Dermalogica Active Moist

Dermalogica Active Moist

3.6

Not tested on animals

Lavender(Lavendula Angustifolia) Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Butylene Glycol, Methyl Gluceth-20, Dimethicone, Lactamide MEA, Stearic Acid, Octyl Methoxycinnamate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, PEG-100 Stearate, Extracts Of: Mallow (Malva Sylvestris), Ivy (Hedera Helix), Cucumber (Cucumis Sativus), Sambuscus Nigra, Arnica Montana, Pellitory (Parietaria Officinalis), Watercress (Nasturtium Officianate), Burdock (Arctium Lappa), Sage (Salvia Officinalis), Lemon (Citrus Medica Limonium), Saponaria Officinalis, Grape (Vitis Vinifera) Seed; SIlk Amino Acids, GLycolipis, Hyaluronic Acid, Lavandin (Lavandula Hybridia),Palmitoyl Hydroxypropultrimonium Amylocpectin/Glycerin Crosspolymer, Lethicin, ALlantoin, Panthenol, Cetyl ALcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Polyquaternium-10, Carbomer, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben,Propylparaben

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i have sensitive and acne prone skin. my skin is also very dry. it gives the right amount of moisture to my skin however i wished it would give me more moisture. this is the only moisturizer that wont break me out AT ALL! and it also calms my sensitive skin so overall i do like it!

on 9/6/2017 12:49:00 AM

I can't say that I am impressed with this product but I am content with it. It works ok for my combi skin. It controls my oil even without powdering for the whole day. Since it is quite expensive, I tried looking for a more cheaper alternative that will do the trick but to my dismay I could not find any :( I've tried Neutrogena, Olay and Avene but they just made me oily midday. Olay was the worst as it made me break out! Hence, I would still continue to use this product until I find a more cheaper alternative that will give me the same effect.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

An amazing product, and it's great to have in your Dermalogica collection. However, if you have very oily skin, you're better off leaving this for bedtime rather than applying it before your make-up routine. It won't help your foundation last, and I'd recommend you use Dermalogica's Oil Control Lotion instead.

on 6/26/2017 8:29:00 PM

I purchased this moisturizer after seeing it recommended by a YouTube beauty vlogger. I was looking for something that wasn't heavy and really sinks into my skin, leaving it feeling nice and soft rather than like a tacky, uncomfortable oil slick as so many other brands do for me.

Dermalogica Active Moist fits the bill. It's a lightweight formula that doesn't feel heavy at all, and it does soak right in. I can't feel it on my face after I've used it.

I deducted one star from my rating because it's *slightly* irritating for me. My skin turns a little red after I use it, not sure why. It's not uncomfortable and it doesn't itch, but I do get some redness afterward.

But overall, if you're looking for a good quality moisturizer that isn't heavy and feels good on your skin, this is it. I may buy it again after trying out some other brands first.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This should not be allowed the title of 'moisturiser'.

I wanted to write this really quickly as a warning to those who have been recommended to use this. Now this post isn't anti-Dermalogica in general because I have used some of their products in the past and loved them. But! This post is completely and utterly anti the products targeting oily skin, including the special cleansing gel, multi active toner and active moist (oh God the active moist). I got my oily skin type professionally analysed and was told to use these products to correct. Luckily I chose to buy a pack of travel sized products to trial before buying full size. These products have completely drained the moisture from my skin as they are far too correcting. I've been using for two weeks to allow for an adjustment period and although it's great to not have a shiny t zone come midday, I now am flaky by that time instead. My skin is sore and feels as though it will crack. The whole system is all wrong and treats oily skin like a skin demon who needs to be excorcised. I expected gentle correction but instead it flipped me to the opposite problem. And can I just say that I've never experienced this with any skincare product before.

If you still would like to purchase, please save yourself the potential and highly likely regret and buy the travel pack for oily skin. It's the same price or cheaper than one full size product and allows you to make your mistake and move on.

on 8/9/2016 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is an odd moisturizer for me. I didn't feel particularly moisturized, and I didn't care for how it felt near my eyes. They didn't burn, but they felt tight, until I washed it off.

It feels good on my cheeks and chin, but again, they felt dry.

It felt heavy, but not moisturizing.

It wasn't moisturizing enough for winter, but too much for summer.

I doubt I will repurchase.

on 8/10/2015 10:46:00 PM

The lotion is quite expensive however i think it either works or doesn't work for you. I used the clinique gel before this, from the 3 step system however i felt that was not moisturising at all. However this lotion is very moisturising in combination with the toner. I feel like for this lotion to be most effective, it has to be used in conjunction with the other products in the line. I don't have very dry skin (except around mouth sometimes) so this was perfect for me. It was lightweight yet moisturizing enough for the climate i live in. This moisturiser doesnt break me out, and it is good before my makeup, since i put a primer as well anyways. I will most likely be purchasing the salon size next time, since it is cheaper and more worth it! :D

on 6/11/2015 6:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I like this product. Has a nice odor, moisturizes good. I have acne prone sensitive skin and it leaves my skin feeling nice and isn't heavy in texture at all. It works great. I however think that based on a moisturizer it is a little expensive, but for how it feels and the fact that it doesn't make me break out at all it is nice.

Fantastic moisturizer that does not leave me greasy. It probably wouldn't be great for someone with very dry skin but they have other moisturizers that wold probably be great.

on 6/3/2015 4:19:00 PM

Love this! lightweight, does not leave your skin oily, but has a nice texture. Not very fragrant, which Is nice. Lasts all day, I have oily skin, but this seems to do the trick! A bit pricy, I wish it was a little less expensive, so definitely buy the larger bottle for a better value!