Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive age: 25-29
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

3.6

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 3/6/2016 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

Gave me huge cystic acne on my chin 3-4 days after I started using it everyday at night. The great thing is that this cleanser definitely removes makeup amazingly well - better than some luxury brand oil-free cleansers that claim to do the same. But of course, it's not worth it if it causes painful cysts in the process! I definitely do not recommend to anyone with very reactive skin.

on 9/15/2011 11:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

i have tried this product out for a month, but have decided to stop using. it strips my skin, and makes my face so "squeaky clean" it hurts and is irritated afterwards.
i have terribly dry, acne prone skin and thought this could be a gentle cleanser, but it made my acne worse.

on 9/30/2010 1:56:00 PM

OH my goodness. Never again. I bought this based on the rave reviews on Amazon. It may be OK for people to use, say, a few times per week, but it definitely over-exfoliated my skin to the point of dryness and rough red patches, weird rash-like stuff on my cheeks, pimples and cysts, when I used it twice per day as directed. My face has NEVER looked so bad, to the best of my memory. I kept using it for a week, thinking my skin was purging, but as soon as I stopped using it, my skin starting looking better again, gradually. I think my skin may be sensitive to the alpha hydroxy acids, but ladies with sensitive skin, beware. I think I will stick to products with lactic acid as a more gentle alternative for exfoliation! I learned my lesson!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Love this cleanser. It takes off my make up even my waterproof mascara. It leaves my face clean and so far I am in love with this product. I am acne prone and oily, also decided to start using anti wrinkle products recently so I decided to give Alhpa Hydrox products a try and I am pleased with this stuff, even compared to Philosophy products I have tried in the past.
EDIT: I cannot use it anymore. My face was beginning to get irritated, dry and itchy because I have to use BP I am assuming. I would imagine this would work very well for someone who didn't have acne prone skin or who didn't need BP. I have switched back to cetephil and started using Ponds Cold Cream to remove make up I think I just need something more gentle to cleanse and remove my make up since I use AHA, benzoyl peroxide and retinol. I will still give it a yes to repurchase because it works like it says.

I've looked forever for the right cheap, simple facewash, and I finally found it. I positively love this stuff; it leaves my skin feeling clean and tight, and I literally glow after using it. I will repurchase again and again.

Alpha Hydrox, I'm so sorry for leaving you for a fancier looking, more expensive cleanser (Purity Made Simple.) It cannot even compare to you. You even love me so much that after that other one left me dry and broken out and depressed, you fixed me as soon as i came groveling back. I'll never stray again.

on 4/1/2005 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Does everything that it says it does. Takes off everything, including sunblock, without stripping my skin dry. It has even beaten the performance of several acne cleansers that I have used in the past. A really nice cleanser that can be relied on to do the job. My only gripe is that I cannot find it in any drugstores anymore.

on 5/14/2004 1:28:00 AM

At long last I've found you, my HG of cleansers! My ultra-sensitive skin (Rosacea) has reacted badly to every single cleanser I've ever tried... including Cetaphil, Olay Sensitive, Purpose, Clinique Mild, etc. This is the only cleanser I've found that doesn't leave my skin itchy, raw, irritated and/or red. It even removes all my makeup beautifully.

As other reviewers have said, it can be a little drying (like most cleansers). Fortunately, my Cetaphil Cream is heavy-duty enough to combat that lil issue.

on 6/5/2003 6:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked this cleanser at first, no irritation and my skin felt clean, but the more times i used it, the drier my face got:( i would recommend this for oilier skin types

on 8/5/2002 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a simple, no-frills, yet wonderful cleanser for normal to oily skintypes. IMO, it won't give enough moisture to dry skin or probably even combo skin with dryness. It's fragrance-free, soap-free, oil-free, and pH balanced. The "gentle AHA" it says it contains is in the form of Citric Acid, which is indeed mild. It removes makeup and mascara easily, without stripping, irritating or drying out the delicate eyelid area. My skin is sensitive to most face cleansers on the market and acne-prone, and this has caused NO problems for me. I used this for a year and have since switched to Sage's Facial Shampoo Regular, as it's more hydrating. So I won't repurchase, as I prefer Sage's. For more info: www.alphahydrox.com. It can also be bought in the drugstore, Walmart, etc...and www.drugstore.com, www.cvs.com....etc...