trilogy Rosehip Oil

trilogy Rosehip Oil

4.3

Certified organic rosehip oil (New Zealand)

on 1/31/2019 1:40:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

ohhhh how i wanted to like this! i've been using oils for quite some time, mostly argan...which works well for me. i have normal skin usually, that can be prone to oiliness in the summer and drier in the winter....also can be very acne prone if the wrong things are used. I'm 41, so my acne issues are a lot less than they were, but using this made me break out badly. one in fact was cystic. it was so huge and painful. i did start out with a different rosehip oil actually, then switched to this, thinking the breakouts would get better. unfortunately not. i gave it about a month. i'm back to argan, and my skin is healing.

it is way too bad, because this oil is really great. feels great, has awesome antioxidants etc....made my face feel and look really good, aside from the breakouts. i highly recommend if your skin likes it. but use caution if you're acne prone, or have fussy skin.

on 1/27/2019 7:06:00 PM

I started using this because my skin was in an awful state with dryness, redness and texture issues, within a couple of days of using it y skin was sorted out. I then stopped using it for a couple months for no reason other than I was trying out different products and forgot about it, it had done such a good job of making my skin normal for such a long time, I forgot how much it was helping me.

Ive recently noticed big changes in my skin due to aging and moderate roscea getting worse, I decided to buy some very expensive products from a skin clinic after a consultation, the products that I was recommended and bought - although very good at clearing my skin, were drying it out to the point were my cheeks had wrinkles, every time I smiled my skin would wrinkle up like an old lady and my skin is so sensitive it was left bright red. I had been trying different moisturizers to no avail until browsing in the chemist the other day I picked up a bottle of trilogy rose hip oil. My skin is finally back to normal again, the redness is gone, the rosacea is cleared up and my fine lines are not as noticeable as my skins hydrated after using this product.

Ive heard horror stories about this oil giving people acne but luckily that isnt the case for me, ive very sensitive skin and have had nothing but positive results from using this oil.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I'm giving this oil a 5 star review for a different reason. My 9 months old drank almost half of it and he was fine! I didn't know how dangerous drinking oil could be until came across a news of a toddler almost dying because of drinking baby oil. It did not do anything noticeable to my skin so later I moved on to another oil, but I realised this oil 100% pure and safe with no nasties. Basically Trilogy did not lie to us and the oil is pure, but it didn't work on me because everyone's skin is different. But this is a good oil because now I know it doesn't contain any skin ruining chemical.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Warning: Not all Rosehip Oils are equal! Having tried perhaps from a dozen brands in the past, I've noticed a recurring theme...the darker the color and richer the aroma, the better the efficacy of the Rosehip oil (hereafter referred to as RHO). This directly translates into results. Example: the lightest ones I used would take over a month to clear a blemish left by acne whereas the darkest I used could achieve the same within half the time! Trilogy's falls somewhere in the middle. It's a light yellow to orange and comes in a protective brown glass bottle with a handy dropper. One or two drops of this each night as the last part of my routine and I'm all set. Simple and easy.

BUT there are a couple of things I really need to point out as it seems many folks are not aware:

Firstly, you need to use sun protection during the day if you use RHO on a night. This is because it contains a high content of polyunsaturated fatty acids which can easily oxidize, although that doesn't mean the oil is phototoxic (it isn't). More importantly it is naturally very high in Vitamin A (which is what Retinol is derived from) and you wouldn't skip SPF if using Retinol right? Same thing applies here.

Secondly, I don't really believe RHO should be used during the daytime at all, the same way you wouldn't use a retinol product during the day. Sure the directions state you should use twice a day (and forget to mention following with SPF) but it's fairly easy to understand why a business would want you to use their product twice a day instead of just once! Imo it's just not required. For daytime simply stick to a good SPF, preferably over a moisturizer or serum rich in antioxidants - Vitamin C, E, Ferulic Acid, Green Tea, Lycopene, Niacinamide etc, all of which serve an actual function - to help counteract UV and environmental damage throughout the day. RHO just won't do that!

Rosehip Oil is definitely one of the most effective natural carrier oils one could apply to their skin, but as with everything, there are things to be aware of and to take into consideration before you do.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled many 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love constantly trying out new stuff - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Paula's Choice' - Skin Balancing Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 5/6/2018 9:05:00 AM

This made me breakout with tiny little bumps near my nose on my cheeks (I don't normally breakout anywhere near my cheeks). It seems to sit on my skin without really absorbing, but the bottle lasts ages and it's pretty cheap on sale.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I use facial oils daily and have been doing so for at least 15 years. There are many I love and that work for my sensitive, combo, break out prone skin. This oil did not work for me at all. I was very surprised as I had hear even Princess Kate uses it! 😂 I found it did not apply nicely/smoothly, didn’t absorb into my skin it rather mostly sat atop my skin, felt like it left an almost gritty film on the skin surface, and didn’t hydrate as well as I was hoping it would. Worst of all, it causes me tiny bumps and some tiny pimples on my cheeks (my tupically non problematic area of my face). I also noticed seriously dry skin on my cheeks - even to the point of peeling/flaking. I suspect the peeling is from this oil though i’m not entirely certain. The bottle and dropper are super and I love the price and that it’s organic. It just did not work for me. This is the first Rosehip Oil I have tried, so I may try others yet.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Excellent product. I apply this at night, and I wake up with soft skin. Does not clog pores or cause acne, I actually find it helps to reduce the size of pimples. Also helps to prevent scarring and get rid of recent scars. Unfortunately it doesn’t get rid of my old scars but I wouldn’t expect it to

on 11/18/2017 12:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼👍🏼

on 8/6/2017 8:42:00 AM

I have hormonal acne from coming off the pill and my nose and chin oil went crazy. I thought I should dry my skin and soak up the oil but it made it worse. I know it seems counterintuitive but fighting oil with oil works. My skin in hydrated and healthy and my sebum producing glands are no longer in overdrive. It hasn't cleared it completely, not yet. One week in and I'm really seeing the difference though and I'm glad I was recommended to buy this. It's so affordable it's worth a try.

on 6/13/2017 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

a great product to have for my dry skin, on my 3rd bottle, and will re-purchase =)