4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

5 years ago

Honestly one of the most amazing makeup products I have EVER USED. The sculling powder is just perfect, the color is perfect a soft taupe-y brown with grey undertones that looks like a real shadow!!! The product I so smooth and blendable and incredibly pigmented! So people with fait and light skin tones, remember to build up the color;) the packaging is really nice and luxurious, and for the product, packaging and of course the performance of the product is 1000% worth the price! I would recommend this to any makeup loving and contour loving person!!! I can't get over how amazing this contour powder is.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesHazel

5 years ago

I've been making my way through various contour powders, and this is by far the best. The gray/taupe-y tone makes contouring look natural. It's packed tightly, so you don't pick up too much powder at once. It's easy to blend too. I'm very fair skinned, and I would say that with a light hand, this is my perfect shade. The packaging could use a little work: I have a hard time opening the compact and it's a little small for my brush. But I'll take it over orange-y bronzers any day!

About reviewer (59 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinNormal, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

5 years ago

If you love to contour this is the one for you! Oh yeah, it also comes with the best little brush for contouring........bonus.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

1.0

5 years ago

I am in the minority here! It just looked awful on me. I popped into my local Space NK and asked the sales assistant to show me how to apply it. She did and it looked liked I had bruising to my cheeks! The colour did not suit my fair/medium with yellow undertones skin whatsoever. She even said the staff steer clear of it and stick to bronzers instead. So disappointed as I had high hopes for it, but at least my purse can breathe a sigh of relief for now!

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

from

5 years ago

Finally, a sculpting powder that does what it's meant to. I ordered the (obscenely expensive) Charlotte Tilbury Sculpt and Highlight Duo and wish I had returned it. The sculpting powder is a shimmery peach colour (huh... who has shadows that are shimmery peach??). But this is a cool taupe that actually mimics shadow on the face and is absolutely natural and undetectable. I actually love the small container because I keep all my makeup in a transportable Bobbi Brown case so smaller containers mean I can squeeze more makeup in there. You use so little of this that it will last a long time. Highly highly recommended. For reference I'm NC25.

About reviewer (35 reviews)

SkinOily

HairBrunette

6 years ago

I have fair skin and this KA sculpting powder is the only one I shall ever use. I threw out my MAC sculpting powder in bone beige and sculpt out the window. This color is by far the most amazing blend to create a shadow on your face. It's not orange, it's not brown, it's not red. It really looks like natural shadows! I do not use a lot, very small amount to contour my nose, cheekbones and jawline. Although the packaging is very small, this should last me a pretty long time. However depending on how heavily you contour your face I guess it varies. The packaging is super small and I'm always worried that I'll drop it or get crushed somewhere. I'm not asking for more product but I wish it had come in a bigger sized compact. Bigger so it's more visible and that I won't lose or accidently knock it off the counter and drop it. Other than that, I highly recommend this product. Don't even bother wasting your money trying cheaper contouring products like MAC or even expensive brands like Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate. I've seen it, I've tried it. From cheap to expensive, this Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder is by far the best contouring powder with the perfect color. Don't waste your money settling with something else. Just save up for a little longer if you were planning on buying MAC. I saved you money if you were thinking about buying Tom Ford Shade & Illuminate. :)

About reviewer (31 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

6 years ago

This product is super expensive for the amount of powder that you get, but nonetheless it's awesome. It really does look natural on the face and you hardly need any product to sculpt your features. I have very fair skin and I love this for my cheekbones and contouring my nose. Worth the hype. Definitely isn't a makeup necessity but if you have the money to splurge go for it, was not disappointed

About reviewer (30 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Coarse

from

6 years ago

Held off buying this powder as its very difficult to come by in Canada (or in my area at least). Pounced on it when I saw it at BeautyMark. LOVED it immediately after application. It really lives up to its hype. Its incredibly natural looking, and you see the slimming/contouring results easily. It truly surprised me as I didn't think that this was something i was going to fall in love with (Seriously -I've fallen in love with this!!) Despite its price, I'd buy it over and over again. I've wasted too much money on different bronzers in an attempt to contour (Chanel - Benefit - Dior - Buxom - Nars). Been there, done that! I've found The One!

About reviewer (14 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Other, Other

6 years ago

Had a credit and a 20-percent discount at Blush, so I had a fairly painless way to buy this incredibly pricey product. As other folks have said, it is a tiny, tiny thing. Size-wise, much more what you'd expect in an eyeshadow than a bronzer or blush. Others have found it to have high pigmentation, but for some reason, I don't find this to be the case—at least under my cheekbones. Must be my skin color (medium/pale neutral with olive undertones), or the shape of my face, but basically, I don't see this stuff showing up until I've applied too much, and then it looks dirty. However, I like it VERY much as an eyeshadow—it provides a nice lift to the eye if you apply in the crease (particularly if you have hooded eyes). It's a really natural look and yet extremely effective, even dramatic (if that makes sense: natural and dramatic). I'd repurchase just for this limited application in the eye area. PROS: - The color has no red in it at all—a perfect shadow color. - There is an infinitesimal amount of glitter in it—doesn't show up on the skin as sparkle, but I suspect without it, the color would look sort of dull or deadening. - Excellent for sculpting the eye in the crease area. - On other skin tones or face shapes (not mine!) I can see how this would work to contour the face, as well CONS: - bizarrely expensive, particularly for the pan size - contains silicone & if you're like me, this can make your skin feel dirty (not breathing)...whenever I put it on my face, I can't wait to take it off (on my eyelids, I don't mind) - doesn't show up well on my cheeks - perhaps only the case if you use too much, but I've noticed that It can settle into pores: definitely not a good look Overall, I think this is a good product, especially if you are into make up that enhances your natural looks, rather than masks them. Even though I only use it for my eyelids, I think it does something special that I can't do with regular eyeshadow.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesHazel

6 years ago

I hung back on this one because A) I have high cheekbones and B) I didn't want to make things more complicated and C) popular as contouring is I didn't want a kardashian face. Right off this actually SIMPLIFIES things. I use less blush or sometimes none at all and it renders such a polished but natural look. Using blush and highlighter along with the contour is just gorgeous and still not made up. There is just one shade of this because it mimics a shadow so therefore it doesn't have to match skin tone. The formula is very, very pigmented which means just barely touching the compact and even then shake some off (It is very finely milled). Applying too much will give you a disappointing result. In love.

About reviewer (478 reviews)

Age44-55