Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

4.2

:P

Bought this 5 + years ago, I am still using it today. I've bought a few other lash curlers but keep coming back to this one.

Some curlers bend the lashes so they stick up in an L shape. It looks unnatural and you can feel it when you blink etc.
This bends the lashes in a natural curve going upwards. It outlasts any other curler i've had, the "rubber" part also sets this apart from your average curler. It doesn't change shape, it doesn't cut open where the upper part pushes down on it etc. Its super sturdy. Your lashes won't droop the entire day either. Even using a hairdried (warm) curler can't beat this thing.

I've also dropped it, stepped on it and have had it lying in a moist bathroom drawer and its still in premium condition. I've had other curlers that bend easily and one even snapped off some of my lashes because it was crooked. Not this.

Thank you Shu for this wonderful tool.

on 3/1/2018 8:11:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I gave into all the hype and purchased this curler. I have no regrets! This is the best, I have small almond shaped eyes, and this works great and curls every single lash. My problem that I had before this curler came into my life is that my lashes would not hold a curl, that problem is solved now with this curler, I also use waterproof mascara as a base coat and then go in with any other mascara. It comes with one replacement rubber insert. I have tried other eye lash curlers but I always come back to this one. I have owned mine for about 5 years and it still works as if it was new.

on 1/20/2018 3:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Awesome priduct! Thanks to this curler I can have beautiful lashes for the first time in my life. It's very easy to use and doesn't ever pinch my eyelids. Looks so pretty, the way lashes should ideally be by nature. I also blast it with the hair drier until it's a bit warm for maximum impact and mascara goes on so nicely on top.

It's a shame you can't get replacement pads but I won't throw away a perfectly sturdy tool and there are always shiseido's pads thankfully. Lastly I don't find the price that bad at all; if you think of it, Shu curlers while being such a key product for any look -ordered abroad- cost as much as a maybelline mascara does in my country and last so much longer. I should have gotten it sooner!

At first, I was hesitant to spend $25 CAD on an eyelash curler (at Japanese airports this only costs 1300 yen, which around $15 CAD by the way) but when I tried this all my hesitations went out the window. I have almond shaped eyes with medium to long lashes and these curl the lashes very well - even the hard to reach outer lashes! Since they fit my eye shape, it's very rare that this eyelash curler ever pinches my eyelids. I love the great tension of this eyelash curler, you don't have to pinch hard every time to get a nice curl. One downside to this product is that the opening doesn't open very wide so if you have thick lashes I would consider something else.

Overall, this is a staple product in my collection and I will definitely keep repurchasing this unless I find something better.

Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine

As of around mid-2015 (when my DH gifted one to me) I have owned this curler as well as an older Revlon lash curler. I read all of the hype about the Shu curler and thought, I have to have this. As I have grown older, I've noticed what a big positive difference it can make in how awake I look, if I curl my lashes before applying my mascara.

It's okay. I notice people here talking about changes to the manufacture. Maybe that is the case, i don't know. However, I honestly don't see any difference between this and my old Revlon curler. I never noticed problems around my eye shape and the old curler, and I don't have problems with the Shu. I received a replacement pad with each of them, and the pads seem to be long-lasting. I do rinse in hot water every month or so. Possibly the use of the curler BEFORE applying mascara helps avoid a lot of mascara gunk messing up the pads and the curler.

I like this fine, I just am not sure anyone should feel pressed to replace a perfectly good, less pricey one, with this curler.

on 6/22/2017 7:17:00 PM

I know most of you will scream "gross!!!," but I after 14 years I have never changed the pad. And it still works beautifully. Slim design, perfect curve. Score!

Yes, I dose it with alcohol from time to time. Not often.

I use it before and after mascara application, with a blow drier when I am motivated, and it always works well.

Am not a germophobe. If you're not either, my usage might appeal to you.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

***Cries*** I have long, dark, full lashes. EXCEPT they are straight. I've tried lots of different mascaras. I finally shelled out the $$ for this curler since it seems to have cult like HG status. It was pure meh! I think my tweezerman curler does better than this. I'm going to return mine. It is completely not worth the cost.

FYI, I bought mine from shu site. It came with 1 extra pad.

on 4/23/2017 3:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I have used these -the same ones -- for at least 15 years, probably longer. I have one for each bathroom and one for my travel bag. They fit all the lashes easily (perfect curvature) and don't pinch. I curl before and after applying mascara and wipe the pads off after each use. if there is a lot of mascara residue transfer, I use an almay non oily eye make up remover pads or a bit of bliss lid and lash on it. Probably other companies today make less expensive ones that are good. But, these work for me, even on days when I don't wear mascara, and I have sparse, thin, stubby Asian lashes. By the way, the pads last forever if you keep them clean. I have back up pads (shu eumura used to sell them, but I guess from reviews that this is no longer the case).

Note: I have been using castor oil on lashes to little (growth) effect. But. I recently applied on curled lashes (mainly because I was concerned that the oil not increase the possibility of milia on the lower lash line, but since CO is low on comedonic scale, I probably have more to worry about with eye liner). They stayed curled for over ten hours. !!!!! When I woke up, they weren't stick straight or pointed downwards (as per usual). Might be a nice option for bare faced weekend days.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Mine came with a replacement pack of pads made for shiseido curlers but this was eBay after all & I bought an extra pack just in case. I have MAC, shiseido, Shu & ELF I like MAC's best but I lost the replacement pad unfortunately so it's toast when that wears out. I like having replacement pads :-) that alone would sway me to buy Shu or shiseido although I've never wore out a pad. The eye lash curler is the push up bra of the MU world: nothing so simple short of lipstick can change your look! Shu fits my eye well, it's effective I spent $20 on mine. I admit the ELF one works pretty good thou!

on 3/4/2017 6:37:00 PM

I have used this curler for many, many years. Last time I needed replacement pads I did a LOT of checking, and it seemed that the consensus of research is that the curler itself USED to be the Gold Standard, but then in recent years has been manufactured differently and is not the same quality that it was before.
Today I am searching for replacement pads, because I bought about 10 packages of ELF pads that FIT the Shu Uemura curler -- but they don't last long. ...
Still, my daughter is big into makeup and LOVES using my Shu curler --- so I suspect that some of the recent bad reviews some from whatever "new" manufacturer is used.
I'm STILL very happy with mine, and will just be trying to find pads that fit it until ....

Popular Misc Beauty Tools