Had a credit and a 20-percent discount at Blush, so I had a fairly painless way to buy this incredibly pricey product. As other folks have said, it is a tiny, tiny thing. Size-wise, much more what you'd expect in an eyeshadow than a bronzer or blush. Others have found it to have high pigmentation, but for some reason, I don't find this to be the case—at least under my cheekbones. Must be my skin color (medium/pale neutral with olive undertones), or the shape of my face, but basically, I don't see this stuff showing up until I've applied too much, and then it looks dirty. However, I like it VERY much as an eyeshadow—it provides a nice lift to the eye if you apply in the crease (particularly if you have hooded eyes). It's a really natural look and yet extremely effective, even dramatic (if that makes sense: natural and dramatic). I'd repurchase just for this limited application in the eye area.
- The color has no red in it at all—a perfect shadow color.
- There is an infinitesimal amount of glitter in it—doesn't show up on the skin as sparkle, but I suspect without it, the color would look sort of dull or deadening.
- Excellent for sculpting the eye in the crease area.
- On other skin tones or face shapes (not mine!) I can see how this would work to contour the face, as well
- bizarrely expensive, particularly for the pan size
- contains silicone & if you're like me, this can make your skin feel dirty (not breathing)...whenever I put it on my face, I can't wait to take it off (on my eyelids, I don't mind)
- doesn't show up well on my cheeks
- perhaps only the case if you use too much, but I've noticed that It can settle into pores: definitely not a good look
Overall, I think this is a good product, especially if you are into make up that enhances your natural looks, rather than masks them. Even though I only use it for my eyelids, I think it does something special that I can't do with regular eyeshadow.