Dior Dior Bronze Body Self Tanner

No Image

3.5

on 8/18/2016 6:46:00 PM

One of my all time favorite sunless tanners! First off, let me just really drive this home: it smells freaking great for a self-tanner. None of that fake, chemical-y scent we all know and hate is apparent here. It seems to be pretty transfer resistant too. I don't think any self tanner is 100% transfer resistant or non staining, it's just not possible. But this one is definitely one you can worry less about ruining your sheets and clothes. The texture is very light and moisturizing and rich without being greasy. I'm so surprised at how light it is, literally none of that trademark self tanned gross and sticky sensation will be on your skin. You will feel light and moisturized. It seems to seep into your skin very well. There is also a little bit of shimmer, which I LOVE :)

When it wears off and it's time to exfoliate away, it comes off easily and the color fades more than it "breaks apart". I got a little bit of that lizard skin appearance on my elbows but I think that's to be expected. Everywhere else, it just faded naturally, and it's easy to completely remove and then reapply. No harsh scrubbing necessary. I was able to get my tan to last about 5 days before I needed to re do it. About the average time for a self tan lotion.

The color is very natural....I'm pretty sure you would have to take a bath in this stuff to come out looking like a fake Oompa Loompa. With that said, since it is a very natural color and application, you will not achieve an instant deep bronze, not even with multiple applications. This self tanner is meant to enhance your skin naturally and keep it fool proof. No mistakes, no looking over done. That's perfect for me. However, if you already have a darker skin tone, or you are wanting to look like you live on an island, Dior self tanner may not be your first choice. It is not a very deep bronze at all. The color is a natural tan/brown/gold.

The only reason I can't give 5 lippies: the price tag at face value is obviously a little steep. Even worse, the fluid ounce:dollar ratio makes Dior top the list as one of the most priciest self tanners per fluid ounce. It's not a good value no matter which way you try to cut it. However, if you are sick and tired of smelling terrible, being greasy, staining your stuff, having lizard skin, being orange and looking unnatural all while just trying to get a tan without the skin cancer, I say bite the bullet and pay for Dior. It's still cheaper than if you got your fake tan at a salon, and again, it's not messy, it's pleasant, and near impossible to screw up. You will look shiny and naturally golden tan. Well worth it in my opinion!

on 7/5/2016 8:08:00 AM

I didn't mind the smell. It gives you a light color and what's the light color of bronze ? Orange. The gel is also almost transparent so it's hard to see your application and if you missed any spots here or there. It's pricy so you expect a better value in return. Not in this case. 👎

I don't personally use this but my coworker does and it looks lovely on her. A very natural tan brown color and lasts.

on 5/23/2015 11:56:00 AM

very nice color, sunny glow, doesn't turn orange as many other tanners. Recommed!

on 4/27/2014 2:31:00 AM

This is a good, subtle selftanner. Even though Im not a pro, it didnt leave me streaky or too orange. There is a bit of the typical scent, but I still have to find a selftanner which really doesnt have that. I liked it. The only reason I wont buy it again is that now I would like to try other high-end selftanners to actually have something to compare it to.

on 5/20/2012 1:11:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

This review is for the self tanner natural glow body version. Stay away! It itches like hell (all over my body, not just where I put the bronzer on, and it still keeps itching even the next few days after shower!) and it just gives a light tan, nothing outstanding. I am already dark and I just need some extra help on my legs, but this one is a total disaster. I'd been using Lancaster self-tanners for the last 7 yrs straight & never had any allergic reactions of any kind. Wish I never strayed from Lancaster but the local department store stopped selling it. There goes my money into the waste box.

on 4/24/2012 6:22:00 PM

This is the first time I have tried the Dior self-tanner for the body and judging from some of the older comments below, the formula seems to have changed for the better. All I can say, is that I am very impressed with the product.

What I liked about it are all of the things that are important in a self-tanner: realistic color, no streaking or blotching, easy to apply, doesn't stain the palms of your hands (although, obviously you still have to wash your hands after applying), minimal self-tanner odor, and no color transference to clothing (as far as I can see anyway).

What I hadn't expected and what left me pleasantly surprised, was how long-lasting the color is. Just one application leaves my arms and legs with a beautiful tan for 6-7 days! I am quite fair and usually have to do two color applications with most self-tanners to see any real payoff and the color starts fading after 3 days. I haven't tried the Dior yet on my torso or back, so I'm interested to see how well the color lasts there.

Based on my experience with this product, I will definitely repurchase. I does seem expensive but considering you don't use as much product each time, the cost per application might be the same as a more moderately-priced brand.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Absolutely LOVE this self tanner. I am fair with red undertones and this creates a very natural-looking tan. I have gotten so many compliments and have been using this for years now. I keep buying it because it delivers a consistent natural-looking tan every time. Thank you Dior!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Can see many reviews are old, so I thought I'd add a new review of this, since I find this self tanner a classic product. To me, this NATURAL version without shimmer is the best body self tanner in the high-end range. It gives a natural, soft tan that doesn't scream 'fake'. I am blonde and pale, self tanners are often too much color in one go, but this one is easily buildable and most importantly, fades nicely as long as you moisturise your skin well. I use my bare hands, right when I'm done they are orange, but a thorough washing does it, I never had the orange color stay in my palms.

I give it a 4 because it's a little expensive, contains alcohol (which does help it dry faster, but can also irritate my skin) and has a strong scent. Not too self-tan-ish, but definetely stronger than most.

I have sensitive skin, this doesn't break me out like Lancome and Clarins did.

Voted no repurchase, only because I found the Green People self tanner which is equally awesome, better for my skin and cheaper (about 18). Will write a review soon.

For an even budget-friendlier alternative I recommend the self tanners by Yves Rocher, really good value for money and nice color. YR is a little stronger in color, but they can easily be dilluted with body lotion and gives the same results as the Dior Bronze, but it does take longer to build up.

on 8/14/2010 12:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

The Shimmering Glow left me looking a bit like a freshly dipped copper penny; the color mottled and the smell very unpleasant. It is amazingly fast for turning fingers and palms orange so would only use this if that was my goal. As a self tanner it is expensive and ineffective. Try Clarins Gradual Radiance or the Instant Gel, perhaps even the Dove gradual tanner......avoid this one and save your appearance, it is not attractive.