Kerastase Chroma Reflect Masque

Kerastase Chroma Reflect Masque

2.4

Aqua (Water), Hydroxypropyl Starch Phosphate, Quaternium 87, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Amodimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Candelilla Cera/Candelilla Wax, Methylparaben, Trideceth 6, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Chlorhexidine Dihydrochloride, Cetrimonium Chloride, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3 Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, 2 Oleamido 1, 3 Octadecanediol, Red 33 (CI 17200), Perfume (Fragrance)

i demanded a refund when i purchased this. i was so mad that i spent so much money on something that didn't even live to what it was supposed to do especially with the price. The packaging is nice but thats all.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

Not at all hydrating at least for my hair. One of the worst masks of kerastase i believe. Masquintense is much better if you do want something from kerastase.I dont know what is going on with this brand, it's very expencive , i ve tried few of their products and did like none of them.. I believe they are loaded with protein. Probably will work better if used not in every wash. But this masque ,as well as the matching shampoo, doesn;t really worth its cost. Try a different brand for this money.

To Read all 12 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/19/2012 10:23:00 PM

I wish that I had read these reviews earlier. I now know why my hair is so greasy when I walk out the door after washing it. When I blowdry my hair after using this product, it sticks together, making it look like straw. I am very disappointed to have wasted almost $50 (shampoo + conditioner, $94) on this product, as my hair was looking and feeling so much better with less expensive Redken products.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Uber Expensive! I use this product once a month to condition my color treated hair. It makes it feel soft and silky and really brings out the shine. I do believe it helps protect the dark hair color from fading as well. A quarter size is all that is applied after I shampoo and towel drying my shoulder length hair. The formula works through the hair easily. I do not apply it to the scalp, just the hair. I cover with a plastic cap and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinses and leaves hair looking healthily.

As I said, Uber Expensive but seems to be the one conditioner that is not too heavy, doesn't weigh down my hair, and really brings out the color shine. Protects hair from fading.

One jar does last a long time.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I've bought this product several times, and I love it. It nourishes my hair like nothing else that I have found. It makes it silky soft, and very shiny. And the smell is so incredible.

on 6/29/2010 8:04:00 AM

I used this some time ago and I was not impressed. It does not do anything for my hair: no moisture, no shine, nothing at all. Very expensive line and none of these products remotedly work with my chemically treated hair. Would not advise to buy the chroma reflect line if you have chemically treated hair and are looking for moisture: it just does not do the job. Ridicolously expensive as well!

on 11/23/2008 9:01:00 PM

It is great for shine and if your hair is very dry/damaged. BUT very thick and leaves your hair with that greasy 'not washed out properly' film on your hair. Kind of defeats the purpose of a shine enhancing product. Not happy at all considering the price.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I liked this but loved the shampoo. The masque was not heavey like a masque and I used a bit more than normal. I have to say it may not felt like it was doing the job but afterwards I can feel the difference and see the difference. I have shiney hair that feels soft and nourished. This really is quite a product. But I used it with the shampoo so maybe that helped. I am happy with my hair and it did the job as it was required. That is not something products do. Its worth it for my hair that is dry and thin and curly so I reccomend it for those of the same type.

on 2/9/2007 11:37:00 PM

I have a single process done for my dark brown hair, I'm about a 4. I have frizzy wavy hair, but this gives it such a nice shine w/o bulid up. Only my ends are dry, but I do not use this for moisture. It is pricey, can get it on Ebay. I don't like the tub packaging. I use it once in a while to rev up the shine.

on 10/17/2006 11:14:00 PM

If I was writing this review 2 months ago I would have written raves across the board but my opinion has changed on this product. I've been using the Kerastase line for years (Bain Satin,Masquintense) and have always loved the shampoos and conditioners. I fell in love with the Chroma Reflect Masque after trying it last December. It is rather expensive but I believe that it was worth the $$ and saw a noticeable change in my hair -- it kept my color and left my curls/waves soft, defined and not weighed down. I purchased the Chroma Reflect Masque from my salon twice then once from Loehman's where it was slightly cheaper. I was equally satisfied all 3 times. I purchased it a fourth time off ebay (again because it was $35 vs. $60 at the salon) and although it was perfectly sealed and packaged, the product inside was NOT the same as my previous purchases. The smell was AWFUL like CHEAP, drugstore brand conditioner -- very strong and perfumey. The texture of the product - which was really nice almost like a pudding -- was also a bit different. I thought that maybe I got ripped off on a knock-off product and threw it away. I repurchased from the salon where I first bought it and much to my disappointment I found the same horrible smell. I brought it back to the salon and explained the issue and they told me that the product had not changed according to Kerastase. I even brought the empty jar from the good one so that they could smell the difference and while they agreed they did not smell the same, they would not say that the product had changed. I emailed Kerastase and they gave me the same story. I was so desperate to find the masque with the smell that I liked that I repurchased from Loehman's and again found that the product I got has the awful scent. I CANNOT stand to smell this conditioner in my hair -- it is so strong that it gives me a headache. I would gladly purchase this conditioner again if it returned to the nice, light fruity smell it had when I first purchased it but there is no way of smelling it until you buy it since it is completely sealed up. Now I have two jars of this cheap smelling junk that I can't bring myself to use. I haven't been able to find another review of someone who had the same experience I did but am sure other people must have noticed this. It's a shame because it was hands down the best Kerastase product yet.