OPI Cozu-melted in the Sun

OPI Cozu-melted in the Sun
Cozu-melted in the Suncozu-melted in the sun OPIcozu-melted in the sun OPICozu-melted in the Sun

4.1

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is an odd little polish. I love it, and would buy it again if I ever run out.

First it's a bit sheer. Your natural nail line (tips) will show even under 3 coats. BUT it's IDEAL on top of any nudish creme when you tire of the nude and boring life.

It's a rose gold shimmer frost. It has a really frosty edge to it, but when you put it over a darker creme say Dulce De Leche, or a truly screechy coral creme like my favourite OPI on Collins Ave, you go from frosty to fiery pretty. The creme colour barely shows but it gives depth to the shimmer.

It goes a touch gritty due to the shimmers I think, so I use my favourite uber shiny top coat that kind of melts everything together called Sally Hansen no chip Insta Dry top coat. That stuff gives it shine, and it seems to melt the frost down into the creme and it works.

It rarely chips, due to the staying power of the shimmer. It's almost a metallic rose gold by itself, and it's really really pretty.

But use a colour coat that covers like Dulce De Leche as a base, then enjoy the rose gold shimmer it has.

The first time I applied this I only used two coats and was not crazy about it. It is very sheer and if you only use two coats the "frostiness" really overpowers the colour. However, with three coats on my fingertips right now I am loving my nails. It's a unique, shimmery, light pink with gold tones. Application was smooth and even and dried quickly (OPI brushes are my favourite in the nail polish world). And remarkably, after about 4 days it is still going strong, with minimal endear that a quick touch-up and topcoat refresher can easily fix (for reference, I'm wearing Butter London Nail Foundation as a base, three coats of Cozu-Melted, and OPI Start to Finish as a top coat).

As with most nail polishes, it's hard to say if I'd buy again because there are always so many more similar shades to try and love. I definitely always want a colour *like* this in my arsenal, of equivalent quality.

I'd recommend this colour if you like pinks, corals, or metallics (it's not quite a metallic, but I think its qualities will appeal to metallic-lovers), or if you like an understated, feminine nail look.

on 10/13/2013 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

Cozu-melted in the sun is a lovely shimmery rose gold colour from opis mexico collection. It is an unusual colour... a coppery peachy pink and unique in my collection. I originally thought of this as a bit of a boring *grandma* colour as I normally prefer to wear bright colours... but cozu melted was a pleasant surprise :) it does take 3 coats but I find that if u want good coverage that is typical of most polishes. It also wears really well. I love it for the spring time :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

If you're looking for a perfect rose-gold, this is it. Really, no need to try so hard to describe the shade. It is the color of rose-gold jewelry, only with more sparkle. Purty! The quality is typical of OPI... which is to say, it applies smoothly, dries fairly quickly, and will last a few days without chipping. This one is a bit sheer, so you will want at least 3 coats. I dunno if I'd buy it again at full price, but if I somehow stumbled upon it for $2 again, well, yeah. Off to find a pretty rose gold ring to wear with it...

on 6/14/2013 1:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this last year and sort of thought it was "meh" and wore it a few times. I sort of thought it looked old lady like....but I pulled it out a few weeks ago and found a new appreciation for it. I remember it seeming more bronzy, but it is a lovely shimmery pink. It is sort of a subtle shimmer, more of a satin, but it does shine....it just isn't obnoxious. It is very sophisticated and does have a mature air to it, but it looks great on tan skin and is pretty and profession without being a sleeper. I am glad I "shopped" my stash and gave this another try. I find the more I paint my nails the broader my horizons get in regards to trying and admiring different looks/polishes/etc.

Wear time is fabulous on this stuff. It lasts 3 days without chipping. It only chipped after I did a bunch of dishes and baked three pies (hopefully didn't chip in the pie lol). I think the chipping has more to do with my top coat getting old and not performing well, not Cozu-melted. Dries fast too on application in comparison to other shadows and removes relatively easily.

If this catches your eyes give it a try or two! You just might fall in love with it like I did. Good luck! :)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

If I hold the bottle up to my NARS Orgasm blush in pan they are an EXACT match. This is a peachy-pink frosty metallic. Perfect for spring/summer but I bust this baby out all year around because the color cheers me up. I usually wear this as a manicure and have wore this as a pedicure in the summer. One to two coats gives sheer frosty color. I achieve bottle color in three coats. Formula is smooth. I can wear for about three day before chipping occurs.I don't use a base coat and I use Seche Vite for top coat. I get edge wearing in a day; I do with all nail polish.

on 6/16/2012 8:20:00 PM

i like how smooth it is to aplly opi polishes, the brush is simply amazing!!! not too goopy not too runny... this color is reaally pretty, but i wish it was more opaque, even with 3 coats it was still kinda sheer... otherwise great...

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

i generally love all OPI products and mainly only use OPI nail polish colours and funnily enough i'm wearing while I'm writing this. I love using this colour during spring or really early autumn. I find it great for spring because i find that no matter what florals and pinky/nude colours are in and this colour goes perfectly with the spring fashion colours. In pictures it looks like a pink but when i put it on it is more of a peachy pink with copper undertones and shimmer which i adore.

on 10/2/2011 9:38:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Beautiful shimmer coral color. Great for Spring. Caution it's not Big 3 Free. But none the less it's a go to shade for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a gorgeous color!! I like wearing this in the spring, or even when summer's transitiiong into fall! Its a super pretty kind of gold beige color with a peach undertone and light golden shimmer, almost like a champagne rose gold color. The only downside is that it doesn't look the best on my skin tone, but I think it would look great on fairer and darker skin.

Popular Polishes