster. And the pan and compact never gets dusty due to the silky formula, and very little product is wasted. SO you certainly never need to tap off the excess before application with this product!

It's also true that the pan is SMALL. I had read this in reviews, and I didn't think it looked that small in pics, but it is. Not quite eye shadow small, but getting there. But the product is so silky and non-wasteful and pigmented, that it will go very far.

They must have changed the compact it comes in, as many had complained it was "cheap" appearing, but I think it is rich and attractive with what is almost a "power" latch that allows the lid to automatically rise--love it and wish all my compacts were this fast and effortless to open.

I'm hooked, and highly recommend for most light-medium skin tones!

on 7/30/2016 7:52:00 AM

I love this powder for contouring. I have fair skin but I found that this is perfect for me. The matte finish makes it look very natural (I was scared I would look muddy). I think the pigment and consistency of the product is great.

The only downside to the product is that it is quite expensive for the amount you get, but I seriously love this powder and I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 7/29/2016 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have this contour powder in light & I love it. (For reference, I'm fair with cool undertones.) The light shade is perfect for me - no orange tones! - and it's super pigmented so a little goes a long way. I wish this came in a bigger compact (especially for the price), but even despite this, it's still my favourite contour product. I've tried many others and this one works the best for me. It looks natural, it applies evenly & it lasts all day. I would highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for their holy grail contour powder.

on 7/26/2016 4:37:00 AM

I am pale, I usually have to buy the lightest shade or 2nd to lightest shade in foundations. It's difficult to find a good contour product for my fair skin. I love the Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder in medium because it's a grey based brown so it's very flattering for pale women. It mimics the look of a shadow which is perfect for contouring. This is flattering on most skin tones but I do believe women with deeper skin tones would have trouble with this because it might not show up. I apply this to the cheek bones, forehead, and to shade my nose. It gives a nice, natural look. This is one of my staple products. I use it everyday after I apply my foundation and setting powder. The price is high but I've been using mine almost daily for a year and I still have 75% left.