Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

4.2

:P

on 12/7/2016 7:00:00 PM

I'm disappointed. It's an okay eyelash curler, lashes are curled and look quite natural, the curl also seems to stay all day (could be the mascara though)...but I can get the same result with a cheaper curler. I don't know what eye shape this curler is meant for, but my eyes are quite deepset and on the small side, kind of like sandra bullock or jennifer lawrence. My lashes are average...abit sparse but long with a slight natural curl. I feel like a more rounded shape would fit my lashline better. With this curler, I need to go back in to my inner lashes to catch the hairs there. It's not a big deal, it's just that for the price I paid I was expecting perfection. I paid about us$35 for it in my country, it's insane, it's not even worth one third of that amount. Maybe if I had paid 10 bucks for it I'd be happier with this product. I'll keep it and use it since I can't return it. I just really wish I had saved my money and gone for something way cheaper.

on 10/19/2016 3:14:00 AM

I don't know what witchcraft Shu Uemura have put into this product, but this really gives my lashes and amazing lift and curl.

I have short, straight lashes and have been curling them for years. I purchased this curler about 2 months ago and cannot believe the difference it makes- I've even kept going back to my old ones to check I'm not imagining the difference.

The first day I used it, a lady at work asked what my new mascara was because they looked so much longer, she did not believe me when I told her that it was the same mascara but different eyelash curlers!

The curl lasts all day long (previous curlers lasted maybe 20mins tops) and is easy to make even. I don't even have to heat this one with my hairdryer like I did with the old ones!

on 9/19/2016 11:34:00 AM

I have the Shiseido one and a cheap no brand drugstore one . Both work better compared to this . Whether it works definitely varies depending on one's eye shape . I love my Shiseido one as it gives me a round natural curve and looks so natural .

on 9/18/2016 11:03:00 PM

This is the best curler I've ever tried! Doesn't pinch my eyelids and It does it job pretty well! Been Using it for years now, and it never disappoints me.

on 8/8/2016 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm asian and my eyes are medium-sized. This product fails in so many levels for me personally. The only plus side is that the rubber is very good quality and would curl the lashes easily.... If the curler fits your eyes. In my case, it does fit my eyes. The design was just weird! Firstly it has very small opening! It's a struggle to get the lashes in. Secondly, the design is quite flat. So when curling my eyelashes, only the midsection got curled, not side lashes. I had to move the curler left and right to grab those side lashes. Well, my $10 curler doesnt do this. Though the rubber is not as good as Shu's but I am more satisfied with the shape as it's curvy and grabs all the lashes from left to Right. I am very disappointed with this item.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Works well. Not the cheapest product but the fact that it does what I wanted and hoped for, means I am happy with it. Great product overall

on 6/10/2016 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

No eyelash curler fits everybody. I did a lot of research before getting this. It was supposed to fit my small eyes but unfortunately it's too big and too curved for my small deep set eyes. It doesn't grab the lashes in the outer corner (the most important ones). Other than that the curl is nice and longlasting (on the lashes that get curled) but if I try to reach the outer corner ones, I cannot and end up pinching myself. It's just too big.
After even more research, I got the Shiseido. It's less curved than the Shu so I'm able to catch all my lashes without struggle and it's a couple of millimeters less wide than the Shu Uemura.
Look here for a comparison of the 2: http://www.adifferentface.net/2013/11/04/review-comparison-shu-uemura-vs-shiseido-eyelash-curlers/

Note 1: The replacement pads of the Shu Uemura are not sold. The ones of Shiseido should fit the Shu Uemura. They are just a tiny bit smaller than the Shu Uemura pads.

Note 2: for small almond deep set eyes like mine the Tweezerman ProMaster (not the ProCurl) is made for that specific eye shape. I couldn't test it because they didn't have testers for it at sephora. And I'm not buying it without testing. But it could work for you.

These are the articles that have helped me a lot in finding the right eyelash curler, I hope they help you too:

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My eyes and eyelashes love this so much! I honestly wouldn't have bought it for myself because I thought it's too expensive, but I thank my aunt every single day for giving me this eyelash curler as a present for me!

The curvature fits my eyes perfectly. I'm so amazed; NO MORE PINCHING my eyelids! I used to have the ELF one, and I had thought I would never go astray (I even bought two backups of the ELF eyelash curler), but I have seen the light. The ELF used to pinch my eyelids but this Shu Uemura curls so well without the pain.

Although both the ELF and the Shu Uemura curlers produce similar curls, the SU one holds so much longer. I sometimes just curl my lashes without putting on mascara and the curls last throughout the day. It's also important to note how oily my entire face is, especially my eyelids, yet the oils didn't make my curled lashes droopy! Yay!

on 4/28/2016 2:34:00 PM

I could kick myself for resisting this for so long.

Price: Sign up at the SU website and wait for their promo--you can get this for 20% off plus free s/h. Good deal, since it's not available for purchase at any brick and mortar in the US.

Packaging: Comes in a box with one replacement lash curler pad. Handles move cleanly without sticking.

Product: I never thought much about curling my eyelashes until I found Lisa Eldridge's website, binge-watched most of her videos, and convinced myself that this was a sorely lacking step in my makeup routine. That night I pulled out some random unused lash curler that had been kicking around in the bottom of my makeup drawer for like five years. It took a bit to get the hang of it (whatever brand I had tended to stick once a month or so), but once I did--BAM. Lisa was right. If nothing else, curl your lashes!

And then I entered an internal debate that I often find myself: do I want to spend the money on this product, long hailed as the "best of the best" in the world of eyelash curlers? Or do I just KOKO with my acceptable version? Let me save you the trouble: go for it. Mine came and the first time I used it my mouth was slightly ajar, maybe because I could swear I heard angels singing. Nary a pinch or a stick or anything but bright, opened eyes. Accept no substitutes!

on 3/23/2016 11:10:00 AM

I picked up this lovely item at the airport in Japan. If you are buying online, it might be pricier, but I got a legit one for 10 bucks. The packaging is nothing special. Just standard plastic that can bend. The curler, however, is quite magical. I would like to just say that I have long lashes. The only issue is that I have Asian eyes. They are not small, but they are almond-shaped. The drugstore curlers in the US have not been very kind to me, but this lash curler is a miracle on earth. It fits very well and doesn't pull at my lashes. I do have a few gripes. First of all, there are no replacement pads for this curler when toy buy it. My Tweezerman curlers always come with three of those replacements pads. I feel like I must buy a new curler, so that's such a waste of money. These curlers get pricey online. I also don't like how unavailable this item is. There should be more distibution of this item! All my fellow Asian ladies will have to face the struggle of finding a lash curler that actually works for us until more of these can be on the shelves of stores around the world. Until then, buy it on the pricier side, go to Japan, or just keep looking.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools