Everyday Minerals Matte Foundation

Everyday Minerals Matte Foundation
Matte FoundationMatte Foundation

3.8

Not tested on animals

Mica. May Contain (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 6/23/2017 1:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is my mainstay foundation. Makes me up and evens out my skin tone, and still manages to look amazingly natural. A lot of people have mistakenly thought that I don't wear makeup!

I have good skin, minimal blemishes, of a partially sensitive nature and this foundation does not make me itch. My choice brush to apply it is the Everyday Minerals flat top kabuki brush.

Hard to get the foundation to tip out when it's full. It gets easier once the powder can move around in the packaging. Would like to try out the Semi-Matte formula!

on 5/15/2017 12:44:00 AM

The reason I gave 5 is Everyday Minerals is an excellent product. However, I will not purchase again because the number of color choices have been discontinued by 50%. I started purchasing their products in 2009 & loved the color's, perfect match for my skin tone. The current choices are so limited that I cannot find a suitable match. Very disappointed that the company has imposed limitations on long term customers, limitations are my worst pet peeve.

I have been using Em in shade 2N (fairly light neutral) for several years and it is the only shade that I've found to match my freckled, fair-olive weird skin tone. It doesn't contain bismuth, which is AWESOME, because so many mineral powders do and bismuth gives me an instantaneous itchy rash! This has great coverage for my sometimes flushed cheeks, and has never caused a breakout. After eight hours, I do need to blot my T-Zone and reapply. My only complaint is that the holes in the tub used to be bigger, but now they are so tiny that I have to bang the tub on the counter to get any powder to shake out into the lid- not cool when the husband is sleeping.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I bought this in the color 2w . perfect yellow based but I like the way the semi matte makes my face look way better . I also felt that the matte didn't do any better then then semi matte and controlling oil. I still got Shiney after 6 hours and it would wipe off so easily . good product but I feel like I could really do better for that price . cheaper then bare minerals yes but not the best out there. ( I'm currently experimenting with meow Cosmetics, Lucy minerals, and ulta minerals )

on 3/13/2016 1:48:00 PM

Of the three EDM base samples I tried in the free trial kit, this is the one I expected to like the least and actually ended up liking the most. However, I would not actually use it as a regular foundation, so did not mark that I would purchase it.

While the semi-matte formula moved/shifted on my skin on a balmy day and left me a bit shiny/sparkly, the matte formula stayed in place and even through a one hour cardio workout. Although that's the hottest/sweatiest I was able to put this to the test in March on a sample pouch, I was still impressed by its staying power.

The coverage is on the fuller side of medium, though it's not actually full and doesn't create a cakey, powdery or otherwise mask-like effect. It provides even coverage, blurring minor blemish remainder marks and neutralizing light redness. I still used liquid concealer for my dark circles. The shade 1W was a perfect match for my skin and the finely milled powder went on easily and blended nicely. It felt fairly light on, though not as weightless as the semi-matte.

The reason I would not commit to this on the regular is because it did feel somewhat drying on my combination/dry skin. I think that may generally be the case with many powders (and I'm used to using a liquid CC), even if the mineral formulations are purported to be the lightest. So I wouldn't say wearing it was completely "comfortable"; I was still aware that I had makeup on. I will give it credit though, in that in the short trial I used it, it caused no itching, irritation or skin problems. Also, you needed the least amount of powder of the three bases to get the "right" amount of coverage.

It's worth a try though - especially since you can try for free - if you're looking for medium, even coverage in an affordable mineral formula.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I had ordered samples years ago (they used to give you little jars now its in packets) and back then before I had been using RetinA my pores were too big to handle it, it looked awful if I did my entire face. Now I'm 44 and still have to be careful with anything powdery or my lines will be enhanced and even more pores though they are smaller. So now what I do is use it along my chin/jawline and forehead, that's it. The only reason I even do the jawline is I have redness and some old somewhat faded acne scars, basically it looks a little red and blotchy at jawline and chin especially. Doing the makeup that way now looks very good and natural. I never go where there are wrinkles ie the crowsfeet area! I skip the cheeks too. I will use under the eye if there are dark patches from allergies using the smallest brush. Anyway the sample of this one concealer I truly loved and want more of they no longer have. Go figure. So I ordered a couple more sample kits to see if I can find something I like.

on 1/5/2016 9:10:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I'm very happy with this foundation (I use the Matte Base, Rosy Light 2C). They called it a base but it's actually a foundation. It goes on well with both the Real Technique buffing brush and the Beautyblender. The coverage is decent; if I need more coverage, I just wait a little while before applying a second layer. Staying power is quite decent, last even longer if I apply primer first.

A lot of people find mineral powder foundation difficult to handle, but I don't have that problem. In fact, I find that it demands that I be disciplined with my skincare routine, which after a while, I really appreciate because, to me, good makeup starts with good skincare.

I've done repeated orders of this foundation over 2015. Most likely, I won't change brands because it does everything I need a foundation to do. It's also organic and animal cruelty-free, which, to me, makes it tons better than most of the effective commercial foundations in the market.

on 12/30/2015 9:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love this foundation! I use this foundation quite a bit. It is reasonably priced, gives light to medium coverage with a very natural look, but be careful applying it with a flat kabuki brush. Tap off the excess very well. It CAN look cakey if you apply too heavy, or try to layer it, but NEVER breaks me out. Lasts me about 6 months. I will repurchase.

on 10/1/2015 2:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Everyday Minerals was my HG foundation for years.
Before I found mineral foundation I hated foundation, it was my enemy. It always felt uncomfortable on my skin and didn't help my acne. I needed foundation so much because of my bad skin, but I could never find one that worked. It felt like foundation was a cruel joke, it was only for people with already perfect skin.

I still like it, but don't love it anymore.

The formulations have changed so much over the years... I find the new ones just aren't as reliable as they used to be.
I used to find that the Intensive Base when applied lightly was the absolute best. It just wouldn't budge. That was my biggest HG of all time. Weightless, invisible, buildable, comfortable. It had everything I wanted. It was perfect.
Now, like all powders, the new formulations have migrated into my pores and lines at the end of the day.

A big issue I have with this company is how unreliable their products are. Reliability is the #1 thing you want from makeup! Too much reformulation, and discontinuing/introducing foundation shades going on in my taste.

My skin is aging and changing, and this could contribute to my falling out with this product. I think it's a combination of both.

Anyhow, I'm trying cream/liquid foundation for a while.

on 7/9/2015 4:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

This powder matte foundation didn't work for me. Let's start with the package. The holes are so small in the plastic lid that no powder came out not matter how hard I shook it. I took the cover off and it made a mess on my vanity. I applied it with a brush and the coverage was very light. I couldn't build it. I am 46 and my skin is oily and I have some large pores. This powder foundation did nothing to blur my pores or for oil control. I don't need a lot of coverage form a foundation but this coverage was so minimal. I tried to use a primer, no primer with the product, it didn't make any difference for me. I am disappointed in this product. I didn't know about their sample kit. Definitely try it before you commit. I am going to try and use this as a setting powder. I will not repurchase or recommend.