I was drawn to Active Moist mostly due to all the plant derived ingredients. The beautician at my salon whittled it down to just 2 moisturizers that she thought were suited to my skin type, and based on the ingredients list I settled on Dermalogica. Having just stumbled upon the long-forgotten tube I'd stuck in the back of a pile of half used products, I thought I would finally do a write-up on this.
My first attempt at applying it was on a morning - bad idea, I found it did not sink into my skin at all and just sat there, making any sunblock applied over it an impossible task. I found this unusual as the product is oil-free right? Thinking I had perhaps applied too much product I removed with a makeup wipe and applied even less this time around but the effect was the same, albeit less pronounced.
The next time I applied was on an evening, at the end of my cleansing routine. This for me was more ideal as I had no other products to apply over this and could let it sink in (or not as in my case) overnight.
What I liked about Active Moist the most, apart from ingredients, was the fact that it did not cause any adverse reactions - breakout, itchiness etc. It hydrated well - very well in fact, but I do feel more could be done to improve the formulation so that it doesn't sit on the skin and absorbs more readily. Reading the other reviews though I seem to be in a minority so please read my experience with an open mind.
For reference I used this in May 2016
~ My HG list ~
(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)
1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
3. Pigmentation + Anti-Ageing Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Facial Treatment Serum
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment