Almay Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

Almay Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid
Oil-free eye makeup remover liquidOil-free eye makeup remover liquid

2.2

Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This stuff should never go near your face, much less a mucous membrane. I'm surprised it passed lab testing. It's harsh, it stings the eyes (I could carefully use a q-tip to clean the outer lid of my eyes and it STILL got in my eye!) My eyes burned for an hour after washing them out with water. It doesn't remove much of anything. The sales associate at the makeup counter of Walgreens talked me into it, I had run out of my Mary Kay eye makeup remover and needed a temporary replacement while I located my sales lady. I hate this stuff. $10 a bottle, and the weird clear blue wrapper around the bottle gives the illusion it's full, when you know it's not, because it took half of it to remove taupe eyeshadow and brown mascara! The main ingredients are water and alcohol, glycerin and aloevera. Sounds innocent enough, but NOTHING that should be near your eyes. I won't take a sales associates word for anything again, this stuff is not a gentle product. Avoid like the plague!

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

This is the worst eye makeup remover I've ever used. It smells like a fibreglass factory. It doesn't remove eye makeup and it stings. What a waste!

on 3/14/2016 12:12:00 AM

I stocked up on this while Almay had some $4 coupons out. I felt like it did a very poor job of removing all the makeup on my face. It definitely didn't remove my eye makeup and I had to pull a alternate product out to get my eyes clean. I don't think I would buy This product again, even with the coupons.

on 1/28/2016 7:09:00 PM

I appreciate that this:
~is oil-free
~doesn't leave an oily residue or make me momentarily blind
~this formula doesn't burn my eyes quite like the waterproof version. (Uh... yay?)

This is my second bottle, mostly because I needed something, this was cheap, and I bought it before all the new micellar waters came out. (I will be trying a garnier micellar water next/instead.) This can do the job of removing my makeup... eventually. It seems like it takes too much product and effort to actually remove anything, much less everything. It's not technically that expensive, but I have to use too much to really call this cheap.

Hilariously & ironically, it won't even remove the regular version of the Almay Get Up & Grow Mascara.

on 10/12/2015 12:27:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I just finished a bottle and my overall experience was that this did the job. It felt refreshing on the eyes, didn't sting that much, did a great job of removing makeup and waterproof liner. HOWEVER, after I read a few reviews, something clicked... others claimed it left their eyes "raw" and tender... it dawned on me that this could be what cause my right eye lid to be very dry (dry patch and the skin started peeling in one spot), raw and tender. No matter how gentle I was with removing makeup and I even started applying an eye cream, which burned some times when it was irritated... I will give an update once I switch to a different brand. Goodness, I sure hope it is this product after all!!!

Before I even thought it could have been the makeup remover causing my eye to be like that, I would have given this product 4 lippies. YIKES!!!!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

on 4/5/2015 7:21:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

For something that claims to be oil-free, it sure feels oily. I had the Almay remover cloths, but they dried out (bad packaging) so I used this to 'rehydrate' them so to speak. It works, but it's so greasy and it stung my eyes. Will not repurchase. I will stick to Huggies baby wipes. 72 for $2, do not sting, and they remove my makeup well.

on 2/21/2015 11:25:00 PM

First off, it stung my eyes like crazy. The product claims to be without irritation but it does the total opposite - for me anyway. I put it on a cotton ball/round, as you would, and then gently placed it on my eyelid for a couple of seconds. Straight after I began to feel a burning sensation and it irritated my eye so bad that I had to apply cold water to it. I didn't want to attempt it on my other eye in case it caused the same results.

I bought this product on a whim because I was running out of eye makeup remover. I have two holy grail eye makeup removers but one day I decided to try a cheaper alternative with similar product claims. I don't want to hate on the product because it probably works on others but I honestly recommend that if you want to try other eye makeup removers, smell the product first if you can because if it has a strong chemical-like smell, chances are it could sting your eyes and cause irritation.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Kind of stings and doesnt remove all makeup. Not that good for sensetive eyes.

It removes the daily makeup without any difficulties but it's pretty hard to get rid of the eyeliner/mascara. If you rub over your lashes, be careful, your lashes might fall out. And smells horrible like drugstore alcohol.

It definitely not worth the title of "#1 eye makeup remover brand in America", definitely bullshit.