Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder

Kevyn Aucoin The Sculpting Powder

4.7

Talc, Polyethylene, Nylon-12, PTFE, Phenyl Trimethicone, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Manganese Violet CI 77742, Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499).

on 7/30/2016 7:52:00 AM

I love this powder for contouring. I have fair skin but I found that this is perfect for me. The matte finish makes it look very natural (I was scared I would look muddy). I think the pigment and consistency of the product is great.

The only downside to the product is that it is quite expensive for the amount you get, but I seriously love this powder and I will definitely repurchase when I run out.

on 7/29/2016 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I have this contour powder in light & I love it. (For reference, I'm fair with cool undertones.) The light shade is perfect for me - no orange tones! - and it's super pigmented so a little goes a long way. I wish this came in a bigger compact (especially for the price), but even despite this, it's still my favourite contour product. I've tried many others and this one works the best for me. It looks natural, it applies evenly & it lasts all day. I would highly recommend it to anyone who's looking for their holy grail contour powder.

To Read all 73 Reviews, Login or Join

on 7/26/2016 4:37:00 AM

I am pale, I usually have to buy the lightest shade or 2nd to lightest shade in foundations. It's difficult to find a good contour product for my fair skin. I love the Kevyn Aucoin sculpting powder in medium because it's a grey based brown so it's very flattering for pale women. It mimics the look of a shadow which is perfect for contouring. This is flattering on most skin tones but I do believe women with deeper skin tones would have trouble with this because it might not show up. I apply this to the cheek bones, forehead, and to shade my nose. It gives a nice, natural look. This is one of my staple products. I use it everyday after I apply my foundation and setting powder. The price is high but I've been using mine almost daily for a year and I still have 75% left.

Skin: Other, Other, Neutral

Believe the hype! It's THE BEST contour powder out there and I'm a professional makeup artist who has worked with them all. I use medium on myself and clients. It's absolute perfection on light-medium skin tones. LOOOVE!

on 5/4/2016 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool

I'm nw25 and have dry skin. I did not buy this, but it was gifted to me. Ooh, and I'm so thankful to The Gifter and for the gift itself! Have you ever heard that saying - "The best things come in small packages"? Well, this is the best contouring powder ever! It is perfect in every way!

The packaging is beautiful and sleek. It has a push mechanism to open and clicks shut. It's very lightweight. The design looks very luxe and elegant. I love the packaging. The product does not have a noticeable smell.

The powder itself is very silky smooth. I can't even swipe my brush. I have to very lightly touch my brush to the product and then press the brush to my skin. I use my ELF Blush Brush that is tapered to a point in the middle. I use one side of the brush to press the powder onto the skin to apply it, and then I blend the edges with the pointed taper. It works wonderfully. It sculpts every feature on my face beautifully. I use it at the temples, sides of nose, under cheeks, and under my chin.

At first glance, this powder doesn't look very dark. But, it is once you get it applied to the skin. This powder is so heavily pigmented that it only takes a very light application. Once the powder is applied, it blends out so beautifully. Not only is this the best shade and formula, the undertone to this powder is so perfect. It has a beautiful grey undertone. That grey mixed with the brown makes it the ultimate sculpting powder! It's absolutely perfect and looks like a true, natural shadow!

The wear time on this is phenomenal! It wears like iron and doesn't budge. I never have problems with this disappearing. It's there until I take it off. When I first received this, of course I had to play with it. I applied this on clean, bare skin without any foundation. Of course it applied beautifully to my bare skin, but after rubbing my face with my finger tips, they were clean and the product was still perfectly in tact under my cheeks!

This product is a bit pricey. It costs $44 for 3.10 grams of product. But, it is completely worth every penny! Sculpting/contouring and Kevyn Aucoin go hand in hand.

I did not get any irritation or breakouts from this. This powder did not accentuate any dry skin or patches on my face. It looks great from the moment of application until the end of the day/night. It plays well with every foundation that I own.

Bottom line- I highly recommend this! Yes, it is a bit pricey, but it's well worth it because it takes so little product and doesn't budge. It is very versatile for most skintones. If you're in the market for a sculpting/contouring powder, just get this! I've always wanted this, and now I have it! When I run out, I will have to buy it. Once you've used this, everything else just pales in comparison. Nothing holds a candle to this, in my opinion. It can't be beat!

on 3/31/2016 4:46:00 PM

This is a lovely product. The powder is creamy and very pigmented. I roll my brush over the top without even applying any pressure, and the tiny amount it picks up is perfect.
Blends beautifully and looks flawless. I'd definitely repurchase this.

on 3/30/2016 4:34:00 AM

This is a review of the Medium and the new Light shade!

I love this product. It is soft to the touch, blendable but pigmented.
I have been using the Medium sculpting powder for a couple of years now, and now have the light one as well. Looking at the two shades, the Light shade is just a lighter version of the Medium. When they are not next to each other the Light shade looks like it could be too warm to contour with, but after trying it out, it really is not.
I think I prefer the Medium shade, but I am not sure. I can easier slap the Light one on and go, as the shade is easier to wear on my very fair neutral-warm skintone.

Definitely recommend the light one if you feel like the Medium is a little too dark or hard to work with if you tend to be heavy-handed :-)

whoa nelly!! kevyn aucoin, i love you

this review is going to be for the holiday special edition on the kevyn aucoin contour book volume II numbero dos!
First off let me say this is my first kevyn a purchase.. I saw the volume 2 book online and was so sad to see its completely sold out on sephora, but i needed this glorious piece of art!. I bought it on ebay for $80 total(65$ on sephora) but what can you do.. I had to pay that.. i mean its 4 FULL SIZE contour/highlight powders/creams.. 4 generous eye shadows and a sample of starlight(all pigmented as a mo fo) it was obviously a steal on sephora and it had stellar reviews thats why it sold out almost immediately...

SCULPTING POWDER/ CANDLELIGHT REVIEW :I flipping love this contour book. I am an nc 25.. IT HAS GREAT POTENTIAL TO BUILD THE MAJORITY OF A DAILY LOOK. I have tried abh contour, kat von d, and some others but they ended up irritating my skin and I had to return it. Let me just say both the sculpting powder and highlighting powder (candlelight) have very minimal fallout and they are buttery and pigmented, but they are also very natural looking. If you are looking for a dramatic contour/highlight these powders aint it honey! but I find both candlelight and sculpting powders are EXCELLENT for daily use especially if you have light- medium skin tone like me. I definately think that these powders are definitely worth purchasing separately. ($44). you can definately tell both are high quality even though I only see a very natural like glow... the cream powder/highlight is a great adddition because I use it as a base and then go back over it with the powders. It lasts 12hrs on me with a setting spray and it just really gives me a beautiful glow I kept thinking "WOW, THIS IS BEAUTIFUL"

EYESHADOWS: i am not the biggest fan of nude shades but this is such a great versatile group. kevyn aucoin makes it so easy for you because the first page of the contour book he basically has already created both a sculpting full look for both your face and eyes which is a great combination because thats what i use and its just so pretty..

seems travel friendly which is wonderful

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

For reference I am fair and cool toned.

I picked up the Kevyn Aucoin Contour book, volume 2. (this was limited edition, but you can buy the items individually)

It includes the sculpting powder, sculpting cream, candlelight cream, and candlelight powder. (and the book had a few eyeshadows too - the shadows are more on the powdery side, similar to the Lorac formula)

Every once in a while a product comes along, that completely blows away everything else. This was instant HG for me.

The sculpting cream is very cool toned. If you are also cool toned, you know the struggle of finding a cool toned product for contour. I had been using Nyx taupe - which is decent for it's price. But this sculpting powder applies so easily, and blends so well. It has changed contouring for me 100%! You can apply it for a very subtle look, but it is also very buildable.

If you are fair and cool, don't hesitate. Buy the sculpting powder. It is amazing. Of the cream and powder formulas, I think both are great. I find myself using the powder more often, but only because it's my personal preference, and I find it easier to apply. The cream blends so well, but is a bit more subtle.

I do think this might appear a little ashy if you are more warm toned though.

on 12/10/2015 12:53:00 PM

Stunned. Totally stunned. I purchased this product around two weeks ago from a local Space N.K store and I'm just so shocked with the outcome. Its ultimately perfect: the pigment of the product is intense so you only need a little to create defined cheekbones. Inevitably I feel like this product will last a very long time due to this fact. Additionally, the texture of this product is so luxuriously creamy - such a brilliant high end product. I use my NARS Ita Kabuki brush with this and together they create a perfect imitation of cheekbones (especially since I have like none). It seems expensive as you only get just over 3g of product in it, however you only need a little!

Popular Contour ProductsProducts