Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

4.2

:P

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Works well. Not the cheapest product but the fact that it does what I wanted and hoped for, means I am happy with it. Great product overall

on 6/10/2016 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

No eyelash curler fits everybody. I did a lot of research before getting this. It was supposed to fit my small eyes but unfortunately it's too big and too curved for my small deep set eyes. It doesn't grab all of my lashes specially the ones in the outer corner (the most important ones). Other than that it's an excellent quality eyelash curler. The curl that I get is nice and longlasting on the lashes that get curled but if I try to reach the other ones, I cannot and end up pinching myself. It's just too big.
After even more research, I'm getting the Shiseido. It is similar to the Shu Uemura but less curved and that makes all the difference! I'm able to catch all my lashes without struggle and it's a couple of millimeters less wide than the Shu Uemura.
Look here for a comparison of the 2: http://www.adifferentface.net/2013/11/04/review-comparison-shu-uemura-vs-shiseido-eyelash-curlers/

Note 1: The replacement pads of the Shu Uemura are not sold. According to many reviews the ones of Shiseido should fit the Shu Uemura. They are just 1-2 milimeters smaller than the Shu Uemura pads. So if you love the Shu get the Shiseido pads.

Note 2: for small almond deep set eyes like mine the Tweezerman ProMaster (not the ProCurl) is made for that specific eye shape. I couldn't test it because they didn't have testers for it at sephora. And I'm not buying it without testing. But it could work for you.

These are the articles that have helped me a lot in finding the right eyelash curler, I hope they help you too:

To Read all 2150 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

My eyes and eyelashes love this so much! I honestly wouldn't have bought it for myself because I thought it's too expensive, but I thank my aunt every single day for giving me this eyelash curler as a present for me!

The curvature fits my eyes perfectly. I'm so amazed; NO MORE PINCHING my eyelids! I used to have the ELF one, and I had thought I would never go astray (I even bought two backups of the ELF eyelash curler), but I have seen the light. The ELF used to pinch my eyelids but this Shu Uemura curls so well without the pain.

Although both the ELF and the Shu Uemura curlers produce similar curls, the SU one holds so much longer. I sometimes just curl my lashes without putting on mascara and the curls last throughout the day. It's also important to note how oily my entire face is, especially my eyelids, yet the oils didn't make my curled lashes droopy! Yay!

on 4/28/2016 2:34:00 PM

I could kick myself for resisting this for so long.

Price: Sign up at the SU website and wait for their promo--you can get this for 20% off plus free s/h. Good deal, since it's not available for purchase at any brick and mortar in the US.

Packaging: Comes in a box with one replacement lash curler pad. Handles move cleanly without sticking.

Product: I never thought much about curling my eyelashes until I found Lisa Eldridge's website, binge-watched most of her videos, and convinced myself that this was a sorely lacking step in my makeup routine. That night I pulled out some random unused lash curler that had been kicking around in the bottom of my makeup drawer for like five years. It took a bit to get the hang of it (whatever brand I had tended to stick once a month or so), but once I did--BAM. Lisa was right. If nothing else, curl your lashes!

And then I entered an internal debate that I often find myself: do I want to spend the money on this product, long hailed as the "best of the best" in the world of eyelash curlers? Or do I just KOKO with my acceptable version? Let me save you the trouble: go for it. Mine came and the first time I used it my mouth was slightly ajar, maybe because I could swear I heard angels singing. Nary a pinch or a stick or anything but bright, opened eyes. Accept no substitutes!

on 3/23/2016 11:10:00 AM

I picked up this lovely item at the airport in Japan. If you are buying online, it might be pricier, but I got a legit one for 10 bucks. The packaging is nothing special. Just standard plastic that can bend. The curler, however, is quite magical. I would like to just say that I have long lashes. The only issue is that I have Asian eyes. They are not small, but they are almond-shaped. The drugstore curlers in the US have not been very kind to me, but this lash curler is a miracle on earth. It fits very well and doesn't pull at my lashes. I do have a few gripes. First of all, there are no replacement pads for this curler when toy buy it. My Tweezerman curlers always come with three of those replacements pads. I feel like I must buy a new curler, so that's such a waste of money. These curlers get pricey online. I also don't like how unavailable this item is. There should be more distibution of this item! All my fellow Asian ladies will have to face the struggle of finding a lash curler that actually works for us until more of these can be on the shelves of stores around the world. Until then, buy it on the pricier side, go to Japan, or just keep looking.

on 3/16/2016 11:32:00 PM

I was hesitant to fork out $30 for an eyelash curler but I decided to take the plunge anyway, and I must say I have no regrets. It's so easy to make my lashes flutter with this product. It fits my eye shape and gives me a well-rounded curl rather than that cringe-worthy 120 degree angle that some curlers tend to do, even after applying that three step rule of curling your eyelashes. But it doesn't get a full 5 lippie rating because sometimes it misses one or two of my eyelashes and I try to grab those two lashes, but it ends up overcurling the rest of my lashes giving it a weird shape.

on 3/3/2016 1:09:00 AM

My holy grail eyelash curler. Does things to your eyelashes that you never thought was possible. It's amazing for women who naturally have short eyelashes, but will be able to lift them to the point where it looks like you're wearing falsies. I switched to shiseido's overhyped eyelash curler on a whim since they don't sell these in the US anymore, and it sucks. It pinches too hard, and creates an unnatural curl. Definitely go with the shu uemura curler over anything if given the chance

on 2/14/2016 10:45:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Excellent eyelash curler. Doesn't pinch the sides of my eyes. The pad lasts forever.

on 1/29/2016 8:01:00 AM

My eyes are less deep set. The curve of this is a bit off my eyes. Back to shisheido, the curve of that curler is flatter, thus more suitable for my eyes.

on 1/25/2016 11:17:00 AM

I have somewhat round eyes, I suppose, but since a lot of people were raving about how great this curler is I decided to try it on anyway and see how it is...
And, honestly, the only reason it doesn't get 5 from me is because the shape is a bit off on my eyes.
Other than that?
I went from using an old H&M-curler to this and the change was amazing. My eyelashes actually get curled and stay like that for as long as I want them to, and if I ever lost this one I would definitely buy the same one again.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools