Bloom Cosmetics Lagoon

No Image

4.5

on 2/7/2008 11:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

This is a shimmering blue-green shadow with good pigmentation and fair lasting power. The color works well with my eye color, though it's too vibrant for daily wear. I like the compact and texture of Bloom shadows, and would consider repurchasing.

I love this shadow. One, it has an incredibly smooth, silky and buttery texture. Two, the color is absolutely beautiful, a very bright aqua, with a hint of green.

I've found this as eyeliner over a navy pencil makes it the exact same color it is in the pan several hours later. I use MAC's navy stain powerpoint, which keeps it bright and not muddy for hours.

I love the packaging. The bloom logo is super cute and I love that there's a mirror in the compact.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I love the Bloom shadows. They are deeply pigmented, lots of shimmer, glide on smoothly and last all day. Lagoon is described as a "shimmery turquise blue" on the website. Its gorgeous metallic teal! Retails for between $13 and $18 per shadow and comes in a compact with mirror.

Ingredients include: Talc, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Zinc Stearate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Imidazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Ultramarines (CI 75470), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Iron Oxides ICI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Manganese Violet (CI 77742).

on 1/31/2006 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is WONDERFUL for lining your eyes. The color is pretty and it looks as if it has two colors swirled together, teal and ocean blue. It reminds me a lot of MAC's Aquadisiac except this is more of a blue when applied to the whole lid. The texture is one of the best I've seen because it looks kind of wet. I didn't like this as an all over color on my lid (I just wanted to see what it looked like because I wouldn't ever wear this on my WHOLE lid!), because it was very messy and some of it fell off. I still love my mac eyeshadows but this is a very good one too, I'm planning on buying more of these! continued >>

I got this in a swap thinking it would be a near perfect match to MAC's Parrot. In the pot, they really looked similar! Even when I applied it for the first time it looked almost identical. However, about an hour after I applied I noticed the bright blue dominant/green eyeshadow changed to a greenish aqua color - not at all what it looked like when I put it on. Don't get me wrong, it's still a beautiful color, but I have so many others like it. Next step is to try and use a MAC Shadestick as a base and see if the color will be brighter and stay as pigmented. Overall though, it's a good eyeshadow. Applies easily. Packaging is "eh", wish I could see the color without opening it tho; and I could do without the mirror.

I love this color! It is a metallic blue-green. The quality of the shadow is excellent and long lasting, and the packaging is so cute.

on 3/20/2005 10:48:00 PM

Like Bloom eye shadow in ‘moss’ (another fave of mine) this has an almost metallic sheen – a very unique texture. It’s a cool-toned jewel blue with green tones and it can be worn as a vibrant wash or can be layered for a dramatic effect. I also find it great as a liner. I have blue eyes and I think it really brings out the blue and I imagine it would really suit brown and green eyes as well. Applies well, wears well and is kind on the pocket at AUD20. Anyone who’s the slightest bit daring with eye shadow shades should definitely check this out.

i really loved this colour in the tester but i find it very hardto apply even if u try to layer it up but i guess it is pretty for daytime wear

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

The colour was intense but not very long lasting. Also the powder is not very finely milled and kind of compresses in the pack.

on 4/24/2004 12:45:00 AM

I was a little hesitant to get this color as I already had MAC Steamy and was a little worried that Lagoon might be exactly the same as it - however I decided at AU$20, it was worth a try. It is a simillar to MAC's Steamy but has more blue in it, it definitely lives up to its name - Lagoon, it's the same as the bright, shimmery blue depths of a lagoon with a tinge of green. I was a little disappointed with the lasting power - I do have extremely oily lids and while most MAC, Stila, e/s last the entire day on me, Bloom's Lagoon (which is also my first Bloom e/s) started to fade after 5 hours. Packaging is sleek and cute, but the clasp does look a little fragile - I love the little mirror that comes with it though. Would re-purchase and it is good value for money, especially in Australia.