Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake Flavored Lip Shine

Philosophy Vanilla Birthday Cake Flavored Lip Shine

3.9

love it!!1

It's expensive for what it is. Smells great but horribly sticky!!

on 8/3/2013 10:39:00 AM

I love this product!!!! It tastes and smells amazing. My only complaint is that it is a little sticky, but otherwise I am so happy with this product.

on 1/17/2013 10:37:00 AM

This gloss stays on a long time, even when I eat. It smells delicious and it very shiny. The only thing I don't like is the glitter specks in it. It is a bit thick and too sparkly.

Sort of expensive, but the tube is big and I like the part that you apply it to your lips with. It makes my lips so shiny and glossy without that greasy feeling :-/ Also, I LOVE the smell! So delicious!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

I have this and the Cinnamon Buns. Strangely the Cinnamon Buns is a better color on me, this one veers very orange on my NC15 skin.
However, I like the taste and the texture. As others have mentioned, this line of glosses is really sticky, so if you don't like sticky (I do though) you might want to try something else.

Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral

Wow! This lip shine is amazing! I recieved this as a Christmas present from my friend a year back and I have to say it's awesome. I agree with the previous reviewer before me, it does have glitter but it is so fine it just creates more shine. Love the smell! Also when I applied it, I tasted a little bit by accident an it also tastes just like it smells. It does have a bit of orange undertone too. The only thing it is sticky, it doesn't bother me but it may to others. I have about half left and I'm not big about having 'disco ball lips' but this would be worth re-purchasing!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a great lipgloss. I got it as part of the philosophy birthday girl set (which comes with the matching shower gel in an absolutely adorable cardboard canister). As almost everyone before me has said, this smells like yummy vanilla cake batter. Vanilla is one of my all-time favorite scents for lip products, so this is right up my alley. But what I really love about this is the way it looks on my lips. It is incredibly shiny without being overly sticky. In the tube, it looks glittery, but the glitter is so, so fine that it makes my lips look extra shiny instead of glittery. All in all, this is a great product and one I would consider repurchasing when I run out.

on 7/27/2011 9:40:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I agree with what someone else said, it smells like cake batter. I adore vanilla scents so I was very eager to purchase this. This is probably my least favorite lipgloss from Philosophy. Mostly because the scent isn't in my taste. It works well though, and gives a really light shimmer which is nice. I seem to be collecting their lipglosses....

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I too typically love cake smells but hate vanilla. This one is the best of both worlds. I love it. Smooth, not too sticky, not too glittery and tastes amazing.