Trilogy Rosehip Oil

Trilogy Rosehip Oil

4.3

Certified organic rosehip oil (New Zealand)

on 6/13/2017 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

a great product to have for my dry skin, on my 3rd bottle, and will re-purchase =)

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

HG moisturizer add-in for me!

FYI: I don't use this particular brand

This does not break me out at all, which is nothing short of a miracle. I actually think it has helped calm breakouts quite a bit. I have tried using many different oils to moisturize/cleanse with, and all but this one have caused skin issues from overdrying and greasness to clogged pores and painful cystic acne. Hemp and castor oil caused the worst problems for me.

I only use this 1-3 times a week at night otherwise I get some clogged pores, but nothing too major.
I moisturize first with my regular night cream and than work a couple drops of rosehip in my hands before applying it.
It is so soothing, dries quickly and relives dryness instantly.
I used it once or twice under makeup and it wasn't an issue.

love love love

on 3/20/2017 9:20:00 AM

Its good but not great for my skin. I have dry and sensitive skin, it gave some moisturizing but my skin felt a bit irritated after a while ( a few weeks ) of using at nights. I also tried using it by mixing with my foundation in winter days, and I liked it this way. But I just couldn't depend on only this product to moisture and help my skin at nights.. I had to go back to normal moisturizing creams again .
But I think if your skin is dry but not very sensitive, it can work. Just don't put all your hopes on this product to solve all your skin problems.

on 3/9/2017 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This was my 3rd attempt at finding the "right" oil for my facial skin and I wish I could say, "third times a charm"... Previously I had sampled GoW Watermelon Seed Oil which caused hives and then I tested GoW Argan Oil and while I liked how it balanced my oily t-zone, I believe it was worsening my Perioral Dermatitis and causing some acne breakouts. The Trilogy Rosehip Oil seemed to provide more "moisture" to my skin than the Argan and I loved the texture and how smooth it made my skin look/feel. But all that was short lived... After a few weeks of twice daily use, it increasingly caused major clogging, textural issues and tiny little pimples to form all over my forehead and between my eyebrows. I went back to my long time HG Sage Old Lady Cream and my skin has improved greatly. Maybe facial oils aren't for me after all.

on 2/19/2017 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this because I wanted to find an oil that won't break me out but will help with my acne scarring. Now, my scarring has always been an issue of mine because no matter where on my body, I scar really easily. So all of those breakouts I had during the peak of my teen years.. well you can imagine how much acne scarring I have.
I used to use a different oil but that just dried out my skin (weird right? because it's an oil) and caused me to break out. So I was quite hesitant buying this, but due to all the good reviews I thought I would give it a go.

Now this oil is orange which is probably a good thing because it probably means it rich. But fear not because it won't make your face orange nor change the colour of your foundation (if you are someone who likes to mix oil with their foundation). Nevertheless, it's a wonderful oil. I use this at the start and end of the day within my skin care routine and it makes my skin really hydrated and nourished. It is also great for people with sensitive skin, as this helps calm the skin, whilst also providing hydration. Furthermore, it does not break me out (yay!)
You only need a few drops of this stuff and as it is quite hydrating and nourishing, it would be best suited to people with dryer skin types.
The only problem is that I've been using this oil for months now and I can't say that it's made a huge difference for my acne scars. Don't get me wrong though, I love this oil but maybe my acne scars are 'too deep' for this stuff. I really don't know.
Nevertheless, this is a great facial oil and I would definitely recommend it to people with dry, dehydrated skin.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I use salicylic acid to treat the whiteheads on my cheeks and it caused my skin to dry out.Rose hip oil definitely helped in treating the dry patches on my skin and i noticed my skin tone is more even now.

Pros
Love the fact that it is organic no chemicals whatsoever!
Best moisturizer for dry skin
Evens out skin tone
Absorbs quickly
No scent

I include this oil in my night routine after cleansing my face.
Ps : Just wait patiently and you will see the results!trust me :)

on 2/7/2017 6:28:00 AM

Holy Grail status for me! I love this oil SO MUCH and i credit it for getting rid of much of my hyperpigmentation. Trust me guys, i was really sceptical when i heard that an OIL could help in reducing PIH. I have been using AHAs for it and they have helped tremendously but i just couldn't fall for the "this-oil-is-best-for-PIH" hype, which is why it took me so long to try this out.

I ran out of my grapeseed oil and decided to give this a go and love it! It is light and four drops were enough for my normal skin even at the peak of winter. I use it as the last step in my night routine every night and have been using it for the past three months. It has honesty calmed my skin (i attribute it to the higher percentage of linoleic and linolenic acids in it) and has indeed reduced the appearance of PIH. It also hastens the fading of new hyperpigmentation and keeps my skin supple. It doesn't feel oily or sit on my skin for long. It is pretty comfortable and i apply it an hour before bedtime so as to give it ample time to sink in.

It does have a weird, kind-of herbal smell which doesn't bother me much since it dissipates quickly. I store it in the fridge all the time since it tends to go rancid quickly. It works well with grapeseed oil and i use a mixture of the two whenever i feel extra dry.
Overall, i love it and would recommend it to everyone: dry, normal, or oily skinned :)

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I rarely use nightcream or serum because they are usually heavy and tend to break me out. I have combination skin. Just 3 drops max I pat it all over my face before sleep and all old scarring from previous break outs are gone after 3 months. It is pure oil so you will feel a bit oily but not as bad as other oils.
I'm sure longterm usage will delay aging process to skin. This is a keeper! Will use this religiously until i'm old! (I'm 25).

on 12/5/2016 10:38:00 AM

I brought this to help fade the hyper-pigmentation and scaring on my cheeks as I had seen it on many bloggers posts. When I first opened up the bottle it has an earthy sent but wasn't over powering at all. I would use this morning and night before my moisturizer and would use between 2-3 drops which was plenty for my whole face. I found this to have instant results with skin texture and plumpness but it needs to be used continuously for scar fading. Overall very good product and value for money- would definitely repurchase

on 10/18/2016 5:38:00 AM

I have been trying this product for only 3 days now but i loveeee it!! My acne scars has faded now. It doesn't break me out like other product since i have acne prone before. I really hope this product will work amazing for me for long time!!

Popular Face Skincare Products