Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

4.2

:P

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have deep set eyes and this curler doesn't work for me. The upper plate is too large for me to be able to put the curler close to the roots of my lashes. The maximum I can do is to curl the lash upper half. Not a flattering look from the side, no difference from the front.
Completely useless tool for deep-set eyes, like any other lash curler I ever bought (MAC, Shiseido, Talika, and some from Amazon).

P.S. I think the shape of this curler generally fits Caucasian eyes better than Shiseido since it's more curved. For monoids, Shiseido will be the better option.

on 5/26/2018 11:18:00 PM

Yes, it really is that good.

The shallower angle of the curved part (facing the eye) allows you to clamp lashes close to the roots, creating more lift. I held off buying this for so long as I couldn't see what it could have over other curlers, but the shape of it allows better inclusion of all your upper lashes when you clamp them. Only cost me £8 too, but I've only had to replace the pad once since I bought it 5 years ago.

I have been using this eyelash curler for the last couple of years and it has worked amazingly with me only needing to repurchase it once. The curl lasts all day, even if i don't apply mascara.

This is my first Shu Uemura curler and it did not disappoint! To start, I went with this one in particular because I saw Tati use it on her YouTube channel. I had to have it. Mario! Yes! I have such fond memories of playing Mario when I was a kid, so I wanted this for performance as well as nostalgia. This curler is the same as the original Shu curler, just made in stunning gold, with the cutest gold/yellow Mario star on a keychain that is the cutest little accessory. The best part is this hands down the best eyelash curler I have EVER used and I have used so many! Every damn (pardon me) curler I have bought always seems to pinch my eyelids because I'm trying to curl as close as possible to the root of my lashes. I'm not new to at using an eyelash curler, so curling my eyelashes shouldn't be so difficult or painful. Not only that, other eyelash curlers never even curled very well for that matter. THIS EYELASH CURLER WORKS. It gets to the root of my lashes due to the curvature of the curler itself. The design, utter perfection. The design keeps me from pinching my lids, curls all my lashes, and leaves a curl that lasts all day. I can feel my eyelashes brushing against my brow bone all day. I love the culer so much, I'm kicking myself for purchasing it sooner! Do yourself a favor and just splurge a bit and get it! It's literally the only one you will EVER need. I will never go back to Tarte or other drugstore curlers again! Shu has gained another fan!

Bought this 5 + years ago, I am still using it today. I've bought a few other lash curlers but keep coming back to this one.

Some curlers bend the lashes so they stick up in an L shape. It looks unnatural and you can feel it when you blink etc.
This bends the lashes in a natural curve going upwards. It outlasts any other curler i've had, the "rubber" part also sets this apart from your average curler. It doesn't change shape, it doesn't cut open where the upper part pushes down on it etc. Its super sturdy. Your lashes won't droop the entire day either. Even using a hairdried (warm) curler can't beat this thing.

I've also dropped it, stepped on it and have had it lying in a moist bathroom drawer and its still in premium condition. I've had other curlers that bend easily and one even snapped off some of my lashes because it was crooked. Not this.

Thank you Shu for this wonderful tool.

on 3/1/2018 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I gave into all the hype and purchased this curler. I have no regrets! This is the best, I have small almond shaped eyes, and this works great and curls every single lash. My problem that I had before this curler came into my life is that my lashes would not hold a curl, that problem is solved now with this curler, I also use waterproof mascara as a base coat and then go in with any other mascara. It comes with one replacement rubber insert. I have tried other eye lash curlers but I always come back to this one. I have owned mine for about 5 years and it still works as if it was new.

on 1/20/2018 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Awesome priduct! Thanks to this curler I can have beautiful lashes for the first time in my life. It's very easy to use and doesn't ever pinch my eyelids. Looks so pretty, the way lashes should ideally be by nature. I also blast it with the hair drier until it's a bit warm for maximum impact and mascara goes on so nicely on top.

It's a shame you can't get replacement pads but I won't throw away a perfectly sturdy tool and there are always shiseido's pads thankfully. Lastly I don't find the price that bad at all; if you think of it, Shu curlers while being such a key product for any look -ordered abroad- cost as much as a maybelline mascara does in my country and last so much longer. I should have gotten it sooner!

At first, I was hesitant to spend $25 CAD on an eyelash curler (at Japanese airports this only costs 1300 yen, which around $15 CAD by the way) but when I tried this all my hesitations went out the window. I have almond shaped eyes with medium to long lashes and these curl the lashes very well - even the hard to reach outer lashes! Since they fit my eye shape, it's very rare that this eyelash curler ever pinches my eyelids. I love the great tension of this eyelash curler, you don't have to pinch hard every time to get a nice curl. One downside to this product is that the opening doesn't open very wide so if you have thick lashes I would consider something else.

Overall, this is a staple product in my collection and I will definitely keep repurchasing this unless I find something better.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

As of around mid-2015 (when my DH gifted one to me) I have owned this curler as well as an older Revlon lash curler. I read all of the hype about the Shu curler and thought, I have to have this. As I have grown older, I've noticed what a big positive difference it can make in how awake I look, if I curl my lashes before applying my mascara.

It's okay. I notice people here talking about changes to the manufacture. Maybe that is the case, i don't know. However, I honestly don't see any difference between this and my old Revlon curler. I never noticed problems around my eye shape and the old curler, and I don't have problems with the Shu. I received a replacement pad with each of them, and the pads seem to be long-lasting. I do rinse in hot water every month or so. Possibly the use of the curler BEFORE applying mascara helps avoid a lot of mascara gunk messing up the pads and the curler.

I like this fine, I just am not sure anyone should feel pressed to replace a perfectly good, less pricey one, with this curler.

on 6/22/2017 7:17:00 PM

I know most of you will scream "gross!!!," but I after 14 years I have never changed the pad. And it still works beautifully. Slim design, perfect curve. Score!

Yes, I dose it with alcohol from time to time. Not often.

I use it before and after mascara application, with a blow drier when I am motivated, and it always works well.

Am not a germophobe. If you're not either, my usage might appeal to you.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools