Everyday Minerals Matte Foundation

Everyday Minerals Matte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Mica. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 3/13/2016 1:48:00 PM

Of the three EDM base samples I tried in the free trial kit, this is the one I expected to like the least and actually ended up liking the most. However, I would not actually use it as a regular foundation, so did not mark that I would purchase it.

While the semi-matte formula moved/shifted on my skin on a balmy day and left me a bit shiny/sparkly, the matte formula stayed in place and even through a one hour cardio workout. Although that's the hottest/sweatiest I was able to put this to the test in March on a sample pouch, I was still impressed by its staying power.

The coverage is on the fuller side of medium, though it's not actually full and doesn't create a cakey, powdery or otherwise mask-like effect. It provides even coverage, blurring minor blemish remainder marks and neutralizing light redness. I still used liquid concealer for my dark circles. The shade 1W was a perfect match for my skin and the finely milled powder went on easily and blended nicely. It felt fairly light on, though not as weightless as the semi-matte.

The reason I would not commit to this on the regular is because it did feel somewhat drying on my combination/dry skin. I think that may generally be the case with many powders (and I'm used to using a liquid CC), even if the mineral formulations are purported to be the lightest. So I wouldn't say wearing it was completely "comfortable"; I was still aware that I had makeup on. I will give it credit though, in that in the short trial I used it, it caused no itching, irritation or skin problems. Also, you needed the least amount of powder of the three bases to get the "right" amount of coverage.

It's worth a try though - especially since you can try for free - if you're looking for medium, even coverage in an affordable mineral formula.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had ordered samples years ago (they used to give you little jars now its in packets) and back then before I had been using RetinA my pores were too big to handle it, it looked awful if I did my entire face. Now I'm 44 and still have to be careful with anything powdery or my lines will be enhanced and even more pores though they are smaller. So now what I do is use it along my chin/jawline and forehead, that's it. The only reason I even do the jawline is I have redness and some old somewhat faded acne scars, basically it looks a little red and blotchy at jawline and chin especially. Doing the makeup that way now looks very good and natural. I never go where there are wrinkles ie the crowsfeet area! I skip the cheeks too. I will use under the eye if there are dark patches from allergies using the smallest brush. Anyway the sample of this one concealer I truly loved and want more of they no longer have. Go figure. So I ordered a couple more sample kits to see if I can find something I like.

To Read all 388 Reviews, Login or Join

on 1/5/2016 9:10:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm very happy with this foundation (I use the Matte Base, Rosy Light 2C). They called it a base but it's actually a foundation. It goes on well with both the Real Technique buffing brush and the Beautyblender. The coverage is decent; if I need more coverage, I just wait a little while before applying a second layer. Staying power is quite decent, last even longer if I apply primer first.

A lot of people find mineral powder foundation difficult to handle, but I don't have that problem. In fact, I find that it demands that I be disciplined with my skincare routine, which after a while, I really appreciate because, to me, good makeup starts with good skincare.

I've done repeated orders of this foundation over 2015. Most likely, I won't change brands because it does everything I need a foundation to do. It's also organic and animal cruelty-free, which, to me, makes it tons better than most of the effective commercial foundations in the market.

on 12/30/2015 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this foundation! I use this foundation quite a bit. It is reasonably priced, gives light to medium coverage with a very natural look, but be careful applying it with a flat kabuki brush. Tap off the excess very well. It CAN look cakey if you apply too heavy, or try to layer it, but NEVER breaks me out. Lasts me about 6 months. I will repurchase.

on 10/1/2015 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Everyday Minerals was my HG foundation for years.
Before I found mineral foundation I hated foundation, it was my enemy. It always felt uncomfortable on my skin and didn't help my acne. I needed foundation so much because of my bad skin, but I could never find one that worked. It felt like foundation was a cruel joke, it was only for people with already perfect skin.

I still like it, but don't love it anymore.

The formulations have changed so much over the years... I find the new ones just aren't as reliable as they used to be.
I used to find that the Intensive Base when applied lightly was the absolute best. It just wouldn't budge. That was my biggest HG of all time. Weightless, invisible, buildable, comfortable. It had everything I wanted. It was perfect.
Now, like all powders, the new formulations have migrated into my pores and lines at the end of the day.

A big issue I have with this company is how unreliable their products are. Reliability is the #1 thing you want from makeup! Too much reformulation, and discontinuing/introducing foundation shades going on in my taste.

My skin is aging and changing, and this could contribute to my falling out with this product. I think it's a combination of both.

Anyhow, I'm trying cream/liquid foundation for a while.

on 7/9/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This powder matte foundation didn't work for me. Let's start with the package. The holes are so small in the plastic lid that no powder came out not matter how hard I shook it. I took the cover off and it made a mess on my vanity. I applied it with a brush and the coverage was very light. I couldn't build it. I am 46 and my skin is oily and I have some large pores. This powder foundation did nothing to blur my pores or for oil control. I don't need a lot of coverage form a foundation but this coverage was so minimal. I tried to use a primer, no primer with the product, it didn't make any difference for me. I am disappointed in this product. I didn't know about their sample kit. Definitely try it before you commit. I am going to try and use this as a setting powder. I will not repurchase or recommend.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Let me start by saying that I have used this product for at least the last 6 years. The reason for my long history is the fact that they have a wonderful olive shade that matches me perfect. Sadly since having aging skin (fine lines under my eyes and the my pores more pronounced) I have had to not be a return buyer. Sniff. This stuff is a great mineral power with lots of coverage and LOVE that it's also matte but the powder is simply not fine enough for more (clears throat) mature skin. It tends to show EVERY bump and line on your face making me look haggard. I do recommend for younger faces and they offer a great free (you pay for shipping) free try out package. I think it's also a great buy for the price. I did give one star for packaging since I find the loose powder container frustrating. Small holes that either release no powder or tons of it if you forget to slide the cover over it. I used an empty mineral powder container from a different brand. So turning a page , I now buy a more pricey but great powder by Jane ordeal called PurePressed Base in Golden Glow.

LOVE LOVE LOVE!
I've used Semi-Matte but because I have acne scars, I need totally matte so they are not highlighted more by the slight 'glowiness' semi-matte gives.

I am NC35 in MAC and got 3W Golden Beige. It feels just a bit dark so I mix it with 2W Golden Light. DO NOT follow what the shade looks like in the box, when you apply it it tends to look darker.

I'm very happy with the staying power and matte look, have no complaints. It's medium to full coverage. I use a puff sponge to apply as per the advice of YouTube guru GossMakeupArtist. He recommends if you have icepick acne scars like me, instead of using a kabuki brush, patting a puff sponge in will cover up the acne dents better.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got the seven piece sample to test out the colours and coverage of a few foundations. I really glad I did, because this foundation just didn't work well for me, despite giving it a few tries with different moisturizers, no moisturizer, sheer application, etc. The biggest issues for me were that I didn't find the coverage buildable at all, and it reacted very strangely with moisturizer. Granted, I tried this out in summer, but if it doesn't work in the heat, it's not much good to me. With sunscreen or other moisturizers, as soon as I'd be outside for 10 minutes, I'd have beads of moisture on my nose - something that never happens to me in any other situation! It was a pretty fast deal breaker, though I did try again a couple more times at night just strolling my neighbourhood. Still didn't behave very well.

I highly recommend Lucy Minerals foundation if you prefer more coverage, longer wear, and more product for your money. I saw a comparison video on youtube that showed the mountain of EM product she would have had to use compared to the very small amount of LM for the same coverage. She wasn't kidding!

on 9/3/2014 8:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Note: the reviews below are for the old formulation of EM makeups. They have since eliminated the Lauroyl Lysine that made people break out and returned to their original formula.

I was a Pur Minerals junkie for over 10 years. I could never find anything better (tried Bare Minerals & various drugstore brands). Lately, as I get older, I found my Pur just wasn't giving enough coverage as I'd like. I found myself buying for concealers and CC creams to try to add coverage of my acne scars. I was spending a ton and still not getting the results I wanted. I started to suspect my skin just wasn't matching their shades anymore. After trying my 3rd compact (I went from Blush Medium to Golden Medium to Light Tan), I was still not satisfied and was actually looking into Sheer Cover when I stumbled across Everyday Minerals online and decided to give it a shot because of their free sample offer. I paid approximately $2.00 shipping for 7 samples (4 foundation shades, 2 finishing powders and a bronzer). First off, every makeup company should offer this...fantastic marketing, as I wouldn't have tried the product without this! I really wasn't sure it could beat Pur...until I tried their Tan 5N shade. Holy crap. It's like they formulated it especially for my face. The shade matches so perfectly. My issue with Pur is there are no neutral options, you have to fall into a golden or a blush. I have now realized why the golden always looked a bit too yellow-y for me and the blush, too pinkl. I'm a neutral! This product is also 1/2 the cost of Pur. I ordered the full size, however I'm still using up my sample packet. You need so little of this product that I've seriously gotten WEEKS of use out of 1 sample pack! And I like medium to fuller coverage! I used my IT Bye Bye Under Eye concealer and this base. I use this in combination with their Pearl Finishing Dust. My skin looks flawless and somehow gets better as the day goes on. Words can't express how much I love this makeup :)