Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler

4.2

:P

on 3/4/2017 6:37:00 PM

I have used this curler for many, many years. Last time I needed replacement pads I did a LOT of checking, and it seemed that the consensus of research is that the curler itself USED to be the Gold Standard, but then in recent years has been manufactured differently and is not the same quality that it was before.
Today I am searching for replacement pads, because I bought about 10 packages of ELF pads that FIT the Shu Uemura curler -- but they don't last long. ...
Still, my daughter is big into makeup and LOVES using my Shu curler --- so I suspect that some of the recent bad reviews some from whatever "new" manufacturer is used.
I'm STILL very happy with mine, and will just be trying to find pads that fit it until ....

This was supposed to be the holy grail of eyelash curlers but was meh, especially for the price. $25 on Amazon with no replacement pads. My lashes are fairly short and trend downwards. Sighs.
For the price I expected a miracle but like Joe Fresh and Revlon curlers that I tried and tossed, this still leaves much to be desired. The right eye works great, curls doesn't pinch but the left? I just can't get in there to catch any lashes without pinching. I don't know what it is about my eye shape or deep set eyes that makes curling my lashes on one eye, next to impossible.
There you have it. My eyes are shaped wrong for this thing. It's too bad because I like how strong the metal feels not like the flimsy plastic of the Joe Fresh curler I broke.
I'm going to try the shisheido next

on 3/1/2017 7:28:00 PM

Finally got this highly coveted device only to be very disappointed. I've heard it conforms to your eye better... Personally I have more issues with this thing pinching me than practically any other curler I have... It's not terrible once you get used to it but it's nothing special for me. I definitely will not repurchase this whenever I need to. The one thing I will give it is that it's pretty sturdy. It definitely feels better made than a lot of the other curlers I've tried.

on 12/7/2016 7:00:00 PM

I'm disappointed. It's an okay eyelash curler, lashes are curled and look quite natural, the curl also seems to stay all day (could be the mascara though)...but I can get the same result with a cheaper curler. I don't know what eye shape this curler is meant for, but my eyes are quite deepset and on the small side, kind of like sandra bullock or jennifer lawrence. My lashes are average...abit sparse but long with a slight natural curl. I feel like a more rounded shape would fit my lashline better. With this curler, I need to go back in to my inner lashes to catch the hairs there. It's not a big deal, it's just that for the price I paid I was expecting perfection. I paid about us$35 for it in my country, it's insane, it's not even worth one third of that amount. Maybe if I had paid 10 bucks for it I'd be happier with this product. I'll keep it and use it since I can't return it. I just really wish I had saved my money and gone for something way cheaper.

on 10/19/2016 3:14:00 AM

I don't know what witchcraft Shu Uemura have put into this product, but this really gives my lashes and amazing lift and curl.

I have short, straight lashes and have been curling them for years. I purchased this curler about 2 months ago and cannot believe the difference it makes- I've even kept going back to my old ones to check I'm not imagining the difference.

The first day I used it, a lady at work asked what my new mascara was because they looked so much longer, she did not believe me when I told her that it was the same mascara but different eyelash curlers!

The curl lasts all day long (previous curlers lasted maybe 20mins tops) and is easy to make even. I don't even have to heat this one with my hairdryer like I did with the old ones!

on 9/19/2016 11:34:00 AM

I have the Shiseido one and a cheap no brand drugstore one . Both work better compared to this . Whether it works definitely varies depending on one's eye shape . I love my Shiseido one as it gives me a round natural curve and looks so natural .

on 9/18/2016 11:03:00 PM

This is the best curler I've ever tried! Doesn't pinch my eyelids and It does it job pretty well! Been Using it for years now, and it never disappoints me.

on 8/8/2016 7:48:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I'm asian and my eyes are medium-sized. This product fails in so many levels for me personally. The only plus side is that the rubber is very good quality and would curl the lashes easily.... If the curler fits your eyes. In my case, it does fit my eyes. The design was just weird! Firstly it has very small opening! It's a struggle to get the lashes in. Secondly, the design is quite flat. So when curling my eyelashes, only the midsection got curled, not side lashes. I had to move the curler left and right to grab those side lashes. Well, my $10 curler doesnt do this. Though the rubber is not as good as Shu's but I am more satisfied with the shape as it's curvy and grabs all the lashes from left to Right. I am very disappointed with this item.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Works well. Not the cheapest product but the fact that it does what I wanted and hoped for, means I am happy with it. Great product overall

on 6/10/2016 5:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

No eyelash curler fits everybody. I did a lot of research before getting this. It was supposed to fit my small eyes but unfortunately it's too big and too curved for my small deep set eyes. It doesn't grab the lashes in the outer corner (the most important ones). Other than that the curl is nice and longlasting (on the lashes that get curled) but if I try to reach the outer corner ones, I cannot and end up pinching myself. It's just too big.
After even more research, I got the Shiseido. It's less curved than the Shu so I'm able to catch all my lashes without struggle and it's a couple of millimeters less wide than the Shu Uemura.
Look here for a comparison of the 2: http://www.adifferentface.net/2013/11/04/review-comparison-shu-uemura-vs-shiseido-eyelash-curlers/

Note 1: The replacement pads of the Shu Uemura are not sold. The ones of Shiseido should fit the Shu Uemura. They are just a tiny bit smaller than the Shu Uemura pads.

Note 2: for small almond deep set eyes like mine the Tweezerman ProMaster (not the ProCurl) is made for that specific eye shape. I couldn't test it because they didn't have testers for it at sephora. And I'm not buying it without testing. But it could work for you.

These are the articles that have helped me a lot in finding the right eyelash curler, I hope they help you too:

Popular Misc Beauty Tools