no images

price range

Reviews

3.0

8 years ago

Notes: cassis, Amalfi lemon, geranium and rose.   This fragrance opens with a wonderful geranium note which is sweet and spicy at the same time. The Mediterranean flower is enhanced by citrus and cassis note to give it added sparkle and depth. Initially the clove-like facet is so strong on my skin, I could almost misread the floral as carnation, but this misleading effect fades fast. A tinge of green adds contrast to the abundance of sweet and spicy facets. Once the notes have settled, the geranium accord is rich and harmonious. Unfortunately I detect a flat metallic facet at the base of the accord (most likely caused by the rose note). It is not off-putting, but mars the overall beauty of the composition. The fragrance changes character as it transitions from head to heart notes: galbanum and spices burn out and are replaced by woodsy-herbal notes. The green balancing note of the head accord remains and adds a mossy facet to the heart. The dry down is warm woodsy base sweetened by a remnant of the main geranium accord. Lasts eight hours on my skin.

About reviewer (308 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

10 years ago

This kind of smells like one of those "fresh" men's colognes to me. Artificially fresh. There is a type of lemony, rose-geranium accord that is too bright for me, like it were a sweep of neon-colored light yellow that kind of sears my eyes. This is waaayyyy too much for me, but if you'd like to try it, I'll be more than happy to send you my sample. I love this geranium cleaning product I have, bought from a health food store (Mrs. Miller's Clean Day Countertop Spray) and I thought this might smell like it. I love other Miller Harris scents as well. This, however, does not. It might very well work on someone else, but with me it is not happening. It smells kind of similar to Eternity for Men in my mind (which smells a million times better to me) but this has a bright lemony accord.

About reviewer (255 reviews)

SkinDry, Other, Warm

HairOther, Other, Other

EyesOther

10 years ago

Favorite MH to date. Crisp floral...compliments galore..

About reviewer (24 reviews)

SkinCombination

HairBrown

EyesBrown

10 years ago

If you love Chanel 19, you'll love this. It's very, very similar... a smidge sweeter and a little less dry/woody. Love this.

About reviewer (71 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlond, Wavy, Fine

from

10 years ago

Gosh I had to add a review to raise its rating, I'm totally in love with it, in our hot dry summer weather anyway! The last reviewer said "This is just joyful, feminine and extroverted to me." which absolutely sums it up. It smells somehow simultaneously sweet, fresh, natural and happy, without smelling like a teenager, at all! Or maybe at over 50, I secretly want to smell like one, I'm not sure ; ) My BF adores it (NOT a necessary quality for my scents ; ) it seems uplifting and fun loving, take that to the gal who said that she hated the Geranium opening and would never like a man who liked it! If you hate Geranium why even try a scent named for it silly girl! I'll update if I tire of this delighful and expertly composed scent, which is much more than the sum of its parts!

About reviewer (112 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

from

10 years ago

Last night I was rummaging around in my box of Miller Harris samples, seeing if there was any one of them I'd dismissed as not liking that I really should try again and I pulled out this one. Well actually I pulled out the tuberose one first and instantly had to wash it off as it was far too vodka and candy for my liking. I dabbed this on tentatively and found myself intrigued at liking it rather a lot, I'm really not one for floral scents and yet this couldn't be more floral if it tried. If this were a colour it would be a pulsating raspberry pink and the shape it would make would be a heart or a bow with a velvet texture. On first applying it, there's a huge gust of geranium, like your beau has told you to close your eyes and stuck a huge bouquet under your nose. But here's how Lyn Harris is clever; she's included the leaf- like smell of the bouquet without it really smelling 'green'. I'm not sure how that is possible but that's what I sense. And unlike geranium oil which is very one dimensional, this is clean and fresh, making it so very good for wearing in the heat. Even I'm finding all the lemon and grapefruit fragrances (despite me loving them) a little predictable for summer this time around. The trouble for me with floral scents is that they either have a very synthetic accord (think sanitary towels and hand wipes) or they can smell a little jaded after a while and all too often have a powdery accord to them (Fleur Oriental I'm looking at you.) This is just joyful, feminine and extrovert to me. Right now, I only have the sample, I'd have to wear it a few more times before thinking about buying it as the bottles are so large and I don't like the pressure of having a large bottle (I'd rather have 2 Miller Harris scents in smaller bottles than 1 large one) I wish she'd sell some smaller versions that can be flung in a bag. I've given packaging quality a '3' because I have a bottle of another of her fragrances and it leaks a little bit. Love the design on them though.

About reviewer (149 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Not Sure

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

3.0

11 years ago

My initial thought was rose, but that was gone after a few minutes. The next few minutes were interesting with the hint of coming complexity... then it disappeared! The bit I did smell seemed masculine, which I like but others may not. Practically zero sillage.

About reviewer (11 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

11 years ago

ROSE, rose and rose. On my skin this is the main feature of this perfume, sometimes it feels to be too overpowering but all in all I love it as it is so luxurious. Lasting power is fantastic and it smells natural.

About reviewer (33 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairOther

11 years ago

Why has Miller Harris opened a tea room? Just out of the back of the shop suddenly a little cafe has opened. Has anyone else been in it? I found the service really poor. Why don't they stick to fragrances?

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOily, Medium

HairBrunette

11 years ago

Can be summed up with the single word "medicinal."

About reviewer (545 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure