Trilogy Rosehip Oil

Trilogy Rosehip Oil

4.3

Certified organic rosehip oil (New Zealand)

on 2/19/2017 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I wanted to find an oil that won't break me out but will help with my acne scarring. Now, my scarring has always been an issue of mine because no matter where on my body, I scar really easily. So all of those breakouts I had during the peak of my teen years.. well you can imagine how much acne scarring I have.
I used to use a different oil but that just dried out my skin (weird right? because it's an oil) and caused me to break out. So I was quite hesitant buying this, but due to all the good reviews I thought I would give it a go.

Now this oil is orange which is probably a good thing because it probably means it rich. But fear not because it won't make your face orange nor change the colour of your foundation (if you are someone who likes to mix oil with their foundation). Nevertheless, it's a wonderful oil. I use this at the start and end of the day within my skin care routine and it makes my skin really hydrated and nourished. It is also great for people with sensitive skin, as this helps calm the skin, whilst also providing hydration. Furthermore, it does not break me out (yay!)
You only need a few drops of this stuff and as it is quite hydrating and nourishing, it would be best suited to people with dryer skin types.
The only problem is that I've been using this oil for months now and I can't say that it's made a huge difference for my acne scars. Don't get me wrong though, I love this oil but maybe my acne scars are 'too deep' for this stuff. I really don't know.
Nevertheless, this is a great facial oil and I would definitely recommend it to people with dry, dehydrated skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I use salicylic acid to treat the whiteheads on my cheeks and it caused my skin to dry out.Rose hip oil definitely helped in treating the dry patches on my skin and i noticed my skin tone is more even now.

Pros
Love the fact that it is organic no chemicals whatsoever!
Best moisturizer for dry skin
Evens out skin tone
Absorbs quickly
No scent

I include this oil in my night routine after cleansing my face.
Ps : Just wait patiently and you will see the results!trust me :)

on 2/7/2017 6:28:00 AM

Holy Grail status for me! I love this oil SO MUCH and i credit it for getting rid of much of my hyperpigmentation. Trust me guys, i was really sceptical when i heard that an OIL could help in reducing PIH. I have been using AHAs for it and they have helped tremendously but i just couldn't fall for the "this-oil-is-best-for-PIH" hype, which is why it took me so long to try this out.

I ran out of my grapeseed oil and decided to give this a go and love it! It is light and four drops were enough for my normal skin even at the peak of winter. I use it as the last step in my night routine every night and have been using it for the past three months. It has honesty calmed my skin (i attribute it to the higher percentage of linoleic and linolenic acids in it) and has indeed reduced the appearance of PIH. It also hastens the fading of new hyperpigmentation and keeps my skin supple. It doesn't feel oily or sit on my skin for long. It is pretty comfortable and i apply it an hour before bedtime so as to give it ample time to sink in.

It does have a weird, kind-of herbal smell which doesn't bother me much since it dissipates quickly. I store it in the fridge all the time since it tends to go rancid quickly. It works well with grapeseed oil and i use a mixture of the two whenever i feel extra dry.
Overall, i love it and would recommend it to everyone: dry, normal, or oily skinned :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I rarely use nightcream or serum because they are usually heavy and tend to break me out. I have combination skin. Just 3 drops max I pat it all over my face before sleep and all old scarring from previous break outs are gone after 3 months. It is pure oil so you will feel a bit oily but not as bad as other oils.
I'm sure longterm usage will delay aging process to skin. This is a keeper! Will use this religiously until i'm old! (I'm 25).

on 12/5/2016 10:38:00 AM

I brought this to help fade the hyper-pigmentation and scaring on my cheeks as I had seen it on many bloggers posts. When I first opened up the bottle it has an earthy sent but wasn't over powering at all. I would use this morning and night before my moisturizer and would use between 2-3 drops which was plenty for my whole face. I found this to have instant results with skin texture and plumpness but it needs to be used continuously for scar fading. Overall very good product and value for money- would definitely repurchase

on 10/18/2016 5:38:00 AM

I have been trying this product for only 3 days now but i loveeee it!! My acne scars has faded now. It doesn't break me out like other product since i have acne prone before. I really hope this product will work amazing for me for long time!!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I was disappointed with the product. It left a layer of oil on my face after application which made me uncomfortable when I sleep. The oil had a grass smell after I opened the bottle for about 1-2 weeks, which was not the smell when I first opened the bottle!

on 9/4/2016 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I had never heard about rosehip oil until this was sent to me by a family member currently residing in New Zealand. It sat on my dresser for a good three months unopened because i didn't really know what to do with it and then i forgot about it. My only regret was that i didn't start using it sooner because this oil is amazing!!! I did some research as to what it's best used for and i realized my combination/oily acne prone skin could really benefit. I have tried other oils on my face in the past but they either broke me out or did nothing for me. This little oil is a powerhouse. Ive replaced my moisturizer with it (even with the hot, sweaty summer we've had here in Toronto). I started out using it just at night for a week and worked up to twice a day and i did get two cystic pimples on my lower jaw line by my ear. I was disappointed because i thought this would be like the other oils but something told me keep trying it. And here i am about three weeks later with no break outs or cystic acne and significantly lighter dark spots on my face.

This is a newly added part of my skincare routine which is 100% natural and organic so I'm sure the fading is due to the other products i use as well, but this has definitely been the biggest help and has gotten me the fastest results.

I use 3 drops and i warm it up in my hands before patting it on and pushing it lightly into my face. I do gently rub in the oil in over the spots that need the most attention. There is an earthy smell that isn't "nice" but not bothersome either. Immediately you feel this oil soaking into your skin. It doesn't sit on top and you don't feel greasy. Almost immediately after but especially In the morning, your face feels so so smooth you can't help by touch it. Its an amber coloured oil that comes in an purple coloured bottle. It doesnt say to, but i store it in a dark place just in case. I don't like the short shelf life of the product once opened because that small bottle could last quite awhile.

Ultimately there are two places in Ontario that sell Trilogy in store and they are very far from me, so I'll be forced to repurchsse online. There are other brands i could try that are sold in my local health store but I'm not sure if switching brands would cause breakouts. I'd assume not if it's 100% natural and organic but we'll see. That's my reason for taking off a lippy: the brand not being easily accessible here but the oil is definitely a 5 star product on its own.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing!

I have oily skin type and was initially very against putting oil on my face. Like why add or oil to what's already oily. But having read numerous reviews about how amazing this was (& also how Kate Middleton swears by this product), I finally bought a bottle for myself to try out and boy, I LOVE IT SO MUCH!

I use it for my nightly skincare routine and I've noticed by skin becoming smoother and fuller. It does give this dewy appearance. Living in Singapore, this product is sufficient just for night usage for me, since its so so humid here. But when I'm travelling, this is a must bring item! I recently was in UK for a holiday and this was the absolute life saver for my face. It was very dry over there, not like in SG so I applied it both for day and night usage and my skin did not peel at all. My friends were complaining of their dried, cracked skin despite using prescribed moisturizers for dry skin. I had them try this and they immediately went online to make purchase of this golden goodness for themselves.

A very straight forward, simple packaging of a dark glass bottle and a dropper cap. It just seems very 'organic' to me. I only use a drop each time for my face, so a bottle could go a long way! The oil spreads really easily on face too.

Scent-wise, I'm not exactly a fan of it, but I don't dislike it either. Just neutral. I had not heard about rosehip previously and I was expecting a more floral scent (like rose you know), but nope none like that. Smells a little like a fruity olive oil to me. I don't think there's any particular effect on the scent to the mood, I don't particularly feel more calm or relaxed after using the product. I just really love it when I wake up to a smooth, glowy face. You should definitely apply this product on your face at night and I highly recommend you to do so especially when you have the air conditioner on throughout the night.

on 6/8/2016 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Ok first and foremost, I'M IN LOVE.

I have a habit of picking on acne, leaving scars and PIH. I've read about oils since the past years but I stayed away from rosehip oil because I read that it's best for dry skin.

Recently I read that it's also good for scars so I told myself, whatever, just give it a go. If it doesn't work I can just use it as my makeup remover anyways since I've ran out of cleansing oil.

I use it in replacement of my moisturizer. Little is more when it comes to oil! I used 2-3 drops for my whole face and the next morning my skin was baby butt smooth! I use it that way daily and I haven't had any breakouts, and better yet, my acne scar has slightly faded in a few days! This is a huge thing for me since my scars usually lingers for months even after using acids and vitamin c serums.

Sadly, this 45ml bottle should be used within 6 months upon opening. I'd only repurchase if I see major improvements by the end of month 6.

Popular Face Skincare Products