CLARINS Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate

CLARINS Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate
Super Restorative Total Eye ConcentrateClarins Super Restorative Total Eye ConcentrateClarins Super Restorative Total Eye Concentrate

Water (Aqua) , Cyclomethicone , Glycerin , Cetearyl Alcohol , Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides , Propylene Glycol , Silica , Glyceryl Stearate , PEG-100 Stearate , Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter) , C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate , Cetearyl Glucoside , Phenoxyethanol , Butylene Glycol , Steareth-21 , Dimethicone , Carum Petroselinum (Parsley) Extract , Carbomer , Tocopheryl Acetate , Tribehenin , Methylparaben , Triclosan , Pueraria Lobata Root Extract , Dimethiconol , Tetrasodium EDTA , Caffeine , Sodium Hydroxide , Ceramide 2 , Butylparaben , Ethylparaben , BHT , Titanium Dioxide , Propylparaben , Isobutylparaben , Mannitol , Rosa Centifolia Flower Extract , Siloxanetriol Alginate , Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein , Sucrose , Diospyros Kaki Fruit Extract , Sodium Methylparaben , PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil , Potassium Sorbate , Sorbic Acid , Yeast Extract (FAEX) , Panax Ginseng Root Extract , Palmitoyl Oligopeptide , Tilia Cordata Wood Extract , Aesculus Hippocastanum (Horse Chestnut) Seed Extract , Calcium Pantothenate , Biotin , Geraniol , Citronellol. 10/20/09

on 3/1/2019 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

The ingredient list isn't ideal. There's way too much plastic. It's fragranced and overpriced. But my goodness this performs. I went through two bottles when I was on a better income and it helps my undereyes in a major way.

The skin under my eyes is dry and thin with creases and fine lines. The area is a fair bit sunken. I would definitely benefit from fillers. This has been the only eye cream to make the area look bright and smooth.

I'm still looking for an affordable alternative with a cleaner ingredient list. No luck yet.

Got a rash from the weleda eye creams. Tata Harper eye lotion (?) had a very strong lemon smell and wasn't as moisturizing as the affordable Sukin eye serum. FAB is just so-so, not better than creams half the price. Caudalie eye creams come close to perfect but just as pricey. Clinique laser repair eye cream is decent but expensive and not the cleanest ingredients either. I'm still using bioderma sensibio eye lotion because it's cheap, the tube lasts a year, and it's better than nothing :(

on 2/23/2019 11:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have a rather generous sized sample tube of this product and I use probably about the size of the head of a pin under each eye and it is more than sufficient to completely hydrate my undereyes. I wish more eye creams came in a tube dispenser because jars and pump style packaging I feel are better for items where you use more product per application. Because I use so little I do not detect any fragrance like some of the other reviewers have mentioned. The texture of this cream is somehow both light and airy while densely moisturizing. I know that makes no sense whatsoever but it is wonderful. It isn’t too thick that you feel like you are tugging to spread it across your skin and at the same time it isn’t too gel/lotion like that it takes forever to absorb. Clarins really nailed it in the formula department. I rarely use concealer but I have noticed that my undereye area is smoother after using this so I imagine that concealer would apply beautifully overtop but I can’t say from experience for sure. I’m not certain I would purchase this because it is pricey and using so little will have that sample tube lasting me forever. I do like this a lot, and if you are looking for a luxurious eye cream I’d recommend you give it a try.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My mission to find a good eye cream began with a sample of Clarins Super Restorative Eye Concentrate. I used to love Sisley's Eye & Lip contour cream - until it was discontinued! I'd heard lots about this one so thought I would give it a try.

Although it didn't sting (despite the fragrance) and contained probably the most parabens I've ever seen in a skincare product, plus triclosan!! (say what!?) it did suit my eye area and made it look hydrated and firmer. I also didn't experience any milia which I quite often do with eye creams or treatments, so this was a plus. The only reason I wouldn't invest in the full size is entirely down to my wish to avoid excessive chemicals in my products. I do find most of Clarins' formulations to be at complete odds with their brand ethos which is a shame as there's some good products in their portfolio.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(As I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, I thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective. I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: 'Nuxe' - Reve De Miel Lip Balm
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Foot File/Callus/Heel Treatment - 'Microplane' - Colossal Pedicure Rasp Foot File
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

I had a sample of this that I was able to use for a long time, as just a little bit is needed. The texture is light and absorbs quickly but also feels substantial. It's definitely smoothing to the eye area. I have natural dark circles that no cream will help, so I can't speak to that issue, but overall I really liked this product. The full size price of $85 is a bit daunting but I think I will probably splurge for it!

I am on my 3rd bottle of this...using a tiny bit just under my eyes in the morning & a
little more at nite both under my eyes (it reduces puffiness) and on my area above my
eyelid (it actually does tighten it!).

It's pricy, so I am careful about the amount I use...it has a pump, so I had to work out
how much to pump out (pressure-wise)..also in this red bottle it's impossible to tell when
you are close to running out.

I am 70 yrs young and when I ran out the 1st time I resorted to a sample I had just
received of the La Mer equivalent, I could tell that the Clarins product way outperformed
LM.

Word to the wise: buy this from your local store of choice. I ordered some from Clarins.com
and it didn't work as well. I'm thinking that the heat of weather or in shipping warehouse
somehow broke down the key ingredients.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Over the last ten years I have tried so many eye creams. I've found that fine lines, even deeper crow's feet, are fairly easy to fix with any number of creams. But dark circles and puffiness, those are hard things to fix. But the deep puffy pockets I had under my eyes, nothing would make them go away. Until I tried this on the advice of the Ulta salesperson. I saw some results after the first use, but waited a while to write this review. I've been using it about two months now. The skin under my eyes looks like it did 20 years ago. No pockets, no puffiness. The dark areas are easing up, but I still need some concealer. This is really easy to apply, it feels light and absorbs into your skin easily. It works great under makeup. This is super expensive, but I don't think I'll use anything else again.

This eye cream has a good weight to it and doesn’t leave a greasy finish. It sinks in and hydrates without any irritation around my eye area. When you first put it on you get a tingly lift like a coffee based or vitamin c eye cream. I quite like it, it’s hydrating, firming and works well under makeup.

It makes your eyes look awake immediately reduce puffiness but doesn't get rid of dark circles for the price tag I would try something else

on 7/8/2017 8:07:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This is my favourite eye cream- albeit expensive but for the most part very effective. It has a light almost silky consistency, doesn't feel oily or leave a shiny residue like some eye creams do. Absorbs nicely into the skin. The results are not immediate, but after several weeks of continuous use I notice less fine lines, somewhat of a brightening effect and decrease puffiness- it does not address dark circles. Eye contours appear revitalized imo. It last a long time as w/ any eye cream very little is needed for application. There is a hint of a scent as Clarins is noted for. I usually buy a bottle when there is an incentive program for points, discount etc... it easier to accept the price. A staple product for me.

on 4/19/2017 3:44:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This eye serum is the only one I've ever tried that gave me dramatic results overnight. I know this sounds unbelievable but it's the truth. It tightened the skin and diminished my puffiness and dark circles. I don't even have to use concealer under my eyes anymore. I'd slather it all over my face if it weren't so expensive! If you're looking for an eye serum that works and works fast...this one is it.