4.7

package quality

price range

Reviews

2 years ago

I misjudged this cleanser after using a few 1oz samples provided to me at my dermatologist's office. It very well may have been that the samples were outdated, or I simply didn't figure out how to use this product properly, but when I first tried it with samples I was disappointed. The nurses in my dermatologist's office all really like it, and the reviews here are so positive, that I decided to buy the full size and it's like a completely different product (and no, it isn't a reformulation). This is a light textured gel that foams slightly with water. It glides across the skin nicely and did a very good job of dissolving all of my sunscreen without leaving my skin dry or tight. It did what it says on the bottle: left my skin hydrated and refreshed. The only lingering issue I have is that this product is fragranced and although I didn't have any outward signs of irritation, as I have rosacea it still leaves me with concerns about potential latent irritation. That said, it is a rinse off product, so that fragrance issue is of less concern than in a leave on product. For 6 ounces this is an expensive cleanser at $40.00. However, it is convenient for me to get and my skin isn't reacting to it at all negatively and as my skin has been a bit volatile lately I'm going to carry on with it.

About reviewer (69 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

HairBrown

4 years ago

I'm using this cleanser at the moment right now and I really love it. I have combination skin that sometimes tends to get a bit dry ( especially in the winter!) and this cleanser never dried my skin once. Overall, this is a gentle cleanser that leaves my skin soft and even though this is pricey, there is a lot of product and you barely need a more than pea-sized amount.

About reviewer (2 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

5 years ago

This product is a bit pricey, but considering the quality and results I'm seeing, I would say, it's definitely worth it. I'm surprised there aren't more ratings on this, but glad to see they are all positive and claiming this as a HG cleanser. My only con for this product would be the smell. It's very strongly perfumed and it's not very pleasant, but I'll deal with it for all the benefits I see from using it. It helps shrink my pores, evens out the texture and tone of my skin, gets my skin squeaky clean without overly drying it out and a little product goes a long way because it gets super sudsy. It has also helped my acne.. I'm so sick of acne at the age of 30, but this really helps to keep it at bay. I will definitely keep this as a staple facial cleanser for a while...

About reviewer (23 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesBrown

6 years ago

I have been using the Skinmedica line for about 10 days now and all I can say is WOW! My skin can be a bit red, flaky and I randomly get little clusters of white heads from time to time but, since I have been using this line, my skin is perfect, up close, under bright lights with no make up what so ever on. I actually have had people say to me over the last few days that I have the most beautiful skin. This would only happen on my "best days" of the month before. I am so so pleased with this skin care line!!

About reviewer (32 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination

HairBrunette

6 years ago

My new HG cleanser! Most cleansers are either too drying for my skin and end up making me break out or don't clean well enough and end up making me break out. This one is perfect! It doesn't lather a lot, but it still cleans very effectively. It doesn't leave a residue and is not irritating whatsoever. It just does what it's supposed to- clean the day off my skin. I use it in the AM and PM, but I use Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes in the PM to take off my makeup first. Thanks to Skinmedica Facial Cleanser, TNS Essential Serum, and Rejuvenative moisturizer, my huge pores look smaller and my skin is clean, clear, and glowing! Definitely recommend this to anyone who has trouble finding a cleanser that's "just right".

About reviewer (252 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Tan, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

EyesBlack

8 years ago

Love love love! After bad experiences with many other cleansers, I think I've finally found my HG. I've actually been using it for quite a while now, but I realized I owe it a good review. I have sensitive combo skin that often breaks out when I try new products or fail to remove my makeup well. I was previously using a cleanser and toner combo from Makeup Artist's choice for a long time, and I really liked it, but then suddenly after a TCA peel they were way too drying for me. I tried many cleansers billed as "non-drying" and "for sensitive skin," but had bad reactions to them all. Cream cleansers seem to be too rich for me and clog my pores, and other cleansers caused deep under-the-skin blemishes that took forever to get rid of. I saw this in a doctor's office when I was there for an unrelated appointment, and after reading the trusty MA reviews I decided to give it a shot. So glad I did! The cleanser is a clear gel, and is very lightweight. It lathers a little if you rub your hands together vigorously first, but it's not meant to be a foaming cleanser. I wear very heavy, long-wearing foundation to cover acne marks, and it takes off every single speck of makeup, including non-waterproof eye makeup. In fact, I've been able to stop using a toner because there's literally nothing left to wipe off after washing my face. I've been using it twice a day for almost a year now and have had no breakouts or bad reactions. It may be a tiny bit drying for me, but I'm totally willing to deal with that because it's been a lifesaver in every other way.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Not Sure

HairBlond, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I think this is an excellent basic cleanser...it takes off an overwhelming majority of my makeup, and leaves my skin feeling very soft, and not "stripped". I, however, kind of prefer my face to feel a little tingly after I wash it. I use this during the day, and my Murad Salycylic acid cleanser at night.

About reviewer (689 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair

HairRed

9 years ago

This cleanser works really well..except for the new packaging. When I first got it I was pumping out a clear gel and wondered where the 'foam' was. When I opened the botttle, I noticed the 'foaming ingredients' were stuck in and around the tube & nozzle. No wonder I wasn't getting the deep clean effect. So now I have to shake the bottle vigorously & pour it out making sure everything is mixed well.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Other, Other

EyesBrown

9 years ago

I really like this stuff! I use it with my Clarisonic and it makes my skin smoother than the other cleanser I'm using. I also feel that it really gets down in my pores and gets rid of all the dirt, makeup, and oil. Or maybe that is just a placebo effect from me reading the label, haha! This has not broken me out, and I like the smell....it reminds me of these bath oil beads my mom used to have. Over all, this is a great cleanser. I recommend it!

About reviewer (477 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Medium

9 years ago

I have never found a cleanser I really liked. Rarely do I even buy the same product more than once. I have dehydrated yet oily skin that is always broken out to some degree. Every "acne" cleanser I've ever tried has been way too drying and just irritated my skin, making everything (including breakouts) much worse. Things got a little better when i began using an oil cleanser first, but the soap-free cleanser I was using after the oil didn't leave me feeling all that clean. I purchased this based on all the positive reviews, and even though its not soap-free, I have found it to be neither irritating or drying. After my oil cleanser, this leaves my skin feeling perfectly clean and normal, ready for the rest of my routine - not tight or stinging or irritated. I can also use this in the morning and it doesn't dry me out. I cant speak for its performance without an oil cleanser first, but for me, this seems pretty perfect, and my skin is behaving better than it was with the soap-free cleanser i was using before this. The price is about 30% more than I wish it was, but oh well, i buy it online where I can get a discount. They have recently changed the packaging on this product to a pump, which allows for better control of how much you are using, which is nice because it doesn't take much at all. I wanted to like Cleanance by Avene cuz it's cheaper and similar, but it was fragranced heavily and left me feeling stripped of moisture.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

Age25-29