Boots Botanics Skin Smoothing Serum

No Image

3.6

Cyclopentasiloxane; Aqua (Water, Eau); Butylene Glycol; Dimethicone Crosspolymer; Cyclohexasiloxane; Dimethicone Copolyol; Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horsechestnut, Marronnier dInde) Extract; Panthenol; Polysorbate 20; Phenoxyethanol; Tocopheryl Acetate; Parfum (Fragrance); Retinyl Palmitate; Methylparaben; Butylparaben; Ethylparaben; Tetrasodium EDTA; Maltodextrin; Dipropylene Glycol; Isobutylparaben; Propylparaben; Silica; Tocopherol

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

The Boots salesperson at Target talked me into giving this product a try after briefly speaking with me about my sensitive skin and rosacea. I made the purchase and took it home and tried a small amount on my face and immediately knew that this wasn't the product for me. The scent of the supposedly "natural" ingredients in this mixture was overpowering and I started to feel self conscious that people would think I was wearing an overpowering overbearing heavily scented floral (rose hips, according to the rep) perfume. The more I walked around with it on (before even applying my regular moisturizer and make-up routine), the more I had regretted my purchase and immediately headed back to Target the next day to make my exchange for the Boots No 7 Protect and Perfect serum instead. Definitely much more worth it to pay the extra seven dollars or so just to lose the awful floral scent!

...is a full ..FULL!!!of silicone and chemicals serum...perfume and silicone.I tried it and stinged my face and after 2 week si read the ingridients list..U MUST BE JOKING ME!iwouldnt touch my face with that again!

on 11/9/2007 10:46:00 PM

Velvety and smooth to apply. I'm not sure if it is actually doing anything for my skin, but it makes a wonderful makeup primer and I will definitely buy again for that purpose. It has a lovely smell and the pump is really easy to use and works well.

on 12/9/2008 5:04:00 PM

I love this serum. Although I have pretty good skin, I still think my face is a little more "rough" than it should be, and I am hesitant about using too many exfoliating products. This stuff makes my skin feel so nice and smooth. I think it's a good makeup primer as well, as long as you put moisturizer on first. The only drawback is that I seem to be using it up pretty quick as I use 2 pumps twice a day. Good work Boots!

really does smooth out my face and makes it feel very nice. Not the most moisturizing but that's not what it's meant to do. I feel my face really is starting to get smoother and skin better texture-wise. No adverse reactions, nice smell. Also, the pump works very well. Would definitely recommend!

on 3/9/2012 2:27:00 AM

Right, I was looking for a primer/serum with added anti-aging benefits when I stumbled across this. I have used it for 5 days now, and so far it has not clogged pores or caused any irritation to my sensitive skin.
It goes on very nicely, and seems to be somewhat hydrating. My skin has got a nice glow and overall I feel more 'together' and healthy looking.
I am using the Clinique laser UV serum (forgot the name) at night, and may replace that with this (which costs a fraction of the Clinique stuff) if all goes well. Will keep you posted!

on 8/27/2006 10:45:00 PM

I am so addicted to Boots right now. YAY Target. I'm close to having almost everything I swear it.

This stuff, I love it. It truly doesn't make your skin feel smoother immediately after putting it on. I don't even know its there... it doesn't get greasy although when putting it on you'll notice it does feel a little oily on your fingers but it goes away in a flash. Highly recommended. It goes UNDER your moisturizer...

Popular Face Skincare Products