Lavera Lavera - Basis Sensitive - Lip Balm

Lavera Lavera - Basis Sensitive - Lip Balm

3.4

Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Olea Europaea (Olive Oil)*, Cera Alba (Cera Flava/Beeswax)*, Candelilla Cera (Candelilla Wax), Squalane, Buxus Chinensis (Jojoba Oil)*, Lecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Dulcis (Almond OIl)*, Mangifera Indica (Mango Seed Butter), Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Oryzanol, Anatto/Cl75120, Calendula Officinalis (Calendula Oil)*, Daucus Carota (Carrot Oil), Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Alcohol. *organic

on 4/22/2017 8:25:00 PM

I'm so mad. Horrible. As a product itself it's not hydrating at all. Very sticky and hard consistency.. once you put it on it doesn't sink in or nourish, it just feels like you put on really hard vaseline that just sits sticky on top of your lips that are still dry. It also has alcohol that definitely doesn't help and why would someone want to put alcohol on dry lips anyway. But what really bugs me is it's yet another product that contains lot's of bee wax without stating so on the package. I always make sure I don't buy bee wax/ propolis type balms because I have slight allergic reaction to it, it irritates my lips and makes them red at first, after more use it cases causes dermatitis on the edges. I specifically chose this because it said it has natural ingredients and jojoba and almond and shea butter which are great. Used it for two days and my lips started getting red and almost burnt on the edge. Upon further searching on the net I find out it also has bee wax. It's extremely unprofessional not to state this on packaging as many many people are allergic to it and it's known to cause irritation.

on 2/16/2016 2:33:00 PM

Did nothing for my lips. Feels like vaseline.

Lovely product, that moisturizes my lips for hours. Plus it's a natural product, so would be safe to use on children too. Great value for price

on 3/8/2014 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other

The packaging I have looks different from the photo, maybe it's a newer version. This little product is great. Only need to apply it twice a day and moisturises enough for the rest of the day. It's all natural too! I love it.

Decent enough, quite waxy, but nothing special- wont buy again but nothing actively bad about it

on 4/29/2013 6:46:00 AM

An OK lip balm, nothing spectacular but it also didn't dry out my lips even more as some other lip products do (especially Labello). I like that it has no petroleum, but recently I've been told that natural waxes have the same occluding effect.

on 10/22/2011 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I like many Lavera products, but I didn't like this one.It is a very cheap lip balm, but it was hard to apply and it didn't do much for my cracked lips. The other, coloured lip balms from lavera are way better than this one.

I really wanted to like this - all natural, nice packaging etc. But it makes the corners of my mouth crack and gives me a red rash around my mouth...
I've had this reaction to other all natural lip balm before (Alverde calendula lipbalm, Watsons honey lip balm) so I think its an ingredient in the products that I am allergic to... I read elsewhere that beeswax causes these symptoms in another reviewer so I think it might be this.
Anyway, I liked the tube, the texture was rich but not too hard, there is no smell, no colour, its good at moisturising - I put it on before bed and when I woke up in the middle of the night my lips were still well moisturised. But I found that it got used quite quick - I've been using it for nearly a week and I've used about half a centimeter already.

Average lip balm; very, very waxy on the lips. I wouldn't say it's super moisturising, which surprises me given the ingredients! I do like however, that it has no petroleum and can be purchased at a reasonable price -2.45

Ok, for the positives. Love the fact that the Basis Sensitive range is, according to Lavera, free from "synthetic preservatives, synthetic colourants and fragrances, irritating emulsifiers and surfactants, flower extracts, herb extracts and irritating essential oils."

The balm contains lots of natural ingredients (and the oils and beeswax are also certified organic):
Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Squalane, Soybean Glycerides, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Lysolecithin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Brassica Campestris (Rapeseed) Sterols, Oryzanol, Anatto ( CI 75120), Calendula Officinalis Flower Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Root Extract, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Ascorbic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Alcohol

Also love the fact that the balm is cheap (under 2.50) and comes in a twist-up tube (I never understand the appeal of balms in pots - messy [ewww, don't want slimy stuff on my finger tip - or, worse, under my nail!] and surely unhygienic.

But, in spite of all the good news, Basis wouldn't be my first choice to repurchase. I wasn't too keen on the texture - a thick yellow butter, that melted very easily and felt heavy and gloopy on my lips, instead of sinking in and hydrating them. Even though it didn't irritate my skin and probably protected them (well, the barrier it made was certainly thick enough!), my personal preference is for something lighter.

Popular Lip Treatments