Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
Alpha Skin Care Refreshing Face Wash

3.0

2018 Version:Water, Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, PEG-200 Hydrogenated Glyceryl Palmate, Glycerin, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, PEG-3 Distearate, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate, Citric Acid, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Idopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Sodium Chloride

on 3/15/2013 8:21:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I am usually vigilant about product ingredients before I use them on myself and I was wary of this product because it contains Sodium Laureth Sulfate and even Sodium Chloride (salt!) but I bought this anyway because of the great reviews on Makeupalley. MUA has proved extremely helpful to me over the years unfortunately this one did not live up to the rating - for me, anyway. I use a gentle cleanser in the AM (non foaming or stripping) and then in the PM remove my makeup with my usual Bioderma H20/Simple Wipes/a mild non-foaming cleanser and then maybe Clinique Mild Clarifying Lotion afterwards as BHA toner. This time I used this to cleanse after removing makeup, then Decleor night balm. Literally even with the balm my skin felt so parched and I could tell this had "stripped" my skin and disrupted its protective acid mantle. The next morning I woke up to an irritated rash on my cheeks - like small red blisters. I could also feel an under the skin spot forming on my cheek. I immediately slathered on a rich, soothing mosituriser and luckily this calmed my face and stopped it from getting worse. The rash and spot luckily settled the next day however this experience was enough to make me throw out the wash. I should have known better anything "foaming" is too drying and stripping for me. Plus the claims of this product are false - they claim the product is "soap free" yet Sodium Laureth Sulfate is indeed one of the ingredients (albeit low down in the list - it's still there!). Plus the way you get most products to foam is the presence of a soap/detergent (SLS)!!! I stupidly thought because it wasn't in the top ingredients it would be fine but this experience has taught me to stay away from all skin products with SLS in the ingredients in future and I urge anyone else to do this even if they have combo skin (like me) or even oily...

on 11/24/2008 10:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Great basic skin cleanser!! I bought this dirt cheap at Marshalls and I am very pleased. It's fragrance free, and cleanses very well with no weird residue. I use retin a cream nightly and this face wash does not irritate my already sensitive skin. Will definitely repurchase.