Trilogy Rosehip Oil

Trilogy Rosehip Oil

4.3

Certified organic rosehip oil (New Zealand)

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing!

I have oily skin type and was initially very against putting oil on my face. Like why add or oil to what's already oily. But having read numerous reviews about how amazing this was (& also how Kate Middleton swears by this product), I finally bought a bottle for myself to try out and boy, I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

I use it for my nightly skincare routine and I've noticed by skin becoming smoother and fuller. It does give this dewy appearance. Living in Singapore, this product is sufficient just for night usage for me, since its so so humid here. But when I'm travelling, this is a must bring item! I recently was in UK for a holiday and this was the absolute life saver for my face. It was very dry over there, not like in SG so I applied it both for day and night usage and my skin did not peel at all. My friends were complaining of their dried, cracked skin despite using prescribed moisturizers for dry skin. I had them try this and they immediately went online to make purchase of this golden goodness for themselves.

A very straight forward, simple packaging of a dark glass bottle and a dropper cap. It just seems very 'organic' to me. I only use a drop each time for my face, so a bottle could go a long way! The oil spreads really easily on face too.

Scent-wise, I'm not exactly a fan of it, but I don't dislike it either. Just neutral. I had not heard about rosehip previously and I was expecting a more floral scent (like rose you know), but nope none like that. Smells a little like a fruity olive oil to me. I don't think there's any particular effect on the scent to the mood, I don't particularly feel more calm or relaxed after using the product. I just really love it when I wake up to a smooth, glowy face. You should definitely apply this product on your face at night and I highly recommend you to do so especially when you have the air conditioner on throughout the night.

on 6/8/2016 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ok first and foremost, I'M IN LOVE.

I have a habit of picking on acne, leaving scars and PIH. I've read about oils since the past years but I stayed away from rosehip oil because I read that it's best for dry skin.

Recently I read that it's also good for scars so I told myself, whatever, just give it a go. If it doesn't work I can just use it as my makeup remover anyways since I've ran out of cleansing oil.

I use it in replacement of my moisturizer. Little is more when it comes to oil! I used 2-3 drops for my whole face and the next morning my skin was baby butt smooth! I use it that way daily and I haven't had any breakouts, and better yet, my acne scar has slightly faded in a few days! This is a huge thing for me since my scars usually lingers for months even after using acids and vitamin c serums.

Sadly, this 45ml bottle should be used within 6 months upon opening. I'd only repurchase if I see major improvements by the end of month 6.

To Read all 301 Reviews, Login or Join

on 5/12/2016 4:59:00 AM

A wonderful, light facial oil that's just perfect for overnight use on my sensitive, rosacea skin. As I have quite oily skin in the centre panel, I was sceptical about adding more oil. But this is so light it sinks in at once, and if there's any left on the surface after about 5 mins, I just blot it off. I wear it at night and in the morning I wake up with very nice-looking skin. This is all I use for overnight moisturizing now, as it does the job very well and costs a lot less than expensive brands which irritate my skin. If you have sensitive skin, I'd recommend trying it. I am now on my fourth bottle!

One of my favorite reshape oils!

Doesn't have an artificial smell like the other brands' rosehip oils do. It does a great job of moisturising and lightening blemishes over a few months. I will keep repurchasing this again and again because it's such a treat to wear this to bed every night and has never broken me out.

Got this on a sale for $14. I've only used this for one night so my opinion may change in the days to come but so far it has worked perfectly. I woke up with my blemishes visibly lightened and it didn't give me a single pimple though I am acne prone and break out from using most products. Plus you don't even need much, a little goes a long way so I just use a drop. I'm impressed, would definitely buy again!

Edit: Have used this for a month now and it works! Hasn't broken me out at all even though I put it on my nose which is the most acne prone and oily part of my face. It's not a miracle product, like it's not going to make your blemishes completely vanish in a few days, but it does lighten them with daily use. Worth the money.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Rosehip oils are all quite alike if you're looking for a 100% product - that bring said I always buy trilogy as the packaging is great, the product is always consistent and it does wonders for my dry, sensitive, acne prone skin.

This stuff is pretty good ! I have oily acne-prone skin and sadly this breaks me out but I love it for my under eye area ! It moisturises them really well and I feel like it brightens them a bit. I quite like the dropper too.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I am a recent convert to reship oil. I have finally managed to track down the Trilogy version of it and I am currently finishing off my first 20 ml bottle.

It moisturises my winter dehydrated skin extremely well, much better than moisturisers full of chemicals three times its price (I've paid moderate £16.50 in John Lewis and I've been enjoying it not so sparingly for more than 2 months now, rotating with Clinique Turnaround face oil that I need to use up and my La Roche Posay's Dermic R which has wrinkle fighting retinaldehyde, a milder form or retinol).

I am not very happy about the pipette applicator, honestly beauty industry, could you please finally wake up to the invention of a PUMP?! At least the oil is hosted in a very dark glass, opaque bottle and contains only pure rosehip oil. There is also it's antioxidant version which is a mix of other oils but I was not interested in this one and I'm glad I did not purchase it, judging by the poor reviews of the antioxidant version here.

I cannot agree with the previous review that the Trilogy version is pale in colour - my one was dark amber orange colour and had a fresh, earthy fragrance, quite pleasant and not lingering on the skin. The Sukin's version in next on my list so I will be able to compare as soon as I finish this bottle but at the moment I am very happy with the Trilogy's version.

It sinks in my parched skin straight away, makes it supple and not greasy at all (hello Clarins Blue Orchid oil!), which really surprised me, it does not sit on the skin, goes right in. I apply it directly after washing my face with a face oil (Clinique's Take the Day Off washed off with a wash cloth and a spray of Avene's thermal water) on a still delicately moist skin with a pressing motion. I think I must be using 3-4 drops for my face and 4-5 on my neck and decoletee area. So far it did not stain my bedsheets so all is good.

I love it for what it does to my skin (I had a fresh scar after the once-a-year mega breakout on my cheek and it is fading very fast but but might be a combined effect with Redermic R too) and it became an essential part of my evening routine.

on 1/21/2016 9:06:00 AM

This is an ok Rose Hip oil, but it's nothing special in my opinion. I didn't feel like this was very easily absorbed and I didn't really notice any difference in my skin after using it for some time. It also does not work under makeup. My makeup would look so oily and just slide right off, which I believe is due to the fact that it didn't absorb well into my skin.

I have been using Kosmea Rose Hip and Trilogy just does not compare! Kosmea absorbs easily and I have noticed some nice changes in my skin since using it. I don't break out as much, my skin tone is more even, and my skin is so much less oily. I even use it under makeup and it makes my skin look glowy without making it oily at all!

I have heard that when looking for a quality Rose Hip oil, you should look for a deep orange colour as it means it's of a higher quality. I have compared the two and Kosmea is a deep, carrot colour whereas Trilogy is noticeable lighter.

I have also tried Sukin Rose Hip Oil and I liked that better than Trilogy too in terms of the consistency and way it absorbed, however I didn't use it long enough to compare results properly.

I would not recommend this Rose Hip oil, since Kosmea yields superior results for me. Perhaps Trilogy works better for very dry skin, but for my oily, acne prone skin, it was disappointing.

on 1/14/2016 3:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is the best skincare product I've ever used. It is an excellent product that sinks in immediately, fully moisturizes and seems to help to repair skin and reduce fine lines. I use the organic version since that's what's most easily available to me. I did try a different brand (I think Kosmea) which was more orange and didn't seem as miraculous. I've tried some other oil serums and although they're mostly all pretty good, this really is the queen.

Popular Face Skincare Products